Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

False Economy - A Liverpool Transfer Shambles

Read 6235 times
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Re: False Economy - A Liverpool Transfer Shambles
      Reply #46: Nov 15, 2014 09:49:40 am
      Have we signed anyone who has performed better in there positions? Scratch that, forget Salah because he's been a complete waste of money but Mkhitaryan and Willian would have added a sizable more strength to the squad IMO. Seem like the sort of players who would flourish for us.

You would hope they would flourish for us - thing is how much we should expect for sinking 30-35 million plus 120k pw wages on them.

Chelsea, Man City, United, PSG and so on are in a position where they can spend that kind of cash on taking a risk. Im not saying Mkhitaryan and Willian aren't good players but, for us, would they be good enough for the money? I'm not sure they would.

For that kind of outlay we would be looking for Suarez / Sanchez / Aguero / Costa levels of performance - ideally with a good injury record. All those players we were in for at about the right price.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #47: Nov 15, 2014 10:29:26 am
      Have we signed anyone who has performed better in there positions? Scratch that, forget Salah because he's been a complete waste of money but Mkhitaryan and Willian would have added a sizable more strength to the squad IMO. Seem like the sort of players who would flourish for us.
      I get what you're saying about Salah 7KK7 but when push comes to shove - it's hard to judge how he may have performed here and... he was as cheap as F**k anyhow - the cheapest of the bunch and nothing more than a Chelsea squad filler.

The fact that Salah was, in reality, the only one we had a chance of signing anyhow, says it all.  >:D
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #48: Nov 15, 2014 11:24:10 am
      I get what you're saying about Salah 7KK7 but when push comes to shove - it's hard to judge how he may have performed here and... he was as cheap as f**k anyhow - the cheapest of the bunch and nothing more than a Chelsea squad filler.

The fact that Salah was, in reality, the only one we had a chance of signing anyhow, says it all.  >:D

Exactly BBB they did the same with Marko Marin, who we were supposedly after for ages according to the press anyway. I think he only played about 6 games for them .... Chelsea squad player or Liverpool star signing :)
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #49: Nov 15, 2014 11:35:22 am

What's that got to do with- False Economy - A Liverpool Transfer Shambles?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #50: Nov 15, 2014 11:41:02 am
      What's that got to do with- False Economy - A Liverpool Transfer Shambles?

I'm guessing it's a retort to the post above it.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #51: Nov 15, 2014 11:49:27 am
      I'm guessing it's a retort to the post above it.

oops, yes, it seemed to come out of nowhere when I read it, I haven't read the posts I've missed since I last came on here. My bad
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #52: Nov 15, 2014 11:53:03 am
      Chelsea squad player or Liverpool star signing
      "Most of all, we want to win. That ambition drives every decision." - John W Henry

So there you have it - the decisions to buy Aspas, not Costa; Alberto, instead of Mkhitaryan and Balotelli & Lambert instead of Sanchez, Muller or Reus [for e.g.] were 'driven' by FSG's 'ambition' to win.

:o
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #53: Nov 15, 2014 12:46:38 pm
      Man United in for him as well, according to other reports.

The mancs are ''in'' for at least four different players a day according to the media, today it's Ronaldo (Daily Star), Brazilian striker Douglas Coutinho (Daily Mail), Winston Reid (Times), Christopher Kramer (Daily Star), Saido Berahino (Shitrag).
      Complete bollox from the manc based media.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #54: Nov 15, 2014 12:52:17 pm
      The mancs are ''in'' for at least four different players a day according to the media, today it's Ronaldo (Daily Star), Brazilian striker Douglas Coutinho (Daily Mail), Winston Reid (Times), Christopher Kramer (Daily Star), Saido Berahino (Shitrag).
      Complete bollox from the manc based media.

It's probably way more than 4 players, if you trawl all the transfer sites. Fans doing love eating every spoonful of sh*t the media serve up.

Quick Reply