Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

At what point do YOU call for a manager to go?

Read 10003 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: At what point do YOU call for a manager to go?
      Reply #92: Nov 23, 2014 05:51:18 pm
      Have you heard something Debs, I've had a text from a good friend who's been in and around the Club for years, never, ever gives anything away but says watch this space! Was a shareholder for years before they were sold out, is not one to spread false rumours, but he's been really concerned for weeks now.
      We shall see, it's obvious things aren't right within the club, and the Club is my main concern right now!

Not heard anything hun but the calls are getting louder and more persistant. 

There's been odd comments on here the last week or so about him losing the dressing room and that that will signal the end but he's lost the fans now and the last thing our owners want is the fans stopping spending. 

When fans have waited 5 seasons to get back into the CL and there are spare tickets for a home tie in the group stages that has to be a worry for them.  Fans not turning up for games at Anfield is what got rid of Roy early, so it's certainly not going to save Brendan.

Why prolong the agony, if they aren't happy with things then get it over and done with. 

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3953 
      Reply #93: Nov 23, 2014 05:51:33 pm
      So why give the job to a rookie in the first place. this is what happens when you give a job of managing a world famous club to a novice

He was selected by the owners to keep us mid-tableish without giving them too much grief, in doing so ensure their holding's status as a viable proposition.
      He exceeded expectation last year so a dispensation with the Suarez fee was made, not only would it hopefully strengthen the asset it would also give the illusion of investment.
      Alas the illusion has been discovered.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #94: Nov 23, 2014 05:53:44 pm
      I have never been one to call for a managers head infact the only time I ever have was the dark days of Woy Hodgson. However...

I think he should be given until January to turn things around and if he can't then I'm sorry but there needs to be a change, give someone else an opportunity to salvage something from this season.

If he does not turn things around by January then we will really be in the sh*te.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #95: Nov 23, 2014 06:07:22 pm
      I think failure to maintain Champions League would be the end of Rodgers.

Percevering with players that aren't performing is at odds with Rodgers as a manager in his last two seasons.

Harder to make the call when it's big name players though.

Ultimately failure to pick players on merit will cost him his job.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,350 posts | 1623 
      Reply #96: Nov 23, 2014 06:09:53 pm
      Myself and the old man have been at loggerheads for weeks over BR me saying give him time he, s had bad luck with injuries ,  and the old man saying what I knew deep down  was right ,  in his time here the defence has actually gone bbackwards  and he.seems to have no idea how to fix it  , the defence should be priority but he cant get it right  without that right the whole team is suffering with no confidence at all  .

He is in trouble and make no mistake about it but even if you got rid who on earth is out there with balls big enough to drag this club up to where it should be , worrying times for us im afraid me old man wanted him sacked a while ago me im not sure We lose in the week and im not sure he will survive , and lets be honest we are going there with a squad shot to sh*t dont look promising.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #97: Nov 23, 2014 06:13:24 pm
      And the prize for 'Stating The Obvious In An Attempt To Look Profound' goes to...  >:D

Nothing of the sort mate its exactly how I see it.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,313 posts | 1007 
      Reply #98: Nov 23, 2014 06:16:32 pm
      Ofcourse I'm worried, but can't say I'm worrying about relegation just yet. We might be on bad form, but I can't see that happening. And I agree with Carra, we don't have fight at the moment. Brendan will have to make drastic changes.

The problem is, I can't see any improvement from one week to the next. Brendan seems at a loss, I don't know if he is up to making drastic changes.
      I wish I wasn't worried about the unthinkable, but I am. We can't score for toffee, the defence is a shambles and as for pass and move, it's non existent.
      We seem unable to do the simple things, the players are playing frightened!
      Sadly I can see us slipping into the relegation zone and I don't think the players or manager are up for a fight.
      I truly, truly hope I'm wrong!
      Worrying times indeed.
      Drink is possibly the only solution!   :drink: :drink: :drink:

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,322 posts | 1524 
      Reply #99: Nov 23, 2014 06:23:48 pm
      I think I remember the remit from the owners, was to win the pre in 3 seasons, a bit like they did with the RED SOX. It's looking like they may run out of patience soon, especially if they are watching us continue to play poorly and lose, when the tactics and approach to games doesn't seem to change.
      I can't remember ever wanting a manager out apart from Woy, but i'm beginning to think BR has a limited tactical knowledge, or lack of courage, if he can't/won't change, what doesn't work.
      Perhaps its proving he is too inexperienced to succeed at a top club. We can't wait too long to decide, or we'll be looking for a championship manager before we know it !

Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,313 posts | 1007 
      Reply #100: Nov 23, 2014 06:34:12 pm
      Not heard anything hun but the calls are getting louder and more persistant. 

There's been odd comments on here the last week or so about him losing the dressing room and that that will signal the end but he's lost the fans now and the last thing our owners want is the fans stopping spending. 

When fans have waited 5 seasons to get back into the CL and there are spare tickets for a home tie in the group stages that has to be a worry for them.  Fans not turning up for games at Anfield is what got rid of Roy early, so it's certainly not going to save Brendan.

Why prolong the agony, if they aren't happy with things then get it over and done with. 

Tend to agree Debs, the uncertainty will not help the team, and the media will have a field day. If they've made up their minds, better to get it over with.
      As has been said many times, nobody is bigger than the Club. For me that includes the owners!

Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #101: Nov 23, 2014 06:34:17 pm
      I remember seeing statistics about the immediate impact of manager changes mid season, there basically was no positive impact on average as far as results go.

King Kenny disagrees.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #102: Nov 23, 2014 06:35:20 pm
      Not yet .     
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #103: Nov 23, 2014 06:39:35 pm
      Nothing of the sort mate its exactly how I see it.
      I saw it as you stating the glaringly obvious but if you reckon you didn't; fair enough.  8)
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #104: Nov 23, 2014 06:41:38 pm
      Percevering with players that aren't performing is at odds with Rodgers as a manager in his last two seasons.

Harder to make the call when it's big name players though.
      Two points, well made racer.
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 524 posts |
      Reply #105: Nov 23, 2014 06:47:37 pm
      When you get knocked out of the champions league in the first round and go 10 points behind 4th.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,322 posts | 1524 
      Reply #106: Nov 23, 2014 06:52:55 pm
      Utd are sh*te, no defence and an impromtu mid field. They do have belief, and they fight like sh*t.
      We are sh*te, no defence and dsijointed midfield. But we've got no belief and no fight.
      Also, their manager is able to attract big name players. All the top players we were in for, opted to play elsewhere.
      That's not just the CITY the club is in. It's about the manager and the ambition of the club. We don't look ambitious with the majority of the players we sign, that doesn't fill top players with enthusiasm, to play with them.
      The players we successfully signed were wanted by who else in the prem. NO ONE.
      Would they get in a current top 6 side. NO.
      Enough said I think.
      Bier
      Reply #107: Nov 23, 2014 06:56:22 pm

Not really, or don't you know what on average means?
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #108: Nov 23, 2014 06:59:08 pm
      Utd are sh*te, no defence and an impromtu mid field. They do have belief, and they fight like sh*t.
      We are sh*te, no defence and dsijointed midfield. But we've got no belief and no fight.
      Also, their manager is able to attract big name players. All the top players we were in for, opted to play elsewhere.
      That's not just the CITY the club is in. It's about the manager and the ambition of the club. We don't look ambitious with the majority of the players we sign, that doesn't fill top players with enthusiasm, to play with them.
      The players we successfully signed were wanted by who else in the prem. NO ONE.
      Would they get in a current top 6 side. NO.
      Enough said I think.

Let's just clear this myth up before it goes any further. United had to over pay on wages for both Di Maria and Falco in order to attract them to their club without Champions League football. It had nothing whatsoever to do with their manager being Van Gaal.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #109: Nov 23, 2014 07:09:53 pm
      Still maintain he has to be given at least until the end of the season as I don't think we'll be spending much in the Jan window.

Needs to start learning from his own mistakes though!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #110: Nov 23, 2014 07:51:57 pm
      Would 'When he starts rubbing his face' be an acceptable answer to the OP?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #111: Nov 23, 2014 08:01:49 pm
      Would 'When he starts rubbing his face' be an acceptable answer to the OP?

Class  ;D
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #112: Nov 23, 2014 08:04:48 pm
      If you want to win a league, chances are you would give it to someone who won it at least once in the past 10 years, and doesn't do public bust ups with owners on a regular  basis.

Brendan's remit when he was hired was get us in top 4. He did that ahead of schedule, and without berating his board over lack of transfer funds. So he's still here.

12 months ago, we went to Hull and played like a pub team. The easy thing would have been to make knee jerk judgements. We didn't then and we won't now.

I guess you had to add that qualifier in because you were crowing last season about how Brendan had done so much better than Rafa.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #113: Nov 23, 2014 08:06:52 pm
      He was selected by the owners to keep us mid-tableish without giving them too much grief, in doing so ensure their holding's status as a viable proposition.
      He exceeded expectation last year so a dispensation with the Suarez fee was made, not only would it hopefully strengthen the asset it would also give the illusion of investment.

:lmao:
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #114: Nov 23, 2014 08:11:09 pm

Erm, are you sure about this one Stu? Now I'm no FSG lover by any means but I'm not too sure they got him in to keep us mid table.

Quick Reply