Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Crystal Palace 3-1 Liverpool: In game and post match fury

Read 53541 times
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Re: Crystal Palace 3-1 Liverpool: In game and post match fury
      Reply #644: Nov 24, 2014 01:11:06 pm
      I thought coutinho did ok yesterday. He always wants to get on the ball. He always tries to make something happen ... with a pass or taking people on. Final ball obviously needs work as does his consiatancy ... but he has the quality.

As for the rest of them yesterday .... a complete dogs dinner.

Just my opinion ... but since my first game in 82 ive never seen a goalkeeper as bad as mignolet. 2 goals straight through him yesterday ... no composure ... no command of box and distribution shocking.

Lovren and johnson should be nowhere near this team. Everytime he picks them brendan puts another nail in his own coffin. The both of them on the team in bad enough ... but on the same side of the pitch? Only an idiot like warnock would take 75 minutes to realise bolasie should be on the right.

The protection infront of this shambolic defence is non existant as is the creativity.

Sterling needs taking out of the firing line until the new year. He is nowhere near what he is capable of and needs a break.

Lallana needs a good run in the team ... as does lambert.

But brendan will stick with johnson ... as well as lovren and bring back balotelli ... he keeps talking about finding solutions but alot of the problems are staring him in the face week in week out but he ignores them and carries on regardless.

Coutinho and sturridge aside his signings have been shocking ... whoevers fault it is.

The chavs get costa and fabregas for 62m yet we spunk 60m on lovren markovic balotelli and lambert. Is markovic better than ibe or suso? Is lovren better than toure or agger. Is minolet better than jones or reina ... is johnson better than moreno? Is manquillo better than flanagan?

This season is going to be painful ... it will get worse. I cant see any light at the end of the tunnel.

A few lads did well in madrid. He dumped them in the next game for the usual failing suspects. He broke the dressing room there for me.
      Well said. +1
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #645: Nov 24, 2014 01:14:53 pm
      Was just seeing how many I could get running to Google.

Carragher just nailed it on Sky. No fight, no leaders, no communication.

Exactly what we say during Woy's reign and the last part of Kenny's second stint.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #646: Nov 24, 2014 01:31:01 pm
      Abject.
      That goes for the team and the manager.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #647: Nov 24, 2014 01:42:07 pm
      Although I really don't see it happening after Sunday a good win on Wednesday and at home on Saturday and things would seem a lot better.
      Love to be a fly on the wall at Melwood this morning
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #648: Nov 24, 2014 01:54:04 pm

and what about the award!
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #649: Nov 24, 2014 02:24:20 pm
      It seems every week now I'm saying that's the worst I've seen Liverpool play.

I'm disappointed to see genuine discussions about the future of Rodgers. I expect better from reds and he needs our backing more than ever now. What ever happened to you'll never walk alone? We can't just sack managers when they go through a bad spell. A manager who only months previous almost won us the league title.

He's made some mistakes yes. Some big ones. But he needs our support, the support we are famous for.

That being said, I'm growing more and more frustrated with him persisting on stupid tactics and selections. Thousands of reds are consistently begging him to change things whether it being on forums, phone ins, at the local or at the match but he appears to be too stubborn.

I'll start with Mignolet. Does anybody seriously consider Simon to be superior to Brad? Because if I was manager I'd pick Jones every time. I've said it since he signed, but Mignolet is shockingly poor. I've been slaughtered for criticising him in the past but it seems more and more reds are realising just how sh*t he is. He is a decent shot stopper on his day but you need more than that from your goalie. He can't catch, he doesn't come off his line, he can't play with his feet, he can't sweep, the back four never know what he is going to do next. He makes one, maybe two, massive mistakes each game now. His kick that lead to their second goal was comical. I was laughing my head off at how poor it was. He needs dropping now and a new keeper must be signed in the summer.

Glen Johnson. I never want to see him play for Liverpool again. Piss poor, no effort, doesn't give a sh*t. He's sh*te as well, what the f**k does he actually do? Doesn't get forward and when he does he gives the ball away anyway. Can't defend. Did he make a tackle yesterday? He is shocking. Get rid. Play somebody else, anybody at all, drag a fan from the crowd and give him a shirt because they would do ten times better than that pile of sh*te.

Lovren - Skrtel doesn't work.  As poor as he has been, I would personally keep Lovren in. I think he has been so poor because he has Skrtel, Mignolet and Gerrard around him.  Put a decent centre half next to him, a goalie who will come and catch crosses and a defensive mid for cover I think we would see the Lovren from last season.  I'm not blaming the other three entirely for his poor form but they play a large contribution.

Skrtel - he blows hot and cold for Liverpool. One day brilliant, the next dog sh*t. His partnership with Lovren is awful. I'd take him out asap.

Gerrard - the main concern of the team. Without two pacey forwards his passing is useless. He contributes nothing for us. He can't defend and he can't make any assists due to the non-movement of our forwards. He leaves the back four exposed. Grow a f**king pair Brendan and either drop him or play him elsewhere. Get Lucas in front of that back four, at least for the time being, and get a bit of f**king steal in there. Somebody who will put their foot in for fucks sake.

Borini has to start for me. I thought at times we looked a bit better going forward without Balo yesterday but we still noticeably had no pace in the final third. Lambert did ok for me, but Borini has to start.

The only player who seems half arsed at the moment for me is Coutinho. The one player who is always looking to go past the opposition either with the ball or to make a run. The rest are f**king awful and should hang their heads in shame.

Start playing for your manager, your fans and your club and put some f**king effort in. If we get beat 3-1 by palace then so be it, but all 11 of you best come off the f**king pitch having given 100%. And we didn't see that yesterday.

Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #650: Nov 24, 2014 02:34:26 pm
      It seems every week now I'm saying that's the worst I've seen Liverpool play.

I'm disappointed to see genuine discussions about the future of Rodgers. I expect better from reds and he needs our backing more than ever now. What ever happened to you'll never walk alone? We can't just sack managers when they go through a bad spell. A manager who only months previous almost won us the league title.

He's made some mistakes yes. Some big ones. But he needs our support, the support we are famous for.

That being said, I'm growing more and more frustrated with him persisting on stupid tactics and selections. Thousands of reds are consistently begging him to change things whether it being on forums, phone ins, at the local or at the match but he appears to be too stubborn.

I'll start with Mignolet. Does anybody seriously consider Simon to be superior to Brad? Because if I was manager I'd pick Jones every time. I've said it since he signed, but Mignolet is shockingly poor. I've been slaughtered for criticising him in the past but it seems more and more reds are realising just how sh*t he is. He is a decent shot stopper on his day but you need more than that from your goalie. He can't catch, he doesn't come off his line, he can't play with his feet, he can't sweep, the back four never know what he is going to do next. He makes one, maybe two, massive mistakes each game now. His kick that lead to their second goal was comical. I was laughing my head off at how poor it was. He needs dropping now and a new keeper must be signed in the summer.

Glen Johnson. I never want to see him play for Liverpool again. Piss poor, no effort, doesn't give a sh*t. He's sh*te as well, what the f**k does he actually do? Doesn't get forward and when he does he gives the ball away anyway. Can't defend. Did he make a tackle yesterday? He is shocking. Get rid. Play somebody else, anybody at all, drag a fan from the crowd and give him a shirt because they would do ten times better than that pile of sh*te.

Lovren - Skrtel doesn't work.  As poor as he has been, I would personally keep Lovren in. I think he has been so poor because he has Skrtel, Mignolet and Gerrard around him.  Put a decent centre half next to him, a goalie who will come and catch crosses and a defensive mid for cover I think we would see the Lovren from last season.  I'm not blaming the other three entirely for his poor form but they play a large contribution.

Skrtel - he blows hot and cold for Liverpool. One day brilliant, the next dog sh*t. His partnership with Lovren is awful. I'd take him out asap.

Gerrard - the main concern of the team. Without two pacey forwards his passing is useless. He contributes nothing for us. He can't defend and he can't make any assists due to the non-movement of our forwards. He leaves the back four exposed. Grow a f**king pair Brendan and either drop him or play him elsewhere. Get Lucas in front of that back four, at least for the time being, and get a bit of f**king steal in there. Somebody who will put their foot in for fucks sake.

Borini has to start for me. I thought at times we looked a bit better going forward without Balo yesterday but we still noticeably had no pace in the final third. Lambert did ok for me, but Borini has to start.

The only player who seems half arsed at the moment for me is Coutinho. The one player who is always looking to go past the opposition either with the ball or to make a run. The rest are f**king awful and should hang their heads in shame.

Start playing for your manager, your fans and your club and put some f**king effort in. If we get beat 3-1 by palace then so be it, but all 11 of you best come off the f**king pitch having given 100%. And we didn't see that yesterday.

Can anyone disagree with this? Because I cannot. It seems our manager is picking players based upon their potential instead of form.

Shocking how Johnson can keep his place. How we didn't buy a decent keeper to backup what we all knew about Mignolet, Skrtel will concede fouls every game and we will concede goals from them.

The manager seems weak at the moment.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #651: Nov 24, 2014 03:26:46 pm
      Exactly what we say during Woy's reign and the last part of Kenny's second stint.

Which suggests we have a more deep-seated problem than just "it's Rodgers' fault!". What's the one thing that links these three? FSG. Or more specifically, their unfit-for-purpose transfer strategy. FSG do a lot right - a hell of a lot right, as owners go we could do a lot worse - but they consistently fail in their approach to transfers. Three managers, four years and £345 million spent on players and in terms of being a major force in world football once more, we're no further forward than we where when they arrived. They have to change course.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #652: Nov 24, 2014 04:13:58 pm
      Exactly what we say during Woy's weign and the last part of Kenny's second stint.

Agree Rodder's and fixed it for you mate.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #653: Nov 24, 2014 04:20:07 pm
      Which suggests we have a more deep-seated problem than just "it's Rodgers' fault!". What's the one thing that links these three? FSG. Or more specifically, their unfit-for-purpose transfer strategy. FSG do a lot right - a hell of a lot right, as owners go we could do a lot worse - but they consistently fail in their approach to transfers. Three managers, four years and £345 million spent on players and in terms of being a major force in world football once more, we're no further forward than we where when they arrived. They have to change course.

What would you suggest?
      Brown LFC
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts | -34 
      Reply #654: Nov 24, 2014 04:30:56 pm
      I really hate when I see people write that LFC are 18 points adrift!, there is no chance in hell LFC is going to narrow that margin. The reality it should be concentrated on how to avoid the drop to lower leagues! THIS IS THE SHITTY AND IMEIDATE FACT, THERE IS NOTHING ELSE.

It is about time the whole LFC, from fans, players, management (which I have no hope or faith in them at all) and owners (whom they need to wake up for US sleep and realize the danger) all must work hard to put points on board forgetting about 8th spot or higher, which it will not be achieved as long as BR is in charge.

The past masters of LFC managers of old, they used to say at start of each season to put points on board, and did not say they want to finish first, second, or fourth, just put enough points to avoid the drop... that was the main aim, not to listen to this idiot BR talking about fourth spot!, in his dream. This idiot had a simple job to rectify the keeper and defence school level mistakes since last season, which he failed miserably to do so. Every title winners they had strong defence to win the title, but only this idiot BR thinks by leaking enough goals he can win things, he had a crack at last season, and what was the main reason he didn’t win it, it was simply because of very leaky defence!, what does he want to change the football philosophy! What a genius. Just hear his excuses after yesterday results, the team is in transaction!, young team!, other rubbish and idiotic not worthy of any LFC manager apart from Rafa, who used to say the same sh*t. 

Now I hear the US owners are backing him to stay, this it does reveal two things (a) that BR numbers is up and they will sack him after the loss against Stock, as many other clubs owners they do back their manager today and sack them tomorrow! This is a fatal infamous statement!. (b) They are really blind and they will only realize what hit them when their club has dropped out of the premier league.

THIS IS LFC RECENT HISTORY ONE STEP FORWARD AND THREE STEPS BACKWARD, UNTIL ONE DAY IT WOULD LOSE THE FORWARDS GEARS ENTRILY.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #655: Nov 24, 2014 04:53:59 pm
      I really hate when I see people write that LFC are 18 points adrift!, there is no chance in hell LFC is going to narrow that margin. The reality it should be concentrated on how to avoid the drop to lower leagues! THIS IS THE SHITTY AND IMEIDATE FACT, THERE IS NOTHING ELSE.

It is about time the whole LFC, from fans, players, management (which I have no hope or faith in them at all) and owners (whom they need to wake up for US sleep and realize the danger) all must work hard to put points on board forgetting about 8th spot or higher, which it will not be achieved as long as BR is in charge.

The past masters of LFC managers of old, they used to say at start of each season to put points on board, and did not say they want to finish first, second, or fourth, just put enough points to avoid the drop... that was the main aim, not to listen to this idiot BR talking about fourth spot!, in his dream. This idiot had a simple job to rectify the keeper and defence school level mistakes since last season, which he failed miserably to do so. Every title winners they had strong defence to win the title, but only this idiot BR thinks by leaking enough goals he can win things, he had a crack at last season, and what was the main reason he didn’t win it, it was simply because of very leaky defence!, what does he want to change the football philosophy! What a genius. Just hear his excuses after yesterday results, the team is in transaction!, young team!, other rubbish and idiotic not worthy of any LFC manager apart from Rafa, who used to say the same sh*t. 

Now I hear the US owners are backing him to stay, this it does reveal two things (a) that BR numbers is up and they will sack him after the loss against Stock, as many other clubs owners they do back their manager today and sack them tomorrow! This is a fatal infamous statement!. (b) They are really blind and they will only realize what hit them when their club has dropped out of the premier league.

THIS IS LFC RECENT HISTORY ONE STEP FORWARD AND THREE STEPS BACKWARD, UNTIL ONE DAY IT WOULD LOSE THE FORWARDS GEARS ENTRILY.

how in God's name did you get more negatives than posts. :lmao:
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #656: Nov 24, 2014 04:57:34 pm
      how in God's name did you get more negatives than posts. :lmao:

sh*t just noticed that what a Legend!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #657: Nov 24, 2014 04:58:25 pm

Sh*t just noticed that what a Legend!

best laugh I have had allday.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #658: Nov 24, 2014 05:56:21 pm
      Agree Rodder's and fixed it for you mate.

I was going to do that, but it's a step to far, what with me being a member of the RSPB, can't attack owls too much.  ;D
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1634 
      Reply #659: Nov 24, 2014 08:12:45 pm
      I'm upset today, he'd be great to have out there shouting and with some Liverpool fuel and passion and his last ditch tackles great!
      and I would rather he spoke truthfully than have him say what's right by us/Liverpool.
       I love what he did for us.
       He's overdoing the political stance just like Neville does with united. Like they are journalists and have to be unbiased, I get what he has to do with his job now.
      Jamie Carragher was a committed and passionate player and he was dependable it doesn't mean he was without fault because he had many. One of them was actually passing the ball.

Was a fault thats why he didnt attempt it and worked like F##k to put it right maybe lovren can practice getting goalside, Coutinho shooting , Skyrtl not holding, Mignolet just in general , etc .The same basic errors keep occuring thats the problem
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,475 posts | 701 
      Reply #660: Nov 24, 2014 11:00:31 pm
      it was always going to be a tough season.

we added 3 new players to the back 4. We lost our star striker. Our 2nd top scorer gets injured, in a post world cup season after a highly emotionally charged previous season.

Sterling, Gerrard, and Henderson must be shattered, new players trying to understand the system and adjust to the new league.

It just takes time. Not panic stations
      Nene
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts |
      Reply #661: Nov 25, 2014 03:07:12 am
      Amen, Pastor. Brendan is a young chap, he's still learning the ropes. Give him a few years and he will start winning things.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #662: Nov 25, 2014 10:30:50 am
      Amen, Pastor. Brendan is a young chap, he's still learning the ropes. Give him a few years and he will start winning things.

he's not at swansea anymore
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #663: Nov 25, 2014 10:37:08 am
      Amen, Pastor. Brendan is a young chap, he's still learning the ropes.

Give him a few years and he will start winning things.

Championship  title  :    Liverpool  Football Club    2018.      ?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #664: Nov 25, 2014 11:06:34 am
      it was always going to be a tough season.

we added 3 new players to the back 4. We lost our star striker. Our 2nd top scorer gets injured, in a post world cup season after a highly emotionally charged previous season.

Sterling, Gerrard, and Henderson must be shattered, new players trying to understand the system and adjust to the new league.

It just takes time. Not panic stations

Not buying that. We didn't need to sign another left footed centre back when we had Sakho and Agger. But Rodgers doesn't like players speaking their mind so Agger had to go. Right now it looks like £20 million down the drain. The other two defensive signings Manquillo and Moreno haven't been an issue other that lack of experience.

Our star striker was replaced with a far inferior striker with an attitude problem. A player who is the polar opposite of everything that makes Suarez great. We already had a target man signed in Lambert so why did we sigh another one which contradicts the managers whole philosophy and style?

If Gerrard, Hendo and Sterling are as shattered as you allude then why does the manager persist with playing them week in week out and leave Lucas, Can and Markovic on the bench? Wasn't the point of signing these players to have squad depth?

Of course it takes time for new signings to settle in but on no way should we be losing to Crystal Palace in embarrassing fashion after spending £120 million over the Summer. If we continue losing we will be in the relegation zone soon. Will you still say no panic stations then?
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #665: Nov 25, 2014 12:37:42 pm
      Not buying that. We didn't need to sign another left footed centre back when we had Sakho and Agger. But Rodgers doesn't like players speaking their mind so Agger had to go. Right now it looks like £20 million down the drain. The other two defensive signings Manquillo and Moreno haven't been an issue other that lack of experience.

Our star striker was replaced with a far inferior striker with an attitude problem. A player who is the polar opposite of everything that makes Suarez great. We already had a target man signed in Lambert so why did we sigh another one which contradicts the managers whole philosophy and style?

If Gerrard, Hendo and Sterling are as shattered as you allude then why does the manager persist with playing them week in week out and leave Lucas, Can and Markovic on the bench? Wasn't the point of signing these players to have squad depth?

Of course it takes time for new signings to settle in but on no way should we be losing to Crystal Palace in embarrassing fashion after spending £120 million over the Summer. If we continue losing we will be in the relegation zone soon. Will you still say no panic stations then?

It is difficult to disagree with your post but as it has been discussed a hundred times already on this forum, who would have joined us?

It's all well and good saying Rodgers should have signed a 40 goal a season striker to replace Suarez but who was available, who we could afford, who would have come to Liverpool? 

We tried to get Costa 2 seasons ago, he wasn't interested. We tried to sign Sanchez who again wasn't interested.

Regardless of who we signed or didn't sign, the team we put out on Sunday was more than capable of beating Palace. I'm not defending Brendan as such, but how many of our players came off the pitch having given 100%?

Brendans tactics/selections are all wrong but the players aren't putting a shift in either. They are to blame just as much.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #666: Nov 25, 2014 12:39:50 pm
      our average player age today was 26 !!.. and we keep getting told that "they need time to gel together'.... BOLLOCKS !!
      Did Rush, Dalglish,Keegan,Barnes or Gerrard for christs sake need time?..NO ! Get the shirt on and get out there and show us what your made of... FFS !..

A bit unfair like, apart from Gerrard all the other players played in very successful winning teams. Easier to gel when you're smashing everything in front of you!!

Quick Reply