Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Crystal Palace 3-1 Liverpool: In game and post match fury

Read 53522 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Crystal Palace 3-1 Liverpool: In game and post match fury
      Reply #667: Nov 25, 2014 12:45:56 pm
      Amen, Pastor. Brendan is a young chap, he's still learning the ropes. Give him a few years and he will start winning things.

Bollocks. He's been here a few years now, had a shed load of money and had a chance to take us to the next level this season, he's failing this season, miserably.

I'd have thought a few years on we would have started to improve our defending but we have just gotten worse and worse. Loren a Ā£20mill defender getting torn apart and left on his arse by Bolasie en-route to Migs getting virtually megged for 2-1, was so embarrassing to watch on all levels! Give them credit for the third goal, beautiful free kick and was no stopping it but Skrtel was all over Gayle and although Gayle was at it just as much, I'm not concerned about that because Skrtel has been all over the opposition for years so was asking for a free kick to be awarded to them then.

Emre Can done well against Chelsea, Lucas has played well and Borini has looked our best striker but yet they were all on the bench. Johnson plays piss poor at right back so we choose to play him on the left. I am really struggling to understand the thinking behind Rodgers' tactics and team selections this season because every team is finding it easy against us at the moment.

6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #668: Nov 25, 2014 06:56:57 pm
      A bit unfair like, apart from Gerrard all the other players played in very successful winning teams. Easier to gel when you're smashing everything in front of you!!

Point taken... but either way our new signings should be able to hit the ground running regardless of country of origin and fitness level.. we all saw videos and footage of Markovic, Moreno and Can along with weekly MOTD stuff from Lallana and Lambert let alone what Mario is capable of.. all talented footy players who, judging by what i'm seeing, cannot play together.. all this sh*t zonal marking tactics and keep ball sh*t is ruining not only these players careers but turning us in to a boring mid table bag of sh*t...
      Toure had his best game in a red shirt against Real away... yea?... He hasn't kicked a ball since !! That is unbelievable !!
      Ā£40 million pound worth of fit talent in Markovic & Moreno sat on the bench for the whole 90 minutes against Palace.. and yet Glen Johnson gets picked... Crazy..
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #669: Nov 25, 2014 07:16:13 pm
      I was there on Sunday. Cold, wet and the worst coffee I've ever experienced....I was there for the 3-3 also.....Brilliant
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #670: Nov 25, 2014 07:25:38 pm
      Not buying that. We didn't need to sign another left footed centre back when we had Sakho and Agger. But Rodgers doesn't like players speaking their mind so Agger had to go. Right now it looks like Ā£20 million down the drain. The other two defensive signings Manquillo and Moreno haven't been an issue other that lack of experience.

Our star striker was replaced with a far inferior striker with an attitude problem. A player who is the polar opposite of everything that makes Suarez great. We already had a target man signed in Lambert so why did we sigh another one which contradicts the managers whole philosophy and style?

If Gerrard, Hendo and Sterling are as shattered as you allude then why does the manager persist with playing them week in week out and leave Lucas, Can and Markovic on the bench? Wasn't the point of signing these players to have squad depth?

Of course it takes time for new signings to settle in but on no way should we be losing to Crystal Palace in embarrassing fashion after spending Ā£120 million over the Summer. If we continue losing we will be in the relegation zone soon. Will you still say no panic stations then?

Agger admitted he was no longer physically able to handle the demands of the premier league.
      He did an interview about it.
      Then he came out and said "Rodgers doesn't appreciate me" and various other things.
      Poor love, must be terrible not to be appreciated whilst earning millions a year, and being unable to play a lot of games because of constant injuries.

But hey, don't let the truth get in the way of a good old bitchfest.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #671: Nov 25, 2014 09:54:43 pm
      I was there on Sunday. Cold, wet and the worst coffee I've ever experienced....I was there for the 3-3 also.....Brilliant

Note: Don't ever go there again you bloody Jonah.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #672: Nov 25, 2014 10:23:13 pm
      Neville pretty much said exactly what i said on MNF

MNF

'bollocks' maybe, but this is coming from a player who's also been through it himself , it makes sense.

Furthermore, i believe sahko is injured, if we were going to sell agger who admittedly said that he couldnt handle the league week in week out, then brendan wasnt wrong in signing Lovren. None of you people had a problem with Lovren when we signed him and how he played last season. Give the dude a chance!

Also to suggest that we should now sub out gerrard, sterling and hendo with our new signings would literraly only leave Sktrel, Allen and Mignolet in the first team from last season. THATS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TEAM ;D

I would suggest its more of a balancing act that our young manager is starting to learn.

Flying Squirrel 39
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts | 23 
      Reply #673: Nov 26, 2014 09:54:55 am
      Neville pretty much said exactly what i said on MNF

MNF

'bollocks' maybe, but this is coming from a player who's also been through it himself , it makes sense.

Furthermore, i believe sahko is injured, if we were going to sell agger who admittedly said that he couldnt handle the league week in week out, then brendan wasnt wrong in signing Lovren. None of you people had a problem with Lovren when we signed him and how he played last season. Give the dude a chance!

Also to suggest that we should now sub out gerrard, sterling and hendo with our new signings would literraly only leave Sktrel, Allen and Mignolet in the first team from last season. THATS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TEAM ;D

I would suggest its more of a balancing act that our young manager is starting to learn.

Excellent analysis from Gary Neville.Always thought of him as a slow one but that was tight.Carragher with very interesting points on Coutinho (Team in general) and GerrardĀ“s role.Although he did excel in a more defensive minded role last season but I donĀ“t believe IĀ“ve seen him this far back (and against CP...).And I honestly never thought specifically about this point probably because of his consistent output last season but we would be better off with Gerrard closer up and a DM behind (though I hate that role)...but that would add a more defensive player and take out an attacking one... Difficult.We should be able to anchor Allen there and deploy everyone else,see if we can get something out of him.

Dead right on Lovren,but of course we canĀ“t give him a whole season to find himself.And even mentioning subbing Gerrard or Sterling is ludicrous and knee-jerk as hell.I would leave Henderson on if just to keep the core of last season and see if they click again,but Lallana should be in there already.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #674: Nov 26, 2014 02:38:17 pm
      Devastated. This does not look good

Quick Reply