Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Crystal Palace 3-1 Liverpool: In game and post match fury

Read 54015 times
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Re: Crystal Palace 3-1 Liverpool: In game and post match fury
      Reply #575: Nov 23, 2014 08:51:26 pm
      Gerrards form could be down to he is fed up with everything and isn't hungry anymore. Think about it.
      We were so closed last season, and we all know how desperately stevie wants to win the league. And perhaps he is still thinking of that slip against Chelsea.

Then he has a poor world cup, we sell our best player and none of our new signings are big name signings. We have a poor start to our season, and now he realise that we aren't good enough to win the title.

The fans are moaning, the manager is struggling and we don't have one world class player in our squad. Maybe stevie thinks F**k it. I am tired of all this shitt, let me just play the game and keep getting my paychecks.

Think about it, stevie have seen this pattern over and over again through years and managers. Maybe he is tired of this all?

Well magic can't speak against a legend Stevie can go and suffer with his 147 million, and learn to deal with it.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,352 posts | 1631 
      Reply #576: Nov 23, 2014 08:51:32 pm
      This misfiled you talk about was that BR, S blueprint for success.

it's the whole misfiled
      [/quote]

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #577: Nov 23, 2014 08:54:00 pm

it's the whole misfiled

that's it he has misfiled his book with his plan in it.Now he must be a man without a plan
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #578: Nov 23, 2014 09:00:44 pm
      If we think FSG are going to splash more cash in January, and add more to the wage bill above and beyond Markovic, Lallana, Lambert, Balotelli, Can, Lovren, Moreno, Manquillo, then we are wrong. I can see us having to spend before buying because FSG are all about keeping that wage bill manageable.

Actually thought we looked worse without Balotelli today, and we all know how crap we are with him in the team.

Face it, we're expecting these current players to start turning things around, but why, why should we expect this? What glimmer of hope can we look to, who can we turn to for help on that pitch? It'll be the same guys turning out against Ludogorets and then whoever next weekend.

For the first time in decades I see no hope. Literally. Where's it coming from? Sunderland bound Borini? 31 year old worst right back ever Johnson (who was moved to left back because the Gaffer knew Bolaise would tear him a new arsehole and preferred a 19 year old kid at right back instead)? Position-less, cowardly Lovren? Aging 34 year old Gerrard? A confidence shattered Sterling? A keeper who can't kick the F***ing ball straight? How about a 32 year old no paced Lambert, or a half fit Can? Or a Coutinho who blows hot and cold or a Joe Allen? Joe Allen!? Only last week we were ready to throw him to the dogs. What about a 19 year old Manquillo whose head must be spinning right now?

I'm not knee jerking; it's five and a half hours after the final whistle and I am genuinely worried for our Premier league status. Things are that bad and we are starting to look like a well beaten outfit. This is not a one off, this is an ingrained mentality that's bereft of the courage and will to F***ing grind out results in a rain soaked Crystal Palace; who were second from bottom. Teams can smell our fear and that's why they all think they can beat us. We are prey right now

I have never, ever, in all my life seen a team so low on confidence.

I think we are fu**ed unless we start taking a long hard look at ourselves and start being sincere with one another. A few home truths need to be aired and every single one of our players need to start getting nasty, or we'll be playing Championship football next season. And not the European type.

Sort it out Gaffer because the clock is ticking.
      « Last Edit: Nov 23, 2014 09:17:07 pm by Rush »
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #579: Nov 23, 2014 09:01:58 pm
      How I'd have loved him out there today. And last season, we'd have won the league even if he was just in the squad.

He's not a know it all and doesn't claim to be he just pointed out harsh truths.

There are no leaders and there is no communication out there. It's a mess. An amateur level mess at times.

Put Carra on the training staff and people would soon buck their ideas up.

I'm upset today, he'd be great to have out there shouting and with some Liverpool fuel and passion and his last ditch tackles great!
      and I would rather he spoke truthfully than have him say what's right by us/Liverpool.
       I love what he did for us.
       He's overdoing the political stance just like Neville does with united. Like they are journalists and have to be unbiased, I get what he has to do with his job now.
      Jamie Carragher was a committed and passionate player and he was dependable it doesn't mean he was without fault because he had many. One of them was actually passing the ball.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,352 posts | 1631 
      Reply #580: Nov 23, 2014 09:02:27 pm
      that's it he has misfiled his book with his plan in it.Now he must be a man without a plan
      Ha thats what I thought mate he definitely lost something  , we better pray he finds this file quickly.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #581: Nov 23, 2014 09:04:24 pm

it's the whole misfiled

lmao sorry Spelling man, it happens, I've had a few imbibements. I'll edit it.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #582: Nov 23, 2014 09:05:11 pm
      Ha thats what I thought mate he definitely lost something  , we better pray he finds this file quickly.

the Death by football file has been renamed Death of football
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #583: Nov 23, 2014 09:09:36 pm
      the Death by football file has been renamed Death of football

This is getting very 'Hodgsonesque'. It's quite scary!

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #584: Nov 23, 2014 09:10:08 pm
      Post match fury? Get on Aldo's Twitter battle with this blue.

https://twitter.com/alex_jonesy94/status/536602164156973058
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #585: Nov 23, 2014 09:14:05 pm
      I'm actually staring to get worried that we'll be fighting it out at the bottom of the league.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,352 posts | 1631 
      Reply #586: Nov 23, 2014 09:14:21 pm
      lmao sorry Spelling man, it happens, I've had a few imbibements. I'll edit it.
      No worries got to try and  put a bit of humour in I bet there's a fair few of us who feel betrsyed tonight  the players need a fckin long look in the mirror and try and remember what the shirt on their back is worth .
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #587: Nov 23, 2014 09:15:00 pm

Don't understand twitter, never have done.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #588: Nov 23, 2014 09:15:33 pm
      I've reached the point where I'm just numb, I simply can't believe that a manager can be so fecking useless, surely he's now looking for the sack and a tasty settlement.

Jesus F***ing christ. Give yourself a belt.

LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #589: Nov 23, 2014 09:20:01 pm
      If we think FSG are going to splash more cash in January, and add more to the wage bill above and beyond Markovic, Lallana, Lambert, Balotelli, Can, Lovren, Moreno, Manquillo, then we are wrong.

For the first time in decades I see no hope. Literally. 

Teams can smell our fear and that's why they all think they can beat us. We are prey right now

I have never, ever, in all my life seen a team so low on confidence.

I think we are fu**ed unless we start taking a long hard look at ourselves and start being sincere with one another. A few home truths need to be aired and every single one of our players need to start getting nasty, or we'll be playing Championship football next season. And not the European type.

Sort it out Gaffer because the clock is ticking.

Every bit of the above.... Nail on Head. Bang on money. Laminate and send to BR. Tattoo it on the players foreheads for we are fu**ed if they dont realise it soon.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #590: Nov 23, 2014 09:20:42 pm
      I dont want him sacked with a tasty settlement. Oh no.
      Not at all.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #591: Nov 23, 2014 09:22:50 pm
      No worries got to try and  put a bit of humour in I bet there's a fair few of us who feel betrsyed tonight  the players need a fckin long look in the mirror and try and remember what the shirt on their back is worth .

I'm resigned to the fact that we just aren't what we thought we were (not enough quality in the team), I have to brush every bad result off this season (with good spirits) because I see the pattern. I refuse to be sad all week or more because of what I'm seeing Liverpool play like, it's not good for anyone, be upset even cry at times if anyone wants to but we aren't in control. It's out of our hands.
      I think that the whole organization needs overhauling at some point. Owners, coaching, players.
      I may be overreacting but somehow I think that's the truth.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #592: Nov 23, 2014 09:23:14 pm
      football we are playing very depressing to watch
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #593: Nov 23, 2014 09:33:09 pm
      Bang on mate. Once these people realise that the buck stops with Rodgers then maybe there will be acceptance.

I can't believe the amount of posters on here who think Rodgers is to be totally absolved of any blame here.

F**k me! They're even blaming Carragher now!

I know mate, madness. Carra is a fan. Said exactly what most of us have been thinking:

This is more than just a poor start, there’s something wrong. Mentally weak, no leadership on the pitch, and as a Liverpool fan, the worst thing you can ever see is them being bullied, and being weak, and that’s what we’ve seen today, and not for the first time. It’s been happening all season. Liverpool aren’t being beat by quality, they’re being bullied, they’re being beaten by enthusiasm. After the goal Liverpool offered no enthusiasm, no threat. They’re mentally and physically weak. There’s no leadership there. It was the same last year. I’m very worried as a Liverpool fan. Talk about players taking time to settle in, but you’re looking at them and thinking, they need four or five players.

If you look in the team, there’s no men in the team. There’s not enough people organising in there. Sometimes you’ve got to grind results out. There’s no confidence there so you’ve got to grind through. A game like that’s a perfect illustration. You dig in, you nick a 2-1, or take a 1-1. Liverpool rarely if ever play badly and win. Great last year, playing well, winning games. But when they play badly they just get rolled over.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #594: Nov 23, 2014 09:38:10 pm
      I know mate, madness. Carra is a fan. Said exactly what most of us have been thinking:

This is more than just a poor start, there’s something wrong. Mentally weak, no leadership on the pitch, and as a Liverpool fan, the worst thing you can ever see is them being bullied, and being weak, and that’s what we’ve seen today, and not for the first time. It’s been happening all season. Liverpool aren’t being beat by quality, they’re being bullied, they’re being beaten by enthusiasm. After the goal Liverpool offered no enthusiasm, no threat. They’re mentally and physically weak. There’s no leadership there. It was the same last year. I’m very worried as a Liverpool fan. Talk about players taking time to settle in, but you’re looking at them and thinking, they need four or five players.

If you look in the team, there’s no men in the team. There’s not enough people organising in there. Sometimes you’ve got to grind results out. There’s no confidence there so you’ve got to grind through. A game like that’s a perfect illustration. You dig in, you nick a 2-1, or take a 1-1. Liverpool rarely if ever play badly and win. Great last year, playing well, winning games. But when they play badly they just get rolled over.

spot on wouldn't change a word
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #595: Nov 23, 2014 09:45:25 pm
      Don't mean to boast at this moment of crisis, but said it about a month ago, if BR stubbornly persists with his mind boggling tactics we're gonna be nearer to the drop zone than the top comes January. Looks like we''re heading that direction. Say I'm knee jerking back then yes I am, but watching the club over the years and seeing how we play of late, many knowledgeable fans in this forum would say the same thing.

The most annoying thing about the whole game is I've never seen one player on the pitch trying to take on an opposition players, go past the opposition midfield, rampage into the box, harass defenders, creates openings and score goals, except Cou. This has sent  out a very negative message to the opposition that we're weaklings. Sort that out first BR and stop knocking the ball in our own half, that won't win you matches and 65% possession as some said means nothing, palace just taught BR a valuable lesson today, they need 35% to score 3 goals with direct football.

BR is simply a very stubborn man and I'm not sure whether he even knows what are the strengths and weaknesses of his players and how to best make use of their strengths. I;m not sure either whether he'e on the training pitch often enough to know that or relied fully on his trusted coaching staff.

Some said it's woy all over again, I won't argue with that and BR is in a big time crisis now. get rid of your coaching staff first and do the simple right things that many posters here have mentioned it time and again but I'm afraid time has already ran out as far as Boston is concern.  2 weeks of international break for him to figure out and he hasn't.

Looking at the players' and BR's body language I may be forgiven to think that he's already a gonna.

Perhaps the appointment of BR as a manager of LFC came too soon for him.

fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #596: Nov 23, 2014 09:58:43 pm
      Realistically we are headed for the relegation zone, I bet that's what our sponsorship hungry owners will be focusing on. So, no matter what; with the romantic, we don't turn on our own people notion. It's a crock of sh*t.
      Brenden will be axed without a qualm from these people using our club as a nike or addidas logo... a brand.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #597: Nov 23, 2014 10:29:59 pm
      Our issues are by and large down to having such a complete sack of sh*t back 6. You can't really pin this on Lambert starting. He at least played well and scored a good goal. How easily Palace countered, ran passed Stevie, ran circles around Skrtel and Lovren, ran direct at Johnson and Manquillo, and scored passed Mignolet was embarrassing. Embarrassing.

The midfield was a bit imbalanced in the sense that it was a tad attack heavy, but to the credit of Coutinho, Lallana and Allen, they played well. Especially Allen after bleeding an ECW wrestler. I'm losing patience with how frequently Brendan decides to play Gerrard in the DM role. It looks abysmal and might just be our weakest point.

Quick Reply