Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Besiktas v Liverpool - Post Match Discussion

Read 16463 times
      scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John

• 430 posts | -12 
      Re: Besiktas v Liverpool - Post Match Discussion
      Reply #184: Oct 25, 2007 03:09:07 pm
      JD, look at our bad passes ;D....not good at all!!!!
      Also, that proves that we're not a very effcient side....26 shots on goal and only 6 on target, and 0 in the back of the net....we have a lot of work to do!!!! i wouldnt say we were unlucky....if we hit the crossbar and post 6 times, had a few goals disallowed, keeper pulled off some miraculous saves- that is unlucky....saying at the end of the game "it was one of those where the ball just wouldnt go in.."- that is unlucky
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #185: Oct 25, 2007 03:09:13 pm
      JD what site is this from...?
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #186: Oct 25, 2007 03:18:11 pm
      Was that the noisest home support ever - or was my telly sound/speakers particularly sensitive last night...

It was like noise-torture for a non-turk-speaker...

Even bluenose Gray said "this lot make more noise than Pompey".

Just hope Anfield emulates the Besiktas faithfull and give us a noise-level to be proud of on Sunday...

EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #187: Oct 25, 2007 03:20:09 pm
      JD, look at our bad passes ;D....not good at all!!!!
      Also, that proves that we're not a very effcient side....26 shots on goal and only 6 on target, and 0 in the back of the net....we have a lot of work to do!!!!

When you take into account the number of successful passes it works out to roughly 85% pass completion, which isn't too bad. Definitely agree that the shots on goal/on target ratio needs to improve dramatically, but there was one in the back of the net, not none.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #188: Oct 25, 2007 03:20:34 pm

Eurosport
      scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #189: Oct 25, 2007 03:24:35 pm
      When you take into account the number of successful passes it works out to roughly 85% pass completion, which isn't too bad. Definitely agree that the shots on goal/on target ratio needs to improve dramatically, but there was one in the back of the net, not none.
      I never knew a head was counted as a "shot" ??? :f_doh:
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #190: Oct 25, 2007 03:26:00 pm
      Here our some of our players stats - I've highlighted a couple of things.

Riise's number of bad passes was woeful.

And considering I read someone slate Steve Finnan he was extremely efficient in his distribution.

Finally Mascherano.  For me - this guy is one of our real stars and should be playing week in week out.  If another midfielder needs to come in, such as Alonso then I am convinced that Gerrard should be pushed out wide.
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #191: Oct 25, 2007 03:26:48 pm

Oh my good god.  I give up.
      scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #192: Oct 25, 2007 03:28:48 pm

Settle down mate, seriously....u know what i mean....the point is, scoring one goal out of 26 attempts is poor...
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #193: Oct 25, 2007 03:30:27 pm
      Finally Mascherano.  For me - this guy is one of our real stars and should be playing week in week out.  If another midfielder needs to come in, such as Alonso then I am convinced that Gerrard should be pushed out wide.

Mascherano went AWOL in the first half - maybe made his stats look good though...

Don't get me wrong Masch is a world class player - but last night was not his best game in a LFC shirt. If he fit and fresh by Sunday (which I frankly doubt on the basis of how tired his, usually tigerish, running was last night) - he would do a great job on Hleb AND Cesc.
      Reepicheep
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,092 posts | 40 
      Reply #194: Oct 25, 2007 03:34:25 pm

;D, what would it be called then? Shots: 22 Shots on target: 12
                                                      Heads: 6 Heads On Target: 3

:)
      scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #195: Oct 25, 2007 03:38:50 pm
      ;D, what would it be called then? Shots: 22 Shots on target: 12
                                                      Heads: 6 Heads On Target: 3

:)

A shot is a shot....an attempt at goals covers everything....im used to seeing goal attempts here in australia....but i knew what it mean, i was jst being picky :D
      kartalmehmet
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #196: Oct 25, 2007 03:54:18 pm
      Hello my dear REDS,
      I am a CARSI member (BESIKTAS-SUPPORTER)! Your history is our motivation(You will never walk alone). YOU ARE THE REDS, your place in the football history and future can not be deleted! In case of choreography, i think, we are one of the best in the world.
      Do not panic, we, that means BESIKTAS, will take some more points. We will take some points in our marseille and porto matches, for sure. We lost in marseille, 'couse we did not play well. We lost against porto in Istanbul in a very unlucky way. Even each of our defenders could made a goal, but our forwards. We get the losing goal in the 92nd minute. Yetsterday we were not the better team, but we could score more than 2 goals too! What a pitty that not more REDS went to INÖNÜ. It could be a greater athmosphere with both groups screaming and shouting. We have a LIVERPOOL scarf in our BESIKTAS CARSI fanclub here in Frankfurt-Germany.
      Me would like to go to Liverpool for the rematch, every football fan should be once in his life at the anfield road, but your politicians want me to get visa for more than 60pounds and want me to give finger prints. It takes one day to go to a konsulate an so on. Sorry, to much for me.
      We will still be Liverpool fans in the premier league in future!

Cheers, Mehmet
      kartalmehmet
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #197: Oct 25, 2007 04:09:10 pm
      You have to LIVE that sound in the stadium. Do not mess with TV. This support is once in the world! Do not disrespect that croud! We are the best. Joking about sound/spekers? Thats funny! Or is that something others could never reach?

Was that the noisest home support ever - or was my telly sound/speakers particularly sensitive last night...

Just hope Anfield emulates the Besiktas faithfull and give us a noise-level to be proud of on Sunday...

[/quote]
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #198: Oct 25, 2007 04:21:27 pm
      You have to LIVE that sound in the stadium. Do not mess with TV. This support is once in the world! Do not disrespect that croud! We are the best. Joking about sound/spekers? Thats funny! Or is that something others could never reach?

Hello my dear REDS,
      I am a CARSI member (BESIKTAS-SUPPORTER)! Your history is our motivation(You will never walk alone). YOU ARE THE REDS, your place in the football history and future can not be deleted! In case of choreography, I think, we are one of the best in the world.
      Do not panic, we, that means BESIKTAS, will take some more points. We will take some points in our marseille and porto matches, for sure. We lost in marseille, 'couse we did not play well. We lost against porto in Istanbul in a very unlucky way. Even each of our defenders could made a goal, but our forwards. We get the losing goal in the 92nd minute. Yetsterday we were not the better team, but we could score more than 2 goals too! What a pitty that not more REDS went to INÖNÜ. It could be a greater athmosphere with both groups screaming and shouting. We have a LIVERPOOL scarf in our BESIKTAS CARSI fanclub here in Frankfurt-Germany.
      Me would like to go to Liverpool for the rematch, every football fan should be once in his life at the anfield road, but your politicians want me to get visa for more than 60pounds and want me to give finger prints. It takes one day to go to a konsulate an so on. Sorry, to much for me.
      We will still be Liverpool fans in the premier league in future!

Cheers, Mehmet

Mehmet, credit where credit is due - your support was awesome last night.

I have seen your stadium having stayed at the Swiss hotel just by the Stadium many times in the past (and even bumped into John Toshak -who lived in an apartment in the Swiss hotel complex - while he managed Besiktas a few years ago)... and the stadium frankly looks old and in need of serious re-development - and still looks that way...

But last night - seeing and more importantly hearing it full for the first time (be in on the TV) - just shows me the passion you guys have for the game and your club. Well done... but don't count your chickens just yet about us not progressing in the CL...

Hopefully you will hear our version of noise when you visit us - European nights can also be very special down Anfield Road L4 way...
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #199: Oct 25, 2007 04:25:27 pm
      Good atmosphere last night - good set of fans. 

Probably best for us if you lot stay in Turkey for the Anfield  leg.  We're going to have a hard enough job as it is without you lot singing all game.
      kartalmehmet
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #200: Oct 25, 2007 04:46:27 pm
      Hi there again,
      You are still favorited, STILL. I am not joking! Your point right now is not easy, but as long there are 9 points to get. If Mar-Por will draw again, even Besiktas could join next round, with beening a LITTLE lucky like last night. We have been more unlucky against porto, than you have been yesterday!!! I am optimisticly, that even Besiktas could join next round. But, we have to organize better and more sucessfully our atacks and counter atacks. Our turkish football or turkish players are not that professionals in their brains. Yesterday Besiktas looked stresless under REDS pressure! We get many many goals in last minutes. Yesterday I feld very nervous. Any moment our "PROFs"could make amateurs mistake. At the end I was "proud" about MY team. LIVERPOOL is LIVERPOOL, one of worlds biggest!!!
      Another Thing: take care in Marseille!!! Police over there is NOT friendly, atleast against us turks. After the match we were changing scarfs and t-shirts and so on, police pushed us very offensifly while we were trying to make some pictures together.

They are provoting!!!
      CHEERS
      « Last Edit: Oct 25, 2007 04:49:32 pm by kartalmehmet »
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #201: Oct 25, 2007 06:34:30 pm
      Yeah, that support was crazy. Was a little dissappointed we were apparantly allocated 14k seats but only around 400 fans were there... Something went wrong in organisation there.

Loved the Besiktas fans chants, especially the one where they were all waving their hands about like they were bowing down to someone. It looked crazy on the TV screen, can't imagine what it would have been like to see the whole stadium just doing that. Impressive stuff....
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #202: Oct 25, 2007 06:38:17 pm
      Was a little dissappointed we were apparantly allocated 14k seats but only around 400 fans were there... Something went wrong in organisation there.

It was 1,400 seats, not 14,000. The reason it was so empty was because a lot of people bought a ticket with no intention of going, purely so they had the purchase registered on their fancard in case of another final & another ballot.
      SPARKYMK
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #203: Oct 25, 2007 09:59:01 pm
      Lets not beat around the bush here. What is going on. I blame the media, pundits and most of LFC supporters. I blame Rafa because totally out of character he seems to have given in to the histeria and hype from all the above about Stevie G being in CM. We are playing poor football because we are not knitting things together in midfield. Midfield is where games are won and lost. I can use many games as examples but sticking to last night was case and point. Gerrard gets an inspirational goal and had 2 or 3 great breaks in to the box, this is his game. I cant remember 1 game this season or ever when LFC knit things together in MF when Gerrard is 1 of 2 in CM. I challenge any of you to give me an example of this. Alonso is a big miss but quite simply we need Gerrard out of CM and allow others to knit MF and the whole team together. Ideally if fit we would have Alonso and Masch in CM with a left sided and right sided player, or even play a 4-2-3-1 system with Gerrard 1 of 3 behind a striker. Everything last night was hurried, with no control, yes we dominated territory and possesion but only because they let us but because we were too hurried, Gerrard trying killer passes 90% of the time it was hopeless. Does anyone think we played well last night?? I think Rafa is great and has been great, but really the team is playing worse football now then in the last 3 seasons adn Rafa needs to sort it out. I think the solution is what Rafa really believes and that is that Gerrard cannot play as 1 of 2 in CM. We need Rafa to go back to his belief against Arsenal on Sunday(Do you remeber last seasons embarassment at the emirates with Gerrard in CM, 3-0  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      curse
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 117 posts | -1 
      • Torres = GOALS!!
      Reply #204: Oct 25, 2007 11:05:11 pm
      WELL SAID THAT SCOUSE agree with u in every aspect there but is the teams effort. one man doesn't make a team sorry to sound cliche but it's true
      SPARKYMK
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #205: Oct 26, 2007 12:16:06 am
      You are right curse, but where that one man plays can mean we play as a team Versus playing as 11 individuals when he is in CM....
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #206: Oct 26, 2007 06:02:17 pm
      It was 1,400 seats, not 14,000. The reason it was so empty was because a lot of people bought a ticket with no intention of going, purely so they had the purchase registered on their fancard in case of another final & another ballot.

And also the fact that the reds had been warned about the stadium with it's cages and the like.

Besides.  We've already seen Istanbul.

Quick Reply