Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. MOTM?

Simon Mignolet
      10 (12.8%)
      Kolo Toure
      0 (0%)
      Javi Manquillo
      1 (1.3%)
      Glen Johnson
      1 (1.3%)
      Martin Skrtel
      1 (1.3%)
      Lucas Leiva
      24 (30.8%)
      Joe Allen
      2 (2.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      8 (10.3%)
      Raheem Sterling
      13 (16.7%)
      Steven Gerrard
      1 (1.3%)
      Rickie Lambert
      16 (20.5%)
      Alberto Moreno
      1 (1.3%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Voting closed: Nov 29, 2014 10:07:53 pm

Ludogorets Razgrad 2-2 Liverpool: In Game and Post Match Dirty Sheet

Read 32319 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Re: Ludogorets Razgrad 2-2 Liverpool: In Game and Post Match Dirty Sheet
      Reply #644: Nov 26, 2014 10:48:53 pm
      Thought Lucas was fantastic tonight I hate to think what would have happened with Gerrard in that role.

Tune in Saturday to find out when Gerrard is put back there for another 90 minutes.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #645: Nov 26, 2014 10:48:55 pm
      Also I know we are not happy right now, but whoever made the poll should have a rethink. Mignolet is still our player and Mignoshite is not something which we should be lowering ourselves to.

Agreed.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #646: Nov 26, 2014 10:49:38 pm
      Tune in Saturday to find out when Gerrard is put back there for another 90 minutes.

I'll be fuming if Lucas is back on the bench.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #647: Nov 26, 2014 10:50:26 pm
      Bit disrespectful whoever put the poll up. We get it, you don't like Mignolet, and he's been poor lately but he's a Liverpool player for fucks sake. Pull your head in and grow up

Fair shout. I put it up. Head pulled in and up grown.

Although the 4 people who voted for him may also want to do the same.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #648: Nov 26, 2014 10:50:54 pm

I hope not mate, in fact looking at the state of Gerrard I would be worried if he starts.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #649: Nov 26, 2014 10:51:24 pm
      Mom for me was Sterling. I also thought Manquillo did well against another flying machine. Allen did well too, along with Lambert.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #650: Nov 26, 2014 10:58:23 pm
      I actually thought Sterling apart from his cross was poor, couldn't get past his man, constantly lost the ball, poor passing and missed a sitter that my 10 year old girl would have put away.

But if you get marks for effort then he's all huff and puff at the moment no doubt. Another example of poor substitution from BR why was our £20M future star not on the bench!
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #651: Nov 26, 2014 11:03:22 pm
      That's because he doesn't love and care for the club

it's gone past love and care to scarred and angry..
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #652: Nov 26, 2014 11:13:10 pm
      Says a lot when the best player in our back 5 is a 20 year old loanee.

Basically it says we've spent a lot on sh*te.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #653: Nov 26, 2014 11:16:52 pm
      Says a lot when the best player in our back 5 is a 20 year old loanee.

Basically it says we've spent a lot on sh*te.

No it says Rodgers still can't set up a team that can attack and defend at the same time.

Piss poor coaching and management really.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #654: Nov 26, 2014 11:20:22 pm
      Anyhow, given how we've been playing I'd have taken a draw all day long before the game. If you'd told me we'd gift them a goal in the first couple of minutes but still get the draw I'd have been well satisfied. I am satisfied, so I'm off to bed.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #655: Nov 26, 2014 11:34:20 pm
      a draw makes no difference to a win

A win would have guaranteed we were in European competition come February.

Come February looking forward to a Europa League knockout against Everton might be all we've got left so yeah - a win (especially when we were winning the game) was important.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,181 posts | 1631 
      Reply #656: Nov 26, 2014 11:39:30 pm
      Pathetic performance again.

Sick of this sh*te and seeing the same mistakes occur over and over again, with Brendan seemingly blinded to the problems in the team.

'Terrific character', 'outstanding'. F***ing Hodgsonesque his interviews are becoming.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #657: Nov 26, 2014 11:42:54 pm
      For what it's worth, I think we've looked better (marginally?) with Lambert starting than with Balotelli. And just because he's gotten a goal in each of the passed two games. Lambert, although slow, actually f**king moves and wins stuff in the air. We're still crying out desperately for Sturridge though.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #658: Nov 26, 2014 11:46:05 pm
      Was unable to watch the game unfortunately. How was it?

Result makes little difference. We still have to beat Basel regardless of whether we won or drew tonight. I know, performance is important too...

Let's hope Sturridge is fit for that last remaining group game
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #659: Nov 26, 2014 11:47:04 pm
      At least we didn't lose 5 games straight and are through if we beat Basle, which will be 50/50.

We should have won the game but a lack of confidence and some bad misses cost us. I thought the Bulgarians were piss poor for Champions League level but we hadn't the confidence to beat them.

Stoke is going to be a lot harder and I fear Hughes will just put men behind the ball and we'll struggle to score.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #660: Nov 26, 2014 11:50:46 pm
      Feel sorry for Mignolet really do.

We have to ask questions how responsible John Achterberg the goalkeeping coach is - since he came in, Reina went down the shi**er, and Mignolet's promise and confidence from Sunderland has been wrecked. Worrying drop of performance since Achterberg came in - perhaps time for the coach to look at himself.

Mind you the defence has to be called upon, Reina went crap when Carra went absent due to injury, and Mignolet has yet to see any decent defender in front of him.

No wonder our goalies are shitting themselves left, right and centre - I can barely sleep with this defence. Start off by getting rid of that walking disaster Skrtel for a start.

Encouraging that Lambert is getting on the scoresheet and - heavens above - actually busting a gut unlike the lazy twerp Balotelli - who will only work hard at some sections. Balotelli would never have persisted to get that goal like Lambert did.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #661: Nov 26, 2014 11:53:28 pm
      Pathetic performance again.

Sick of this sh*te and seeing the same mistakes occur over and over again, with Brendan seemingly blinded to the problems in the team.

'Terrific character', 'outstanding'. F***ing Hodgsonesque his interviews are becoming.

Don't you worry you'll be met by his excuse squad that are singing the same song time and again.

I agree with you:

Wrong team choice.
      Wrong substitutions.
      Wrong attitude in players.
      Statistically the worst team and lucky to still be in the competition.

It was one of the worst matches I've ever had the misfortune to watch. They couldn't pass or shoot and yet they still managed 2 goals against us and looked the more threatening for 80% of the match.

Look at the team we had out:

Mignolet - A player everyone now concedes isn't up to the task and continually fails.
      Toure - A player that could easily have left to Galatasaray.
      Skrtel - A mess, playing with no confidence and the only reason he's still in the side is because we have nobody to replace him.
      Johnson - A player on his way in the summer and playing awfully for 2 years +
      Manquillo - On loan.
      Lucas - A player that is on his way in January.
      Henderson - A player Brendan thought of getting rid but is now vice captain.
      Allen - The Welsh Xavi, his story is famous enough.
      Gerrard - Brendan's masterstroke from last season now having to be shifted around the team to accommodate him.
      Sterling - After tired gate a player that has been completely out of sorts and needs protecting at this time.
      Lambert - A player who was bought and told as a sub to come on late is now starting for us up front.

The above is to demonstrate nothing more than what a complete mess we're in.
      RedWilly

• 9,181 posts | 1631 
      Reply #662: Nov 27, 2014 12:06:16 am
      Don't you worry you'll be met by his excuse squad that are singing the same song time and again.

I agree with you:

Wrong team choice.
      Wrong substitutions.
      Wrong attitude in players.
      Statistically the worst team and lucky to still be in the competition.

It was one of the worst matches I've ever had the misfortune to watch. They couldn't pass or shoot and yet they still managed 2 goals against us and looked the more threatening for 80% of the match.

Look at the team we had out:

Mignolet - A player everyone now concedes isn't up to the task and continually fails.
      Toure - A player that could easily have left to Galatasaray.
      Skrtel - A mess, playing with no confidence and the only reason he's still in the side is because we have nobody to replace him.
      Johnson - A player on his way in the summer and playing awfully for 2 years +
      Manquillo - On loan.
      Lucas - A player that is on his way in January.
      Henderson - A player Brendan thought of getting rid but is now vice captain.
      Allen - The Welsh Xavi, his story is famous enough.
      Gerrard - Brendan's masterstroke from last season now having to be shifted around the team to accommodate him.
      Sterling - After tired gate a player that has been completely out of sorts and needs protecting at this time.
      Lambert - A player who was bought and told as a sub to come on late is now starting for us up front.

The above is to demonstrate nothing more than what a complete mess we're in.

It's unbelievable isn't it mate? Reading some praising the fact we didn't lose....we were playing Ludogorets for Christ sake! Could our expectations sink any lower?

Our defence is continually exposed in this system we play, our keeper and defenders (who aren't as bad individually as some make out I maintain) whose confidence must be shot, yet we don't offer them any protection and expect things to change, it's madness.

Have to say, if we do get through, things could get really embarrassing if this keeps up, but as long as Brendan repeats his nonsense enough, I'm sure some will start to believe it.
      Bubonic
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 634 posts | 25 
      Reply #663: Nov 27, 2014 12:15:54 am
      Can't believe some of the attacks on Brendan and the players here.

I understand the frustration, we all have that feeling. But you have to at least want them to succeed. Thats the whole
      "through a storm bit".

Brendan was manager of the year and lots of these players where in last years team. They deserve support while
      they are here.

In no way do I think Brendan is a "moron" as he has been called. he has made mistakes for sure, but he knows far
      more about football than any of us ever will. He is also part of a system at the club that has to take some of the
      blame.

Confidence is a fragile thing and god knows we have none now, but you build it back up brick by brick. After 4 straight
      defeats tonight we took our champions league group to a last home game. Is it ideal? absolutely not, but it is
      something we can build on.

Of course there are worrying signs and questions about our coaching should be asked. I can't understand how we still can't
      defend a set piece. But If it doesn't work out then so be it and some have to move on, but for me that will always be with regret.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #664: Nov 27, 2014 12:20:57 am
      Can't believe some of the attacks on Brendan and the players here.

Really?

Agree or disagree I still think people have the right to criticise both the manager and the players  performance after the start to the season we have had.

Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #665: Nov 27, 2014 12:25:24 am
      If they all get out of this unscathed, then they will be better men for it.

This is the same team that caught the imagination last year - no ifs and buts that it was all Suarez, because everyone's movement and confidence was oozing through this team last year, not just Suarez.

Brendan has made big mistakes this year but the ability he has has not been completely wiped out. I'd like to see some of the utter tools on here who'd see Kenny re-instated in place of Brendan actually think rationally for once and see that although we're in a shitstorm, it's only a storm.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #666: Nov 27, 2014 12:47:23 am
      Hi folks Bulgarian mate here. I really want to congrats you for the tough fight an the point despite of lack of real players.
      Defense  saved your asses. But praise the BG team  too for an outstanding game. Not too much asking i hope. Wish  you best luck against Basel - you`ll need it.
      P.S.
       Kinda hard to register here ;D!

Hello mate, thanks for the positive thoughts, you were a lot less critical of us than we were. However, we always appreciate opposition fans being respectful. Given your team cost about 5% of ours, I thought your boys did you guys proud and really showed us up in terms of belief and hard work. Well done mate.

We on the other hand, were sh*t in most parts. The team dos need our support more than ever though, the confidence throughout the team looks shot. The body language looks terrible all over the pitch. I'll reserve the right to criticise them,especially the manager, as a fan...but I'll get right behind them for the next match as usual.

Quick Reply