Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Goalkeepers!!!

Read 20007 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Goalkeepers!!!
      Reply #92: Jan 15, 2015 03:45:17 pm
      Liking what I read about Mathew Ryan. Hope it goes through then!
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #93: Jan 15, 2015 04:06:23 pm
      I know he's a lot better than the others but I swear to god we get linked to every Aussie goalkeeper that has a half decent game.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #94: Jan 15, 2015 06:19:42 pm
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #95: Jan 15, 2015 09:58:34 pm
      If he is decent, were bound to drag our feet and someone else will nip in and sign him.
      Well end up with a cheaper version with plenty of potential no doubt
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #96: Jan 17, 2015 10:52:13 am
      Just pulled off a miracle left handed save one on one. Done himself no harm tonight.

Edit: and his distribution is first class.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #97: Jan 17, 2015 01:30:13 pm
      Just pulled off a miracle left handed save one on one. Done himself no harm tonight.

Edit: and his distribution is first class.

Distribution is excellent I think, was a bit slow coming off his line and almost got caught out for it in the first half but he's got potential that's for sure.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #98: Jan 17, 2015 01:58:44 pm
      He's 5'11 can't see him dominating on crosses plus it's great looking good for the tio club in Belgium different altogether to come to the prem league. There's far better options we need to look at
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #99: Jan 17, 2015 02:09:05 pm
      He's 5'11 can't see him dominating on crosses plus it's great looking good for the tio club in Belgium different altogether to come to the prem league. There's far better options we need to look at

You've watched him how often, Brian?

Courtois came from where?

Hard to take posts like this seriously when you've probably watched him < 2 times.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      Reply #100: Jan 17, 2015 02:17:31 pm
      You've watched him how often, Brian?

Courtois came from where?

Hard to take posts like this seriously when you've probably watched him < 2 times.

Your taking it personally because he's from your country, to compare him to courtois is madness he's proved himself in the best league in the world and is the best keeper I've seen since Rinat dasaeev on crosses. Decent keeper but he's no better then MIgnolet
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #101: Jan 17, 2015 02:36:56 pm

I can't agree with your conclusion. The league is certainly weaker, so I watched a few games. Its a small sample size so I may be wrong, but the shots he was stopping were good shots everywhere in the world. He was also offered less defensive cover by weaker defenders yet still managed to stand out. My favourite part of his game was not his shot stopping (though that was great), but he seems to have that streak of eccentricity - pigheadedly charging in and grabbing balls that he should should have no right to take, a touch of the sweeper. He commands his box very well. Definitely one to have on the radar.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      Reply #102: Jan 17, 2015 02:39:58 pm
      I can't agree with your conclusion. The league is certainly weaker, so I watched a few games. Its a small sample size so I may be wrong, but the shots he was stopping were good shots everywhere in the world. He was also offered less defensive cover by weaker defenders yet still managed to stand out. My favourite part of his game was not his shot stopping (though that was great), but he seems to have that streak of eccentricity - pigheadedly charging in and grabbing balls that he should should have no right to take, a touch of the sweeper. He commands his box very well. Definitely one to have on the radar.

Or current keeper is a good shot stopper we need an experienced keeper now to come in one who can save and command his area and distribute the ball. It's not the time for a 22 year old to come in and be expected to be the answer
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #103: Jan 17, 2015 03:53:30 pm
      Your taking it personally because he's from your country, to compare him to courtois is madness he's proved himself in the best league in the world and is the best keeper I've seen since Rinat dasaeev on crosses. Decent keeper but he's no better then MIgnolet

Haha you havent seen me post about the Aussies then. Dont think ive ever given them credit, from Kewell, to Lucas Neill, to Cahill.

Terrific shot stopper with outstanding distribution.

Stop talking out if your arse, Brian, if you havent seen him play.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      Reply #104: Jan 17, 2015 04:19:41 pm
      Haha you havent seen me post about the Aussies then. Dont think ive ever given them credit, from Kewell, to Lucas Neill, to Cahill.

Terrific shot stopper with outstanding distribution.

Stop talking out if your arse, Brian, if you havent seen him play.

But I have seen him play, who could ever forget that 25 yarder that done him in the World Cup

He's a good keeper no better then what we have though and that's the issue I have. We don't need another "potentially brilliant" keeper we need a proven world class keeper
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #105: Jan 17, 2015 04:54:31 pm
      Yeah lets judge all players on one World Cup. Thats worked out well over the years...

Gerrard was utter crap in it. Guess we are lucky he is leaving too.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #106: Jan 17, 2015 06:32:35 pm
      Or current keeper is a good shot stopper we need an experienced keeper now to come in one who can save and command his area and distribute the ball. It's not the time for a 22 year old to come in and be expected to be the answer

Well, fortunately, as I said (and I'm sure you read from my post), he does command his area well, and his distribution stats are great.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,480 posts | 231 
      Reply #107: Jan 17, 2015 09:44:32 pm
      Yeah lets judge all players on one World Cup. Thats worked out well over the years...

Gerrard was utter crap in it. Guess we are lucky he is leaving too.

Well as useful as believing Diao and Diouf were signed on their world cup performanes. Where in fact they were both linked before and I  Diao even signed a pre-contract before the first game. Not you personally, but lots of people don't remember that  ;D

Quick Reply