Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. MOTM?

Simon Mignolet
      2 (2%)
      Kolo Toure
      17 (16.8%)
      Jose Enrique
      0 (0%)
      Glen Johnson
      20 (19.8%)
      Martin Skrtel
      1 (1%)
      Lucas Leiva
      23 (22.8%)
      Joe Allen
      5 (5%)
      Jordan Henderson
      4 (4%)
      Phillip Coutinho
      6 (5.9%)
      Raheem Sterling
      14 (13.9%)
      Rickie Lambert
      9 (8.9%)

Total Members Voted: 98

Voting closed: Dec 02, 2014 05:06:01 pm

Liverpool 1-0 Stoke City: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 31448 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Liverpool 1-0 Stoke City: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #414: Nov 29, 2014 07:19:17 pm
      Well done lads.
      One in the eye for Sparky Hughes.
      Another ex Manc.

QPR beat Leicester today .... so on that form we should also nab three points off them.

If the confidence,  however fragile , returns ... then that would be something .

Made up. . .   but one swallow doesn't make a summer.

Stoke had 53%  possession.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,601 posts | 2156 
      Reply #415: Nov 29, 2014 07:49:10 pm
      Don't bother with the first half mate. Seriously.

It's that or X Factor! How bad could it be!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #416: Nov 29, 2014 07:54:19 pm
      Missed the match but absolutely made up with the win.

Let's build from here.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #417: Nov 29, 2014 07:57:52 pm
      Went to see the Christmas lights getting turned on with the bin lids so really didn't have a clue what score it was untill i got in the car on the way home.!!!!!
      What a nice surprise when I flicked my phone on and saw the result.
      I really thought we'd balls this one up so well done boys and well done gaffer.
      Redangel

• 8,268 posts | 1001 
      Reply #418: Nov 29, 2014 08:06:29 pm
      It's that or X Factor! How bad could it be!

I hate the X Factor, my advice would be watch the X Factor!

DanMann

• 5,726 posts | 880 
      Reply #419: Nov 29, 2014 08:34:27 pm
      Love it when a hated player gets the winner. What will those "get rid of Johnson" fans say today?

Actually... haven't bothered to check. ;)

Just thought I'd give myself deserved praise. I missed the game today. First I've missed in a long time.. and we won. Yep... that was me.

Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #420: Nov 29, 2014 08:42:12 pm
      Feels like a stay of execution to be honest, performance didn't fill me with hope I'm sorry to say.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #421: Nov 29, 2014 08:42:33 pm
      I think the MOTM poll says it all really, a solid team performance with a varied selection for the MOTM, nice to see.

We're back I tells ya.

All we need now is the 'team' to start nabbing goals instead of everyone focusing on us not having a goalscorer be it Luis, Studge, Balo or whatever.
      Redangel

• 8,268 posts | 1001 
      Reply #422: Nov 29, 2014 08:56:19 pm
      Love it when a hated player gets the winner. What will those "get rid of Johnson" fans say today?

Actually... haven't bothered to check. ;)

Just thought I'd give myself deserved praise. I missed the game today. First I've missed in a long time.. and we won. Yep... that was me.

Well you know what you have to do, we all need to make sacrifices for the cause!

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #423: Nov 29, 2014 08:57:47 pm
      Still amazed that we can compete like we did in the second half after such an insipid first half performance.

No one really shone today but everyone contributed. Can't really blame Brendan for bringing a third CB on after the way we have thrown leads away this season.

What a save from Migs too, even though it did cost me a perfect in the prediction thread!

I went for Coutinho as m.o.t.m simply because he was the one showing quality throughout. Thought Sterling probably came closest to him for his second half performance.

The whole team should take confidence from this game, roll on Leicester. 
      DanMann

• 5,726 posts | 880 
      Reply #424: Nov 29, 2014 08:58:18 pm
      Well you know what you have to do, we all need to make sacrifices for the cause!

I know, I know. I'm considering it...  ;D
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #425: Nov 29, 2014 09:10:47 pm
      Feels like a stay of execution to be honest, performance didn't fill me with hope I'm sorry to say.

You should watch the match then cause we looked a lot better. How about celebrate the win as opposed to kicking the execution can down the road.

Some people would appear to prefer a loss so they can get rid of the manager.

Daft
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #426: Nov 29, 2014 09:23:47 pm

Go and have a beer mate enjoy the win.

LFCexiled
      Reply #427: Nov 29, 2014 10:03:32 pm
      You should watch the match then cause we looked a lot better. How about celebrate the win as opposed to kicking the execution can down the road.

Some people would appear to prefer a loss so they can get rid of the manager.

Daft

Exactly, if you watched that match and can't see the positives then you may as well chuck it. Defensively we were a huge notch up all over the pitch and given that's one of the most negative aspects of our play of late you can at least give them that to take to bed.

Personally I think we took a step up today, a big un.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #428: Nov 29, 2014 10:09:16 pm
      The second half was probably our best performance we've put in since the Tottenham game and even then Stoke should have scored with Bojan and Sterling made a great block off the line.

However, it was a key win, and we did play well in that second half. We need to play every half like that though. We actually pressed teams and it made an immediate difference. With the rut we are in, a win was absolutely vital and we cannot lose out on anymore ground to our top 4 rivals.

Kolo Toure and Lucas really did make a difference to our team, it was the most solid we've looked in weeks and it was the first clean sheet we've gotten for a while too.

I still have doubts about Lambert upfront, he made a few good flick-ons from the goal kick but when we're trying to play tight perfect passing, Lambert really lets us down when Lallana, Sterling or Coutinho were trying one touch passing. Or maybe we have been spoilt with Suarez.

I am thrilled to F**k we managed to get the win, however we're still far away from getting the performances we expect.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #429: Nov 29, 2014 10:21:21 pm
      Im honestly chuffed to bits.

Havent been this happy about a win in ages and really think we turned the cliche corner.

Was it poetry in motion? No. Was it a great performance. No. Was it a massive improvement. YES.

Almost everyone put in a great shift (just cant help myself, Enrique was muck).

Bring on Leicester.

Its amazing what 2 games on the bounce will do to our confidence.

It was like the crowd breathed life into the team in the second half. The 1st half was the opposite, the crowds noise when we were poor was detrimental.

Has anyone ever had a howler on the footie pitch and someone is given you jip over it? Its so much harder to get out of your funk when your getting it in the ear too..... Thats exactly what the crowd were doing 1st half - kinda rightly but would be better doing a chant everytime we are being poor as opposed to getting on the players backs. Easily said.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #430: Nov 29, 2014 10:28:06 pm
      The second half was probably our best performance we've put in since the Tottenham game and even then Stoke should have scored with Bojan and Sterling made a great block off the line.

However, it was a key win, and we did play well in that second half. We need to play every half like that though. We actually pressed teams and it made an immediate difference. With the rut we are in, a win was absolutely vital and we cannot lose out on anymore ground to our top 4 rivals.

Kolo Toure and Lucas really did make a difference to our team, it was the most solid we've looked in weeks and it was the first clean sheet we've gotten for a while too.

I still have doubts about Lambert upfront, he made a few good flick-ons from the goal kick but when we're trying to play tight perfect passing, Lambert really lets us down when Lallana, Sterling or Coutinho were trying one touch passing. Or maybe we have been spoilt with Suarez.

I am thrilled to f**k we managed to get the win, however we're still far away from getting the performances we expect.

Agree in most parts.

Thought Kolo was great today. Was also great to see migs come look for the ball. There was a chance were Kolo was being outpaced and Suddenly like a spiritual moment Migs rose from his wheelchair and left his line to clear a ball outside the box. Ha he was good today. One dodge corner where he missed the punch but did well all round and that save from Bojan volley was great.

I personally think, be done with Berahino links etc.... Bojan is someone we should snatch at xmas. His movement is great, looks like Silva and a bit of Owen all in one. Not as good as either but looks good.
      Redangel

• 8,268 posts | 1001 
      Reply #431: Nov 29, 2014 11:00:32 pm
      Watched the first half, which was forgettable, but just watched the rest on Match of the Day, and I've got to say, it was much better and Glen Johnson deserves all the plaudits, that was a very brave header and I for one am delighted for the team and for Glen.
      Gave him MOM, because that got us the 3 points.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,172 posts | 4907 
      Reply #432: Nov 29, 2014 11:06:07 pm
      Only just seen the highlights after being in work all day.

Delighted.

The boss made a few changes and we got the win and a clean sheet so I'm chuffed right now.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #433: Nov 29, 2014 11:14:55 pm
      football we are playing is dire to watch, ok we won but going foward lot promblems in these team,
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #434: Nov 29, 2014 11:26:27 pm
      A win, a clean sheet and Johnson scored. This must be some sort of dream surely?!
      Salavaria
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 381 posts | 41 
      Reply #435: Nov 29, 2014 11:30:04 pm
      Johnson MoM for me, purely on that moment of guts for glory. He's not had the greatest of seasons so far, but that was ballsy, putting your head in where the studs are flying. Hope this is our watershed moment.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,729 posts | 6714 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #436: Nov 29, 2014 11:33:03 pm
      Can't F***ing believe it, went out on the booze last night, thinking the game was tonight. Woke up and see we won..wooohhoooooooo....m aybe I'll miss every game for the rest of the season, if it means we get maximum points.

Come on you Reds...can't believe Johnson played and scored, what's this world coming too!

Quick Reply