Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. MOTM?

Simon Mignolet
      2 (2%)
      Kolo Toure
      17 (16.8%)
      Jose Enrique
      0 (0%)
      Glen Johnson
      20 (19.8%)
      Martin Skrtel
      1 (1%)
      Lucas Leiva
      23 (22.8%)
      Joe Allen
      5 (5%)
      Jordan Henderson
      4 (4%)
      Phillip Coutinho
      6 (5.9%)
      Raheem Sterling
      14 (13.9%)
      Rickie Lambert
      9 (8.9%)

Total Members Voted: 98

Voting closed: Dec 02, 2014 05:06:01 pm

Liverpool 1-0 Stoke City: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 31479 times
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Re: Liverpool 1-0 Stoke City: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #483: Dec 01, 2014 11:02:10 am
      Well i have to say ... a win ... a clean sheet and a glen johnson goal ... it must be fuc*ing christmas :-) !!

A poor first half and much better 2nd half was how i saw it. They hit the post, missed an open goal, had one kicked off the line and migs made a top save in injury time so for once lady luck shined down on us.

Lucas gave good protection infront of the back 4 and toure was solid at the back. I'd still prefer a 4-2-3-1 formation with lucas and can protecting the back 4 however. Then a 3 of coutinho sterling and lallana behind lambert. That still leaves henderson gerrard allen and markovic as well as borini available if we need to change it.

Onwards to leicester city we go ... same effort as in the second half as well as commitment like glen johnsons for the goal on saturday and hopefully our extra ability with make it 2 on the spin.

Nowhere near what we want to see ... but a small and extreamly welcome step in the right direction.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Re: Liverpool 1-0 Stoke City: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #484: Dec 01, 2014 12:32:47 pm
      a win is a win. last season even when we were amazing we all didnt look forward to playing Stoke so ill take it. Now lets not get carried away we was not amazing, slightly better with the way we set up but at home we should of been better and all over them. Pace against us is a big worry this season as Lucas, Gerrard are not the quickest so teams exploit it. I hope BR keep the team as to be fair they got the win but i would bring in Moreno as LB

Quick Reply