Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match

Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Manquillo
      0 (0%)
      Skrtel
      2 (1.9%)
      K Touré
      3 (2.9%)
      Johnson
      1 (1%)
      Henderson
      2 (1.9%)
      Lucas
      19 (18.3%)
      Lallana
      7 (6.7%)
      Gerrard
      55 (52.9%)
      Sterling
      15 (14.4%)
      Lambert
      0 (0%)
      Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Allen
      0 (0%)
      Lovren
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 101

Leicester City 1-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match celebration

Read 31035 times
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Re: Leicester City 1-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match celebration
      Reply #529: Dec 02, 2014 11:53:56 pm
      Tonight's game goes to prove that use Stevie right and there's life in the old legs yet. He doesn't have to play every game or play the full 90 minutes of a game. The best thing is he actually looks like he's enjoying his Football again playing in an attacking role. Worthy MOTM for me.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #530: Dec 03, 2014 12:09:19 am
      3 Points.

Thought Toure and Lucas played well.

Gerrard took control of the game more in the second half and it paid off..

The ref was a complete tw*t !!..

still not enough creativity in the last third though and Lambert got caught offside too easily too many times..

Great to hear our fans in full voice again !!

Winning games breeds confidence... and it's a busy month ahead..

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #531: Dec 03, 2014 12:14:48 am
      Job done.

Confidence grows.
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #532: Dec 03, 2014 12:22:11 am
      Just how the fck can a geriatric 34  year old muster up the energy to be motm by playing in the right part of the field thats how , he aint quite the useless c**t some ofs you make him out to be , the sh*t some of you on here have levelled at him of late is fckin disgracefull  read em and weep doubters .

Stephen Gerrard a fckin legend in our lifetime .

I pay no heed to these glory hunting faggots. Which is why I don't engage in the Gerrard is past it discussions.

I get the impression if he signs a new contract, he is past it, and if he doesn't he is a traitor. You get used to the modern day fan base response.
      Gabri
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 174 posts | 26 
      Reply #533: Dec 03, 2014 05:49:27 am
      I saw the game and anybody could see the confidence gain in the players' eyes after the game.
      Something seems that is moving forward.
      We need another one against Sunderland and we are going towards the top four mix.

Well done lads. Keep going
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #534: Dec 03, 2014 08:16:07 am
      I pay no heed to these glory hunting faggots. Which is why I don't engage in the Gerrard is past it discussions.

I get the impression if he signs a new contract, he is past it, and if he doesn't he is a traitor. You get used to the modern day fan base response.
      That seems to be about the size of it same old adage damned if you do and damned if you dont ,dont,t think he can really win in some eyes and i suspect its got something to do with the slip last year and a bit of blame still attatched to it, show me a man who hasn,t made a mistake and i,ll show you a fcker who hasn,t tried.   

Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #535: Dec 03, 2014 08:30:54 am
      Aye and one of those losses was away at Madrid, can forgive that for most people :)

if this is true, then wow!
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #536: Dec 03, 2014 08:35:35 am
      I voted Lallana as MOTM because he brought us back into the game single handed in the first half and gave us belief for the second half. But Gerrard, Lucas, Sterling and Toure played good too.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #537: Dec 03, 2014 09:20:19 am
      Tonight's game goes to prove that use Stevie right and there's life in the old legs yet. He doesn't have to play every game or play the full 90 minutes of a game. The best thing is he actually looks like he's enjoying his Football again playing in an attacking role. Worthy MOTM for me.

This all day.

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #538: Dec 03, 2014 10:45:17 am
      Glad Brendan has finally woken up to the realisation Stevie will never be a DM. Think we would have more points on the board if he realised earlier and played Lucas in the role. Better late than never I suppose.

Now please stick with this team Brendan until Stu, Sakho and Flanno return.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #539: Dec 03, 2014 10:51:49 am
      Glad Brendan has finally woken up to the realisation Stevie will never be a DM. Think we would have more points on the board if he realised earlier and played Lucas in the role. Better late than never I suppose.

Now please stick with this team Brendan until Stu, Sakho and Flanno return.

It's probably worth noting that our push for the title which included the best run of form we've had in years coincided with Brendan dropping Lucas and putting Gerrard in as a holding mid last season Baz. To say on the back of that that Gerrard can't play there is probably something of a distortion. The reality is that if you have two pacey and tricky forwards which make it very difficult for the opposition to press high, and you want someone who has the ability and vision to release them from distance, Gerrard is still a wonderful player back there. Unfortunately when you don't have those forwards, and Gerrards midfield partner is Jordan Henderson who flatly refuses to take any responsibility when Gerrard is pressed, it doesn't work so well. Add in the fact that the whole team is malfunctioning and what you really need back there is a defensive minded midfielder, and Lucas is your man (or Can is if you're feeling poetic and adventurous).

On Lucas, I'd actually like to see him become EVEN MORE defensive. He worries me when he cuts the umbilical chord which links him to the centre halves, he simply cannot get back to make a contribution. Not only that, but when he does get adventurous he gets in the way in any case, so please Brendan tell him to stay where he's getting picked to be.   
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #540: Dec 03, 2014 11:06:41 am
      Ok performance but a great result - much needed for our confidence. Made up for Stevie, top performance, MOTM by a mile.

We had a few nervous moments as usual and conceded yet another soft goal but overall we look a  bit more solid don't we? Take away the Skrtel-Lovren partnership, take Stevie out of the DM role, take Balotelli out of the team and all of a sudden we look more competitive again.

Lucas is obviously being praised by the usual suspects on here. He was alright. Nothing special. F***ing disaster for their goal by turning his back and being walked past. Numerous fouls (including Vardy's dive). Typical Lucas game really. Did alright but because it's Lucas, on here an alright performance from him is as good as Graeme Souness in his prime.

Take it your not a Lucas fan then? He is no world beater but he certainly does his job well for Liverpool and will always give it 100% unlike some. Thought he played well and we have looked far better in the last couple of games since he has played the DM role. Don't think anybody can argue that. We have 6 points from 6 at the end of the day.

Our goalie is awful and he needs to be dropped ASAP. After making that world class save against Stoke he went back to his usual self. He is awful and makes one or two massive mistakes per game. He is a liability.

The full backs are crap too. Manquillo and Johnson aren't good enough. I've not been impressed with Moreno either, he made a promising start with us but since then he has looked inexperienced and nervous to me. He isn't the best at defending either.

Skrtel and Toure look better than Skrtel and Lovren but the sooner Sakho is fit the better for everyone.

Lucas has to start every game for us for the time being.

Gerrard looked good further up the field. Lallana and Henderson did ok. I'd still prefer to see Coutinho in the team though.

Sterling played well in the second half - it has been a long time coming.

Lambert has to play for the time being too. He is our best option until Danny is fit.

Good 3 points, keep the momentum going and beat Sunderland next. 9 points out of 9 and we should then be sitting around 6th.  We will be back in the top 4 in no time.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #541: Dec 03, 2014 01:16:37 pm
      Some interesting stats.
      Henderson attempted 59 passes, completing 51 of them (the most of any player on the pitch). He also set up his teammates for three attempts at goal.
      Lucas made 8 tackles, 4 interceptions and recovered the ball 12 times.
      Skrtel, 4 blocks, won 8 aerial duels and made 20 clearances.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #542: Dec 03, 2014 01:34:55 pm
      A very very important win but why were we being pressed for the final 20 minutes by 10 men, we should have been attacking and really tried to rack up a huge scoreline to improve our goal difference.

The main thing was the win though but my God we are in desperate need of some attackers who can actually score, Sterling has become very poor recently and Lambert was never that good in the first place although much better than Balotelli.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #543: Dec 03, 2014 01:36:02 pm
      I really felt like we needed that... a team short on everthing V liverpool!

thank f**k we won... onwards and upwards now! we MAY be in the process of turning a corner
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #544: Dec 03, 2014 02:52:37 pm
      Stephen Gerrard a fckin legend in our lifetime .

Come on now :laugh:
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #545: Dec 03, 2014 03:17:23 pm
      A very very important win but why were we being pressed for the final 20 minutes by 10 men, we should have been attacking and really tried to rack up a huge scoreline to improve our goal difference.

Last season. Crystal Palace away.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #546: Dec 03, 2014 05:16:13 pm
      F
      Firstly Crystal Palace were much better, secondly they were not down to 10 men.
      We should not have been pressed back against a 10 man Leicester but I can understand the lads maybe being  a bit nervy given recent results so I'll forgive them this one time.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #547: Dec 03, 2014 05:27:45 pm
      F
      Firstly Crystal Palace were much better, secondly they were not down to 10 men.
      We should not have been pressed back against a 10 man Leicester but I can understand the lads maybe being  a bit nervy given recent results so I'll forgive them this one time.

It's the usual culprits I'm afraid Skrtel and Johnson who are quite frankly cowardly defenders. Any little bit of pressure and they will drop further back into the safety of the 18 yard box.
      To dominate a team you need to be able to have a much higher defensive line so we are effectively playing the game in the opposition half.
      Interesting Swabs statistics about how many blocks and clearances Skrtel made, my case in point of inviting pressure. I can't recall once yesterday where we caught them offside.

There is playing a low block and then there's Skrtel and Johnson!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #548: Dec 03, 2014 05:40:40 pm
      A very very important win but why were we being pressed for the final 20 minutes by 10 men

F**k knows! It has happened all F***ing season! Ludogorets away was embarassing! Stoke at weekend became desperate and so too yesterday it was a struggle to tell who had the man advantage! In dopping deep into our box, we  just invite pressure and we become like sitting ducks! It is not how you protect a lead!

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #549: Dec 03, 2014 06:17:57 pm
      Oh fck the spelling police are out  nice one really will have to learn how to use this phonr and check things.Would that be 100 lines or 50  .
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #550: Dec 03, 2014 09:34:07 pm
      Why do we need to defend so deep I just don't understand. not that we have a world class back four. Time and again I've said this and I'll continue  to say it, that we need a DM not a bus load of midfielders that sat on the bench or got loaned out. Lucas is Lucas not the fastest around and you can't blame him, that's how fast he could go, opposition players will go pass him and he will have to resort to fouls, we don't have anyone better at the moment.

The amount and space we allowed opposition player just outside the 18 yard arc at our box is shocking. The space and time given, better players could just place a shot anywhere they want at goal.

Biggest flaw in the close season transfer is we never got in a DM, overly gung-ho with young and potential AM.

Besides that, I wonder whether BR realizes why the opposition do not fear attacking us furiously in our final third, well, as we all know we have a porous midfield and we simply can't counter attack effectively, that's a fact. If we could do that, we could have won by a bigger margin.

Mig's performamance  is getting poorer by the day, ok he made some good saves but he has also made many shocking mistakes that could cost us dearly, he has slowly turned into Calamity James II.

If I were BR, I will rehearse counter attack to near perfection to peg back the opposition attack and to ease the pressure on our defence for the moment.

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #551: Dec 04, 2014 12:02:28 am
      Quote from dunlop liddell shankly on Yesterday at 11:08:06 PM
      Lucas is obviously being praised by the usual suspects on here. He was alright. Nothing special. F***ing disaster for their goal by turning his back and being walked past. Numerous fouls (including Vardy's dive). Typical Lucas game really. Did alright but because it's Lucas, on here an alright performance from him is as good as Graeme Souness in his prime.

Souness he certainly aint, but at the moment, we haven't got anyone better to do the job he does. He never set the world alight, but he did what he does best, all be it, not as good as he has been, but he also releases Stevie to do what he does best as well. Can't knock that.
      Stevie for me was motm by a country mile, I didn't quite think we would be capable of what we did under the current circumstances. We weren't brilliant by any measures,but we were resilient and a lot more determined than recently. Glad to see a bit of bottle returning, and we actually got a bit of fluidity going with the passing at times.
      Made up with the three points, and the improvement. Still a long way to go, but we seem to be heading in the right direction at last. Slowly yes, but progress id progress.

Quick Reply