Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

The "Anfield Redevelopment is in progress!" Thread

Read 301397 times
      Anfield-Fan99
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 51 posts | 32 
      Re: The "Anfield Redevelopment is in progress!" Thread
      Reply #1035: Nov 14, 2023 07:16:43 am
      Because of Kop-Expansion: Are you referring to the A 5089 road directly behind the Kop, or the houses between Venmore and Hartnup Street including the church, or the general traffic capacities to transport a larger capacity of perhaps 70.000?
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #1036: Nov 14, 2023 07:55:11 am
      Because of Kop-Expansion: Are you referring to the A 5089 road directly behind the Kop, or the houses between Venmore and Hartnup Street including the church, or the general traffic capacities to transport a larger capacity of perhaps 70.000?

Once you go over a designated point (which we’re currently just shy of with the extended capacity) you need to ensure there’s a direct link to the ground by way of a transport system which is typically rail, whether train/underground/tram.

Other things will also be taken into account such as:

1) Acoustics - if changes are made in design, the acoustics held within the ground are likely to change. For example - if we filled the corners in and linked up the stands for extra seats - the sound would travel differently and this is something we’ve been keen not to affect.

2) What would be required to expand the Kop, road links would be required to be closed for any expansion along with the businesses in direct distance of the Kop, including two pubs at least that are often jammed on match days.

A cost benefit analysis might rule out the overall benefit to the club of an expansion, yes you might get a few extra thousand seats but the amount of other work required such a traffic management etc. might outweigh the overall benefit.

3) You would also likely see most hospitality options impacted in an expansion of the KD stand or the Kop which again would see a decrease in match day revenue which would need taking into account.

Overall the main issue is transport though, until that could be accounted for we’re not doing any further expansion. Cost of bringing direct links will be fairly large and likely the club if the consider it would be looking at the council to share the cost I would imagine.
      Anfield-Fan99
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 51 posts | 32 
      Reply #1037: Nov 14, 2023 08:04:45 am
      ok, then to me not clear why not expanding kop or KD instead of Anfield Road Stand. But now it´s to late.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #1038: Nov 14, 2023 08:23:53 am
      ok, then to me not clear why not expanding kop or KD instead of Anfield Road Stand. But now it´s to late.

The Anny road was the stand that was less complicated to extend and the one that made sense , the extra seats won’t be going to away fans
      Anfield-Fan99
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 51 posts | 32 
      Reply #1039: Nov 14, 2023 08:59:51 am
      At least no more complicated than destroying the road that gives the stadium its name  :D
      Of course offially the tickets from upper tier dont go to away fans, but for some matches with high away fans demand it does of course. In addition seats at kop will be always more attractive than at Anfield Road Stand. I think somehow a wrong strategic decision of club managment. They did not base their expansion plans on the ticket demand for the individual stands.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #1040: Nov 14, 2023 12:12:15 pm
      ok, to me not totally clear why the club expands the stand of the away fans' stand instead of the stand of its own fans or Dalglish-Stand.

Are there supporters who wish a Kop expansion?

It won't happen
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1041: Nov 14, 2023 01:15:03 pm
      Unless some travel infrastructure is built around the stadium it's hard to see anything else happening after this work.
      Apart from the buses after games you have to walk back to the city centre after European games
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #1042: Nov 14, 2023 03:09:52 pm
      Unless some travel infrastructure is built around the stadium it's hard to see anything else happening after this work.
      Apart from the buses after games you have to walk back to the city centre after European games

Yep! Always takes 40-60 mins to get out of Liverpool when parked up.

Unless they invent flying buses I agree that this will be the last expansion.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #1043: Nov 14, 2023 08:24:16 pm
      Yep! Always takes 40-60 mins to get out of Liverpool when parked up.

Is that going along Queen's Drive?
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #1044: Nov 14, 2023 10:06:14 pm
      Is that going along Queen's Drive?

You know it!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #1045: Nov 15, 2023 02:23:02 pm

We usually cut across from West Derby Rd to road past the Jolly Miller pub. Traffic always looks chocker block on the drive after the match.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #1046: Nov 23, 2023 03:12:29 pm
      17th December 2023 now, for a partial opening I think.

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1727703669766860995?t=f1cvCOz35WY5ytHo2r_cDA&s=19
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #1047: Nov 24, 2023 07:03:48 pm
      Great news this. Hopefully I can get my tickets back for the United and arsenal games.

I've heard starting with 5k in the upper but I don't know if this is accurate
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #1048: Nov 25, 2023 10:58:02 am
      Great news this. Hopefully I can get my tickets back for the United and arsenal games.

I've heard starting with 5k in the upper but I don't know if this is accurate

Best of luck. 🍀
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #1049: Nov 25, 2023 04:27:39 pm

Cheers.
      How many people who had them cancelled do you reckon didn't register interest in buying again if they were to become available?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,632 posts | 6940 
      Reply #1050: Nov 26, 2023 07:04:57 pm
      Cheers.
      How many people who had them cancelled do you reckon didn't register interest in buying again if they were to become available?

I didn't for the Newcastle game
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 754 posts | 127 
      Reply #1051: Nov 27, 2023 11:35:20 am
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 754 posts | 127 
      Reply #1052: Nov 30, 2023 11:22:18 am
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #1053: Dec 05, 2023 09:44:46 pm
      Dear Supporter,

We are preparing to partially open the new Anfield Road upper tier for the first time at the Manchester United fixture on December 17.  This is part of a phased opening programme of the new expanded Anfield Road Stand and is subject to an internal emergency conditions test managed in conjunction with Liverpool City Council and a public test event.

For this important test event we are inviting you to take part on Monday 11th December which will feature a live Q&A with manager Jürgen Klopp.

Timings:
      18:00 – Turnstiles open
      19:00 – Event Starts
      19:20 – Half Time
      19:30 – Second Half
      20:00 – Event Finishes

This free event is an important part of the matchday preparation and the phased opening of the new Anfield Road Stand, which when complete will increase Anfield capacity from 54,000 to 61,000.

During this event the aim is to test the building, systems and management plans and there will be times where you will be asked to cooperate in some important tests.  These include staying for the full duration of the event, using the welfare facilities, testing entry and exit procedures and a fire alarm evacuation at the end.

The LFC Foundation will also be hosting a community match play on pitch activity and discounted refreshments will be available on the concourses.

HOW TO BOOK TICKETS

Tickets can be booked online from 9am Tuesday 5 December 2023 until 8am Monday 11 December 2023.

Eligible supporters can book TWO tickets per Supporter ID.

Tickets are available on a first come first served basis and we cannot guarantee tickets to all who apply. Seats will be unreserved.

Please only book tickets if you can attend.

Please note any supporters who need accessible seating should book tickets in the Lower Tier only.

PARKING

Free parking is available to book, free of charge & subject to availability when booking your event ticket(s).

Once tickets have been confirmed more important information will follow ahead of the event including how to download your ticket.

Thank you for your support,

Liverpool Football Club
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #1054: Dec 05, 2023 09:45:15 pm
      I'm sure everyone has already seen but test event on Monday 11th.

Who's going?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1055: Dec 13, 2023 11:11:43 am
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 754 posts | 127 
      Reply #1056: Dec 13, 2023 11:29:30 am
      Special, and what a game to have the largest attendance in 50 years for....
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #1057: Dec 13, 2023 04:39:44 pm
      Got my ticket for the United game back earlier. About 5/6 seats away from my original too

Quick Reply