Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

The "Anfield Redevelopment is in progress!" Thread

Read 301513 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: The "Redevelopment is in progress!" Thread.
      Reply #184: Jul 06, 2015 07:14:59 pm

There are plenty of images to post, but this lot sums them up, just lots of grey tubing.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #185: Jul 10, 2015 09:41:41 am
      A view from the top, looking down on the little people.

@MarkPlatt73
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #186: Jul 10, 2015 01:23:43 pm
      All I want to know is, are they replacing the wooden seats that have been there since the eighties (minimum - and likely 50's / 60s)

and if so, can I have mine please as a season ticket holder ? I'll even take a screw driver if needed !!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #187: Jul 10, 2015 01:33:47 pm
      All I want to know is, are they replacing the wooden seats that have been there since the eighties (minimum - and likely 50's / 60s)

and if so, can I have mine please as a season ticket holder ? I'll even take a screw driver if needed !!

Email the club mate and see if you get a response?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #188: Jul 10, 2015 02:23:24 pm
      A view from the top, looking down on the little people.
      Everyone's little from up there ;D
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #189: Jul 10, 2015 10:01:52 pm
      Thunderbirds are GO!

The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #190: Jul 11, 2015 06:05:41 pm
      Amazing how quick they're getting through it...

Regardless of what you think of FSG this is a lot better than that rusty spade in Stanley Park!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #191: Jul 11, 2015 08:45:40 pm

@Redrazor20
      LFCexiled
      Reply #192: Jul 15, 2015 11:33:01 am
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #193: Jul 15, 2015 12:53:55 pm
      And to think the area looked like this in December (previously posted by Racer):

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #194: Jul 15, 2015 05:57:22 pm

Yes, it is.

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #195: Jul 15, 2015 06:06:39 pm

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #196: Jul 18, 2015 05:35:28 pm

Cranes ready to lift the truss.
      suso
      • Forum John Toshack

• 272 posts |
      Reply #197: Jul 19, 2015 12:03:13 am
      Amazing how quick they're getting through it...

Regardless of what you think of FSG this is a lot better than that rusty spade in Stanley Park!

i think for the long run a new stadium on stanley park would have been better. tarting up anfield is just a cheap and quicker way of fsg to make more money from the club when they sell it
      LFCexiled
      Reply #198: Jul 19, 2015 10:34:53 am
      Yeah, spending £150m to increase capacity by 8,500 is a master-stroke. The main focus of the new stand is corporate thereby making more money in the long term rather than to add to resale value.
      fhands123
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 350 posts | 11 
      Reply #199: Jul 19, 2015 10:49:57 am
      i think for the long run a new stadium on stanley park would have been better. tarting up anfield is just a cheap and quicker way of fsg to make more money from the club when they sell it

Jesus Christ! They invest a sh*t ton of money into redeveloping our iconic stadium, rather than leaving the history and tradition of the club behind in building a new stadium and you people still whinge and moan. Incredible.

The Emirates cost around £390m I think, obviously largely subsidised by sponsorship. If this redevelopment is to continue, which I assume it will in the coming years, it will probably cost a similar amount. Therfore stop berating the owners regarding thier investment and give them credit where's its deserved.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #200: Jul 19, 2015 11:38:22 am

You may be right in the financial department, but you're missing the the whole point of the history of the club, why move to Stanley Park? Why not move to another city, country etc. Arsenal have moved to a lovely new stadium, but it has no history or atmosphere.

Take a look at the famous Clock End.

Original.

Pre-development, 70-80's

Getting done up.

Nice bit of corporate money coming in.

The 'New' Clock End

Highbury now.

So, if you want money with no soul, we go to a bowl, if you want no money with soul we stay as we are, if you want soul and money, we redevelop.  Of course we would like an Anfield full of fans and not suits, but that is not feasible, please remember, the transport infrastructure will not accommodate a 70-80,000 seater stadium.

This is the best option.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #201: Jul 19, 2015 12:50:56 pm
      Why would you want to move away from your history to a place with none?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #202: Jul 19, 2015 12:54:44 pm
      Why would you want to move away from your history to a place with none?

I thought you were sunning yourself in the Bahamas  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #203: Jul 20, 2015 08:45:41 pm
      @Redrazor20  4 mins4 minutes ago
      Reprofiling continues today on #LFC Main stand redevelopment & cranes getting ready for roof truss lift on 23rd

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #204: Jul 21, 2015 08:34:47 pm
      I stand by what I said, the club will find a way. Businessmen are businessmen and if the transport infrastructure isn't there, they will work with the council to get it done. Or some way to get it done.

It has happened here before in America, multiple times actually, and those are American businessmen so to me I could see it happening but not for years down the road. If their are profits to be made from an investment, especially in sports, that investment will be made one way or the other.

Go take a look at Wrigley Field in Chicago, a renovation that is taking place currently. So many obstacles were in the way and yet the club pushed past all of them. From getting the plans through the city (which was a bi*ch to do and took years), to being sued by the locals and rooftop owners because of size as well as securing the surrounding buildings and places to sign off on some of the changes. Go back 5 years and people would have said it was impossible to do a 500M renovation to Wrigley and yet it is ongoing and looking quite nice if I might add.

There is an easy way, but it means the club having to put it's hands in it's pockets and paying for the major road restructuring that would be needed and can't see that happening.

A tram scheme has already been shelved by central government. And the local council is having to scrap a lot of services due to austerity measures, so forget any type of help money-wise from central or local government.

Why don't we expand the Anfield Road Stand, it looks so out of place when you look at the whole stadium.

Second phase - and will probably end up like the stand at Villa Park which actually covers the road like a tunnel.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #205: Jul 21, 2015 08:36:32 pm
      And seeing as we're on about the redevelopment, this should also be included:

Liverpool FC stadium building worker has legs broken on site

Investigation launched into Anfield incident by Health and Safety Executive

An Anfield Stadium building worker’s legs were crushed whilst he was working on the site.

The Health and Safety Executive is investigating the incident, which the ECHO understands led to both the man’s legs being broken.

The construction worker was helping on the Liverpool FC Anfield stadium expansion project, which involves building a new Main Stand.

The man’s legs are believed to have been crushed by a girder on April 30.

A spokeswoman for the Health and Safety Executive said: “We are aware of the incident and are investigating.”

A spokeswoman for construction company Carillion said: “We can confirm a worker was taken to hospital following an incident on site in April and the matter is currently being investigated by the HSE.”

The new Main Stand at Anfield will add an extra 8,500 seats to that side of the ground.

The structure, constructed from 4,800 tonnes of steel, will eventually envelope the old stand and provide two new tiers.

In September 2014, the £260m scheme received planning permission from Liverpool city council.

The project is expected to create 360 new jobs and bring in an extra £14.5m to the Anfield area annually, providing much needed regeneration.

The first shovels went into the ground on December 8 2014 and the development is scheduled to be completed by the beginning of the 2016-17 season.

North West Ambulance Service confirmed they took the injured man to Aintree hospital after being called at 1.37pm.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-fc-stadium-building-worker-9337249
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 761 posts | 40 
      Reply #206: Jul 22, 2015 02:04:39 am
      Oh my God, so how many have been hurt on building roads construction sites from one end of the country to the other. My heart goes out to the the construction worker but when your in that trade your in an element of risk. And these days at least he'll be looked after. Accidents happen you know, so you would rather nothing was built. Have you not seen all the extra scaffold round the site. Would you highlight something that happened in Brum.  And just as an after thought this happened a couple of months ago any quotes from the fella himself ??. From what I've seen since the build started the safety measures have been bang on.

Quick Reply