Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

The "Anfield Redevelopment is in progress!" Thread

Read 301474 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Re: The "Anfield Redevelopment is in progress!" Thread
      Reply #989: Sep 09, 2023 05:28:31 pm

With the club now taking control and able to appoint another contractor, it'll be open fully by end of November at a guess.
      paulow63
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 672 posts | 87 
      Reply #990: Sep 24, 2023 08:01:35 pm
      Can't help feeling we should have built a new stadium from scratch, our stadium looks all over the place, roofs at different heights, crap corner fills or no corner fills, access etc. Just looking at Lyon's new stadium being used at the Rugby World Cup, now that looks a proper stadium. I don't even like the architecture used on the two new stands.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,997 posts | 3424 
      Reply #991: Sep 24, 2023 08:04:27 pm
      Can't help feeling we should have built a new stadium from scratch, our stadium looks all over the place, roofs at different heights, access etc. Just looking at Lyon's new stadium being used at the Rugby World Cup, now that looks a proper stadium. I don't even like the architecture used on the two new stands.

No thanks - will stick with redeveloping home
      paulow63
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 672 posts | 87 
      Reply #992: Sep 24, 2023 08:40:32 pm
      No thanks - will stick with redeveloping home
      Don't get me wrong, love Anfield, it's history, it's tradition and the Kop, I just think everything becoming a bit Adhoc and no foresight. I always feel you lose a lot of atmosphere with no fans in the corners.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,997 posts | 3424 
      Reply #993: Sep 24, 2023 08:47:54 pm
      Don't get me wrong, love Anfield, it's history, it's tradition and the Kop, I just think everything becoming a bit Adhoc and no foresight. I always feel you lose a lot of atmosphere with no fans in the corners.

I’ll take what we have now over any modern stadium
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,657 posts | 1589 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #994: Sep 24, 2023 08:58:12 pm
      Can't help feeling we should have built a new stadium from scratch, our stadium looks all over the place, roofs at different heights, crap corner fills or no corner fills, access etc. Just looking at Lyon's new stadium being used at the Rugby World Cup, now that looks a proper stadium. I don't even like the architecture used on the two new stands.

No no no no and definately NOT

Anfield is full of history, it means so much to so many people, the games that have been played there over years and years would all be lost if we moved or built a new ground, there is nowhere like it especially on a European night under the floodlights, oh all that passion would be lost, I've lost count of the amount of times that players from the opposition have froze in front of a baying kop, it's exactly perfect as it is, it's not meant to look like a pristine ground, it's Anfield and home and that's just how we love it  ;D
      « Last Edit: Sep 24, 2023 09:16:16 pm by Klopps Snood »
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,291 posts | 764 
      Reply #995: Sep 25, 2023 05:01:00 pm
      There's so much cultural heritage attached to Anfield and especially the kop, that it would be an almost impossible wrench for most fans to leave it. You make some salient points, most matches at Anfield these days are no more imposing than anywhere else, with the real power of the crowd reserved for mostly later stage European fixtures. Could that unique atmosphere be recreated at a new stadium...I'm not sure.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #996: Oct 12, 2023 01:14:39 pm
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,534 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #997: Oct 12, 2023 01:20:49 pm
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,534 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #998: Oct 12, 2023 01:25:04 pm

Never noticed this when I posted mine, mustve started at same time. l o l
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,351 posts | 1629 
      Reply #999: Oct 12, 2023 04:25:38 pm
      Had tickets in there to take my grandson won’t be happy when he gets in from school ,.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #1000: Oct 13, 2023 09:05:15 am
      This is very disappointing news for all concerned. My conspiracy trait would happily go down the rabbit hole, the the previous custodians of the build may have, let's say, possibly cut corners, and now need sorting.

If you've seen crap builds on Instagram, X etc, you'd seen the dreadful state new builds are 'signed off' in.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1001: Oct 13, 2023 03:12:11 pm
      This is very disappointing news for all concerned. My conspiracy trait would happily go down the rabbit hole, the the previous custodians of the build may have, let's say, possibly cut corners, and now need sorting.

If you've seen crap builds on Instagram, X etc, you'd seen the dreadful state new builds are 'signed off' in.

I'd say it's quite possible that significant snags were discovered when reviewing what stage the build was at.
      Better to rectify them and open at a later stage.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1002: Oct 13, 2023 03:46:58 pm
      think the cowboys were also responsible for the Luton Car Park that fell apart in the fire so possibly a major check is required for the work that has been done.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #1003: Oct 13, 2023 11:57:05 pm
      Quote from Klopps Snood
      No no no no and definately NOT

Anfield is full of history, it means so much to so many people, the games that have been played there over years and years would all be lost if we moved or built a new ground, there is nowhere like it especially on a European night under the floodlights, oh all that passion would be lost, I've lost count of the amount of times that players from the opposition have froze in front of a baying kop, it's exactly perfect as it is, it's not meant to look like a pristine ground, it's Anfield and home and that's just how we love it  ;D

Yes it's home, but I think the announcement that it was overlooked for the unbuilt swimming pool for the Euros, confirms it's status now in the pecking order.

You see some of the new and/or redeveloped stadiums in the league and abroad, and they look like colosseums compared to ours. We still refuse to install basics like a video screen, and you're not going to be in the conversation for major tournaments or cup finals nowadays, if you don't have that. Even that horrible shoebox down in Bournemouth has a screen to show people what's going on.

The upper tier of the new stand is full of the hospitality crowd, tickets cost at least ten times the price of the standard ticket per game, so issuing half hearted apologies to them isn't good enough. I hope they're adequately compensated for something that's not their fault.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #1004: Oct 14, 2023 01:16:19 pm
      Yes it's home, but I think the announcement that it was overlooked for the unbuilt swimming pool for the Euros, confirms it's status now in the pecking order.

F**k all to do with the stadium, it's about the size of the pitch.

You see some of the new and/or redeveloped stadiums in the league and abroad, and they look like colosseums compared to ours. We still refuse to install basics like a video screen, and you're not going to be in the conversation for major tournaments or cup finals nowadays, if you don't have that.

Sound, who wants video screens anyway. As for the thing about other grounds, where exactly are these colosseums you mention. The mostly souless new builds that have no atmosphere and are built mostly so other sport can be played on them too. I would still stand Anfield against them on their day atmosphere wise.

The upper tier of the new stand is full of the hospitality crowd, tickets cost at least ten times the price of the standard ticket per game

Bullshit.

You on about the Anny Road Upper or Main Stand? If you're on about the main stand, that also includes relatively cheap £9 tickets too ;)
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #1005: Oct 15, 2023 07:18:31 pm
      Mmmm.... just watched part of a YouTube video, has to stop as Strictly is starting, and the rumours reported by a few people is that there us a 'major concrete failing' on the ground level.

Guessing this is actually really bad.

Just have to wait and see I guess. :-/
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,291 posts | 764 
      Reply #1006: Oct 15, 2023 07:26:49 pm
      Mmmm.... just watched part of a YouTube video, has to stop as Strictly is starting, and the rumours reported by a few people is that there us a 'major concrete failing' on the ground level.

probably the same RAAC used in all the schools that are falling to bits.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,997 posts | 3424 
      Reply #1007: Oct 15, 2023 07:42:52 pm

The rumours are coming from nonsense based on the Luton Airport carpark fire and collapse that recently happened
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #1008: Oct 16, 2023 10:54:00 am
      The rumours are coming from nonsense based on the Luton Airport carpark fire and collapse that recently happened

With the connection being Buckingham
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,383 posts | 2823 
      Reply #1009: Oct 19, 2023 09:57:44 pm
      https://twitter.com/ShaunP471n0/status/1715063627550486985

Seems a complete mess to be honest, be amazed if it opens this season.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #1010: Oct 19, 2023 11:01:14 pm
      Quote from HUYTON RED
      Sound, who wants video screens anyway. As for the thing about other grounds, where exactly are these colosseums you mention. The mostly souless new builds that have no atmosphere and are built mostly so other sport can be played on them too. I would still stand Anfield against them on their day atmosphere wise.

You on about the Anny Road Upper or Main Stand? If you're on about the main stand, that also includes relatively cheap £9 tickets too ;)

I'm not on about the Main Stand at all, hospitality packages cost a lot more than £9. The fans who had their tickets cancelled should be reimbursed in full, and offered a hospitality ticket for a game of their choice this season. The way they were dismissed with a half hearted apology is unacceptable. It's not their fault.

When UEFA and FIFA are considering venues for major championships and cup finals, even the super cup final, they prioritise access and infrastructure over atmosphere. The stadium doesn't have a screen in it, the Kenny Dalglish and Kop Grandstands haven't seen a lick of paint in 30 years, and some blocks such as KG, have severely restricted views. Compared to other ones, it doesn't have parking facilities, it doesn't have a rail link to the city centre, it's not near an airport, the bus service outside the stadium is notoriously inadequate and unreliable after games, and there's usually a fair amount of walking involved to/from the ground.

Now we fans put up with it because it's home, but UEFA don't. Other stadiums have some or all of those features available, so they get priority for these games. Hence why we were ignored for a structure that hasn't even been built.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,002 posts | 223 
      Reply #1011: Oct 20, 2023 08:22:44 am
      https://twitter.com/ShaunP471n0/status/1715063627550486985

Seems a complete mess to be honest, be amazed if it opens this season.

I’ll take it there’s no chance of any compensation from the fvk wits that run the build, we’re they the same company that built the main stand??

Quick Reply