Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The "Anfield Redevelopment is in progress!" Thread

Read 298039 times
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Re: The "Anfield Redevelopment is in progress!" Thread
      Reply #805: Feb 12, 2018 10:22:25 am
      For all the talk of investments in the team though... Look at United who invest more than anyone, it's got them nothing but problems. They have the most expensive manager, the most expensive midfielder the most expensive forwards... Are they better than us? I don't think so.

But I still get what you mean, more more into the club is a good thing when done right.

I think UTDs biggest problem is Mourinho. He just loves the idea of spending money, but he's lost his touch and is no longer a top manager. If Klopp had that kind of budget we'd walk this league.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #806: Feb 16, 2018 06:33:49 pm
      Some new images of the shop and future developments for across the road. (From Skyscrapper)

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #807: Feb 16, 2018 07:03:49 pm
      Ah so that's the hotel they are planning!

I wonder if they're gonna bulldoze the 12th man to fit it in?

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #808: Mar 22, 2018 12:43:18 pm
      http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5528883/Liverpool-set-expand-Anfield-club-target-60-000-seats.html

Article today is that before planning deadline expires in September we are looking for a sponsor for Anfield Road end to take the capacity up to 60,000.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #809: Mar 22, 2018 12:48:31 pm
      I think UTDs biggest problem is Mourinho. He just loves the idea of spending money, but he's lost his touch and is no longer a top manager.

Utd's problem is Mourinho ....but its self inflicted by Utd.

If no one has yet woken up to the back handed mega takes € he gets from his mates ...the agents ... then they are thicker in the Boardroom at the Old Toilet than I thought they were.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #810: Apr 03, 2018 07:02:54 pm
      I see you can now get food and drinks delivered to your seat in the main stand.

Just not football for me that.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #811: Apr 03, 2018 07:36:20 pm
      Hilton Garden Inn you say? Looks like I've got the lodging part of a trip covered. I'll start saving my Hilton points now. Just need to find the money for some plane tickets and gameday tickets and I'll be set.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      Reply #812: Sep 23, 2018 01:36:01 pm
      Long time dead this thread, as not much has gone on.

I guess we all know about the temporary agreement with the Club, Council and local residence of the ground to hols out door concerts during some of the summer free time.

I was lurking in the Spurs thread on Skyscraper, and they have pointed out that the LED advertising boards have some new features, but not to the naked eye. This sort of made sense as I noticed that the boards at Anfield looked different, as the corners seem rounded and complete.

Here are the posts:

Originally Posted by Deadeye_matt  View Post
      The LED boards in place at the moment I suspect will not be used for advertising, more likely they will show Spurs slogans through the match like the ones at Wembley do. I’ve done a bit of work with ADI in the past and they have the contracts to supply the pitch side LED screens to a number of clubs - these tend to be on long term hire rather than the clubs owning them as it takes away the responsibility of maintaining them from the club, but given we know that Daktronics have supplied the other screens in the stadium I would expect Spurs to have a similar deal for the pitchside boards, and have a service contract for them. I may be wrong but I would have thought that the ability to show different adverts alongside the pitch is something done by the broadcaster with a graphics overlay rather than anything special with the screen itself.

Originally Posted by Ledney's knees  View Post
      just a bit more info on the ADI Hybrid boards they are"special" ie different from normal advertising boards, what they do that others don't is also emit infrared light as well as the RGB colours, so its invisible to the naked eye. broadcaster cameras have to have an extra infrared camera attached for this to also work. the infra red camera picks up the IR light, then from that feed the hybrid adverts are overlayed in realtime. The adverts are sold by the club and nothing to do with broadcaster. This product is about maximising advertising revenue by targeting different markets with different ads. Eg Asia get the Asian beting ads uk get stanley power tools ads usa get coca cola.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HreDhkq4gk

Video explaining this
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HreDhkq4gk

Just wondering if we have this, but I guess we do..
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      Reply #813: Aug 22, 2019 01:51:09 pm
      And we're back.

@JamesPearceLFC
      Big news from Anfield today. #LFC have reaffirmed their intention to redevelop the Anfield Road Stand with ambitious new plans now under active consideration to take the capacity to over 60,000.

Existing outline planning permission, which expires next month, will be allowed to lapse. A new application will then be made for a bigger scheme.

Consultation is now the immediate priority.
      LFC's chief operating officer Andy Hughes: “We are committed to working with local residents, planning officials and others as we now focus on the detail behind any proposed redevelopment for Anfield Road."

Liverpool Football Club today reaffirms its intention to redevelop the Anfield Road stand with ambitious new plans now under active consideration.

As part of this process, the six-time European champions have committed to engaging with the local community and other key stakeholders while pursuing a vision in keeping with the club’s aspirations.

As a direct result of this development, existing outline planning permission will be allowed to lapse in order to allow work to continue on alternative options with a view to submitting a new planning application for a larger scheme in due course. 

Liverpool FC chief operating officer Andy Hughes said: “The progress that has been made during ongoing feasibility studies has resulted in us being in a position to allow the outline planning permission to lapse. We are committed to working with local residents, planning officials and others as we now focus on the detail behind any proposed redevelopment for Anfield Road.

“Throughout this process we have been clear that our objective is to find the best possible solution for Anfield Road and that remains the case."

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/361704-liverpool-fc-statement-anfield-road-stand-redevelopment
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      Reply #814: Aug 22, 2019 01:58:31 pm
      This is going to interesting, as I/we were under the impression that local transport infrastructure restricted any ground expansion would be  limited to 60,000.

As new plans are to be drawn up, I guess we'll have to wait for a bit to see any idea what they have got planned.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #815: Aug 22, 2019 04:12:28 pm
      This is going to interesting, as I/we were under the impression that local transport infrastructure restricted any ground expansion would be  limited to 60,000.

As new plans are to be drawn up, I guess we'll have to wait for a bit to see any idea what they have got planned.

Total capacity will be near 62,000
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #816: Aug 22, 2019 04:38:01 pm
      Total capacity will be near 62,000

Any idea the size of the waiting list for season tickets?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      Reply #817: Aug 22, 2019 09:08:46 pm

Wrong thread, but no my friend, I think the waiting list is closed, and this expansion would make no difference into the list/wait.

God knows how much a ST is, and to be able to see a guaranteed 19 games is madness.

But back on topic, I'm sure official news will be slow, but any worthwhile bits I find, I'll post here.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #818: Aug 22, 2019 09:11:33 pm
      Wrong thread, but no my friend, I think the waiting list is closed, and this expansion would make no difference into the list/wait.

God knows how much a ST is, and to be able to see a guaranteed 19 games is madness.

But back on topic, I'm sure official news will be slow, but any worthwhile bits I find, I'll post here.

Wrong thread? I  thought if there was a waiting list that the expansion of the stand might allow some to reach their goal.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      Reply #819: Aug 22, 2019 09:30:33 pm
      Wrong thread? I  thought if there was a waiting list that the expansion of the stand might allow some to reach their goal.

ST's have been discussed in other threads, I'm sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but until all the dead people stop collecting their tickets, the living won't have a look in.

I'm confident that no matter how many more seats are created, all this will do is enlarge the Thomas Cook experience. Unless of course, FSG go rouge and have a post code filter, which would be great.

Many moons ago, I think I was around 10000 on the waiting list, but then the membership 'scheme' kicked in, and I never followed it up.

I'll try and fine the ST thread tomorrow, but I suspect there will not be much in it, as getting one now will have greater odds than winning the lottery.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      Reply #820: Aug 23, 2019 08:24:11 am

Potential Season Ticket Changes Enforced for 2018/19 Season
      https://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,49767.0.html

2,000 New Season Tickets
      https://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,39010.0.html

Here you go. Not much advice on how to get one.
      red79
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 111 posts |
      Reply #821: Aug 23, 2019 09:47:23 am

The ST waiting list is something ridiculous like 50,000 - they closed it years ago, I’ve been on the list for about 15-16 years and I’m about 3500 on the list, I know they released some when the main stand was developed so I’m really hoping they will release some more if they do develop the Anfield Road as currently I never can get any in the members sale
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      Reply #822: Nov 21, 2019 03:28:13 pm
      Liverpool plan Anfield Road End expansion to reach about 60,000 capacity.

Liverpool have moved forward with plans to extend Anfield's capacity to about 60,000 by inviting local residents to attend public consultation events.

The Premier League leaders hope to develop the stadium's Anfield Road End in a bid to build on the current capacity of 54,074.

Over 5,000 leaflets have been distributed outlining consultation events from 29 November to 4 December.

Liverpool completed the expansion of Anfield's Main Stand in 2016.

The Main Stand development cost about £100m.

Outline planning permission was also in place to redevelop the Anfield Road End of the ground.

Those plans would have added a further 4,825 seats but in August the club chose to instead pursue "ambitious new plans", prompting the consultation process.

"The consultation events are designed for local residents, businesses and fans to learn more and offer their feedback on the club's vision to create a bigger Anfield, which would allow more fans to watch some of Europe's best football in a world-class facility," the club said.

Interested parties can attend consultation events at The Kop Bar from 16:00 GMT on Friday 29 November, Monday 2 December (16:00) and Tuesday 3 December (12:00).

A pop-up information stand will also be open on Anfield Road before the games against Brighton on 30 November and Everton on 4 December.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50501151
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #823: Nov 21, 2019 03:45:17 pm
      Good news but an extra 4,000 is a drop in the ocean compared to what's really needed. The members' sale this morning pretty much confirmed that we really need to be more around the 70,000 mark before supply can get anywhere near the demand.

Either that, or another Hodgson era to clear a few bums off of the seats
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #824: Nov 21, 2019 05:12:03 pm
      Good news but an extra 4,000 is a drop in the ocean compared to what's really needed. The members' sale this morning pretty much confirmed that we really need to be more around the 70,000 mark before supply can get anywhere near the demand.

Either that, or another Hodgson era to clear a few bums off of the seats

The original plans called for 4k seats, they scrapped those and are going bigger.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #825: Nov 21, 2019 08:06:37 pm
      The original plans called for 4k seats, they scrapped those and are going bigger.

By an extra 2,000 unless FSG have found a way to bribe the fat conductor
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      Reply #826: Nov 21, 2019 08:36:58 pm
      Just some of the images popping up on Twitter, none of them official.

« Last Edit: Nov 21, 2019 08:54:27 pm by RedPuppy »
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #827: Nov 22, 2019 03:53:50 pm
      Just some of the images popping up on Twitter, none of them official.

I think those bottom two are actually drawings from Noah's Ark.

Quick Reply