Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The "Anfield Redevelopment is in progress!" Thread

Read 298052 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Re: The "Anfield Redevelopment is in progress!" Thread
      Reply #828: Nov 22, 2019 06:53:15 pm
      A little bit higher and it could House 3 tiers 🤷🏼‍♂️ Why not
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #829: Nov 23, 2019 09:37:50 am
      By an extra 2,000 unless FSG have found a way to bribe the fat conductor

Lobster Pot pass for life
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #830: Nov 23, 2019 09:47:47 am
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #831: Nov 23, 2019 01:32:50 pm
      Boss chippy that.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #832: Nov 29, 2019 09:04:55 am
      New CGI image, I don't think I've seen it before, may be this will be close to the proposed design.

LFC has opened a first-stage public consultation exercise to share early ideas for the proposed expansion of the Anfield Road Stand and to listen to the views from the local community, local businesses, supporters and key stakeholders. @LFC

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #833: Nov 29, 2019 09:56:16 am
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #834: Nov 29, 2019 11:53:36 am
      You've got to take your hat off to FSG if this gets pulled off. You look at these 60k+ seater stadiums being built now and they're all costing around the 1 Billion mark, we would have managed to get to that capacity for a fraction of the price, whilst also retaining our history, tradition and culture from by not moving into one of the shiny, soul-less spaceships that get passed as stadiums nowdays
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #835: Nov 29, 2019 12:45:11 pm
      You're right mate, £200m total including this isn't it? Chuck in £50m for Kirkby and they're doing well.

Around that figure I think mate, it could even be a bit less. I think we'd still need to be nearer the 70k mark before we start meeting anywhere near the demand for tickets and I'm not sure we'd be able to reach that through expansion due to the location, but I'm more than happy with a 60k Anfield. Redevelopment makes it easier to compete on the field too as opposed to building a new ground, as we'll still have the funds for transfers & the likes. Arsenal are a prime example of how having a new stadium can hinder progress on the pitch 

Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 53 
      Reply #836: Nov 29, 2019 01:21:47 pm
      Must say that it looks impressive!!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #837: Nov 29, 2019 04:44:46 pm
      Just out of interest, how many extra seats do you reckon we would get if they filled in the top tier of the corner?

As far as I can see on the news, extra 7000 seats, aiming at fans, not corporate.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #838: Nov 29, 2019 10:19:43 pm
      As far as I can see on the news, extra 7000 seats, aiming at fans, not corporate.

It mentions a lounge and/or sports bar and what I've seen of those is they are always aimed at the high end "customer."

Great to increase capacity and I know that bar thing is meant to increase revenue, but I wish they'd just forget about hosting American or Gaelic football. It's terrible for the pitch.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #839: Dec 26, 2019 06:41:22 pm
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #840: Dec 26, 2019 06:48:23 pm

TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #841: Feb 12, 2020 03:36:39 pm
      Seems to be becoming much more of a reality!

Second stage of consultation began today & the club have confirmed the expansion will consist of 5200 extra general admission seats (not sure what percentage of those will go to people on the ST waiting list) and around 1800 extra hospitality seats
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #842: Feb 12, 2020 04:14:08 pm
      This is great news, I remember FSG went a bit cold on the original development plans and it seemed to be because the new seats (being general admission) would not be nearly as lucrative as the Main Stand build (which was driven by the commercial revenues from VIP boxes and hospitality).

At least people will be able t see if they're sitting at the back of the redeveloped Annie Road End! goal kicks and high balls aren't much fun if your sat in those back 2-3 rows, you can't bloody see em!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #843: Feb 12, 2020 04:22:49 pm

Second stage of consultation began today & the club have confirmed the expansion will consist of 5200 extra general admission seats (not sure what percentage of those will go to people on the ST waiting list) and around 1800 extra hospitality seats

Brilliant news this..
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #844: Feb 12, 2020 04:36:58 pm
      At least people will be able t see if they're sitting at the back of the redeveloped Annie Road End! goal kicks and high balls aren't much fun if your sat in those back 2-3 rows, you can't bloody see em!

Like watching the match through somebody's letterbox!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #845: Feb 12, 2020 05:09:30 pm
      Wondering how far away from the pitch the top rows of the 2nd tier will be. When I've seen on TV the upper deck at Old Trafford those seats seem hopelessly far away from the playing surface. I don't get that impression from seeing the top of the Kop or the main stand. I sat at the top tier of the Centenary/SKD stand and it was decent, same with the Anfield Road end (but that's been 12-20 years ago so memories can be tricky).

Anyway, I hope the seats still give a decent view of the match and they are not just piling people in without giving them an actual good view of the game. Doesn't look that is what's happening.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #846: Feb 12, 2020 05:27:45 pm
      Wondering how far away from the pitch the top rows of the 2nd tier will be. When I've seen on TV the upper deck at Old Trafford those seats seem hopelessly far away from the playing surface. I don't get that impression from seeing the top of the Kop or the main stand. I sat at the top tier of the Centenary/SKD stand and it was decent, same with the Anfield Road end (but that's been 12-20 years ago so memories can be tricky).

Anyway, I hope the seats still give a decent view of the match and they are not just piling people in without giving them an actual good view of the game. Doesn't look that is what's happening.

As Scott mentioned, towards the back of the lower tier of the current stand is pretty horrific for views as the top tier overlaps & it ends up giving you a letterbox view so I think anything would be an improvement on it's current state  ;D

In terms of distance from the pitch it should be fine, I sit in the upper corner of the main stand quite a fair bit and the view there is great, I think you get to take in more of the game & appreciate the tactics better from afar, as opposed to being on the first row of a lower tier for instance
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #847: Feb 12, 2020 05:39:54 pm

I’m sure I heard it said somewhere today that there will be no hospitality seating in that new stand , or was that just wishfull hearing on my part .
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #848: Feb 12, 2020 05:47:39 pm
      I’m sure I heard it said somewhere today that there will be no hospitality seating in that new stand , or was that just wishfull hearing on my part .

No corporate seating...sounds like they are putting in an open air bar area for 1800.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #849: Feb 12, 2020 05:53:15 pm

Very wishful thinking!

To be fair I don't mind hospitality - would never pay that much myself but the way I look at it, ridiculously priced hospitality tickets are what stop standard tickets from being even more expensive than they already are so I'm happy for the club to go down that route if it stops a few quid extra being added to the price of regular tickets.

Although I do disagree with hospitality tickets counting towards credits. Seen a few people selling & "raffling" hospitality tickets off on Facebook lately so people are obviously buying the tickets for the credit with no intention of going and then raffling / selling them off to make their money back
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #850: Feb 12, 2020 06:35:41 pm
      Very wishful thinking!

To be fair I don't mind hospitality - would never pay that much myself but the way I look at it, ridiculously priced hospitality tickets are what stop standard tickets from being even more expensive than they already are so I'm happy for the club to go down that route if it stops a few quid extra being added to the price of regular tickets.

Although I do disagree with hospitality tickets counting towards credits. Seen a few people selling & "raffling" hospitality tickets off on Facebook lately so people are obviously buying the tickets for the credit with no intention of going and then raffling / selling them off to make their money back
      I don’t mind it either for that very reason although taken too far it dilutes the atmosphere, still sure I heard it was on the sports news on way home from work , sure they said there will be no hospitality boxes in that stand .

Quick Reply