Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Kolo Toure
      9 (13%)
      Glen Johnson
      2 (2.9%)
      Martin Skrtel
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      1 (1.4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1.4%)
      Lucas Leiva
      39 (56.5%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Phillip Coutinho
      2 (2.9%)
      Raheem Sterling
      9 (13%)
      Rickie Lambert
      0 (0%)
      Steven Gerrard
      6 (8.7%)
      Lazar Markovic
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Voting closed: Dec 09, 2014 05:10:21 pm

Liverpool 0-0 Sunderland: In game and Post Match analysis

Read 29529 times
      TheRedPanda
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 362 posts | 82 
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 Sunderland: In game and Post Match analysis
      Reply #414: Dec 08, 2014 09:31:16 am
      Indeed

Liverpool 0-0 Stoke
      Liverpool 0-0 Everton
      Liverpool 0-0 Birmingham
      Liverpool 0-0 Fulham
      Liverpool 0-0 West Ham

etc, etc, etc....

Back to this game. We played them at home last year, and it was a battle to get the win. They got a point at home to Chelsea last week and got points there and at City last season, so anyone who thought this was a straight forward three points needed a rethink.

I'll put Henderson's performance down to him playing against Sunderland. He still turns up at their games sitting with their fans, so it's bound to affect him.

As for the rest of them, their performances this season could be summed up by fans here quite simply.

Mignolet: sh*t
      Johnson: sh*t
      Lovren: sh*t
      Skrtel: sh*t
      Manquillo: sh*t
      Hendo: sh*t
      Allen: sh*t
      Can: sh*t
      Gerrard: sh*t
      Lallana: sh*t
      Coutinho: sh*t
      Markovic: sh*t
      Sterling: sh*t
      Borini: sh*t
      Lambert: sh*t
      Balotelli: sh*t

With all that around, maybe we should all upsticks and support Bayern Munich for the rest of the season.

You are a chat bot, aren't you? You have been programmed so that whenever there is some discussion about Rafa, you come crawling and spread your hatred. Who is your creator BTW?
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,654 posts | 482 
      Reply #415: Dec 08, 2014 09:42:05 am
      You are a chat bot, aren't you? You have been programmed so that whenever there is some discussion about Rafa, you come crawling and spread your hatred. Who is your creator BTW?
      Maybe Rafa bullied him when he was a kid.  :f_tongueincheek:
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #416: Dec 08, 2014 10:29:43 am
      Well.  I didn't actually say "sack him."  I said I wouldn't be fussed if they sacked him. 

It's not just that we're not doing well.  It's the way he handles it and the way he treats the supporters with utter disdain.  He plays Johnson again and again.  We play like sh*te and then he comes out and says we were "fantastic."  He throws in the towel away at Real Madrid, the biggest game we've had in years, and then drops Toure after the man put in the best defensive performance all season.  He intentionally lowers expectations saying a draw at home against Sunderland is a "great result."  He says we don't need a defence coach because we "defend as a team" in training.  The man is delusional. 

So it's not just that we're not doing well.  It's that 1) he sends the wrong message to the players, i.e., no matter how well you play, you don't automatically earn a spot in the team (Toure) and no matter how poorly you play, you don't necessarily drop to the bench (Johnson, Gerrard, Mignolet etc).  That's not the right message.  On top of that, 2) he has lowered our expectations to a mid-table club approach, saying that draws to relegation fodder are "great results," that we should just throw in the towel away to top clubs, that it's okay when we're sh*te as long as we "give him everything we've got" etc etc.

It's not just the fact that we're struggling---it's the WAY he tries to spin everything and make the supporters look like idiots.  Like apparently there is something wrong with you if you don't think a 0-0 draw against Sunderland at Anfield is a "great result." 

The supporters all have two eyes and can see what is going on on the pitch. 

Honestly, if he were open minded and called it like it is I wouldn't have any problem with him getting time.  If he put his hands up and said "ok, Stevie is past it, Johnson is apathetic, Allen is anonymous, this just isn't working"---and tried some other players and some other formations, then I would say "ok, at least he is trying a different approach."  But he doesn't.  It's just the same damn thing over and over and over again.  And the same bollocks after each disappointing result.  THAT is the problem I have with him.  He doesn't consider any other options.  He spits in the collective face of the supporters by telling them the sky is purple when we can all see it's blue.

I just don't like it. 

But I didn't say that sacking him right now would do any good---but that's mostly down to the fact that there's no one available to replace him that would be worth the trouble, and FSG would then have to give Rodgers a massive payout just for him to leave.  It doesn't make any sense.

So.  It's a shitty spot to be in right now.  I don't know what they're going to do.  It's a no-win situation.

I think your first sentence sums it up well. The issue people like you and your ilk have in today's game that encompasses everything LFC related is, Liverpool FC and it's supporters have always had an affinity with their managers. Since Hogdson's arrival and departure, analogous to H&G arrival and departure, 'Pool fans think it is quite right, to hold managers and owners in contempt just as Chelsea or Tottenham fans do, dan in Landan relative to their managers or owners. All of a sudden, not taking to the manager, or backing him toes the sky generation party line, that traditionally has never resonated with LFC fans.
      georgepierce
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 35 posts |
      Reply #417: Dec 08, 2014 11:08:11 am
      Kop had no atmosphere, Annie road were singing louder...
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #418: Dec 08, 2014 11:46:38 am
      I'm of two minds here on the  sacking BR at this juncture, we're almost halfway through the season and a new manager that comes in would take some time to settle down and time is not on our side, it's a gamble, on the contrary the new manager could turn things round pretty fast and we could end up in top 4.

What I hope to see is that BR wakes up from his slumber, eat the humble pie and admit that his tactics ain't working, he's not playing to the players strengths, change the training techniques, bring in new coaches, attacking, defensive, goalkeeper ones, do whatever is necessary, no time for sentiments here, sack the current coaches if need be.  Something is very wrong with our training techniques, we tend to perform almost perfect short 3 to 6 yards passes but when it comes to making that all important final pass or passes and movement of players to breach the opposition defence we're next to hopeless. Too many square passes is killing our game, we don;t switch from defence to attack fast enough, square past from hendo to Lucas then Lucas back to Hendo then Hendo to Cou, it could easily been Hendo to Cou. But is Hendo trained or has the guts to make that all important diagonal pass to Cou. He could have done it many times already, I could have missed. Players positioning in the final third and inside the box is in total disarray, player in possession don't know who to pass the ball to inside the box and every ball into the box is done at random, hoping for the best.

For a change it would help if BR could sit at the highest seat in the stand to have a bird's eye view of our players movement and his tactics, I'd believe by then he'd see that most if not all the posters comments here are valid. Watching a game from the sidelines is different from having a view from a high level.

redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #419: Dec 08, 2014 11:53:04 am
      Indeed

Liverpool 0-0 Stoke
      Liverpool 0-0 Everton
      Liverpool 0-0 Birmingham
      Liverpool 0-0 Fulham
      Liverpool 0-0 West Ham

etc, etc, etc....

Back to this game. We played them at home last year, and it was a battle to get the win. They got a point at home to Chelsea last week and got points there and at City last season, so anyone who thought this was a straight forward three points needed a rethink.

I'll put Henderson's performance down to him playing against Sunderland. He still turns up at their games sitting with their fans, so it's bound to affect him.

As for the rest of them, their performances this season could be summed up by fans here quite simply.

Mignolet: sh*t
      Johnson: sh*t
      Lovren: sh*t
      Skrtel: sh*t
      Manquillo: sh*t
      Hendo: sh*t
      Allen: sh*t
      Can: sh*t
      Gerrard: sh*t
      Lallana: sh*t
      Coutinho: sh*t
      Markovic: sh*t
      Sterling: sh*t
      Borini: sh*t
      Lambert: sh*t
      Balotelli: sh*t

With all that around, maybe we should all upsticks and support Bayern Munich for the rest of the season.

You do realise 1/2 the team there is not sh*t right? Otherwise, we'll be at the foot of the table. The fault doesn't lies with the players, it has most probably got to do with the manager either deploying the wrongs tactics, unable to exploit the players strengths and/or wrong techniques in training.

Quick Reply