Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Liverpool vs Swansea City Pre match thread - 29th Dec Sky Sports 1 KO 8pm GMT

Read 6830 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Liverpool vs Swansea City Pre match thread - 29th Dec Sky Sports 1 KO 8pm GMT
      Reply #46: Dec 29, 2014 07:35:07 am
                    Enrique
      Manq, Toure, Sakho, Moreno
                 Can   Hendo
                   Coutinho/Sterling
         Lallana   Borini   Markovic

Still prefer 4 at the back and still believe Borini is the better option as a striker.

Enrique in goal.    :lmao:

Keep taking the tablets mate, you'll feel better soon
                                          :lmao:

YNWA

Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Re: Liverpool vs Swansea City Pre match thread - 29th Dec Sky Sports 1 KO 8pm GMT
      Reply #47: Dec 29, 2014 07:36:17 am
      Todays game is massive with yesterdays results going the way they did which is exactly what we needed... A series of draws for the teams above us was great - only Arsenal got a win (I swear Wenger is like a cat with 9 lives when it comes to getting 4th place).

We are 8 points off 4th and 9 off 3rd with a game in hand. If that goes to 5 points and 6 points respectively then we are actually in a better place than I would have hoped for. Especially as next week we have bottom of the table Leicester and most of the teams above us again play each other or tough games (Arsenal v Southampton, Chelsea v Spurs, Utd v Stoke). A great chance to turn todays 9 point gap into next weeks 3 point gap...

We need a win tonight - no questions about it...

I am surprised at some of the line ups posted on here - players out of position (left back in goal for someone's team with no questions asked) and midfielders in defence etc. Not the way forward, and we cannot piss and moan if BR follows that formula to a loss. We have been playing a lot better and I would expect him to start with the same team he has in the last few games with a few minor tweaks. For me its;

Migs / Jones

Sakho     Skrtle      Toure

Lazar       Lukas     Gerrard    Hendo

Couthino                 Lallana

Sterling

What I would refer to as the Christmas Tree formation (do they still call it that?) and over the last week or so it has been working for us pretty well. We actually look a lot better since getting beaten at Utd - the performance against Arsenal was great and games like Burnley we were losing earlier in the season.

A win tonight makes BR more like Wenger in the cat has 9 lives theory - and puts us right back in the mix. By the 10th of Jan we could be joint 4th and that my friends would start to heap pressure on other teams around us..!                 

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #48: Dec 29, 2014 08:02:42 am
      A pivotal game...
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #49: Dec 29, 2014 10:09:47 am
      Somehow I hope this is a rumour that won't come true. They are most likely gonna play a lone striker. So let's just go with a standard back 4. Can should definitely get a start, and Lucas doesn't deserve one after his last outing. Markovic needs game time. He had a pretty dismal outing last time but he seems to be starting to settle in and I wouldn't interrupt that.

That is most likely a standard back-4, rather than a 3-4-3

Mignolet
      Manquillo-Skrtel-Sakho-Moreno
      Can-Lucas
      Lallana-Henderson-Coutinho
      Sterling

None of the guys deserve a start after the last outing. But we need to field 11, don't we? Stevie isn't exactly sparkling and cant play 3 games in a week. Allen is injured, who do you wanna start alongside Can? We could push Hendo back, move Coutinho to the middle and start Markovic. But the latter has good pace, something that could be exploited in the last 30 mins against Williams and Rangel.

The most likely subs in the game would be Stevie for Lucas, Markovic for Lallana and Mario/Borini for Coutinho. Sterling would probably start the Leicester game from the bench
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #50: Dec 29, 2014 10:15:14 am
      Beat them by 3 to go above them into 8th. Mouth watering prospect.
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,637 posts | 130 
      Reply #51: Dec 29, 2014 10:20:36 am

Migs / Jones

Sakho     Skrtle      Toure

Lazar       Lukas     Gerrard    Hendo

Sterling

What I would refer to as the Christmas Tree formation (do they still call it that?) and over the last week or so it has been working for us pretty well. We actually look a lot better since getting beaten at Utd - the performance against Arsenal was great and games like Burnley we were losing earlier in the season.

A win tonight makes BR more like Wenger in the cat has 9 lives theory - and puts us right back in the mix. By the 10th of Jan we could be joint 4th and that my friends would start to heap pressure on other teams around us..!                 

Excatly would I have been thinking! Under these circumstances the formation and selection of players is the best we can do! Means we shouldn't alter the formation! As much as I would love to see Can in the starting 11, it also means another change and what we need is stability.

We played sh*t for the most part of the season. We cannot change that over night, but what we can do is manage to get points from this ugly performances!

Lets win this match! 3 points is all what matters to me right now!
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #52: Dec 29, 2014 11:08:10 am
      Nothing less than 3 points tonight!

Wish our manager and certain players would do less talking, Mignolet the latest now.

Do the talking on the pitch!
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #53: Dec 29, 2014 12:12:07 pm
                             Migs

Can     Skrtle      Sakho

Lazar       Lucas     Hendo     Moreno

Sterling
      That would be my line up for tonight.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #54: Dec 29, 2014 01:24:04 pm
      Thank goodness we're back to wearing red, i wonder who is that idiot that came up with all yellow, we bloody has no character in that. At least have the shorts in black or Blue. I hate that all yellow strip. I'm now starting to blame everything for our poor performance. 
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 524 posts |
      Reply #55: Dec 29, 2014 02:42:07 pm
      win this and Leicester at home next and we're back in the top 4 dog fight
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #56: Dec 29, 2014 02:48:15 pm
      Gotta give this a go.

Migs

Skrtl     Toure    Sakho

Can     Lucas

Llalana        Couts       Markovic

Sterling

Only 3 more days until we can look for a new keeper...sooooooooooooo agonising watching Migs.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #57: Dec 29, 2014 02:50:41 pm
      -------------------------------Jones

------------------Can---------Lovren------Sahko
      Johnson-------------------------------------------------Enrique
      ------------------------Henderson---Lucas
      Markovic------------------------------------------------Coutinho

-------------------------------Sterling

Stevie on the bench as I don't think he's got the legs to play in every match around this time of year.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #58: Dec 29, 2014 02:51:50 pm
      Gotta give this a go.

Migs

Skrtl     Toure    Sakho

Can     Lucas

Llalana        Couts       Markovic

Sterling

Only 3 more days until we can look for a new keeper...sooooooooooooo agonising watching Migs.

It may look like we have 10 men sometimes but I assure you there are 11 out there ;)
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #59: Dec 29, 2014 03:06:46 pm

I think he should be dropped but it takes big balls to do that when you are already under pressure as a manager.

You would only have to imagine the uproar from the usual bellends if we didn't get the result.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #60: Dec 29, 2014 03:10:44 pm
      It may look like we have 10 men sometimes but I assure you there are 11 out there ;)

You win this round sir haha :)

I want to add Hendo to that midfield on right wing, but I really don't think his form deserves it, so I'll go ahead and add Lambert alongside Sterling. He's certainly done more than Borini and Balo to deserve a start. Though it pains me to have such lack of options for good strikers.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #61: Dec 29, 2014 05:39:13 pm
      Due to what's gone before with the other results, this has certainly become a must win game.
      Don't care how, or by how many, just go and win it.
      One off sterlings  arse in the 93rd minute will do just fine.
      Can't remember a more mportant single game, regards our seasons progress than this one.
      Come on you red men! Gone for 2:1 and it won't be easy.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #62: Dec 29, 2014 06:17:15 pm
      I dread Monday night football, we always seem to struggle!
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,352 posts | 1631 
      Reply #63: Dec 29, 2014 06:37:08 pm
      I just pray we dont perform tonight as we did against Burnley otherwise there is going to be a smacked arse on the horizon  ffs fellas put a bit of pride in wearing that shirt , just give us 100%  thats all we ask , oh and a flukey fckin goal if necessary .
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #64: Dec 29, 2014 06:51:09 pm
      I dread Monday night football, we always seem to struggle!
      Has anyone got any stats on our Monday night results over the last couple of seasons ?

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #65: Dec 29, 2014 07:02:39 pm
      The team leaked by Chats has been confirmed.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #66: Dec 29, 2014 07:05:57 pm

Quick Reply