Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match

Mignolet
      1 (1.1%)
      Johnson
      0 (0%)
      Skrtel
      2 (2.2%)
      Lovren
      2 (2.2%)
      Enrique
      0 (0%)
      Lucas
      8 (8.7%)
      Allen
      0 (0%)
      Sterling
      10 (10.9%)
      Gerrard
      55 (59.8%)
      Henderson
      1 (1.1%)
      Lambert
      0 (0%)
      Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Markovic
      12 (13%)
      Coutinho
      1 (1.1%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Liverpool 1:1 FC Basel. In game & post match discussion.

Read 48758 times
      Nene
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts |
      Re: Liverpool 1:1 FC Basel. In game & post match discussion.
      Reply #943: Dec 10, 2014 10:24:59 pm
      Purposely didn't post last night as the head was all over the place and Ive purposely not read any post in this thread yet until I get my rant in...Where to start?

WHAT A LOAD OF COCK. that's where ill start.

To wait until we did to have a go against Basel is a disgrace. First half please someone tell me what we were at? What was the plan? What was Brendan thinking in his selection? Enrique Mr one foot gives the team nothing, Allen Lucas and Henderson as the middle 3. Cant fault Lucas workrate but hes useless with the ball. Again Hendo works his socks off but his touch last night was poor. What does Allen actually do? Why has Can been dropped? Stevie, feel for him. He cant dictate games as he once did but hes surrounded by weakness who wont take it upon themselves to step into his shoes

Thought Tickie was harsh done by unless injured. Sterling God at 20 hes our go to man, really! Why did he try to play in Stevie instead of shooting himself, he was in on goal!!

Mignolet. For the umpteenth time good shot stopper but Jesus Christ can he not kick out of his hands or kick long? Rolling every ball out to a defence with neither the ability or confidence to take the ball. God almighty

Skrtel looked better up front. Lovern actually looked better then previous but still not up to it. Johnson was 1of our better players and that's saying something. Coutinho looked bright when he came in but why not start? Markovic was very lively what the ref was up to. He was a joke

Overall we were poor in everything we done but for a few minutes from the end. Had we won it would have been a travesty and covered over the cracks

Change needed. Our players are not mentally strong enough and I now doubt the manager is either. Haven't been as down about things since Hodgson. Anger is also an overwhelming feeling. How can Liverpool players be that bad week in week out game in game out. 1 win from 6 games in the champions league and that was thanks to a dodgy peno call in the last minute

Fear for Sunday as I expect the same players in the same formation to play the same crap again

Be interesting to see how many of the above posts have positives in them as really there isn't any
      +1000000
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #944: Dec 10, 2014 10:27:14 pm
      You're such a child. Grow up

Everyone has an opinion and a right to be upset

You're there hurling insults at anyone that feels Brendan should be sacked.

Little boy, it doesn't make you a bigger or better fan.

Have a look back at your last 10 posts and I look very mature.

Still didn't answer the question.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,153 posts | 1284 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #945: Dec 10, 2014 10:30:47 pm
      I'm not sure that it's the size of the squad that is the issue I think it's the imbalance of it.

I was watching our summer business go on and was slightly perplexed by of at the time, I tend not to say much about transfers or potential deals as I prefer to see what they are like when they get here and how they settle in, but when signings are made I tend to have an idea of 'how' they will fit and were they will play. This summer I scratched my head and even said about the odd one, such as Markovic for example that I don't see where he gets his playing time, it's almost as if the club signed him because of how highly he is rated and that long term he 'could' be world class.. But if a player doesn't play and I didn't see where he did with the other options we have in his role then they can't develop, they tend to go backwards in development and confidence and they inevitably fail..

Brendan has got a lot of questions to answer currently about the set up and his use of the squad and I'm starting to think that he is repeating mistakes.. However I'm struggling to say who is signing the players..

Now I know some will say head final say, and that he has stated things along those lines buthe won't say anything else publicly and is careful how he words certain things.
      Recently he has said things like "the club decided he was the best option"
      A couple of times regarding the keeper.

The way I look at it is why would he unbalance his squad so much, why sign players that don't suit that style that back him into a corner and make him look daft.. Why sign two target men when you don't suit a target man? It makesno sense, why sign kids like Markovic when you have so many other options in front of him in his natural position?

I genuinely think he gets certain players he wants but has others 'put to him'

I said yesterday that we know we have a way of doing transfers, it's for the main part younger players with potential to develop into stars, and to counter the off experienced player who is past their best and certainly not at the peak of their powers, mostly coming here on the downward slope of their career and on reduced wages from their peak..
      So realistically who is pushing that? The manager? Or the club?

The one direct person brought in by the club that there is no question about is the manager who is young and yet at his peak, with the potential to become great.. Had the owners brought in an established world class manager then he decided he wanted to do what we are doing then you couldn't put it on the owners but where we are, who they brought in it leaves me with little doubt..
      If they sacked Brendan I have no doubt they bring in another manager in the same mould. So if we know that's their vision for the manager it's safe to thinks it's their vision for the playing staff.

I don't think had the manager had full control of transfers we would end up with a completely unbalanced hard to work squad..

We have no striker of note, I have been to games this season where you see a quick footed sharp minded player in the middle of the park drop a should look up and there is nothing, one stationary striker who is touch marked, so they turn in again and the quickness of the attack is gone..
      Yes we have been unfortunate with Danny's injuries, but Luis going, why the f**k end up with two immobile cart horses even as back up to him? Every player in our wide positions or midfield naturally looks for the movement between the lines or the full backs, the strikers pushing their defence back to allow runners? Yet they have no options, those two up front are so slow with such lack of movement the defence pushes them up, the midfield gets congested and they have no pace in behind..
      The manager said no chance on Balotelli and we ended up with him.. You know what I believed him, I don't think he wanted him but because we want that perfect moneyball signing we ran out of options and he ended up here, we lose Danny and are left with two strikers who are utterly ill suited to the rest of our squad..

Whoever designed the summers transfer business should be sacked this morning, the club will know who it was, if it was the manager he should go, but I don't believe it was, that old saying too many cooks spoil the broth, that's what's happened here, we were in a perfect position to push on this summer and the club has fu**ed that chance up well and truly.

Yes the manager has questions to answer but I tell you what he hasn't been helped, our squad isn't too big it's just unbalanced and short in key areas and swelled in others

Complete and utter f**k up by the entire 'company'

They still expect us to fork out 50 quid a week though to watch their inadequacy

Excellent post PD.

Regardless of who selects and brings in our signings i have just one thing to say. I was talking with one of my mates this morning about it.

When Brendan arrived here he made it clear to Andy Carroll that he did not suit our new philosophy and promptly shipped him out.

Roll on 2 Seasons and Brendan goes out and buys Lambert. Now if i'm thinking right here then Brendan has dropped one major bollock letting Andy go and i think he realises this.

Food for thought? Please digest.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #946: Dec 10, 2014 10:34:24 pm
      when Roy Evans has a pop you know your fu**ed the man is so loyal .its a two to one vote for him to go now after last nights match.
      We are treading water watching the lifeboat sail off into the distance and the sharks (press) are gathering.Only a good win will do now on Sunday
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #947: Dec 10, 2014 10:36:10 pm
      Excellent post PD.

Regardless of who selects and brings in our signings i have just one thing to say. I was talking with one of my mates this morning about it.

When Brendan arrived here he made it clear to Andy Carroll that he did not suit our new philosophy and promptly shipped him out.

Roll on 2 Seasons and Brendan goes out and buys Lambert. Now if i'm thinking right here then Brendan has dropped one major bollock letting Andy go and i think he realises this.

Food for thought? Please digest.

Something I pointed out a while ago about Carol not being suitable and then he buys not one but two big CF.
      It looks like he makes it up on the hoof and he has been caught out but if he goes god only knows who the muppets will appoint
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #948: Dec 10, 2014 10:36:37 pm
      i feel sorry for SG
      when he scored u could see how much does that means to the cap
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,153 posts | 1284 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #949: Dec 10, 2014 10:43:53 pm
      Brendan has a problem managing a large squad, I think.

He is spoilt for choice and therefore tend to get players strength on the pitch mixed up.

It saddens me when the man leading the attack is an almost tired Lambert, and you have a younger and faster Borini cooling his heels at home or somewhere, not being useful.

I think spoiled for choice is laying it on a bit thick there sir.

Spoiled for choice would indicate having at least 2 players in each position that are worthy of first team places, that is not the case i'm afraid.

Brendan needs to snap out of this situation right now.

The answer is simple, f**k Pascoe out and get a new right hand man in, a man who can actually contribute something. Pascoe is not the kind of man to tell Brendan to change.

He'll just keep nodding his head like the F***ing Churchill dog, smiling and picking up the biggest wage cheques he's ever had in his life while Brendan continues to falter.

Get a defence coach in and allow him to alleviate some of the pressure that Brendan is under, but Pascoe has got to go.

Oh yes...............
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #950: Dec 10, 2014 11:24:21 pm
      When you think that back in April the team coach was arriving at home matches to Beatlemania..Flags , Banners, Coloured smoke, Singing and Chanting... and that was going on outside the ground !!!!.. there's a few vids of the team coach coming down Anfield rd shot on mobile before the Man City game flying round that looks just unbelievable...

Most, if not all of last season we we're getting in our seats an hour before kick off and making a noise !! so when the opposition came out in to the stadium they quite simply sh*t themselves....
      We steamrolled almost every team that entered Anfield................. ..........8 months ago...

Sterlings finishing has gone all fluffily and soft.....
      What has happened to the player that was scoring goals for a laugh not so long ago..
      I can remember him scoring all 5 goals in an under 18's game at Anfield.. think is was against the scum as well..
      He was smashing them in week after week.. that's why he leap frogged in to the 1st team squad wasn't it?
      He scored some proper belters for us last season...Norwich away...
      So WTF is he being told to do at Melwood?... What are they all being told to do at Melwood?..We'll never know..
      Has Skrtel been told never to shoot on goal from distance?...
      Hs Mignolet been told not to boot the ball up field?
      What is BR thinking and telling these "Great Players"(as our Cryptic Captain Steven Gerrard told us in his post match chat) at Melwood day after day after day after day?....

We're told Lucas is going in January..
      He plays him..
      Lucas,since he has started, plays his solid "Kuyt" like performance as we know he will do...and he's good at it..!
      Then BR tells everyone he's not for sale..

You look at that picture on our home page of BR stood before kick off with the bench lads behind him and tell me why 4 playmakers are sat there... Lallana, Can, Couthino and Moreno..

Make no F***ing bones about it Basle did their homework..and they exploited the true shitness of Glen Johnson all night long.. and Enrique..dead wood them pair....

Is it true we could play Everton in the Europa?..

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #951: Dec 10, 2014 11:32:18 pm
       Lambert cost loose change and was only supposed to be a sub/backup. So sure, that didn't go according to plan.

Carroll wouldn't have fit last season, and brought in relatively big money (though nowhere near what we spent/wasted), nobody missed him when he went. We really going rose tinted on the pony-tailed one ?!?!  ??? Has been injured most of this season for Alerdici. Like Downing, does well at 'smaller' clubs - out of the kind of spotlight at LFC.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #952: Dec 10, 2014 11:33:43 pm
      Lambert cost loose change and was only supposed to be a sub/backup. So sure, that didn't go according to plan.

Carroll wouldn't have fit last season, and brought in relatively big money (though nowhere near what we spent/wasted), nobody missed him when he went. We really going rose tinted on the pony-tailed one ?!?!  ??? Has been injured most of this season for Alerdici. Like Downing, does well at 'smaller' clubs - out of the kind of spotlight at LFC.

Apparently we should've kept Carroll because he was great all along. Reina was a top goalie when we sold him, Agger a reliable defender. Today is national "in denial" day.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #953: Dec 11, 2014 01:39:11 am
      i feel sorry for SG
      when he scored u could see how much does that means to the cap

Agreed.

He probably knew that would be his last CL game and what a wonderful goal to finish his career with.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #954: Dec 11, 2014 10:49:58 am
      Well you won't see a stranger one than Skrtel playing up front as a lone striker.
       Thought I must have fallen asleep and was f**king dreaming !

Absolutely right. Lololol. As if Skrtel trying to tell BR, if you fookers don't know how to attack the goal let me show you the fast and direct way.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #955: Dec 11, 2014 02:47:43 pm
      Purposely didn't post last night as the head was all over the place and Ive purposely not read any post in this thread yet until I get my rant in...Where to start?

WHAT A LOAD OF COCK. that's where ill start.

To wait until we did to have a go against Basel is a disgrace. First half please someone tell me what we were at? What was the plan? What was Brendan thinking in his selection? Enrique Mr one foot gives the team nothing, Allen Lucas and Henderson as the middle 3. Cant fault Lucas workrate but hes useless with the ball. Again Hendo works his socks off but his touch last night was poor. What does Allen actually do? Why has Can been dropped? Stevie, feel for him. He cant dictate games as he once did but hes surrounded by weakness who wont take it upon themselves to step into his shoes

Thought Tickie was harsh done by unless injured. Sterling God at 20 hes our go to man, really! Why did he try to play in Stevie instead of shooting himself, he was in on goal!!

Mignolet. For the umpteenth time good shot stopper but Jesus Christ can he not kick out of his hands or kick long? Rolling every ball out to a defence with neither the ability or confidence to take the ball. God almighty

Skrtel looked better up front. Lovern actually looked better then previous but still not up to it. Johnson was 1of our better players and that's saying something. Coutinho looked bright when he came in but why not start? Markovic was very lively what the ref was up to. He was a joke

Overall we were poor in everything we done but for a few minutes from the end. Had we won it would have been a travesty and covered over the cracks

Change needed. Our players are not mentally strong enough and I now doubt the manager is either. Haven't been as down about things since Hodgson. Anger is also an overwhelming feeling. How can Liverpool players be that bad week in week out game in game out. 1 win from 6 games in the champions league and that was thanks to a dodgy peno call in the last minute

Fear for Sunday as I expect the same players in the same formation to play the same crap again

Be interesting to see how many of the above posts have positives in them as really there isn't any

;D positives,like u said,there isnt any,and to amke things worse i think we arent gonna play any bether in the europa league

Quick Reply