Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Villa [Premier League] Sat 11th Dec @ 3:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 8th of December and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W10 D2 L8

Is The NHS Dead And Buried

Read 14921 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,541 posts | 677 
      Re: Is The NHS Dead And Buried
      Reply #175: Dec 19, 2019 06:30:45 pm
      Be under no illusion the last labour regime cut just as much as the tories in fact that particular regime , got rid of our hospital the one I was born in , in such a way id like to string the sneaky cu*ts responsible up for it , in fact under them tiers of management grew instead of tiers of nurses and doctors , , a lot of the nhs problems stem from the amount of money syphoned off to management , it needs seriously re addressing , do I think the tories will fix it honestly no , but if we’re going to beat the tories with a stick let’s not pretend that labour are whiter than white , I hope labour has had the kick up the arse it deserved and they seriously get their house in order , this country needs them but it needs them to put their house in order big time before they get trusted again .

Biggest mistake Labour made was with the so called Private Finance Intiative. Basically private finance built the hospital and leased
      then back to the the health boards. Saddled the NHS with massive bills. About £12b was the build cost with a return north of £75B. Massive profit.

Funding wise Labour put in consistently year on year over 4%.The Tories cut that to just over 1%. But under the Tories privatisation has rocketed and will continue. The Tories will continue to underfund it.They will shout out headlines like.."£40b increase"...etc....then will quickly say.."Over the next 5 years . It will lead to an NHS that is not fit for purpose and slowly but surely people will buy up Health Insurance to get better service...then your on the road to full privatisation.
      « Last Edit: Dec 19, 2019 06:37:22 pm by Harrisimo »
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,673 posts | 495 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #176: Dec 19, 2019 08:37:49 pm
      Just had double pneumonia in September went to the doctors who just put me on antibiotics but no X-ray saving money, ended up in hospital, stayed in for 5 days come out felt better but not right within 3 weeks back in again with the same I'm allergic to penecillin, the last time I took it I was violently ill, but doctor recommended I have it intreviniously iwas ok after it but sent me home with tablets, 30 min after discharge guess what happened, rung the hospital and they washed there hands of me, violently ill must have filled buckets, luckily my son who is a pharmacist phoned and said he would sort it met him in A and E where he told them I had been discharged less tha 12 hours and told them to put me back on the ward which they did and ended in the bed I had left, my sons girlfriend took on of the bowls full of spew and accidentally spilt it on the staff nurses deask who wouldn't help me on the phone. The doctor on the Ward gave me anti sickness tablets while I'm throwing up nurse said if I take them then I could not have any more, ended arguing with her till see got the doctor to give me an injection which stopped the sickness, seen the consultant next day who had a weed on because my son said the ward would get fined for discharging me early, went to see the consultant a month latter his opening comment was stopped being sick..... shocking treatment the NHS is in a mess
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1960 
      Reply #177: Dec 19, 2019 08:37:51 pm
      No one messes with the Beast of Bolsover.

Sad that he lost his seat to a tory. Hope hes keeping well!
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,541 posts | 677 
      Reply #178: Dec 19, 2019 10:21:54 pm

Keir Hardie will be turning in his grave..
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,752 posts | 3574 
      Reply #179: Dec 20, 2019 12:29:32 am

I’m sure he is gutted that the working class of this country have eventually taken up what the witch wanted as her lasting legacy.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 27,344 posts | 4191 
      Reply #180: Dec 20, 2019 01:09:06 am
      I’m sure he is gutted that the working class of this country have eventually taken up what the witch wanted as her lasting legacy.

Still can’t get my noggin around it...
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1960 
      Reply #181: Dec 20, 2019 02:35:57 am

Very sad. Country has lost its pride in itself in many working class seats. This was one of the ugliest examples.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 27,344 posts | 4191 
      Reply #182: Dec 20, 2019 06:53:24 pm
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #183: Jan 02, 2020 07:53:25 pm
      Very sad. Country has lost its pride in itself in many working class seats. This was one of the ugliest examples.

If you can deselect a politician like Frank Field to says an awful lot about the state of politics in the UK. Shame on every t@@t who voted Torie. I have the same distain for the ideologs in Momentum.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,541 posts | 677 
      Reply #184: Apr 04, 2020 01:06:19 pm
      I'm sure plenty have had poor treatment by the NHS but now is the time to stand by them and offer as much support as we can muster. They are literally the front line against the virus. Putting their lives on the line on every shift, not to mention the external implied threat to their own families.

It's going to be an ongoing battle, lets hope the politicians make sure the NHS workers get the maximum PPE they need to keep safe and minimise the risks.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52140383

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 33,770 posts | 5848 
      Reply #185: Apr 11, 2020 11:12:56 am
      How ironic this thread feels now!!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,977 posts | 3119 
      • I Love My A.M.G.
      Reply #186: May 19, 2020 10:29:12 pm
      I live on the border of a very wealthy area, I've been offered appointments within the hour before. Not so much in the poorer parts of Bristol that I've lived in, been a week or longer.

You got any NHS walk-ins in your part of Brum?

Feel better soon.

Down in da jungle of Knowle West
      There is a girl who fight da best

Its frigid Brigid of Irish extraction
      Pinch her bum and watch her reaction.

Ex girlfriend of mine many moons back.

Brum ?   No but drive bys in Ladywood.   ;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 34,699 posts | 3593 
      Reply #187: May 24, 2020 04:15:44 pm
      How ironic this thread feels now!!

Disaster waiting to happen, irrespective the bas**rds are still committed to dismantling the NHS.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 34,699 posts | 3593 
      Reply #188: May 24, 2020 05:18:21 pm
      I'm sure plenty have had poor treatment by the NHS but now is the time to stand by them and offer as much support as we can muster. They are literally the front line against the virus. Putting their lives on the line on every shift, not to mention the external implied threat to their own families.

It's going to be an ongoing battle, lets hope the politicians make sure the NHS workers get the maximum PPE they need to keep safe and minimise the risks.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52140383

As ever the Tories piss all over the NHS.
      Cummings pisses all over the lockdown advice put in place to protect front line individuals and the General public.
      Boris the clown backs Cummings.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 27,344 posts | 4191 
      Reply #189: May 24, 2020 06:09:50 pm
      At the same time you need to ask the question of why Blair cut 26,000 hospital beds and embarked on the largest privatisation of the nhs in history, add that to the cuts Osborne made its not a recipe for success. Successive governments have failed to fund adequately and is still short.

Mate, Blair was a Red Tory, end off.. Had Corbyn been in power the money would have flooded into the NHS...

& before you ask where the magic money tree is.. it’s appeared during the COVID-19 lockdown.. furlough, business grants, local rates grants.. etc etc..
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 27,344 posts | 4191 
      Reply #190: May 24, 2020 07:06:25 pm
      Actually under Corbyn Labour there would have been a 7 billion black hole as under Johnson. I think until politicians are honest with the country and say taxes need to go up it won’t be properly funded. Unfortunately they think it’s not a vote winner, I’m not so sure, they underestimate the intelligence of the public. Other countries do it. It’s no coincidence that the Scandinavian countries have the highest standard of living.

Well Corbyn & McDonnell wanted you raise taxes for the rich & those over a certain amount, (£80,000)..? Wanted to tax the corporations but you backed the Tories purely on xenophobic rhetoric about the EU.. simple..

You could ask any member of joe public if they would be happy with a tax increase to fund the NHS & you’ll get a resounding YES..

Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 27,344 posts | 4191 
      Reply #191: May 24, 2020 07:23:40 pm
      Yes it was unfortunate that they f*cked up on the Brexit issue and lost millions of voters.

Forced to adopt the 2nd referendum by Starmer & the rest of the Blairites..

Only way to stop a Labour government under Corbyn ...

McNicol, his wife , other senior Labor Officials,Labour Friends of Israel, Board of Jewish Deputies  the Intelligence services & the bullshit anti semitism all played their role into stopping Corbyn..

I bet all those who voted Johnson are regretting it now.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 27,344 posts | 4191 
      Reply #192: May 24, 2020 07:29:16 pm
      At least Starmer got what he wanted. Where is he anyway?

On the fence.. the c**t.. with the rest of them who I mentioned in my previous post..

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 34,699 posts | 3593 
      Reply #193: May 24, 2020 07:46:24 pm
      Forced to adopt the 2nd referendum by Starmer & the rest of the Blairites..

Only way to stop a Labour government under Corbyn ...

McNicol, his wife , other senior Labor Officials,Labour Friends of Israel, Board of Jewish Deputies  the Intelligence services & the bullshit anti semitism all played their role into stopping Corbyn..

I bet all those who voted Johnson are regretting it now.

You talk some sh*t.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 27,344 posts | 4191 
      Reply #194: May 24, 2020 07:48:18 pm

Ah the fat boy little Tory Englander ...touched a nerve about you’re  Blue Labour..?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 34,699 posts | 3593 
      Reply #195: May 25, 2020 08:54:28 am
      Ah the fat boy little Tory Englander ...touched a nerve about you’re  Blue Labour..?

Still talking sh*t, you are incapable of any coherent, unbiased comment that does not fit your affected mindset.
      Why the hell are these elitist, lying bas**rds still in power after f**king up gloriously for decades?
      People like you splitting the opposition with Neanderthal policies that allow a party now led by a fool to govern.
      You just keep on talking sh*t, in effect you are the Tory's greatest asset.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 27,344 posts | 4191 
      Reply #196: Aug 23, 2020 11:52:29 pm
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 27,344 posts | 4191 
      Reply #197: Mar 05, 2021 06:39:13 pm
      1% pay rise... slap in the face..

Yeah, let’s clap for the NHS staff but let’s not pay them what they deserves..

This government is f**king horrible..
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 33,770 posts | 5848 
      Reply #198: Mar 05, 2021 07:05:51 pm
      1% pay rise... slap in the face..

Yeah, let’s clap for the NHS staff but let’s not pay them what they deserves..

This government is f**king horrible..

Not exactly a shock is it? Could of told you way back at the start of this sh*te when Boris was leading the clapping this is what would happen.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 27,344 posts | 4191 
      Reply #199: Mar 05, 2021 07:10:30 pm
      Not exactly a shock is it? Could of told you way back at the start of this sh*te when Boris was leading the clapping this is what would happen.

Expected, but you would think that after all that’s gone on they would be rewarded a better raise...

Quick Reply