Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Tue 16th Jun @ 8:00 pm
      Goodison Park

Today is the 2nd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D0 L1

Is The NHS Dead And Buried

Read 9137 times
      Roddenberry
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,357 posts | 1751 
      Re: Is The NHS Dead And Buried
      Reply #175: Dec 19, 2019 11:47:34 am
      Can’t get a doctors appointment, been told they are fully booked till 3rd Jan & to call back after the 3rd... if I make it..😡

I live on the border of a very wealthy area, I've been offered appointments within the hour before. Not so much in the poorer parts of Bristol that I've lived in, been a week or longer.

You got any NHS walk-ins in your part of Brum?

Feel better soon.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #176: Dec 19, 2019 12:06:45 pm
      Can’t get a doctors appointment, been told they are fully booked till 3rd Jan & to call back after the 3rd... if I make it..😡

Sorry to hear that Shabs. That is ridiculous and you can bet, as Roddenberry noted, that you wouldn't have to stand for that if you lived in a wealthy suburb/region of the country.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,381 posts | 2163 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #177: Dec 19, 2019 12:20:16 pm
      Sorry to hear that Shabs. That is ridiculous and you can bet, as Roddenberry noted, that you wouldn't have to stand for that if you lived in a wealthy suburb/region of the country.

It's getting more and more ridiculous. Having to get a doctor to assess you over the phone before you can book an appointment. My doctor's surgery is meant to be open to 5 but forget it after 3.30 because there is no reply. Friends phone up for an appointment not knowing where they would have to go if they got one.
      andylfcynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,982 posts | 999 
      Reply #178: Dec 19, 2019 03:49:40 pm
      The "focus" on the NHS highlights the deplorable state of the institution thanks to the ongoing sabotage by this government who are committed to privatizing as much as they can get away with.
      The continual cuts in the NHS dictate that the professionals who soldier on to provide free treatment are placed under ever increasing pressure, the majority of consultants as an example have private practices but also do NHS work as well and many criticise the Tory wrecking of the service.
      Nurses too are under a tremendous work load with cuts reducing their numbers to unacceptable levels yet they too strive to give the best service possible.

Politicians and the media would be roundly condemned if they sought to blame anyone but the government for the deplorable state of the NHS.

As a footnote after some shitty luck in the last two years and several spells in hospital I fell and broke my hip and had a replacement procedure  in the Royal, the hospital is behind schedule to close and move to a new location, also behind schedule following the Tory appointed builder going bankrupt. I digress, the Royal itself is a shadow of it's former self and the reception area more like St John's Market than a hospital and that smell of strong cleanliness is noticeable by it's absence.
      The moral of the story is I developed sepsis as a result of bad hygiene and it f**king near killed me.

Only blame is down to those same cuts by this government, only a Tory would seek to lay the blame elsewhere.
      Be under no illusion the last labour regime cut just as much as the tories in fact that particular regime , got rid of our hospital the one I was born in , in such a way id like to string the sneaky cu*ts responsible up for it , in fact under them tiers of management grew instead of tiers of nurses and doctors , , a lot of the nhs problems stem from the amount of money syphoned off to management , it needs seriously re addressing , do I think the tories will fix it honestly no , but if we’re going to beat the tories with a stick let’s not pretend that labour are whiter than white , I hope labour has had the kick up the arse it deserved and they seriously get their house in order , this country needs them but it needs them to put their house in order big time before they get trusted again .
      andylfcynwa

• 7,982 posts | 999 
      Reply #179: Dec 19, 2019 03:54:55 pm
      We’ve had that situation for years , walk in and demand to be seen Shabs they have an obligation to fit you in and see you , I needed blood tests done few weeks back was told roughly same as you , I had to have them done in a certain time frame , bit of a talking to and they found an appointment .
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,376 posts | 3274 
      Reply #180: Dec 19, 2019 04:22:47 pm
      We’ve had that situation for years , walk in and demand to be seen Shabs they have an obligation to fit you in and see you , I needed blood tests done few weeks back was told roughly same as you , I had to have them done in a certain time frame , bit of a talking to and they found an appointment .

Tried everything mate, the receptionist lives around the corner & she couldn’t help...My GP has just taken on another surgery in Moseley.. I’m thinking you can’t offer the service to your current patients & your taking on probably 5,000 more..

LFCexiled
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,405 posts | 1246 
      • Lazarus of LFC
      Reply #181: Dec 19, 2019 04:32:14 pm
      The government wouldn't be able to privatise it - they'd be voted out as soon as they could be.

That comment hasn't aged well.

And lest said about this the better:

And the next government would reinstate it anyway

LFCexiled
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,405 posts | 1246 
      • Lazarus of LFC
      Reply #182: Dec 19, 2019 04:32:49 pm

What's up Shabs?
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,376 posts | 3274 
      Reply #183: Dec 19, 2019 04:45:16 pm

Lower back pain, kidney area, lower abdominal pain with a heavy feeling & groin..

Drinking plenty water but can’t shake this pain off, had it 2 weeks and thought I could work it off but at times I struggle to roll out of bed with these aches..

What you prescribing.. 😎
      LFCexiled
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,405 posts | 1246 
      • Lazarus of LFC
      Reply #184: Dec 19, 2019 05:16:27 pm
      Lower back pain, kidney area, lower abdominal pain with a heavy feeling & groin..

Drinking plenty water but can’t shake this pain off, had it 2 weeks and thought I could work it off but at times I struggle to roll out of bed with these aches..

What you prescribing.. 😎

Couldn't that be gall stones?

As for my prescription, normally I'd prescribe plenty of drugs or drink but I can't for you so I'm fu**ed, a bit like the NHS.

Whilst we're discussing illnesses and the NHS.

I was diagnosed with unstable angina on 23rd September, after a couple of bits to diagnose exactly what's going on I've got to go in on the 23rd December for a radiogram.

A three month wait with unstable angina, can you imagine how bad that's going to get over the next five years? People are going to be dropping like flies, not to worry though if you've got BUPA etc you can just jump that list and use NHS resources before us f**king peasants.

To that end, if you voted for the tories in the election, f**k you, f**k you, f**k, f**king, you.
      althebest1
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,075 posts | 387 
      Reply #185: Dec 19, 2019 06:15:37 pm
      Must be where people live, how populated, how the area is run etc.... I went online last night and got an appointment this morning.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,001 posts | 599 
      Reply #186: Dec 19, 2019 06:30:45 pm
      Be under no illusion the last labour regime cut just as much as the tories in fact that particular regime , got rid of our hospital the one I was born in , in such a way id like to string the sneaky cu*ts responsible up for it , in fact under them tiers of management grew instead of tiers of nurses and doctors , , a lot of the nhs problems stem from the amount of money syphoned off to management , it needs seriously re addressing , do I think the tories will fix it honestly no , but if we’re going to beat the tories with a stick let’s not pretend that labour are whiter than white , I hope labour has had the kick up the arse it deserved and they seriously get their house in order , this country needs them but it needs them to put their house in order big time before they get trusted again .

Biggest mistake Labour made was with the so called Private Finance Intiative. Basically private finance built the hospital and leased
      then back to the the health boards. Saddled the NHS with massive bills. About £12b was the build cost with a return north of £75B. Massive profit.

Funding wise Labour put in consistently year on year over 4%.The Tories cut that to just over 1%. But under the Tories privatisation has rocketed and will continue. The Tories will continue to underfund it.They will shout out headlines like.."£40b increase"...etc....then will quickly say.."Over the next 5 years . It will lead to an NHS that is not fit for purpose and slowly but surely people will buy up Health Insurance to get better service...then your on the road to full privatisation.
      « Last Edit: Dec 19, 2019 06:37:22 pm by Harrisimo »
      LFCexiled
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,405 posts | 1246 
      • Lazarus of LFC
      Reply #187: Dec 19, 2019 08:23:01 pm
      It will lead to an NHS that is not fit for purpose and slowly but surely people will buy up Health Insurance to get better service...then your on the road to full privatisation.

It's been the drip, drip effect for years.

Slowly make the public that pissed off with the service of the NHS that they'll be asking, begging you to sell them snake oil on a subscription just to see the back of it.
      tezmac

• 7,160 posts | 266 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #188: Dec 19, 2019 08:37:49 pm
      Just had double pneumonia in September went to the doctors who just put me on antibiotics but no X-ray saving money, ended up in hospital, stayed in for 5 days come out felt better but not right within 3 weeks back in again with the same I'm allergic to penecillin, the last time I took it I was violently ill, but doctor recommended I have it intreviniously iwas ok after it but sent me home with tablets, 30 min after discharge guess what happened, rung the hospital and they washed there hands of me, violently ill must have filled buckets, luckily my son who is a pharmacist phoned and said he would sort it met him in A and E where he told them I had been discharged less tha 12 hours and told them to put me back on the ward which they did and ended in the bed I had left, my sons girlfriend took on of the bowls full of spew and accidentally spilt it on the staff nurses deask who wouldn't help me on the phone. The doctor on the Ward gave me anti sickness tablets while I'm throwing up nurse said if I take them then I could not have any more, ended arguing with her till see got the doctor to give me an injection which stopped the sickness, seen the consultant next day who had a weed on because my son said the ward would get fined for discharging me early, went to see the consultant a month latter his opening comment was stopped being sick..... shocking treatment the NHS is in a mess
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,569 posts | 1586 
      Reply #189: Dec 19, 2019 08:37:51 pm
      No one messes with the Beast of Bolsover.

Sad that he lost his seat to a tory. Hope hes keeping well!
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,001 posts | 599 
      Reply #190: Dec 19, 2019 10:21:54 pm

Keir Hardie will be turning in his grave..
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,955 posts | 3130 
      Reply #191: Dec 20, 2019 12:29:32 am

I’m sure he is gutted that the working class of this country have eventually taken up what the witch wanted as her lasting legacy.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,376 posts | 3274 
      Reply #192: Dec 20, 2019 01:09:06 am
      I’m sure he is gutted that the working class of this country have eventually taken up what the witch wanted as her lasting legacy.

Still can’t get my noggin around it...
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,569 posts | 1586 
      Reply #193: Dec 20, 2019 02:35:57 am

Very sad. Country has lost its pride in itself in many working class seats. This was one of the ugliest examples.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,376 posts | 3274 
      Reply #194: Dec 20, 2019 06:53:24 pm
      LFCexiled
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,405 posts | 1246 
      • Lazarus of LFC
      Reply #195: Dec 23, 2019 06:51:51 pm
      I went in for my angiogram today, I said radiogram in my previous post but it was an angiogram.

I was talking to the fella in the bed next to me and he said his doctor had told him it was an 18 week wait for an angiogram so he paid 'a few hundred quid' to see the consultant last week and he was in getting his done with me today.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,274 posts | 37 
      Reply #196: Jan 02, 2020 07:53:25 pm
      Very sad. Country has lost its pride in itself in many working class seats. This was one of the ugliest examples.

If you can deselect a politician like Frank Field to says an awful lot about the state of politics in the UK. Shame on every t@@t who voted Torie. I have the same distain for the ideologs in Momentum.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,001 posts | 599 
      Reply #197: Apr 04, 2020 01:06:19 pm
      I'm sure plenty have had poor treatment by the NHS but now is the time to stand by them and offer as much support as we can muster. They are literally the front line against the virus. Putting their lives on the line on every shift, not to mention the external implied threat to their own families.

It's going to be an ongoing battle, lets hope the politicians make sure the NHS workers get the maximum PPE they need to keep safe and minimise the risks.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52140383

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,523 posts | 4349 
      Reply #198: Apr 11, 2020 11:12:56 am
      How ironic this thread feels now!!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,239 posts | 2730 
      • Beware The Second Wave
      Reply #199: May 19, 2020 10:29:12 pm
      I live on the border of a very wealthy area, I've been offered appointments within the hour before. Not so much in the poorer parts of Bristol that I've lived in, been a week or longer.

You got any NHS walk-ins in your part of Brum?

Feel better soon.

Down in da jungle of Knowle West
      There is a girl who fight da best

Its frigid Brigid of Irish extraction
      Pinch her bum and watch her reaction.

Ex girlfriend of mine many moons back.

Brum ?   No but drive bys in Ladywood.   ;D

Quick Reply