Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Europa League

Read 14529 times
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Re: Europa League
      Reply #138: Dec 16, 2014 04:50:50 pm
      anyhow lt only chance get back in cleague next season
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #139: Dec 16, 2014 11:48:14 pm
      Quote from ba
      Hello guys; all the Besiktas fans want Liverpool before the draw because of the 8-0 game in 2007.

Were Liverpool not allowed to win 8-0 that night?

Don't see what your problem is with it, to be honest.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #140: Dec 16, 2014 11:52:07 pm
      Were Liverpool not allowed to win 8-0 that night?

Don't see what your problem is with it, to be honest.

I just think he'd like a bit of revenge.

Pretty self explanatory I'd have thought.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #141: Dec 17, 2014 12:42:56 am
      Here we come,.....   xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Istanbul, bring back the memory!   :aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpool2xt1:
      Canuck33
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 345 posts | 19 
      Reply #142: Dec 17, 2014 03:13:33 am
      I dont consider it a proper competition for a club like Lpool.
      Bearing in mind our top FOUR teams get in the CL.

I mean Europa should be for teams in emerging leagues etc. Or it had credibility say when the CLge was much more exclusive, and smaller teams were developing.

Its a bit like winning the FA Vase or some such sh*te.
      If Rodgers thinks he can con us with the "we're still in Europe" crap, maybe he needs to bugger off to Norway.
      Like Bodgson seemed to love so much.

:spam:
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #143: Dec 17, 2014 08:16:59 am
      Quote from srslfc
      I just think he'd like a bit of revenge.

Pretty self explanatory I'd have thought.

They got their revenge in the reverse fixture that year.

They're bringing up the scoreline as a motivation tool, as if it was our fault they were rubbish on the night. Would 7-0 have been more "acceptable" to them?
      ba
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #144: Dec 17, 2014 10:07:27 am
      Actually, the first match was in Istanbul(2-1 besiktas) and second match was in England(8-0 pool). Liverpool equalized(pretty heavy equalization) with the 8-0 game. I think some part of this "revenge" issue is about the Turkish rivals of the Besiktas and Besiktas itself. It is the biggest margin of the champions league and we are not a club which can handle these kind of big defeats. We lost against Leeds 0-6, Galatasaray lost against chelsea 0-5, Fenerbahce lost against ManU 2-6, but biggest defeat is another thing. It was a nice memory for your side, but Besiktas' rivals are still mocking with this score. Only one player in the squad is the same with the squad at that day(Right Back-Serdar Kurtulus), but for example Olcay Sahan (attacking midf. today-M'gladbach u19 at 2007) talked to the press about the 8-0 revenge after the draw which is a proof of this internal problem.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #145: Dec 17, 2014 10:09:23 am
      Hello guys;
      This a besiktas fan from Istanbul. We are completely excited about the draw, can't wait to see the clash. We have a huge respect for your side. Liverpool will be the fourth PL team that we will play this season so far( Chelsea friendly-Arsenal CL play off-Spurs EL), and all the Besiktas fans want Liverpool before the draw because of the 8-0 game in 2007.
      I want to ask some questions; i want to see the first leg in England, and i am not completely sure about the away fans' tickets' availabilty at the sale day.
      I have purchased the flight, and i dont want to risk to see the game. Which part of the stadium is the calmest place for us to watch the game in peaceful manner(maybe not with Besiktas jersey-daily outfit)? Are there any risks for us? Is there a check at the gates of the stadium if we are pool fans or not, in CL-EL games(fan card-season ticket for every single fans etc.)? If i am not able to purchase the away tickets, flight tickets and all the visa expenses will be lost for nothing, and it is quite much money actually.
      Thank you for your help.

Hello

It would be much easier to purchase tickets through your club Besiktas. The away support are seated in the Lower Anfield Road.

If you can't purchase a ticket through Besiktas then you may be able to buy a ticket from somebody outside the ground. They will probably charge you much more money though I'm afraid.

The Lower Centenary stand is a bit quieter than other sections of the stadium so it would probably be best to go there if you can.

As long as you behave yourself there will be no trouble. You won't be checked to see what team you support and there will be very little risks for you. I've seen other supporters seated with Liverpool fans plenty of times.

Hope you enjoy your time in Liverpool and may the best team win.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #146: Dec 17, 2014 10:14:32 am
      They got their revenge in the reverse fixture that year.

They're bringing up the scoreline as a motivation tool, as if it was our fault they were rubbish on the night. Would 7-0 have been more "acceptable" to them?

So what?

Really don't understand what your moaning about here.

We hammered them and their supporters wanted to play us again to try and get a bit of pride back.

It really is that simple.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #147: Dec 17, 2014 12:26:09 pm
      So what?

Really don't understand what your moaning about here.

We hammered them and their supporters wanted to play us again to try and get a bit of pride back.

It really is that simple.

Odd fella isn't he this one

Maybe when Rafa was nailing his mrs he was eating a sheesh kebab and dropping bits on his bed sheets
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #148: Dec 17, 2014 02:02:13 pm

The Lower Centenary stand is a bit quieter than other sections of the stadium so it would probably be best to go there if you can.

From the feeds I've been watching as of late, it seems the entire stadium is pretty quiet...... :mad:

Paisleydalglish
      Reply #149: Dec 17, 2014 02:19:09 pm
      From the feeds I've been watching as of late, it seems the entire stadium is pretty quiet...... :mad:

It's been pretty hard to he going at matches recently... It's easy to say get behind them in bad situations, we do, even beyond the frustration and disappointment of Basel they were sung off to you'll never walk alone.. But the game and the players need to lend themselves to helping the crowd and it's been difficult recently to get the away of emotion..

It's not just now though, last season during the run in against Sunderland, you could hear a pin drop because of what was happening out there the crowd were literally holding their breath together

There's not a cover for saying that the crowd must be loud every game, some times it's difficult with what you are witnessing and it's like that now

Quick Reply