Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match.

NO ONE
      73 (54.9%)
      Jones
      5 (3.8%)
      Johnson
      1 (0.8%)
      Skrtel
      1 (0.8%)
      Lovren
      2 (1.5%)
      Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Gerrard
      1 (0.8%)
      Allen
      1 (0.8%)
      Moreno
      1 (0.8%)
      Coutinho
      11 (8.3%)
      Sterling
      19 (14.3%)
      Lallana
      6 (4.5%)
      K Touré
      4 (3%)
      Markovic
      2 (1.5%)
      Balotelli
      6 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 131

Man.Utd 3:0 Liverpool. In game and post match finger pointing.

Read 58147 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Man.Utd 3:0 Liverpool. In game and post match finger pointing.
      Reply #966: Dec 14, 2014 09:59:41 pm
      Ok Brendan. I've had a few, so I'll try again.
      Start Can and Markovic. *hic*

COME ON, MAN!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,220 posts | 4919 
      Reply #967: Dec 14, 2014 10:01:08 pm
      Missed the game again today but I'm guessing it was the same old sh*te yet again.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,008 posts | 3352 
      Reply #968: Dec 14, 2014 10:03:20 pm
      Missed the game again today but I'm guessing it was the same old sh*te yet again.

Nah lad.

We actually played well and created chances today. And our defending was sound.

Yet we still lost 3-0.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #969: Dec 14, 2014 10:05:50 pm
      Nah lad.

We actually played well and created chances today. And our defending was sound.

Yet we still lost 3-0.

If Balotelli and Sterling had scored half their good chances we would have won 4 or 5-3 but we seem to be saying that a lot this season
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,008 posts | 3352 
      Reply #970: Dec 14, 2014 10:09:33 pm
      If Balotelli and Sterling had scored half their good chances we would have won 4 or 5-3 but we seem to be saying that a lot this season

I don't recall saying that a lot this year to be honest mate. I recall too often us saying we didn't create enough chances.

Today seemed like it should of been in 2011-12 season under Kenny where we would tw*t teams off the park only for their keeper to be man of the match.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #971: Dec 14, 2014 10:12:23 pm
      I don't recall saying that a lot this year to be honest mate. I recall too often us saying we didn't create enough chances.

Today seemed like it should of been in 2011-12 season under Kenny where we would tw*t teams off the park only for their keeper to be man of the match.

It just hurts getting beaten by them when we started so well and Sterling nearly put us ahead.
      Maybe we should have kept the toothy one another year or buy an equally toothy player to replace him because our strikers are toothless....probably to many tooth references but you get the picture
      Canuck33
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 345 posts | 19 
      Reply #972: Dec 14, 2014 10:12:33 pm
      Guess again smarty I voted for no-one someone probably Stevie just voted for him

Ok then.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #973: Dec 14, 2014 10:13:12 pm

Yup today was a rare occurrence where we did actually play well going forward but lacked a striker but the same old problems at the back.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #974: Dec 14, 2014 10:13:42 pm

should have asked WHO VOTED FOR GERRARD come on own up
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #975: Dec 14, 2014 10:15:17 pm
      SG woted for himself :D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #976: Dec 14, 2014 10:16:13 pm

someone did maybe it was him come on Stevie own up
      Canuck33
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 345 posts | 19 
      Reply #977: Dec 14, 2014 10:18:02 pm

Ok then.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,008 posts | 3352 
      Reply #978: Dec 14, 2014 10:20:42 pm
      It just hurts getting beaten by them when we started so well and Sterling nearly put us ahead.
      Maybe we should have kept the toothy one another year or buy an equally toothy player to replace him because our strikers are toothless....probably to many tooth references but you get the picture

Suarez was always off in the summer and I maintain that his biting in the World Cup was to really instigate that move. Almost force our hand in a way. Without it, we could of fended off interest and somehow miraculously kept him. So he made sure we had to sell him because we couldn't possibly of kept him after another biting incident - especially one so close to the one on Ivanovic.

But the club, knowing they were selling him, didn't sort out his replacement. It was Brendan's footballing tactics just working in the transfer market. If plan A (Sanchez) fails, then there's no plan B. Remy wasn't the replacement for Suarez, he was the replacement for Borini. Borini doesn't go, suddenly Remy has a dodgy ticker and we don't go through with the deal. And we end up wasting 16 million and x amount on wages for Balotelli.

The club should of had plan B, C, D, E, F and even G before looking at somebody as sh*t as Balotelli. Especially given the injury record of Sturridge, the lack of quality in Borini and the fact Lambert was only meant to play a handful of League games and maybe a couple of League Cup appearances. But we didn't. We went from plan A failing to shitting ourselves.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #979: Dec 14, 2014 10:20:47 pm
      I'm sick of hearing excuse after excuse after excuse. We were not good enough today simple as that. United took their chances and we didn't. LVG is a better manager than Brendan Rodgers and knows how to get results during difficult times. Simple as that.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      Reply #980: Dec 14, 2014 10:24:08 pm
      I'm sick of hearing excuse after excuse after excuse. We were not good enough today simple as that. United took their chances and we didn't. LVG is a better manager than Brendan Rodgers and knows how to get results during difficult times. Simple as that.

u justa said LVG is a good manager,he is one lousy old fart that created the most expensive club in premier league history and got lucky today
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #981: Dec 14, 2014 10:33:30 pm
      u justa said LVG is a good manager,he is one lousy old fart that created the most expensive club in premier league history and got lucky today

You can say that but he's only spent about £30M more than we have and will be in CL and if we are lucky can aspire to that second tier tournament.

Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,766 posts | 570 
      Reply #982: Dec 14, 2014 10:35:37 pm
      United are woeful - their honest fans know this. They are building F**k all.
      How we got beat 3-0 is the tragedy, we are simply nt good enough at defending.

Cardiff 6-3,Stoke 5-3, palace 3-3, etc

Now we haven't got any strikers why is anyone surprised?

Brendan "it's not hard to coach a 0-0" hasn't got a clue how to defend
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #983: Dec 14, 2014 10:37:38 pm
      I wanted to hold off on posting until some of the hysteria had died down (or moved to the Brendan Rodgers thread) so I'll tell you what I saw. I saw a manager who is trying everything he can to get this shower of sh*t operating as a coherent unit and for a large part, it actually worked today. I saw a home team's goal keeper get man of the match because he pulled out some fantastic saves and was the busier of the two. I saw Liverpool's midfield produce a lot of excellent aproach play but offered nothing in the way of goal threat. If Sterling scores that sitter twenty seconds before they sucker punch us at the other end, the game takes on a very different reflection. If Coutinho wasn't a lazy b***ard and tracks back with Rooney, there's a good chance he doesn't get in to position to score such a soft goal.

If Sterling scores that sitter in the second half and we go to 2-1, I see United emboriled in a very nervous second half and us potentially getting something out of the game. But he didn't, and that's not the gaffer's fault. None of the goals where his fault. That's life. It's easy to start second guessing his team selection but what I don't see is starting Can over Allen making the slightest bit of difference when we leak goals down to individual mistakes and poor officiating at the match. We can argue the merits of his team selection or his transfers another day but today there was definately signs of improvement and there is no doubt in my mind that if we'd had Sturridge available for selection today, we'd have beat those cu*ts. As I and others have said before, it's going to be painful until January when he's back.

We where the better team today and we lost simply because United took their chances and we did not. At the end of the day, that's what Football is about.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #984: Dec 14, 2014 10:44:42 pm
      Tbh I thought we didn't play to badly apart from schoolboy defending and no clinical finishing very odd state of affairs .
      Their first just sh*te from Moreno and errr really cannot remember tbh just sh*t.
      The way coutinho just let Rooney run and did NOTHING was criminal.
      Second was offside end of but both skrytel and Lovren seemed to just watch RVP and let the ball go.
      Third. F**k me Lovren wtf was that F***ing sh*te embarrassing doesnt touch it.
      Joe Allen ???please tell me what is his position and job to do ?because I have no idea and it is a waste of a starter .
      S.G invisible .
      Strange game considering the amount of chances we had and didn't convert.

The game against Bournemouth takes on even more significance now and I hate to say it,but,if it goes against us I can see the trigger getting pulled .
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #985: Dec 14, 2014 10:50:40 pm

7 wins in a row. Yea lucky.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #986: Dec 14, 2014 10:53:21 pm
      United are woeful - their honest fans know this. They are building f**k all.
      How we got beat 3-0 is the tragedy, we are simply nt good enough at defending.

Cardiff 6-3,Stoke 5-3, palace 3-3, etc

Now we haven't got any strikers why is anyone surprised?

Brendan "it's not hard to coach a 0-0" hasn't got a clue how to defend

Mate you are fooling yourself if you think united aren't building anything under LVG. They will be back in the CL next season and will spend another 100 plus million in the summer on whoever LVG demands the club signs whatever the cost. We are the ones that are woeful now.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      Reply #987: Dec 14, 2014 10:53:54 pm

ooooh for F**k sake,he spent hundreds of milions on top players,they gotta start delivering
      it doesnt mean that he is world class manager
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,220 posts | 4919 
      Reply #988: Dec 14, 2014 10:54:33 pm
      it doesnt mean that he is world class manager

Like it or not he is though.

Quick Reply