Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match.

NO ONE
      73 (54.9%)
      Jones
      5 (3.8%)
      Johnson
      1 (0.8%)
      Skrtel
      1 (0.8%)
      Lovren
      2 (1.5%)
      Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Gerrard
      1 (0.8%)
      Allen
      1 (0.8%)
      Moreno
      1 (0.8%)
      Coutinho
      11 (8.3%)
      Sterling
      19 (14.3%)
      Lallana
      6 (4.5%)
      K Touré
      4 (3%)
      Markovic
      2 (1.5%)
      Balotelli
      6 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 131

Man.Utd 3:0 Liverpool. In game and post match finger pointing.

Read 58248 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Re: Man.Utd 3:0 Liverpool. In game and post match finger pointing.
      Reply #989: Dec 14, 2014 10:56:17 pm
      Ah mate hes pants. Looked like a school boy when he dived in anticipation of Rooneys shot. Thats not a pro. Migs is poor but twice the keeper Jones is. Thats not saying a lot.

Don't think he was to blame for any the goals today fella.

My point really was that our standard between the sticks just isn't good enough. We've been saying that Migs is our only option - I disagree. We don't have a good enough option so just pin the tail on the donkey.

I mean in terms of selection - not comparing our keepers to a donkey.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,821 posts | 2452 
      Reply #990: Dec 14, 2014 10:56:22 pm
      ooooh for f**k sake,he spent hundreds of milions on top players,they gotta start delivering
      it doesnt mean that he is world class manager

We spent practically the same amount as United over the summer!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #991: Dec 14, 2014 11:13:02 pm
      Did Johnson really play on the right of a back 3?

harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,921 posts | 964 
      Reply #992: Dec 14, 2014 11:13:33 pm
      I for one am not a stats fan, and every time SSN bring up Opta Stat I cringe. They mean f**k all! The only thing that matters is sticking the ball in the onion bag and stopping the opposition do the same!

I understand that, but if you look at all games in terms of stats, when one team has more possession, and more shots, and more shots on target, that team tends to score more goals and win more games.  We beat United in all of these stats through the first 60 minutes.  The only thing missing was a goal.  It was unfortunate that we couldn't turn our dominance into goals, but on another day I think we would have.... 

I'm personally much happier with our performance in this game than I was with our recent performances against Basel, Sunderland, Leicester, or Stoke.  In those games we looked abject and disjointed, but today we pressed well and won the ball back in good positions, strung quick and incisive attacking moves together, and created a handful of really good scoring chances.  This was the most dangerous we have looked since Studge got injured.  The finish wasn't there today, but if we continue to create as many opportunities in the upcoming games as we did today then it will eventually drop. 
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #993: Dec 14, 2014 11:22:31 pm
      I'm quite bemused to read all of the sudden the goalkeeper of the team we played against has the match of his life again. In fact, nearly every player of the teams we lost to this season usually had the game of their lives, suddenly they played really well, even a Mile Jedinak did have his match of the life when playing against us therefore he scored. This is just too many.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #994: Dec 14, 2014 11:29:06 pm
      Everyone still feel as miserable as I do?

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #995: Dec 14, 2014 11:32:53 pm

I can only confirm he was on the pitch.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,821 posts | 2452 
      Reply #996: Dec 14, 2014 11:36:15 pm
      I can only confirm he was on the pitch.

Where? I didn't see him.
      Canuck33
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 345 posts | 19 
      Reply #997: Dec 14, 2014 11:37:02 pm

If you can call what he does play, then yes.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,198 posts | 1275 
      Reply #998: Dec 14, 2014 11:42:57 pm
      'We Come Not To Play'.

You lot sure f**king don't.
      Canuck33
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 345 posts | 19 
      Reply #999: Dec 15, 2014 12:36:42 am
      'We Come Not To Play'.

Brilliant!  :D
      Nene
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts |
      Reply #1000: Dec 15, 2014 01:37:36 am
      'We Come Not To Play'.

Sir, you win this thread. :D
      solodee

• 6,035 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #1001: Dec 15, 2014 02:48:47 am
      Sterling needs to be less selfish. There was always someone better placed to score. Pass the F***ing ball to Balotelli.

The Joe Allen Nutmeg was a disaster. He got nutmegged and he just continued to allow Valencia continue his run like it was suppose to be a normal thing.

I wasn't panicky with Jones, but I wonder how the manager would thell the press that Simon bench time is for an indefinite period. (BBC) so wrong.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #1002: Dec 15, 2014 04:25:23 am
      First match I've been able to watch since the Palace game, and we still look dire. So did Utd and how we didn't score is beyond me. We were unlucky with the second obviously, I was watching on a TV from the 1970's and could still see Mata was well offside. Still, can only blame ourselves for not going ahead/getting back in it with all the chances.

Agree with those saying we were the 'better team' for most of the game, but then again United were crap and we still lost 3-0, so that's not much comfort.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #1003: Dec 15, 2014 04:41:48 am
      I've not posted since we lost 2-0 at Arsenal last season, I was angry back then because I thought we were throwing away fourth.

A lot has happened since but the biggest thing I can say now is that I'm genuinely at a loss as to what Rodgers can do to fix this.

One thing going for him in his first season was that he tried things and learned from his mistakes and adapted. Now I accept he is dealing with new players etc but he has seemed to be reluctant to try and be creative and positive in recent weeks.

We'll that is until second half vs Basle (admittedly partly by necessity) and yesterday. I know we created more than usual but that defence is still suspect and confidence is shattered as soon as we concede.

It is worrying when the manager is trying to be assertive and creative and we are still struggling for fluency on and off the ball nevermind seeing a long overdue improvement in defending or infront of goal.

Don't want him gone but today was the beginning for me accepting that this isn't going to be saved when Sturridge comes back etc.

We're looking at back to the bad days of 50 odd points but with transfer committee issues and falling confidence I don't have the belief being it's going to be a quick route back to the title challenge and CL.

vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #1004: Dec 15, 2014 05:00:58 am
      our structure overall movement with and without the ball is like U9's. The only positive is UTD are also sh*t.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #1005: Dec 15, 2014 06:32:55 am
      De Gea was really on his game wasn't he.

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh on Mignolet but that 1-on-1 save De Gea made against Sterling in the second half shows that a keeper can indeed stop someone who is coming at him unchallenged.  I'm thinking of Ba against Chelsea last season.  Look obviously that wasn't Mignolet's fault but clearly it can be done.  Who knows what might've happened.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1006: Dec 15, 2014 06:58:55 am
      As has been the case so often this season this result leaves me flat and I cannot see things improving with the transfer window in January. L.F.C appears to have no sense of direction from the top down, and nobody accepting responsibility for our inept displays.January is an opportune time to move on underperforming players coaches and the manager if he is not up to the job. Fenway do something before it is  too late.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #1007: Dec 15, 2014 07:02:08 am
      De Gea was really on his game wasn't he.

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh on Mignolet but that 1-on-1 save De Gea made against Sterling in the second half shows that a keeper can indeed stop someone who is coming at him unchallenged.  I'm thinking of Ba against Chelsea last season.  Look obviously that wasn't Mignolet's fault but clearly it can be done.  Who knows what might've happened.

De gea is really a good keeper.  This lad will become world class imo.  His shot stopping skills is imo around the same as migs but everything else is way ahead of migs.

So lets talk about us.  We created today... thats good news.. but thats pretty much about it.  The 2nd goal was a huge offside.. one that imo changed the game as we had started to build momentum... after the 2nd.. we started to take more risks and cost us a 3rd.

Sterling imo will not be world class if his development stays like this.  This lad needs world class players around him to mold and teach him.  He has speed and is able to run at defenders but his shooting ability is on par to the next poster after me (sorry mate :) )  so what he needs is a suarez or sturridge type of player to get a foot at the end of a sterling run.  A few years ago.. and BR was just named the manager... liverpool came to toronto to play a friendly.  I saw a younger version of sterling zipping alot the side with the ball.. passes by all the defenders but the lad runs at a straight line to the corner flag   he did this for like the majority of the game.  You can see the potential then.. you can see the development since.. but he still has a long way to go.

Also... why is allen picked again?  Allen marking fellaini is an absolutely joke of tactics. 
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,548 posts | 726 
      Reply #1008: Dec 15, 2014 07:25:45 am
      Suarez was always off in the summer and I maintain that his biting in the World Cup was to really instigate that move.

;D i swear people think football is IRL melodrama.

I think if we won the league he would have stayed another season (at least).

As far as the bond villain level power move of biting a player to instigate a move is just silly.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,548 posts | 726 
      Reply #1009: Dec 15, 2014 07:27:00 am
      De gea is really a good keeper.  This lad will become world class imo.  His shot stopping skills is imo around the same as migs but everything else is way ahead of migs.

De Gea was rubbish for a few seasons. Was HEAVILY under fire

They stuck with him and it has paid off.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,515 posts | 1507 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #1010: Dec 15, 2014 08:12:28 am
      Sorry, I don't agree that De Gea was world class yesterday. You kick the ball right at him and he's going to block it all day. Aside from the Balotelli save, he never had to move a step left or right. It was a case of very poor finishing for me.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #1011: Dec 15, 2014 08:13:48 am

I think if we won the league he would have stayed another season (at least).

Not for me

He was always off last summer, I don't see how winning the title would have been a reason to stay, it would have been an even easier way to leave, almost like he had really helped us achieve before he went.

He's 27, had he not moved last summer then that move to Barca may well not have happened.. And we wouldn't have got top end value the closer to 30 he got.

It was something both sides were happy with

I don't think the biting to instigate it happened, but I certainly think once he signed that contract last October he was gone then

We just fu**ed up replacing him

Quick Reply