Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

3 signings in January?

Read 16636 times
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Re: 3 signings in January?
      Reply #92: Dec 24, 2014 12:39:37 pm
      if Cabaye is available on loan and we don't move heaven and earth to get him then everyone on the transfer committee should be sacked.

You know it's not such a far fetched idea. It would require us getting into the top 4 to entice him, but why not go for him in the summer? If Lucas also leaves, get a proper DM (unless Can gets more game time and makes that place his own) and Cabaye can take SG's place. Pretty sweet.

Need a keeper - f***ing anyone but Migs or Jones. Handanovic, Adler, even bring Reina back, still only 32.
      Deffo a striker - Cabella of Montpellier perhaps? Young and not prolific yet but looks good. Worth having another go at Cavani, Pierre-Michel Lasogga, Lacazette, Griezman, Berardi...plenty of options out there.
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #93: Dec 24, 2014 09:02:14 pm
      Cech
      Cabaye
      Shaqiri

In the summer, go all out for Reus. Gain Origi.

Trim the squad of Allen, Jones, Johnson, Borini.
      Give Mario an extended run with Daniel and I think he'll start scoring fairly regularly.
      I think then our club will be so much more competitive.
      How much of this will happen? Only 1 or 2 of them I think.
      Canuck33
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 345 posts | 19 
      Reply #94: Dec 25, 2014 01:19:09 am
      Quality costs bud if we are going to have a dash at it are the owners gonna supply or trust Brendan with more cash

A keeper and those 2 arse cheeks would my preferred signings.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #95: Dec 26, 2014 03:00:27 am
      BR could do a Pardew and raid France to mitigate our problem areas. With the 3-4-3, a right wing back becomes absolutely critical.

Serge Aurier (with PSG looking to sign Lichtsteiner)
      Adrien Rabiot (loan with an option to buy in summer)
      Alex Lacazette (just show them the money)
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #96: Dec 26, 2014 05:41:00 am
      I'd go all out to get Cech, Sneiderlin and Bony, probably cost best part of £75m for all three, I'm not writing off this season just yet but I'm sowing the seeds for next season,

There will be a clear out come the summer, including, Allen, Lucas, Balo, Lambert, Johnson, Mignolet,wisdom,

Think Borini will go within the month, along with some fringe players,

Can't imagine FSG giving Brendan much if I'm honest but, we certainly need it and if they can't see it maybe it's time they begin to look for potential buyers ,

Are you reading this DIC. ??

YNWA
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #97: Dec 26, 2014 09:48:42 am
      i don't think we're as far off as people think we are.

We just need a goal scoring PROVEN (pacey) striker, a real Defensive midfielder, a goalkeeper.

Thats it

This.
      What we should have gone for in the first place .
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #98: Dec 26, 2014 11:29:56 am
      Whatever our needs, whatever the speculation, whatever cash is available. I think our biggest problem is, top draw players will take some convincing that we, under Brendan, are the team to sign for. Think this his the main reason we always end up with the 'potential', or players who 'look like' they could do a job for us.
      Catch 22 I'm afraid. Top marque players will freely join us when they see BR as a top manager. He will need to win trophies for that to happen, and he will need top players for that to happen.  If we get lucky and land a couple of trophies with mediocre players, then the top players might get interested. Thats when you get the consistency going.
      Whatever Brendan gets as transfer funds in Jan, he will only attract mediocre. We've got enough of that now. As for shipping out players, get the quality replacements in first, or we only weaken our squad.
      Not sure i'd trust Brendan with a massive transfer fund following previous efforts, and as for the transfer committee, they need shafting.
      Keeper,
      Defensive Mid,
      Striker.
      TiagoLFC
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts |
      Reply #99: Dec 27, 2014 02:52:33 am
      Cech
      Schneiderlin
      Moutinho

In the Summer buy Jackson Martinez and Aymeric Laporte. Give Origi minutes and time to develop.
      Sell players like Borini, Balotelli, Henderson, Allen, Lucas and use the money to improve the team with players like the ones I mentioned above.

lfc fighter
      • Forum Youth Player

• 10 posts |
      Reply #100: Jan 04, 2015 10:31:49 pm
      Mattia perin
      Lacazette
      shaqiri

BR have to give Pedro Chirivella minutes,  the boy can really play :f_whistle:

PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,564 posts | 729 
      Reply #101: Jan 04, 2015 11:10:52 pm
      Whatever our needs, whatever the speculation, whatever cash is available. I think our biggest problem is, top draw players will take some convincing that we, under Brendan, are the team to sign for. Think this his the main reason we always end up with the 'potential', or players who 'look like' they could do a job for us.

I think from the start FSG have made it clear that these are the kinds of players we will be going for.

They also decided to go for a younger "up and coming" manager.

The players we went after (willian, costa, etc) When to other clubs who do not care about wage budgets.

WE ARE NOT CITY OR CHELSKI.

We are more level with Arsenal and we lost out to Sanchez because he wanted to go to london and  didnt want to be a direct replacement for Suarez. I dont think it has anything to do with Brendan.

dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #102: Jan 04, 2015 11:52:31 pm
      Me
      Myself
      I
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #103: Jan 04, 2015 11:58:20 pm

I wouldn't be against this. You are probably better than Migs, Borini & Balotelli. I say sign you up!!!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #104: Jan 05, 2015 12:02:36 am
      I wouldn't be against this. You are probably better than Migs, Borini & Balotelli. I say sign you up!!!

Cheers for the vote of confidence my mate.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,701 posts | 148 
      Reply #105: Jan 05, 2015 12:16:59 am
      Seeing a ton of Lacazette shouts. Ive never seen him play other than making love to his in form card on FIFA 15.

He has pace it seems but what else?

I feel like we need the right striker, not just any striker. Someone who is good with the ball and can play wide, interchange and link up well as well as having pace.

Really don't think Bony will serve us well, at all.

Based on FIFA we should be after the likes of Eminke, doumbia , Ibarbo , moussa, lacazette
      lfc fighter
      • Forum Youth Player

• 10 posts |
      Reply #106: Jan 05, 2015 12:19:32 am

and lucas!

Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,701 posts | 148 
      Reply #107: Jan 05, 2015 12:21:16 am
      Lacazette is not a realistic link to us.
       First of all his price would be at least £25m and Lyon are tough negotiators, secondly Lyon are second in the league and they have a good chance to be in the champions league next year unlike us, and finally We showed no interest or whatsoever to the player.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,564 posts | 729 
      Reply #108: Jan 05, 2015 08:36:48 am
      I think realistically we will get Vorm, Berahino and a DM in the summer. But if Can can do the job, maybe not.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #109: Jan 05, 2015 08:43:37 am
      I think a deal will be struck with Lille for Origi and a new keeper will also come in, outside if that I don't think there will be much activity after our summer splurge.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #110: Jan 05, 2015 11:47:47 am
      I think realistically we will get Vorm, Berahino and a DM in the summer. But if Can can do the job, maybe not.

I'll cry if we get Berahino. It will be another 20m+ spunked on a player who will be awful for us. I can just see it now.

Berahino and Origi leading the line. F**k me.

Luis must be pisisng himself.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #111: Jan 05, 2015 11:58:19 am
      Saved 6 1v1s against the young lad at the weekend.
      Where do I sign?
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #112: Jan 05, 2015 02:52:45 pm
      I think realistically we will get Vorm, [/b] Berahino and a DM in the summer. But if Can can do the job, maybe not.

Really? with maybe one exception, we seem to always get bum-fu**ed over english players... they see us coming a mile off!

they wont take anything less than a stooooopid amount... please dont buy someone on the back of a good half a season !
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #113: Jan 05, 2015 02:56:43 pm
      I'll cry if we get Berahino. It will be another 20m+ spunked on a player who will be awful for us. I can just see it now.

Berahino and Origi leading the line. F**k me.

Luis must be pisisng himself.

Why would Berahino be awful for us? He has similar attributes to Sturridge and unlike Balotelli, Lambert, and Borini he would actually fit Rodgers style of football.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #114: Jan 05, 2015 02:58:23 pm
      Ideally I would like to sell Borini and Balotelli and bring in Origi, Berahino and Shaqiri.

Quick Reply