Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

"We Need To Talk About Gerrard."

Read 151220 times
      KeepTheFaith and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,433 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: "We Need To Talk About Gerrard."
      Reply #1840: Jan 01, 2015 08:01:43 pm
      Twitter now in meltdown with stories of him going to announce tomorrow that he is off to the states
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #1841: Jan 01, 2015 08:52:53 pm
      Watching his reaction to the goals today made me think that there may be truth in the rumours
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #1842: Jan 01, 2015 09:01:55 pm
      Watching his reaction to the goals today made me think that there may be truth in the rumours

yea I noticed that as well..

He dispatched both spot kicks with venom but celebrated like he was an ex Leicester player !!.. strange..
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #1843: Jan 01, 2015 09:08:21 pm
      Don't let the two goals he scored cover up the fact that this was a terrible performance from Gerrard (and Lucas).

In a system that is dependent on pace and penetration, we had a central midfield pairing that made Stephen Hawking look like Usain Bolt.

Why Brendan keeps playing them together is mystifying. It's all very well having a system, but when the wrong players are there, it goes all to pot. And Gerrard is not that player anymore - the longer he goes on, the less he will be able to fit n.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #1844: Jan 01, 2015 09:17:05 pm
      Why Brendan keeps playing them together is mystifying.

Agree.. I know Lucas is just as slow but he had a great game against Swansea because he had space around himself in the middle and linked better with Coutinho, Henderson and Lallana..
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1845: Jan 01, 2015 09:29:34 pm
      sh*t buzz, sounds like hes announcing tomorrow that he will be leaving in the summer.

Play him were he is best suited for the rest of the season. We cant have this new age fuckwit fans slating his name for 5 more months as a DM. Let him flourish as at the tip of the diamond from 60-90 every game.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1846: Jan 01, 2015 09:32:41 pm
      In a 3 man CM, I have little problem with Lucas & Gerrard as two, as a two man operation it's foolhardy at best.  I have no problem with Lucas and A.N. other in a 2, as long as it's not Gerrard.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #1847: Jan 01, 2015 09:51:11 pm
      Stevie has looked like a man not in love with football anymore this season and the tail end of the previous campaign has taken its toll on him and it looks like he can't shake that off.

It hasn't helped that he has been in decline for a whole now and the manager persists on playing him more or less all the time like a player at the peak of his game. I think his end of his career with has been managed badly by Brendan and he just seems so please to be working with a player such as Gerrard that he hasn't stepped back and looked at the actual player and what he has to offer.

If I was Gerrard I would go abroad now. He has done everything he can do for the club and he deserves to see out his career enjoying himself playing in a different country and climate and wind down.

ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1848: Jan 01, 2015 09:59:50 pm
      Stevie deserves a big payday somewhere, he has won everything he's going to with us, and he certainly owes us nothing.

Possibly the best ever all rounder to play for the club, it would almost be a shame to go out with a fizzle downplaying in people's memoriesjust how good he was.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,383 posts | 2823 
      Reply #1849: Jan 01, 2015 10:00:50 pm
      Tony Barrett and James Pearce confirming it. He's off at the end of the season.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #1850: Jan 01, 2015 10:05:04 pm

I've got no doubt he will go, I think FSG have made a bit of a mess with the contract offer by the sounds of It go otherwise he would have signed straight from the off. Didn't have his best game today but he really shouldn't be playing along side Lucas in a side where our two wide players spend most of the game between the halfway line and their penalty area. To get the best out of Stevie he needs to be play in certain set-ups/personnel. The manager didn't get that right today.

I will be gutted when he goes because he still has plenty to offer.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #1851: Jan 01, 2015 10:05:57 pm
      Stevie deserves a big payday somewhere, he has won everything he's going to with us, and he certainly owes us nothing.

Possibly the best ever all rounder to play for the club, it would almost be a shame to go out with a fizzle downplaying in people's memoriesjust how good he was.

Not too sure where you are coming from, so forgive my knee jerk, but deserves a big pay day, he's a multi-F***ing-millionaire.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #1852: Jan 01, 2015 10:09:31 pm
      SSN suggesting he is off to the MLS. What are the chances we see a Lampard situation given their season doesn't start until about now?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1853: Jan 01, 2015 10:09:59 pm

Can't blame him personally, nice to get off somewhere different experience the life and enjoy the twilight of your career.

Will make Brendan's job easier (assuming he is still here).

I'd wish him all the best and thanks for the memories with the hope to see him back in a coaching role soon enough. Think we all know the time is right and the "can go on playing for many years, even dropping back to CB" crap can then stop. I know in the years that follow I'll forget Stevie's performances this season apart from perhaps his last but I'll never forget the great times he's given us.

Wont be a dry eye in the house and I hope we get the chance to send him on his way like the true legend he is.
      Sahara
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 102 posts |
      Reply #1854: Jan 01, 2015 10:12:54 pm
      Not too sure where you are coming from, so forgive my knee jerk, but deserves a big pay day, he's a multi-f**king-millionaire.

True, but nowt wrong with the sentiment for someone who has given blood sweat and tears for the club, jus saying ;)
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #1855: Jan 01, 2015 10:16:12 pm
      True, but nowt wrong with the sentiment for someone who has given blood sweat and tears for the club, jus saying ;)

He's on a reported £7m per year. I would hope he had give blood sweat and tears for this sports club.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1856: Jan 01, 2015 10:17:48 pm
      Not too sure where you are coming from, so forgive my knee jerk, but deserves a big pay day, he's a multi-F***ing-millionaire.

I'm not saying he's in danger of losing the house or anything, but hez been very loyal to us , he could have left year's ago and gotten a hefty pay raise in the process.
      David Beckham was getting £25 million a season at Galaxy, Gerrard was twice the player, he could still make himself a fortune in America, U.A.E, or somewhere just on his name alone.
      DutchLiverpoolFan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,086 posts | 61 
      Reply #1857: Jan 01, 2015 10:19:15 pm
      I just feel so sorry Gerrard couldn't end his career with LFC with the BPL titel. Absolute gutted for him

And I understand it sux when you hear every match a song against you.
      Sahara
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 102 posts |
      Reply #1858: Jan 01, 2015 10:21:15 pm
      He was the same when he was 17 and not on that money, I can't go along with your cynical world view.  This guys pulled us out of the brown smelly stuff more times than I care to remember, his pay reflects his value to the club, as a leader, captain and through years of service as one of the worlds best.  I don't begrudge him his salary because he's earned it.  And yes, footballers pay is ridiculous, we all know that but lets save it for another day.

He's on a reported £7m per year. I would hope he had give blood sweat and tears for this sports club.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #1859: Jan 01, 2015 10:52:43 pm

Quick Reply