Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

The 'Committee'

Read 21819 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: The 'Committee'
      Reply #23: Dec 17, 2014 12:02:46 pm
      With the possible exception of Commoli's tenure, there is only one common thread regarding transfers that runs through the club from Rafa right through to BR, and that common thread is Ayre.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #24: Dec 17, 2014 12:41:19 pm
      I'd say give BR all the costas and cavanis in this world and he'll still struggle. When Sturridge was out injured, i said to myself, BR must work on attacking options in the event Sturridge can't be back sooner. No, he stubbornly persists with his failed signings in his first season while it took him the last 10 mins against basel and Utd to force him to do something very different. BR is simply a very play safe manager. FSG, you have simply got a rookie manager here to manage a stock of 120 mil of players purchased and the club of this size.

I'm bloody frustrated and I'm desperate to say get Roy Evans back, at least he knows how to attack properly while we work on the defending part, at least we get one section of the team solved.   
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #25: Dec 17, 2014 12:54:10 pm
      I'd say give BR all the costas and cavanis in this world and he'll still struggle. When Sturridge was out injured, i said to myself, BR must work on attacking options in the event Sturridge can't be back sooner. No, he stubbornly persists with his failed signings in his first season while it took him the last 10 mins against basel and Utd to force him to do something very different. BR is simply a very play safe manager. FSG, you have simply got a rookie manager here to manage a stock of 120 mil of players purchased and the club of this size.

I'm bloody frustrated and I'm desperate to say get Roy Evans back, at least he knows how to attack properly while we work on the defending part, at least we get one section of the team solved.   

I loved his teams but David Moores decided he need help defensively and brought in Gerrard H.Its such a shame he isn't involved more.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #26: Dec 17, 2014 01:16:18 pm

Funny, I don't remember you being so desperate to get Roy Evans back last year when we spent the majority of the year in the top three, finishing second and just missing out on the title.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #27: Dec 17, 2014 01:21:34 pm

Yup such a play safe manager only managed to score 100 goals last season.
      If anything that's his problem he's too attack minded.
      Think before you post would be good.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #28: Dec 17, 2014 01:27:48 pm
      Funny, I don't remember you being so desperate to get Roy Evans back last year when we spent the majority of the year in the top three, finishing second and just missing out on the title.

Now, pardon me, you are asking me a very dumb question, why should I asked for that when we were doing well last year. Aren't you desperate at all at the moment to see our form improve and happy that we're fast slipping down the table. You must still be stuck with last season and just woken up while so much were spoken about where BR has gone wrong so far. Never mind, you missed a big part of this season, maybe just maybe something happened between you and Evans.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #29: Dec 17, 2014 01:28:52 pm
      Yup such a play safe manager only managed to score 100 goals last season.
      If anything that's his problem he's too attack minded.
      Think before you post would be good.

Who scored majority of those goals last season and who scored our goals this season? And how many this season? You've have obviously missed a big part of what the posters here said about Suarez. Never mind go back and read and analyse those posts and think in case you've missed it.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #30: Dec 17, 2014 01:32:01 pm
      Who scored majority of those goals last season and who scored our goals this season? And how many this season?

Who was the manager who got them playing in such a way to score so many goals it certainly was not Roy Evans.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #31: Dec 17, 2014 01:33:05 pm
      We could do a lot worse than having Roy Evans on the committee.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #32: Dec 17, 2014 01:35:52 pm
      We could do a lot worse than having Roy Evans on the committee.

Can't argue with that Evans for Ayre sounds a good idea.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #33: Dec 17, 2014 01:42:55 pm
      Can't argue with that Evans for Ayre sounds a good idea.

Not to me.
      You need a "money man" there to curb a managers excesses.
      I don't think Ayre is the right man, but Evans has absolutely no experience.

I was thinking more along the lines of "performance analysis", or in old money, head scout.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #34: Dec 17, 2014 01:42:56 pm
      Who was the manager who got them playing in such a way to score so many goals it certainly was not Roy Evans.

If BR could perform such a feat last season, why not this season, if you do claim BR is such a genius? Now, how could you explain that? Could it be that one Mr. Suarez that has masked all those shortcomings of BR? With or without Suarez we should not perform 1/2 as bad as what we did now.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #35: Dec 17, 2014 01:45:57 pm
      Not to me.

I was thinking more along the lines of "performance analysis", or in old money, head scout.

Head scout? He signed Phil Babb!  :D
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #36: Dec 17, 2014 01:52:41 pm
      Not to me.

You don't need the finance man who knows nothing about football on the committee identifying players.
      He should stick to his primary job which is commercial director.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #37: Dec 17, 2014 01:55:52 pm
      At the end of the day all the debates about who, what, when, how or why can be done about this committee but the simple fact is it doesn't work and should be binned and forgotten about as quickly as possible.

We've left this meeting to evaluate things too damn close to January for my liking. Giving ourselves very little prep time for possibly the most crucial window in our history. Make no mistake should we not get a top drawer striker in this January then things will turn out very likely the way they did with Kenny.

We may well win the league cup, we may well even get to the final of the FA Cup but no CL footy next year and I think Brendan gets the bullet. Mitigating factors are there for all to see and it's true Brendan does have many, the one that raised a huge alarm bell with me was that Borini being left out might be more a club's decision than a managerial (James Pearce: Echo). If that is true then things are much worse behind the scenes than I had figured and need changing immediately.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #38: Dec 17, 2014 07:07:23 pm
      The committee is a F***ing joke
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #39: Dec 17, 2014 10:05:07 pm
      If BR could perform such a feat last season, why not this season, if you do claim BR is such a genius? Now, how could you explain that? Could it be that one Mr. Suarez that has masked all those shortcomings of BR? With or without Suarez we should not perform 1/2 as bad as what we did now.

If Brendan needs a world class striker to mask his shortcomings, then give him one! No one was complaining last season!
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #40: Dec 17, 2014 10:51:05 pm
      There's lots of fingers been pointed in all directions , Rodgers knew what he was getting into with the money ball thing , so computer says NO .
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #41: Dec 18, 2014 01:10:58 am
      Not to me.

Why? Just hand the manager a damn budget and give him free reign to use it like everyone else does. He doesn't need someone looking over his shoulder second guessing his buys which is what seems to be at the heart of our problems right now.
      Canuck33
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 345 posts | 19 
      Reply #42: Dec 18, 2014 01:24:25 am
      Why? Just hand the manager a damn budget and give him free reign to use it like everyone else does. He doesn't need someone looking over his shoulder second guessing his buys which is what seems to be at the heart of our problems right now.

Yep. Totally agree with this. There is your purse. Transfer fee limit, wage limit. Spend it wise. End of.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #43: Dec 18, 2014 01:46:55 am

Better idea, why not hand the money to us fans to spend, I'm 100% sure we'll buy the right players to take us back to the peak of the summit
      Canuck33
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 345 posts | 19 
      Reply #44: Dec 18, 2014 01:57:46 am
      Better idea, why not hand the money to us fans to spend, I'm 100% sure we'll buy the right players to take us back to the peak of the summit

Nah, don't think so. If they had handed me a cool £120m this summer, I'd have bought Lambert and pocketed the rest. Crap, now I can't get the warm beach and cool margaritas out of my head.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #45: Dec 18, 2014 10:11:31 pm
      They call it a "committee".
      Shame the buggers never COMMIT anything. Other then an obsession with wage cuts and selling our stars.

Quick Reply