Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match

Jones
      1 (1.1%)
      K Touré
      0 (0%)
      Skrtel
      0 (0%)
      Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Gerrard
      0 (0%)
      Lucas
      4 (4.6%)
      Markovic
      37 (42.5%)
      Coutinho
      3 (3.4%)
      Sterling
      33 (37.9%)
      Lallana
      9 (10.3%)
      Sakho
      0 (0%)
      Can
      0 (0%)
      Borini
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Bournemouth 1:3 Liverpool, In game & post match discussion.

Read 27334 times
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Re: Bournemouth 1:3 Liverpool, In game & post match discussion.
      Reply #460: Dec 18, 2014 04:30:33 am
      Didn't get to watch this one, too late a KO considering I'm +6 gmt but happy to hear that Markovic impressed, Sterling on the scoresheet and perhaps most of all, big Mama Sakho returning. Really hope he can get back to fitness and form.

Sounds like we were far from perfect, and still looked shaky at the back? Still, big confidence ahead of a very tough game on the weekend.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,551 posts | 728 
      Reply #461: Dec 18, 2014 04:43:16 am
      Even though it's great to get the win, it is still incredibly worrying how easily they were carving our defence to pieces and if they were more clinical tonight then they could easily have had 4 goals.

With 3 at the back Arsenal will rip us apart, very frightening.

Every time bournemouth attacked us it was though the space between the Centre Backs and the Wing Backs.

It was literally like playing inter milan on amateur level on FIFA

red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #462: Dec 18, 2014 07:27:22 am
      We played well, built some nice moves and the goals were very well taken but I still fear for the defence. Sakho coming back may help us to be a bit more resolute there.
      falkirk_bairn
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts |
      Reply #463: Dec 18, 2014 07:48:54 am
      Half decent performance and great to get a win to raise the spirits a bit but the defensive problems are there for everyone to see. On another day, Bournemouth could have easily got a draw or even a win but like us against United, they never took their chances.

Well done to Sterling and Markovic, hard to pick between the 2 for best perfromance yesterday. Lallana was decent again, he really needs to be starting most games.

Unfortunately unless the defence suddenly get their act together I think Arsenal will win on Sun.
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #464: Dec 18, 2014 08:47:10 am
      Good result and a decent performance. Defensively we still need a lot of work but I was impressed with Henderson and Markovic on the flanks.

Raheem had a very good game but he looked tired at around the 65min mark so I'd of liked to see him subbed a bit earlier.

Not gonna pick over it too much as a wins a win and that's all that really matters.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #465: Dec 18, 2014 09:46:41 am
      My ratings:

Jones. What on earth was he doing with the goal? Seriously, get Mignolet back and quick. 3/10.

Henderson. Ran around a lot and mixed in with his trademark brainlessness there were some good things. As a right wing back he may even make a decent player. 6/10.

Toure. Did little wrong other than be the obvious one who the opposition will press when we're keeping it. So long as we allow him to launch it when pressured, is doing well. 6/10.

Skrtel. Solid all game. 6/10.

The future captain. Still looked edgy, but hard to tell when he picked up his injury. 5/10.

***** I'll add a note in the 3 at the back thread as to where I think the centre halves could be a lot tighter.

Markovic. No wing back obviously but tried his best in the role. What is becoming increasingly obvious however is that he is a very gifted footballer indeed. Great ball for the first, great finish for the second. Early days yet, but has come out of the pack of mediocrity to be a real beacon. No surprise either that he looks better left side. Young players often prefer that as it opens the pitch out for them. 7/10.

Gerrard. Imperious, and judging by the standing ovation the Bournemouth fans gave him when he came off, they are better at judging a top player than some of our own. 7/10.

Lucas. Excellent and dovetailed very well with Gerrard. It may well be that this partnership which all of us have previously written off is actually the right one for the three at the back system. 7/10.

Coutinho. His best game for a while. Tried to force it a little sometimes, but really is a wonderful little footballer. 7/10.

Lallana. Another assist and it really ought to have been two. Get him on the ball in and around the box and things happen. He'll feed Sturridge all day long. 7/10.

Sterling. Brilliant response to some totally OTT criticism. Two good goals, should have had a hat trick but does get MOM by a clear margin. 8/10.

Subs.

Sakho. Always liked him and he looked good. 7/10.

Can. His physicality helped. 6/10.

Borini. Didn't touch the ball, one of his better cameos. 5/10.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #466: Dec 18, 2014 09:59:16 am

;D, not sure if you meant that as a joke, but just ;D
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #467: Dec 18, 2014 10:49:20 am
      What a pleasure it was to see us play football again, especially in the first half. 3 really good goals.

Well done BR for picking probably our strongest 11 available. It was also good to see Sakho get some game time.

We went as a team low on confidence to a team that's flying with confidence, they might be a division lower but they are scoring goals for fun at the moment and I thought it was a potential banana skin. But from the first whistle we dominated and showed our class. Bournemouth had two or three good chances and should have taken them but I always felt we could step it up a gear or 2 if we needed.

Thought Coutinho and Lallana were brilliant. Sterling had a good game too but despite his two goals still doesn't look clinical to me! He should have had a hat trick at least but maybe I'm being a bit harsh. I had sterling first goal and a 3-1 win so im not complaining.

Same team for Arsenal please boss.

harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,921 posts | 964 
      Reply #468: Dec 18, 2014 03:42:36 pm
      I think the main point to take from the last two games is that we can actually be dangerous in attack when we have a fluid front 3 who combine pace, movement, and trickery.  Against Man U, we created a lot but just didn't finish.  Tonight, we got the goals that our attacking play deserved. 

The big question moving forward will be:  are we better suited to playing a back 3 than a back 4?  You can certainly make a case that some of our players benefit from having a 3rd CB on the field.  Stevie seems to benefit from having fewer defensive responsibilities.  Likewise, Moreno is very good going forward, but is prone to a mistake on the defensive side of the ball.  We don't have any very good RB's, but with how well Markovic has been playing at LWB I'd like to think he could do a good job on the other flank. 

The problem with the 3 CBs is that we looked particularly vulnerable every time they strung together several quick passes.  This is something Arsenal do as well as anyone, so we could be asking for it if we field the back 3 this weekend.....  Oh the dilemma  :-\
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #469: Dec 18, 2014 03:50:20 pm
      Gerrard. Imperious, and judging by the standing ovation the Bournemouth fans gave him when he came off, they are better at judging a top player than some of our own. 7/10.

Seriously, a standing ovation for a below par performance? I must have missed this standing ovation from Bournemouth fans, are you sure they gave him one? Not heard anything about this.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #470: Dec 18, 2014 06:24:39 pm
      Was a very enjoyable game, and we might just make a striker out of Sterling yet :-)

Seriously this is what has been missing all season, pace up front now please please please don't go messing with this new system Brendan, all I would change is bring back Migs and start Sakho instead of Lovren and I think we'd have a decent chance against Arsenal
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #471: Dec 18, 2014 06:57:50 pm
      My ratings:

Jones. What on earth was he doing with the goal? Seriously, get Mignolet back and quick. 3/10.

Henderson. Ran around a lot and mixed in with his trademark brainlessness there were some good things. As a right wing back he may even make a decent player. 6/10.

Toure. Did little wrong other than be the obvious one who the opposition will press when we're keeping it. So long as we allow him to launch it when pressured, is doing well. 6/10.

Skrtel. Solid all game. 6/10.

The future captain. Still looked edgy, but hard to tell when he picked up his injury. 5/10.

***** I'll add a note in the 3 at the back thread as to where I think the centre halves could be a lot tighter.

Markovic. No wing back obviously but tried his best in the role. What is becoming increasingly obvious however is that he is a very gifted footballer indeed. Great ball for the first, great finish for the second. Early days yet, but has come out of the pack of mediocrity to be a real beacon. No surprise either that he looks better left side. Young players often prefer that as it opens the pitch out for them. 7/10.

Lucas. Excellent and dovetailed very well with Gerrard. It may well be that this partnership which all of us have previously written off is actually the right one for the three at the back system. 7/10.

Coutinho. His best game for a while. Tried to force it a little sometimes, but really is a wonderful little footballer. 7/10.

Lallana. Another assist and it really ought to have been two. Get him on the ball in and around the box and things happen. He'll feed Sturridge all day long. 7/10.

Sterling. Brilliant response to some totally OTT criticism. Two good goals, should have had a hat trick but does get MOM by a clear margin. 8/10.

Subs.

Sakho. Always liked him and he looked good. 7/10.

Can. His physicality helped. 6/10.

I wish you'd kindly stop referring to that waste of space Lovren as our future captain. Of all our CB's, he is by far the weakest of the bunch. Was so happy when Sakho replaced him. It's abundantly clear Lovren should not get back in the starting 11.

6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #472: Dec 18, 2014 08:34:20 pm

Agree with a lot of what you said bigmick but he got skinned down that wing loads of times first half and that's why Sakho replaced him.. and it made a difference...more of him please...Lovren's injury excuse was a blag I reckon..

First time I've seen Markovic in the D on the edge of the box since he came here.. Sweet finish !..more of that please..

We cut them open with those dinky triangles first half and we played like a different team completely... They just couldn't get near Lallana and Coutinho.. more of that please !

Solid Gerrard and Lucas understanding in midfield.. haven't seen that for ages !..

Jones and Mignolet can't kick a ball.. and when they do they kick it straight back to the opposition.. and that worries me .. a lot..
      and our goalkeeper can't be doing that in the semi final...

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #473: Dec 19, 2014 09:07:07 pm

Not at this club he wont be.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #474: Dec 20, 2014 03:17:18 am
      hey it was a great game and first time this season that i enjoyeed watching lfc but ppl,thats damn bournemouth,this victory shouldnt be questionable at all,we should celebrate this victory b4 the begining of the match,so what if they are champs leaders,we are liverpool and victory against the clubs of this stature shouldnt be brought under doubt
      great win any way and i really enjoyeed the football,great job lads

Quick Reply