Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Anfield needs a new hero!

Read 3608 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: Anfield needs a new hero!
      Reply #23: Jan 12, 2015 07:19:15 pm
      I can name about EIGHT heroes we've sold in the past 5 years or so. And probably ONE signed (Luis) who got asset stripped out too.

2014:
      Suarez: Suarez was shoved out the door? He did not want to go to Barca?
      Agger:  Possibly
      Reina:  Possibly

2013:
      Carra:  Not shoved out, wanted the TV gig..even he has said that

2012:
      Kuyt: Possibly but went to the Turkish league? great servant of the club...but a hero like Rushie or Barnes? doubtful
      Maxi

2011:
      Meireles

2010:
      Torres
      Masch (Before FSG)

There are your biggest transfers out of Anfield the last 5 years...I am sorry but I don't see 8 heros being thown out the door.

I see a couple of stikers (one that wanted to go to Barca) and the other that is now playing on a loan; I see a couple of wide players where two of them ended up playing in Turkey and one went back home at his request.

Agger & Reina heros that were sent packing a year early? maybe...but 8 "Hero's" forced out the door?  not likely.

Torres, Meirles, Kuyt, Maxi were not Anfield heros and to suggest they are is a joke...I would even go as far to say that out of that entire list Carra as the only true hero.
      « Last Edit: Jan 12, 2015 07:30:24 pm by AZPatriot »
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #24: Jan 12, 2015 07:27:37 pm
      I'm ready to step in if they need me

With all due respect mate I don't see you in that role

I think you have quit and aren't going to watch anymore at least 17 times this season

:D  ;)

JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #25: Jan 12, 2015 08:08:21 pm
      2014:
      Suarez: Suarez was shoved out the door? He did not want to go to Barca?
      Agger:  Possibly
      Reina:  Possibly

2013:
      Carra:  Not shoved out, wanted the TV gig..even he has said that

2012:
      Kuyt: Possibly but went to the Turkish league? great servant of the club...but a hero like Rushie or Barnes? doubtful
      Maxi

2011:
      Meireles

2010:
      Torres
      Masch (Before FSG)

There are your biggest transfers out of Anfield the last 5 years...I am sorry but I don't see 8 heros being thown out the door.

I see a couple of stikers (one that wanted to go to Barca) and the other that is now playing on a loan; I see a couple of wide players where two of them ended up playing in Turkey and one went back home at his request.

Agger & Reina heros that were sent packing a year early? maybe...but 8 "Hero's" forced out the door?  not likely.

Torres, Meirles, Kuyt, Maxi were not Anfield heros and to suggest they are is a joke...I would even go as far to say that out of that entire list Carra as the only true hero.

C'mon.  Don't let facts get in the way of a good rant.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #26: Jan 12, 2015 11:26:07 pm

To be honest there are some very good players out of contract this summer. Bet we won't act on it though.

Quick Reply