Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match

Jones
      0 (0%)
      K Touré
      0 (0%)
      Skrtel
      10 (10.1%)
      Sakho
      3 (3%)
      Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Lucas
      7 (7.1%)
      Gerrard
      0 (0%)
      Markovic
      14 (14.1%)
      Coutinho
      49 (49.5%)
      Sterling
      2 (2%)
      Lallana
      13 (13.1%)
      Borini
      1 (1%)
      Lambert
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Liverpool 2:2 Arsenal, In game & post match phew.

Read 19756 times
      TheRedPanda
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 362 posts | 82 
      Re: Liverpool 2:2 Arsenal, In game & post match phew.
      Reply #483: Dec 22, 2014 04:27:29 am
      My ratings:

Jones: He definitely commands his area better than Mignolet. Unfortunately he doesn't actually save anything. A better passer of the football than some of our centre backs though. 5/10.

Markovic: Obviously not a wing back, but I like the fact he's being played there. It's allowing him to feel his way into the Premiership, and to get some confidence going. Obviously a talented footballer. 6/10.

Sakho: Did pretty well aside from a couple of trademark Bambi moves in possession and a baffling decision not to get close to Giroud for the second goal. 5/10.

Skrtel: At fault for the first goal in that he over anticipated and got sucked in a step too much under the ball. A bit unlucky from there that his attempt at a recovery saw the ball deflected in. Great equaliser though, very brave with an injury. 7/10.

Toure: Did little wrong other than like Skrtel and Sakho, being unaware of Giroud for the second. 6/10.

Gerrard: Some good moments mixed in with the ordinary. Did pretty well but outshone by his midfield partner. 7/10.

Lucas: I thought he was magnificent. Not his job to score, I wish he wouldn't even go there but such was our dominance he was able to do so with impunity and he almost won us the game. If we're serious about playing the 3-4-3 long term, we should give him a. New contract. MOM by miles. 9/10.

Henderson: a few trademark brainless moments, but in general not too bad. 6/10.

Coutinho: would have been MOM but for his wastefulness in front of goal.what. Footballer though. 8/10.

Sterling: did enough when back out wide to show THAT is his position really. 7/10.

Lallana: continues to impress. 8/10.

Very fair and unbiased ratings there. Spot On.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,480 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #484: Dec 22, 2014 05:26:54 am
      My ratings:

Jones: He definitely commands his area better than Mignolet. Unfortunately he doesn't actually save anything. A better passer of the football than some of our centre backs though. 5/10.

Markovic: Obviously not a wing back, but I like the fact he's being played there. It's allowing him to feel his way into the Premiership, and to get some confidence going. Obviously a talented footballer. 6/10.

Sakho: Did pretty well aside from a couple of trademark Bambi moves in possession and a baffling decision not to get close to Giroud for the second goal. 5/10.

Skrtel: At fault for the first goal in that he over anticipated and got sucked in a step too much under the ball. A bit unlucky from there that his attempt at a recovery saw the ball deflected in. Great equaliser though, very brave with an injury. 7/10.

Toure: Did little wrong other than like Skrtel and Sakho, being unaware of Giroud for the second. 6/10.

Gerrard: Some good moments mixed in with the ordinary. Did pretty well but outshone by his midfield partner. 7/10.

Lucas: I thought he was magnificent. Not his job to score, I wish he wouldn't even go there but such was our dominance he was able to do so with impunity and he almost won us the game. If we're serious about playing the 3-4-3 long term, we should give him a. New contract. MOM by miles. 9/10.

Henderson: a few trademark brainless moments, but in general not too bad. 6/10.

Coutinho: would have been MOM but for his wastefulness in front of goal.what. Footballer though. 8/10.

Sterling: did enough when back out wide to show THAT is his position really. 7/10.

Lallana: continues to impress. 8/10.

Pretty much agree with this.

Henderson though, not through any fault of his was not supplied with the ball enough. The right wing was there to be exploited in the second half and we didn't take the chance to do that. Not enough anyway.

Overall, I was impresseed with our display yesterday and hopefully it can be the kickstart to a long successful run of games.
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #485: Dec 22, 2014 07:16:46 am
      I agree with Mick
      However i think Henderson & Jones both need replacing asap.
      Neither of them will ever be good enough.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #486: Dec 22, 2014 08:26:40 am
      Fabio Borini ‏@borinifabio29 12h12 hours ago

Sometimes passion gets the better of you.. And tonight I wish I had thought a little more...

It's hard not to like the guy
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #487: Dec 22, 2014 08:31:22 am
      Very good performance and I really don't know how we didn't win .
      Arsene wenger is as blinkered a s ever claiming they should of won ;D.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #488: Dec 22, 2014 08:34:12 am
      It's Lallana not Llalana :D

Seen that a few times now
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #489: Dec 22, 2014 10:13:51 am
      2 points dropped. Didn't take our chances yet again and I can't help but feel disappointed. Rescuing a draw in stoppage time in a game you should have won shouldn't be celebrated in my opinion.

A decent performance though and many positives to take.

The back three is working well with Lucas and Gerrard sitting in front of them. They finally have a goalie behind them who doesn't create so much panic too. Unsure why Jones is getting so much stick. He might not be to our standard and he will concede goals, but anyone is better than Mignolet. What impresses me most about Jones is how quickly he throws the ball out and begins the counter attack for us. It's refreshing from usually watching that dopey Belgian slow everything down for us. He's not frightened to come and catch a cross either, so well done Brad.

Thought Skrtel had a solid game in particular and I'm not his biggest fan. He is another one who creates chaos in our defence but yesterday he was solid. Sakho had a good game too.

Markovic is getting more confident with each game but I'm going to be a bit critical of him. May be a bit harsh as he is playing wing back for us at the moment but I'd like to see him run at people more & shoot etc, make himself more dangerous. He needs to chip in with goals and assists.

Wasn't impressed with Henderson yesterday. He will work hard for you all game but he just fills the numbers for me. Not his natural position so maybe I'm being unfair again but whenever he received the ball yesterday he wanted to cut inside instead of hogging the touchline. I was sat in the lower centenary yesterday so Henderson was on our side in the first half and he had acres of space but never used it. BR should have put sterling on the right at HT. Said it on here before, hes a good squad player Hendo but that's it. I'd be interested to see how many assists/goals he has got in a Liverpool shirt.

Coutinho was brilliant but he is playing in a team who aren't on his wave length. I genuinely believe he has the talent to be the best midfielder in Europe and that if he was playing for Real or Barca with players of that calibre around him then he would flourish. He has the football mind of a genius though, similar to our Luis.

Lallana did ok. Like Henderson and Markovic though, we need more from him. We paid big money for him so he needs to chip in with goals and assists.

Sterling had a poor game for me but was isolated. We didn't create anything for him.

Overall it was pleasing to see us press high up the pitch again and play with a lot of pace and energy. We should have won but I suppose it is important we stopped Arsenal getting the 3 points to keep in touching distance with them.  I'm not worried about Southampton or west ham etc - they will fade.

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1648 
      • YNWA
      Reply #490: Dec 22, 2014 11:23:46 am

Sometimes passion gets the better of you.. And tonight I wish I had thought a little more...

And I wish you'd left in the summer.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #491: Dec 22, 2014 11:28:17 am
      BR - Instead of looking like a tactical genius in making the right substitution decisions, I would much rather he just gets them right with the starting 11.

Too much to ask?
      What was wrong with the starting 11?
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #492: Dec 22, 2014 11:32:12 am

Feel for him. Flamini, on yellow card, clattered Lallana with elbow - should have been a second booking and a red.
      Borini clearly won the ball for us but the linesman was blind - wrong decision and Fabio got booked. No doubt about his second offense.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #493: Dec 22, 2014 11:34:52 am

It's hard to actually like the guy, it's like deja vu, everything he ever does and it never leads to us winning. Sick of hearing his excuses.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #494: Dec 22, 2014 11:36:42 am
      "post match phew"?

Cant say I was dancing in the street after yday.
      We slaughtered em 5-1 last season, most of the work done in 30mins or so.

This time we were fortunate to even draw. As dire as Stoke in a bottom of the table "must draw" fixture.
      Glad I swerved it again at the ground. If I ever have the word "mug" tattooed on my forehead, I'll let John Foureyes know.

Team without a soul. Hail be to the Almighty Dollar! :o
      They've had long enough ie FOUR YEARS and this is one of our worst starts for FIFTY YEARS!
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30470703
      Sell up and f**k off.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #495: Dec 22, 2014 11:39:23 am
      Looking back at Arsenal's team, they were without Ramsey, Arteta and Wilshere, so is it any wonder we dominated possession?

2 points dropped. Didn't take our chances yet again and I can't help but feel disappointed. Rescuing a draw in stoppage time in a game you should have won shouldn't be celebrated in my opinion.

Well I celebrated the goal but was still pissed off we hadn't won the game!

My bluenose dad said he would have turned off after Borini got sent off, I told him no that was when I said I'd settle for the draw...
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #496: Dec 22, 2014 11:41:31 am
      "post match phew"?

This time we were fortunate to even draw. As dire as Stoke in a bottom of the table "must draw" fixture.
      Glad I swerved it again at the ground. If I ever have the word "mug" tattooed on my forehead, I'll let John Foureyes know.

They've had long enough ie FOUR YEARS and this is one of our worst starts for FIFTY YEARS!
      Sell up and f**k off.

Any comments on the actual game, performances, positives, negatives etc.
      Nope just the usual sh*te in every thread you post in.

Keep up the good work soft lad.

Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #497: Dec 22, 2014 11:50:59 am
      Gerrard and Lucas not doing themselves any good with these types of performances. Offered nothing in attack today.

Gerrad did alright at the start, linking up well with the left hand side today, but soon ran out of batteries.

Worryingly, he wouldnt have got away with his free role today if Arsenal had picked him up.   
      Wrong on Lucas, he was feeding attackers in front of him with crisp passes all night.
      solodee

• 6,033 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #498: Dec 22, 2014 12:15:38 pm
      Skrtel MOTM for the winning goal.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #499: Dec 22, 2014 12:55:55 pm
      Skrtel MOTM for the winning goal.

Technically and I don't know if anyone else saw it, the first Arse goal went in off the back of Skrel's head. If it hadn't struck him Jones would have got a hand to it, just saying like.
      But F**k it Martin for MOTM, Roy Of The Rovers stuff that was.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #500: Dec 22, 2014 01:18:58 pm
      Wrong on Lucas, he was feeding attackers in front of him with crisp passes all night.

Yep.
      Played well, kept the ball moving.

Regarding Lucas, it looks like BR has told him to push up more and join the attacks.
      He's been doing this for a while now (when played), and if it is to continue he needs to find his shooting boots.

We're steadily improving now from week to week.
      Good to see.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #501: Dec 22, 2014 01:27:42 pm
      Played some blinding football again yesterday the kind of football suggesting that the confidence might be coming back to the players and we might have stubled across a formation that with a bit of tweaking might suit us

Big January coming up for the boss. Goalkeeper and a commanding centre half are vital. If we get that and Sturridge back fit then we might just salvage this season with a few cups and maybe top 4

I give Skrtel enough stick so Ill certainly applaud the boy for that header and his command to Lallana to put it on his head. In Lallana and Coutinho we have 2 little magicians Sturridge when fit will have a ball with these 2 feeding him

Felt for Borini. Silly tackle but his passion came out on the first yellow he ran his socks off for the team and won that throw wich went against him. Our other Italian could learn from Fabios efforts
      solodee

• 6,033 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #502: Dec 22, 2014 01:46:14 pm
      Technically and I don't know if anyone else saw it, the first Arse goal went in off the back of Skrel's head. If it hadn't struck him Jones would have got a hand to it, just saying like.
      But f**k it Martin for MOTM, Roy Of The Rovers stuff that was.

Already mentioned it earlier that the ball deflected off Skrtel's head. So it wasn't for Skrtel's lack of attempt at defending. He just got out-jumped by the arse player.

But looking at the goal again, shouldn't Brad have come out and attacked that ball? Which brings the question;

Who is really better Brad or Simeon?

Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #503: Dec 22, 2014 01:52:00 pm
      "post match phew"?

Sell up and f**k off.

Kin'ell, you're like a broken record. Bore off lad.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #504: Dec 22, 2014 01:54:30 pm
      Already mentioned it earlier that the ball deflected off Skrtel's head. So it wasn't for Skrtel's lack of attempt at defending. He just got out-jumped by the arse player.

But looking at the goal again, shouldn't Brad have come out and attacked that ball? Which brings the question;

Jones.

Mignolet is awful.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #505: Dec 22, 2014 02:03:44 pm

Didn't see your comment but what does come to mind as well is the question of whether Skrtel was being impeded by the smaller Arse lad who did have two hands on his shoulder.
      Thought Jones had a good game and don't believe he was in a position to affect play at that point, he was more assertive than Mignolet.   

Quick Reply