Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match:

Jones
      2 (2.3%)
      Touré
      1 (1.2%)
      Skrtel
      1 (1.2%)
      Sakho
      25 (29.1%)
      Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Gerrard
      0 (0%)
      Lucas
      2 (2.3%)
      Markovic
      0 (0%)
      Coutinho
      14 (16.3%)
      Sterling
      15 (17.4%)
      Lallana
      8 (9.3%)
      Mignolet
      5 (5.8%)
      Can
      12 (14%)
      Lambert
      1 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Burnley 0:1 Liverpool. In game & post match smash and grab.

Read 27548 times
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Re: Burnley 0:1 Liverpool. In game & post match smash and grab.
      Reply #575: Dec 27, 2014 04:15:37 pm
      Ugly win but a win it was. A very tough match, but we got the win. However, we seem to make 1 step forwards, then 1 step backwards. I really expected us to push on and dominate the match comfortable. We didn't, but we still got the win, however we need to build some momentum to make a push up the table.

As for performances, Sakho was my MOTM, he wasn't great but he was the best out of the lot. Very impressed with Can, I think he should play in central midfield next to Lucas.

Our goalkeepers are the biggest joke though, not enough to express into words how poor they both were.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #576: Dec 27, 2014 04:39:19 pm
      Burnley 0 - 1 Liverpool Extended Highlights 26/12/2014 - Premier League

Not much of note to watch in the highlights to be honest. Worried about Mignolet, he seems to be getting worse. We look pretty toothless up front, and Raheem as a lone striker is not the answer; nor is putting more pressure on him to deliver.

Lazar seems to be playing out of position as does Hendo.
      Canuck33
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 345 posts | 19 
      Reply #577: Dec 27, 2014 05:25:25 pm
      My sincere apologies for suggesting I might know something about how the team has played this season. I'm ashamed of myself for being so presumptuous.
      In future I'll keep quiet, and just listen to the ramblings of tw*ts like yourself instead. Who the f**k do you think you are.

Great! Comes on here, has absolutely no clue what happened because he didn't watch the game, gives an in-depth analysis of same, and then gets all high and mighty, when someone tells him to watch the game before he gives his opinion about it. Oh, that's comedy gold! Are you a politician or something? That useless lot operates in the same fashion.
      Canuck33
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 345 posts | 19 
      Reply #578: Dec 27, 2014 05:27:20 pm
      Not much of note to watch in the highlights to be honest. Worried about Mignolet, he seems to be getting worse. We look pretty toothless up front, and Raheem as a lone striker is not the answer; nor is putting more pressure on him to deliver.

Lazar seems to be playing out of position as does Hendo.

Henderson seems to be playing out of position everywhere he ends up playing.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #579: Dec 27, 2014 05:36:38 pm
      Henderson seems to be playing out of position everywhere he ends up playing.

Nah, he needs a central role. All up for dropping Stevie to allow that, especially if he's going to keep us in the lurch in regards to his contract.
      Tadders

• 6,767 posts | 570 
      Reply #580: Dec 27, 2014 06:05:44 pm
      Would Mignolets have let the ball cross the goal line in the same situation as giving the corner away - football these days staggers me an under 11 goalkeeper wouldn't do that - yet we have the number 1 for Liverpool FC doing it in a top flight game- his head must be scrambled 
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #581: Dec 27, 2014 07:12:38 pm
      Dreadful game to watch..
      Best part of the 90 was Coutinho's overhead pass to Sterling for the goal.....

Henderson has suddenly become a full back...hasn't he?

As with Bournemouth the other night , if Burnley had better finishers we would have got turned over.. and thats a fact..

It's a slow and painful Liverpool game I watch these days..and I'm amazed how close we still are to breaking in to the top 4..

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #582: Dec 27, 2014 09:24:09 pm
      Saw the 'highlights' on MOTD - didn't look like we created an awful lot ... but we got the 3 points which was really important. And a clean sheet too :)

Standout moments, Cou's pass for Sterling to finish ... and Migs letting the ball run out over then end line before a clearance - how bad was that!? I've been critical of BR for starting Jones who is a liability and will cost us again ... but looking at Migs, he seems to have had the equivalent of a footballing-nervous-breakdown.

Given we really don't have keepers or strikers to speak of it's a minor miracle we're still in with an outside chance of top4 ... if BR can do some good business in Jan.

Hopefully Daniel is back in 13 days and more finished product will come to our game. I can see him banging them in when he gets back, I really can and hope he F***ing does.

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #583: Dec 28, 2014 02:16:18 am
      Great! Comes on here, has absolutely no clue what happened because he didn't watch the game, gives an in-depth analysis of same, and then gets all high and mighty, when someone tells him to watch the game before he gives his opinion about it. Oh, that's comedy gold! Are you a politician or something? That useless lot operates in the same
      Being at the game, or live tv is not the only two options of getting info on a performance canuck, so keep your ill advised comments to yourself. Post what you want about the match mate, your opinions on that are always welcome, and disagree with others if that's how you feel, but don't get personal, that's not what the forum is for. Not getting involved in a slanging match, got better things to do.

Not gonna get involved in a slanging match with someone who knows F**k all about me, or vice ver 
      Canuck33
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 345 posts | 19 
      Reply #584: Dec 28, 2014 02:56:43 am
      Being at the game, or live tv is not the only two options of getting info on a performance canuck, so keep your ill advised comments to yourself. Post what you want about the match mate, your opinions on that are always welcome, and disagree with others if that's how you feel, but don't get personal, that's not what the forum is for. Not getting involved in a slanging match, got better things to do.

Not gonna get involved in a slanging match with someone who knows f**k all about me, or vice ver

Yawn!
      DanMann

• 5,742 posts | 882 
      Reply #585: Dec 28, 2014 04:57:01 pm
      All of a sudden the 1-0 victory away to Burnley doesn't seem so bad.... !!
      Canuck33
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 345 posts | 19 
      Reply #586: Dec 28, 2014 09:52:37 pm
      All of a sudden the 1-0 victory away to Burnley doesn't seem so bad.... !!

Please, let's not go there. Just because City slipped up, doesn't make the performance look any better than it did.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #587: Dec 28, 2014 10:26:55 pm
      Please, let's not go there. Just because City slipped up, doesn't make the performance look any bettber than it did.

Jesus wept, wtf do you want?
      It was worth 3 points and an away  win.
      « Last Edit: Dec 28, 2014 10:40:36 pm by stuey »
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #588: Dec 28, 2014 10:30:47 pm
      If anything, Burnley's draw with City showed just how hard the smaller teams scrap when they play a big gun. We got all the points, city didn't!  Job done!
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,654 posts | 482 
      Reply #589: Dec 29, 2014 06:09:32 am
      If anything, Burnley's draw with City showed just how hard the smaller teams scrap when they play a big gun. We got all the points, city didn't!  Job done!
      That too at the Etihad Staduim.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #590: Dec 29, 2014 07:05:27 am
      Made the point in another thread - it's a crazy season.

We narrowly beat Southampton who (until recently) turn out to have top four form.

We play Newcastle who go onto a six game winning streak that pushes Pardew from the sack to manager of the month.

United go from a record that was worse than Moyes to a six game winning streak.

Sam Allardyce is mixing it up in the top four powered by Stuart Downing and Andy Carroll.

It's nuts.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      Reply #591: Dec 29, 2014 09:58:18 am
      Made the point in another thread - it's a crazy season.

We narrowly beat Southampton who (until recently) turn out to have top four form.

We play Newcastle who go onto a six game winning streak that pushes Pardew from the sack to manager of the month.

United go from a record that was worse than Moyes to a six game winning streak.

Sam Allardyce is mixing it up in the top four powered by Stuart Downing and Andy Carroll.

It's nuts.

You might be onto something. The World is F***ing upside down!

bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #592: Dec 29, 2014 10:04:36 am
      You mean like signing Konoplyanka?  Yep it was definitely Brendan's fault we missed out on that signing!!!
      No mate , like signing a decent cb and another striker , our defence was and still is a shambles we knew that Suarez was never going to stay so that was the time to go into the market and buy while we were still strong. As for Konoplyanka , if he was so good why didn't Rodgers buy him in the summer ?He and the committee wasted all that transfer window chasing shadows mate .

Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #593: Dec 29, 2014 10:39:00 am
      You might be onto something. The World is f**king upside down!

It's not mate - it just seems that way because you're in Oz  :D
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #594: Dec 29, 2014 12:04:24 pm
      Quote from Canuck33
      Please, let's not go there. Just because City slipped up, doesn't make the performance look any better than it did.

Does it have to? The facts are we beat Burnley, others didn't.

We now have a great chance to recover 2 points ground on all the Top 4 against Swansea, and 5 on Chelsea before their next game. Such chances are rare, they have to be taken.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      Reply #595: Dec 29, 2014 07:38:08 pm
      It's not mate - it just seems that way because you're in Oz  :D

Mate it's Downunder, not Underdown.  ???
      Flying Squirrel 39
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts | 23 
      Reply #596: Jan 02, 2015 08:43:51 pm
      Nah, he needs a central role. All up for dropping Stevie to allow that, especially if he's going to keep us in the lurch in regards to his contract.

Drop Steven Gerrard to accomodate Jordan Henderson?Wow... ??? Henderson was acceptable last season because of the company he was in.He is literally 1/10 of the player Gerrard is.On a bad day for Steven and a good one for Jordan maybe 3/10.He certainly looks out of place in any role,running around all over the place only to end up with his typical back and side passes.We´re going nowhere if he´s going to be our next 8.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #597: Jan 03, 2015 10:37:26 am
      Drop Steven Gerrard to accomodate Jordan Henderson?Wow... ??? Henderson was acceptable last season because of the company he was in.He is literally 1/10 of the player Gerrard is.On a bad day for Steven and a good one for Jordan maybe 3/10.He certainly looks out of place in any role,running around all over the place only to end up with his typical back and side passes.We´re going nowhere if he´s going to be our next 8.

You remind me of people when Lucas was in the team during his first two seasons here. I'll gladly eat my words should he not be up to the job.

He is being played out of position currently, in my opinion. But to say he's out of place in any role is ridiculous.

Quick Reply