Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 25th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W13 D5 L6

Danny Ward (Liverpool > Leicester)

Read 24446 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 28,781 posts | 3426 
      Re: Danny Ward Player Thread
      Reply #180: Aug 13, 2017 10:30:33 pm
      Mignolet cost us around 15-20 points. We would have been contenders with a better keeper. He cost us 2 point in 1 game this season so far, I will be keeping a tally.

Absolute horseshit and you know it!! So how about up the other end of the field, when Mane was back in Africa and we couldn't hit an elephants arse with a banjo, do you think that had a little something to do with us not being contenders?
      Ribapuru
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,581 posts | 1295 
      Reply #181: Aug 14, 2017 12:10:48 pm
      Absolute horseshit and you know it!! So how about up the other end of the field, when Mane was back in Africa and we couldn't hit an elephants arse with a banjo, do you think that had a little something to do with us not being contenders?
      I don't have last season's stats, but season before Mignolet was the reason we didn't compete for a champions league spot. Before you call that h*******t, I came with evidence.

www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/04/23/simon-mignolet-could-cost-liverpool-a-champions-league-spot
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,441 posts | 4840 
      • YNWA
      Reply #182: Aug 14, 2017 12:25:20 pm
      Mignolet was indeed culpable of at least 6 dropped points (off the top off my head) in 2015/2016 - two in matches where we led 2-0 (Sunderland and Newcastle at home). Another 2-2 draw against West Brom was another horrific performance where he was to blame for at least of their goals. Definitely a case that Mignolet's keeping has cost this club millions of pounds in not competing in Europe and while it is a team effort I would hold him most culpable of having not competed in Europe last year.

There is no way one of or even both Ward and Karius are worse than Mignolet. There was a time when he deserved a season or so to bed himself in and develop which meant any mistake could be tolerated (in my mind at least) but rather than develop he has probably got worse and worse. Given the amount f appearances he's had at the club I'd say he's the worst player I've ever seen play for Liverpool this century. For sure, we've seen the likes of Konchesky, Aspas, Jovanovic etc play for the club but not enough to inflict any real damage on the club via their performances like Mignolet has.

If I was Karius or Ward, particularly given his reliable and excellent year at Huddersfield last season, I'd feel gutted and even a little mistrustful of Jürgen if I was behind Mignolet in the pecking order.
      « Last Edit: Aug 14, 2017 12:38:21 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 28,781 posts | 3426 
      Reply #183: Aug 14, 2017 12:55:41 pm
      I don't have last season's stats, but season before Mignolet was the reason we didn't compete for a champions league spot. Before you call that h*******t, I came with evidence.

www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/04/23/simon-mignolet-could-cost-liverpool-a-champions-league-spot

F**k off you annoying bellend!!

Instead of collating stats, just go the f**king match.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,460 posts | 338 
      Reply #184: Aug 14, 2017 01:33:07 pm
      This is the problem with Migs he has only iffy game and we want to throw him under the bus because of past let downs. I've been his biggest critic but he actually imo had a good bordering on very good season last year so I'm willing to give him some benefit of doubt just now and hope Saturday was one of those games but ffs Simon if the ball is there to be catched catch it what was the punching sh*t at the weekend, where's he picked that up from? And ffs stop being such a pussy with cross balls go through anything that moves to get your hands on that ball stop cowering on your line like a bi*ch
      harry_lewis00
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #185: Aug 16, 2017 06:48:51 pm
      Anyone else think Danny Ward should be given a chance when mignolet next makes an error? This guy was instrumental to Huddersfield promotion, he's shown us all what he can do, yet he's still being disregarded by Klopp. It's surely not fair on someone of his quality to not even make the matchday squad, yet not even be allowed to look for options elsewhere, such as Watford, who wanted him.
      Ribapuru
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,581 posts | 1295 
      Reply #186: Aug 16, 2017 08:13:15 pm
      Anyone else think Danny Ward should be given a chance when mignolet next makes an error? This guy was instrumental to Huddersfield promotion, he's shown us all what he can do, yet he's still being disregarded by Klopp. It's surely not fair on someone of his quality to not even make the matchday squad, yet not even be allowed to look for options elsewhere, such as Watford, who wanted him.
      I thought that last season, but Huyton wouldn't like it. I think he has fallen in love with Mignolet. If you say bad things about him you are automatically chatting horsesh*t, and if you provide proof it's a case of being an annoying belle*d. I think Klopp better check with him before giving Ward a chance. I was going to make a GIF with the word Huyton Mad on a Hulk jpeg! but I can't be bothered to apply to Disney for permission.. copyright and all.
      « Last Edit: Aug 16, 2017 08:20:25 pm by Ribapuru »
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,460 posts | 338 
      Reply #187: Aug 16, 2017 10:17:21 pm

Huddersfield conceded 58 goals in the Championship last season most of which I assume was past Danny Ward. Not saying that makes him a poor goal keeper but I think he's being made out to be better than he is...
      With Mignolet we can't prey on his every move, he will make mistakes. Courtois had a bit of a wobble at the weekend, Lloris has a clanger in him every so often etc etc. Mignolet will be our keeper this season bar a string of calamities so let's get behind him
      chats
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,368 posts | 683 
      Reply #188: Aug 16, 2017 10:58:03 pm
      Ward had nothing more than a solid season for Huddersfield last year. Not poor by any means but certainly not a great campaign. Think people's opinions have been skewed by those penalty saves in the playoffs to be honest.
      Scouser4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts | 33 
      Reply #189: Aug 17, 2017 08:56:54 am
      Huddersfield conceded 58 goals in the Championship last season most of which I assume was past Danny Ward. Not saying that makes him a poor goal keeper but I think he's being made out to be better than he is...
      With Mignolet we can't prey on his every move, he will make mistakes. Courtois had a bit of a wobble at the weekend, Lloris has a clanger in him every so often etc etc. Mignolet will be our keeper this season bar a string of calamities so let's get behind him

So why keep him on the bench when you feel he isn't good enough to lead the line.

Chelsea loaned out their keeper for 3 seasons until they thought he was ready to lead the lines.

Should be keeping for Huddersfield in the Premiership now and gaining the much needed confidence
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 28,781 posts | 3426 
      Reply #190: Aug 17, 2017 04:27:17 pm
      I thought that last season, but Huyton wouldn't like it. I think he has fallen in love with Mignolet. If you say bad things about him you are automatically chatting horsesh*t, and if you provide proof it's a case of being an annoying belle*d. I think Klopp better check with him before giving Ward a chance. I was going to make a GIF with the word Huyton Mad on a Hulk jpeg! but I can't be bothered to apply to Disney for permission.. copyright and all.

Why don't you just make a GIF with the words "Gobshite Armchair Fan" as it would apply perfectly to you.

You're the total antithesis of what a Liverpool fan is you f**king dickhead!
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 22,358 posts | 2491 
      Reply #191: Sep 18, 2017 01:11:20 pm
      Will start in the league cup..

Confirmed by Klopp.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,197 posts | 60 
      Reply #192: Sep 18, 2017 01:14:35 pm
      That's good to hear, hope he has a good game and makes the other two buck their ideas up, eventually we might find a decent reliable keeper.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #193: Sep 18, 2017 02:16:12 pm
      Hope he impresses and puts real pressure on the two in front of him, bet of luck Danny lad.
      Diego LFC
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,683 posts | 2286 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #194: Sep 18, 2017 02:22:37 pm
      Seen Danny play live twice last season, in the playoff semifinal at Hillsborough and in the playoff final at Wembley, he was penalty saving hero in both. Danny, Danny Waaaaard! Good luck tomorrow to the lad.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 22,358 posts | 2491 
      Reply #195: Sep 18, 2017 02:46:08 pm
      In all honesty I feel more confident with Danny between the sticks than Mig & Karius.

I hope Danny cements his spot.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 760 posts | 212 
      Reply #196: Sep 18, 2017 06:12:55 pm
      In all honesty I feel more confident with Danny between the sticks than Mig & Karius.

I hope Danny cements his spot.

Me too homie. This news gets me hotter than 3 mice f**king in a drawer full of wool socks!
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,176 posts | 2294 
      Reply #197: Sep 18, 2017 06:16:14 pm
      Me too homie. This news gets me hotter than 3 mice f**king in a drawer full of wool socks!

Not that I entirely understand either hypothesis but out of interest.......what exactly is it about mice, socks and a confined space that gets you all unnecessary?

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,713 posts | 1616 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #198: Sep 18, 2017 06:37:51 pm
      Let's hope the lad gets protection and isn't that busy
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,176 posts | 2294 
      Reply #199: Sep 18, 2017 06:39:49 pm
      Let's hope the lad gets protection and isn't that busy

Maybe best just hoping he gets a good sleep mate.

No point pitching too high 😱
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,713 posts | 1616 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #200: Sep 18, 2017 06:46:32 pm
      Maybe best just hoping he gets a good sleep mate.

No point pitching too high 😱

Having lovren in front of me wouldn't get me a good nights sleep
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,176 posts | 2294 
      Reply #201: Sep 18, 2017 07:13:44 pm
      Having lovren in front of me wouldn't get me a good nights sleep

Hmmm the thought of him, Migs and Bertie fannying about behind isn't exactly a nightcap either!
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 760 posts | 212 
      Reply #202: Sep 18, 2017 08:58:14 pm
      Not that I entirely understand either hypothesis but out of interest.......what exactly is it about mice, socks and a confined space that gets you all unnecessary?
      ;D
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,633 posts | 1118 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #203: Sep 19, 2017 09:48:28 pm
      Start him Saturdsy
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 38,521 posts | 3143 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #204: Sep 20, 2017 12:27:01 am
      We seem to be playing a different keeper for each competition (Arsenal game aside) so unless Ward gets a run out when we enter the FA Cup, I'm inclined to say that his season is now over thanks to this defeat. Shame.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,176 posts | 2294 
      Reply #205: Sep 20, 2017 07:47:41 am
      Lot to be liked.

Good lad Danny.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,057 posts | 433 
      Reply #206: Sep 20, 2017 08:03:38 am
      Impressed with him last night,did his job well,great handling,he can certainly kick a ball & catch a ball,comes off his line ( and quickly ) all these are  important attributes of any keeper worth his salt,it was just a f**king shame that the lad had to pick the ball out the net twice,will he play Saturday ?( he f**king should )  I very much doubt it,thinking back to what happened to Robertson after the palace game.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #207: Sep 20, 2017 08:07:25 am
      2 shot on target 2 goals conceded.

Hope the Mignolet stalkers don't cotton on.

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,714 posts | 2186 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #208: Sep 20, 2017 08:08:45 am

Hope the Mignolet stalkers don't cotton on.

1 catch under pressure.

God bless Danny Ward
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #209: Sep 20, 2017 08:16:31 am
      1 catch under pressure.

God bless Danny Ward

Same for Karius in his last game.

Not liking the shot/save ratio now?