Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Palace [Premier League] Sat 19th Jan @ 3:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 18th of January and on this date LFC's match record is P22 W10 D3 L9

Danny Ward (Liverpool > Leicester)

Read 23730 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,982 posts | 2782 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Danny Ward
      Reply #30: Jun 23, 2015 10:33:35 pm
      that said i'd rather have bogdan #2 than ward

Really? A keeper that couldn't even get in the Bolton team?
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Reply #31: Jun 23, 2015 10:47:15 pm
      Really? A keeper that couldn't even get in the Bolton team?

yes, he's just a bigger name to have in the squad ahead of ward who's played like 10 league 2 appearances.....

bogdan has 19 caps for hungary and has played a season in the prem, saving a rooney pen.

that said 2nd choice keepers don't interest me what so ever, i wouldn't have wanted this club to spend 10.9m on cech for example
      brezipool
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,509 posts | 127 
      • COME ON THE REDMEN !
      Reply #32: Jun 24, 2015 07:51:11 am
      Welll done Danny ward on his new contract.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,114 posts | 1341 
      Reply #33: Jun 26, 2015 06:21:03 pm
      He's joined Aberden on a season long loan.

18:14
      DONS SEAL WARD LOAN

Aberdeen have signed Liverpool goalkeeper Danny Ward on a season-long loan deal.

"I am delighted to get Danny on board," manager Derek McInnes said.

"He is a young goalkeeper we have been aware of for some time. We are thankful to Liverpool and Brendan [Rodgers] in particular for allowing this to happen."
      CHOW87
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 50 posts |
      Reply #34: Jun 26, 2015 06:55:25 pm
      Aberdeen have had problems with both senior keepers, so I imagine they've signed Danny to play him. A year of battling with Scottish forwards could be the making of him.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,429 posts | 284 
      Reply #35: Jun 28, 2015 01:11:21 pm
      Aberdeen have had problems with both senior keepers, so I imagine they've signed Danny to play him. A year of battling with Scottish forwards could be the making of him.

You're saying it like he'll face Real Madrid and Barcelona there :)) Scottish forwards are piss poor mate.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,425 posts | 1048 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #36: Jun 28, 2015 02:11:55 pm
      You're saying it like he'll face Real Madrid and Barcelona there :)) Scottish forwards are piss poor mate.

I think he means getting mashed on crosses
      fhands123
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 350 posts | 11 
      Reply #37: Jun 28, 2015 02:26:23 pm
      Not sure it massively matters where he goes as long as he's getting first team football. Obviously the higher the standard the better, but as a goalkeeper you have to deal with the same things wherever you go: crosses, shot stopping, one on ones and distribution etc.

It's not as Important as an outfield, who has to perform more in competition with the quality of opposition. Make sense?
      CHOW87
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 50 posts |
      Reply #38: Jun 28, 2015 07:31:05 pm
      I think he means getting mashed on crosses

Yeah that's what I meant.
      brezipool
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,509 posts | 127 
      • COME ON THE REDMEN !
      Reply #39: Jun 29, 2015 09:29:14 am
      Aberdeen play decent footi, and in the Europa Cup. Good move for him.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,547 posts | 1765 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Danny Ward Player Thread
      Reply #40: Jul 10, 2015 08:54:06 am
      Yesterday, he played whole 90 minutes and kept a clean sheet in Europa league.
      brezipool
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,509 posts | 127 
      • COME ON THE REDMEN !
      Reply #41: Jul 10, 2015 11:38:02 am
      Yesterday, he played whole 90 minutes and kept a clean sheet in Europa league.

Yea I noticed Aberdeen got thru.

These early Europa rounds are tough. St. Johnstone already out ffs. Is big reason why I think we should have a winter break and start season earlier up here. Need to give our teams a better chance in europe, these games are being played during pre-season.
      CHOW87
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 50 posts |
      Reply #42: Jul 16, 2015 10:01:36 pm
      After a nervous moment in the first couple of minutes, Danny was excellent tonight. Commanded his box well and made a couple of decent saves. 3-0 win away from home means Aberdeen should go through, meaning a few more European matches for him.
      Rigano
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #43: Aug 04, 2015 09:32:48 am
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #44: Aug 04, 2015 12:05:21 pm

Aberdeen fan, then?

Think a fair few of us on here would appreciate updates on his progress if you watch most of their games! :)
      BostonScouse
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 655 posts | 75 
      Reply #45: Aug 04, 2015 12:44:16 pm

Keep the updates coming please! Saw him in training when they were at Fenway last year and thought he looked an impressive athlete. Always love to see an academy grad succeed.
      Rigano
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #46: Aug 04, 2015 06:27:25 pm
      Hi,  yeah I've seen all his games so far,  very confident and impressive both in handling and kicking.  He's very popular up here. 

I'll update from time to time.  Big gulf in class here to England but match experience will really bring him on.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,934 posts | 2203 
      Reply #47: Aug 04, 2015 06:41:26 pm
      Hi,  yeah I've seen all his games so far,  very confident and impressive both in handling and kicking.  He's very popular up here. 

I'll update from time to time.  Big gulf in class here to England but match experience will really bring him on.

That's great to hear considering before going to Aberdeen he'd only had a few minutes 1st team football ever in his career.  Glad he's doing well for you mate.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #48: Aug 04, 2015 07:47:49 pm

Cheers, any info you can pass on will be much appreciated!
      Standfree1987
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #49: Aug 26, 2015 06:33:31 pm
      Danny Ward has been excellent for us so far a real confident young lad who has stepped straight into our team, and was today called into the Wales squad.

We have a good defence this season also, but we were always lacking at commanding our box at corners etc but Ward has offered improvement there, onward and upwards.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,114 posts | 1341 
      Reply #50: Aug 26, 2015 07:06:04 pm
      Danny Ward has been excellent for us so far a real confident young lad who has stepped straight into our team, and was today called into the Wales squad.

We have a good defence this season also, but we were always lacking at commanding our box at corners etc but Ward has offered improvement there, onward and upwards.

That's great to hear. I hope he carries on doing well and you keep picking up the points.
      Rigano
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #51: Aug 30, 2015 06:45:41 am
      Ward still playing fantastic.  What a great presence.  We tend to dominate games but he's still having to pull off great stops and his handling at corners is top notch.

We've taken on a full back from Liverpool too.  Difficult to see how he will get into our team but I doubt he's been loaned to sit on the bench.
      Rigano
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #52: Sep 15, 2015 10:15:09 pm
      Danny Ward, what a keeper, another clean sheet.  He is outstanding for us and the main reason for us being top of the league, played 7 won 7, conceded just 2 goals I believe. 

Alan McLaughlan was the fullback, he made his debut tonight, he is very fast, be interesting to see how he goes the next few months. 
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,082 posts | 1463 
      Reply #53: Sep 15, 2015 11:38:12 pm
      Ward still playing fantastic.  What a great presence.  We tend to dominate games but he's still having to pull off great stops and his handling at corners is top notch.

We've taken on a full back from Liverpool too.  Difficult to see how he will get into our team but I doubt he's been loaned to sit on the bench.

Danny Ward, what a keeper, another clean sheet.  He is outstanding for us and the main reason for us being top of the league, played 7 won 7, conceded just 2 goals I believe. 

Alan McLaughlan was the fullback, he made his debut tonight, he is very fast, be interesting to see how he goes the next few months. 

Thank you for the updates!!! Better than Migs then? :D
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,140 posts | 1252 
      Reply #54: Sep 16, 2015 01:20:03 am
      Only conceded two at Aberdeen, what a fantastic run they are on.
      CHOW87
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 50 posts |
      Reply #55: Sep 19, 2015 10:08:47 am
      Of the two he's conceded, one was a penalty and the other was a rebound after he saved the initial shot.

There's been none of the uncertainty that Migs keeps displaying and has already built up an understanding with his back four.

Dons fans are hoping he'll stay for a second season (especially if they make the Champions League) but he'll probably be at a higher level next season - either on loan to an EPL team or challenging Migs.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #56: Sep 19, 2015 10:20:20 am

Even though Bacon face has ties with the Dons, it'd be nice to see someone else will that league for a change.
      CHOW87
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 50 posts |
      Reply #57: Oct 26, 2015 07:08:01 pm
      I was at Pittodrie on Saturday to see Danny make four excellent saves in the last ten minutes to help avoid a fifth successive defeat for Aberdeen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF0ggOPMpBc

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,114 posts | 1341 
      Reply #58: Oct 26, 2015 07:22:41 pm
      I was at Pittodrie on Saturday to see Danny make four excellent saves in the last ten minutes to help avoid a fifth successive defeat for Aberdeen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF0ggOPMpBc

Glad to see he had a good game. I love it when teams give the younger lads opportunities, especially in key positions like a goalkeeper.
      CHOW87
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 50 posts |
      Reply #59: Oct 26, 2015 07:28:55 pm
      Celtic Park will be another big test for him on Saturday, but he certainly seems to have the right mentality for the big game.

Quick Reply