Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Danny Ward (Liverpool > Leicester)

Read 67119 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Danny Ward Player Thread
      Reply #69: Jan 10, 2016 10:52:37 pm
      Damning for Bogdan, great for Danny. They play plenty of football in the air in the SPL so he's certainly had aerial practice (and watching the Hearts Scots Cup game yesterday he can actually kick the ball!) Great reception and reviews he's had from Aberdeen fans tonight. By all accounts they're gutted and it seems to have been a very very successful period for him.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #70: Jan 10, 2016 10:54:13 pm
      I'm guessing Jürgen is having serious thoughts about playing Danny at some point in the next few weeks otherwise recalling him seems strange.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #71: Jan 10, 2016 10:54:51 pm
      and watching the Hearts Scots Cup game yesterday he can actually kick the ball!

how was his passing?
      Rigano
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #72: Jan 10, 2016 11:16:58 pm

His passing is spot on.  Massive step up to epl though..  He's far superior to bogdan.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #73: Jan 11, 2016 12:14:22 am
      His passing is spot on.  Massive step up to epl though..  He's far superior to bogdan.

Any sweeping?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #74: Jan 11, 2016 09:01:24 am
      Maybe Klopp doesn't want to play Bogdan in the FA cup replay after the errors he made, so he has recalled Ward. Seems like a good plan to me. Bogdan will probably be loaned out this January.
      hobbes2702
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts | 34 
      Reply #75: Jan 11, 2016 09:05:11 am
      Saw some rumors that Mignolet is injured
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #76: Jan 11, 2016 09:06:36 am
      Saw some rumors that Mignolet is injured
      Was it started by hobbes2702 on an internet forum? without a valid source I don't believe it.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #77: Jan 11, 2016 01:35:58 pm
      I'm guessing Jürgen is having serious thoughts about playing Danny at some point in the next few weeks otherwise recalling him seems strange.

I'm thinking he may be what Klopp means when he says he's "happy with the goalkeeping situation". Ward to replace Bogs as the number 2 and put pressure on Mong in goal? Perhaps even replace him? We can always hope.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #78: Jan 11, 2016 02:08:53 pm
      I'm thinking he may be what Klopp means when he says he's "happy with the goalkeeping situation". Ward to replace Bogs as the number 2 and put pressure on Mong in goal? Perhaps even replace him? We can always hope.

Possibly.

I'm not expecting Danny to jump ahead of Migs but if were recalling him I expect him to feature in the cups.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,695 posts | 3714 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #79: Jan 11, 2016 03:06:24 pm
      On the Echo, They said that Simon will be fit for Arsenal. I think Klopp was afraid that Bogdan will play against Arsenal and recalled Ward. I hope we can see what he is made of.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,021 posts | 528 
      Reply #81: Jan 11, 2016 04:20:22 pm
      Makes sense. We need a viable backup in case Mignolet gets injured,  and Bogdan just looks completely out of his depth. ( Maybe we could loan Bogdan to Aberdeen to try and get him some football/put him in the shop window. Dont think they could pay his wages though.)

I've seen a ( very) wee bit of Ward on the telly, and he's definitely got a great save or 2 in him. He's obviously highly rated by people that have worked with him, so yeah get him back and give him a chance in the FA cup at least. ( Not at this late stage of the League Cup tho.)
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #82: Jan 11, 2016 04:45:15 pm

Translated: Bogdan is a bag of sh*t so bringing back Danny Ward was an easy decision.

Possibly.

I'm not expecting Danny to jump ahead of Migs but if were recalling him I expect him to feature in the cups.

Jumping ahead of Mong is entirely down to whether he, unlike Bogdan, takes his chances when offered them. He's 22, same age as  Jack Butland who's not only first choice for Stoke, he's one of this season's stand out performers in the league.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #84: Jan 11, 2016 04:52:45 pm
      Translated: Bogdan is a bag of sh*t so bringing back Danny Ward was an easy decision.

Jumping ahead of Mong is entirely down to whether he, unlike Bogdan, takes his chances when offered them. He's 22, same age as  Jack Butland who's not only first choice for Stoke, he's one of this season's stand out performers in the league.

Agree and here starts my Ward to start campaign

(come on if I wanted Bogdan to start ahead of Migs then even a cardboard cutout would probably get my vote at this point)
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #85: Jan 11, 2016 05:29:35 pm
      I am not going to say anything about Danny ward I just don't want to jinx the kid. We seem cursed with bad goal keepers since Pepe left so good look Danny.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2454 
      Reply #86: Jan 11, 2016 05:58:06 pm
      Why the F**k did we even sign Bogdan when we had this lad on the books?????
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #87: Jan 11, 2016 06:40:14 pm
      Though sadly, our goalkeeping coach John Achterberg will probably F**k him up like he's done to every keeper since he arrived here.

How the hell this guy is still at the club I don't know.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #88: Jan 11, 2016 10:22:20 pm
      I remember vaguely his handling being a bit suspect when I watched the U21's a long time ago, hope he has improved since!!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #89: Jan 11, 2016 11:11:38 pm
      Why the f**k did we even sign Bogdan when we had this lad on the books?????

Signing of Bogdan will be one that will bemuse for a long time. Up there with Jovanovic, Konchesky, N'Gog et al.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #90: Jan 11, 2016 11:59:45 pm
      Agree and here starts my Ward to start campaign

(come on if I wanted Bogdan to start ahead of Migs then even a cardboard cutout would probably get my vote at this point)

He has to be given a chance, even if it replaces Bogdan in the Cups. The only way he's going to grow is if he plays games.

Why the f**k did we even sign Bogdan when we had this lad on the books?????

Well in fairness, 22 is pretty young for a Keeper. At least traditionally. The bigger question is why did we sign a player who was the reserve keeper for a Championship (or was it League 1?) side? I can buy the Rodgers was told the money goes on a Keeper or the money goes on a Striker but not both but goodness me, was Bogdan really the best they could find for the money?

PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,548 posts | 726 
      Reply #91: Jan 12, 2016 12:06:21 am
      He has to be given a chance, even if it replaces Bogdan in the Cups. The only way he's going to grow is if he plays games.

Well in fairness, 22 is pretty young for a Keeper. At least traditionally. The bigger question is why did we sign a player who was the reserve keeper for a Championship (or was it League 1?) side? I can buy the Rodgers was told the money goes on a Keeper or the money goes on a Striker but not both but goodness me, was Bogdan really the best they could find for the money?

he was free, you get what u pay for.

but i did think it was weird because he wasnt even boltons first choice keeper. Very strange

Quick Reply