Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Danny Ward (Liverpool > Leicester)

Read 66389 times
      Rigano
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Re: Danny Ward Player Thread
      Reply #46: Aug 04, 2015 06:27:25 pm
      Hi,  yeah I've seen all his games so far,  very confident and impressive both in handling and kicking.  He's very popular up here. 

I'll update from time to time.  Big gulf in class here to England but match experience will really bring him on.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #47: Aug 04, 2015 06:41:26 pm
      Hi,  yeah I've seen all his games so far,  very confident and impressive both in handling and kicking.  He's very popular up here. 

I'll update from time to time.  Big gulf in class here to England but match experience will really bring him on.

That's great to hear considering before going to Aberdeen he'd only had a few minutes 1st team football ever in his career.  Glad he's doing well for you mate.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #48: Aug 04, 2015 07:47:49 pm

Cheers, any info you can pass on will be much appreciated!
      Standfree1987
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #49: Aug 26, 2015 06:33:31 pm
      Danny Ward has been excellent for us so far a real confident young lad who has stepped straight into our team, and was today called into the Wales squad.

We have a good defence this season also, but we were always lacking at commanding our box at corners etc but Ward has offered improvement there, onward and upwards.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #50: Aug 26, 2015 07:06:04 pm
      Danny Ward has been excellent for us so far a real confident young lad who has stepped straight into our team, and was today called into the Wales squad.

We have a good defence this season also, but we were always lacking at commanding our box at corners etc but Ward has offered improvement there, onward and upwards.

That's great to hear. I hope he carries on doing well and you keep picking up the points.
      Rigano
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #51: Aug 30, 2015 06:45:41 am
      Ward still playing fantastic.  What a great presence.  We tend to dominate games but he's still having to pull off great stops and his handling at corners is top notch.

We've taken on a full back from Liverpool too.  Difficult to see how he will get into our team but I doubt he's been loaned to sit on the bench.
      Rigano
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #52: Sep 15, 2015 10:15:09 pm
      Danny Ward, what a keeper, another clean sheet.  He is outstanding for us and the main reason for us being top of the league, played 7 won 7, conceded just 2 goals I believe. 

Alan McLaughlan was the fullback, he made his debut tonight, he is very fast, be interesting to see how he goes the next few months. 
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #53: Sep 15, 2015 11:38:12 pm
      Ward still playing fantastic.  What a great presence.  We tend to dominate games but he's still having to pull off great stops and his handling at corners is top notch.

We've taken on a full back from Liverpool too.  Difficult to see how he will get into our team but I doubt he's been loaned to sit on the bench.

Danny Ward, what a keeper, another clean sheet.  He is outstanding for us and the main reason for us being top of the league, played 7 won 7, conceded just 2 goals I believe. 

Alan McLaughlan was the fullback, he made his debut tonight, he is very fast, be interesting to see how he goes the next few months. 

Thank you for the updates!!! Better than Migs then? :D
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #54: Sep 16, 2015 01:20:03 am
      Only conceded two at Aberdeen, what a fantastic run they are on.
      CHOW87
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      Reply #55: Sep 19, 2015 10:08:47 am
      Of the two he's conceded, one was a penalty and the other was a rebound after he saved the initial shot.

There's been none of the uncertainty that Migs keeps displaying and has already built up an understanding with his back four.

Dons fans are hoping he'll stay for a second season (especially if they make the Champions League) but he'll probably be at a higher level next season - either on loan to an EPL team or challenging Migs.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #56: Sep 19, 2015 10:20:20 am

Even though Bacon face has ties with the Dons, it'd be nice to see someone else will that league for a change.
      CHOW87
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      Reply #57: Oct 26, 2015 07:08:01 pm
      I was at Pittodrie on Saturday to see Danny make four excellent saves in the last ten minutes to help avoid a fifth successive defeat for Aberdeen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF0ggOPMpBc

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #58: Oct 26, 2015 07:22:41 pm
      I was at Pittodrie on Saturday to see Danny make four excellent saves in the last ten minutes to help avoid a fifth successive defeat for Aberdeen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF0ggOPMpBc

Glad to see he had a good game. I love it when teams give the younger lads opportunities, especially in key positions like a goalkeeper.
      CHOW87
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      Reply #59: Oct 26, 2015 07:28:55 pm
      Celtic Park will be another big test for him on Saturday, but he certainly seems to have the right mentality for the big game.
      Rigano
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #60: Dec 13, 2015 06:52:14 am
      Just to update he is still brilliant.  Probably the best keeper we've had since snelders.  He's had some difficult moments like all the team at times but overall outstanding. 

The fullback mclaughlin is horrendous
      CHOW87
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      Reply #61: Jan 10, 2016 09:06:37 pm
      According to BBC Scotland, Klopp has recalled Danny from his loan at Aberdeen. Does this mean he'll be competing for a place in the team/on the bench? Or sent out on loan to the Championship maybe?

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35277987
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #62: Jan 10, 2016 09:09:46 pm
      Seems a strange decision really considering he was actually a player who was starting every week. I hope he doesn't just sit in the under-21's.
      Rigano
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #63: Jan 10, 2016 09:22:16 pm
      All I can say is F**k.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #64: Jan 10, 2016 09:41:20 pm

Yes, some folk on my Facebook feed gutted at this (used to study in Aberdeen).

A big hero for the Don supporters, let's just hope he gets the same great support he got from the Aberdeen fans. I'm sure he will have great fondness for you lot and Aberdeen FC. I don't know much about his performances in Aberdeen having only heard but Graham Hunter (the famous writer on Spanish football) rates him highly too.

Though sadly, our goalkeeping coach John Achterberg will probably F**k him up like he's done to every keeper since he arrived here.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #65: Jan 10, 2016 10:12:43 pm
      On your bike, Bogdan.
      Danny is back.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #66: Jan 10, 2016 10:28:42 pm
      According to BBC Scotland, Klopp has recalled Danny from his loan at Aberdeen. Does this mean he'll be competing for a place in the team/on the bench? Or sent out on loan to the Championship maybe?

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35277987
      Why would they send him on loan to a championship side when he was starting every game at Aberdeen and playing well there?

I'd say he's on a fast track to be the new #2 keeper and maybe even more if he's as good as Aberdeen supporters say he is.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #67: Jan 10, 2016 10:41:56 pm
      I don't get this one.  Even if he came to be number two, when exactly is he going to get a chance?  Bogdan himself barely played at all this season. 

This only makes sense if Klopp is thinking about starting him, ahead of Mignolet.  Otherwise you're cutting short the good experience he was getting in Scotland, starting every week, just for him to sit on the bench.  I don't see how that helps him.

If he's going to come in and start, then fair play.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #68: Jan 10, 2016 10:48:20 pm
      I don't get this one.  Even if he came to be number two, when exactly is he going to get a chance?  Bogdan himself barely played at all this season. 

This only makes sense if Klopp is thinking about starting him, ahead of Mignolet.  Otherwise you're cutting short the good experience he was getting in Scotland, starting every week, just for him to sit on the bench.  I don't see how that helps him.

If he's going to come in and start, then fair play.

I'm the exact same on the situation. He seems quite small for a keeper too at 5' 9".

Edit: Forget that, he's actually as tall as Mignolet (about 6' 3").

Quick Reply