Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Danny Ward (Liverpool > Leicester)

Read 66374 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Danny Ward Player Thread
      Reply #138: Feb 03, 2017 01:07:23 am
      Sometimes it's just too soon for clubs to make the jump up to the PL mate.  As much as it would be great having them get promoted maybe another season of gelling and building in the Championship would be more helpful.  I know what you're saying about Brighton too, I really wanted them to go up last season but knew they wouldn't if it was through the play offs.

I'm not sure I'd want him back either mate, I wouldn't be confident in him having to play a run of games either.

I definitely agree. It shows the progress they've made in 6 months when you look at how they've been fighting relegation for the past 2 years. I just hope that if they don't get promoted this year that they do actually take a step forward.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #139: Feb 03, 2017 01:21:21 pm
      I definitely agree. It shows the progress they've made in 6 months when you look at how they've been fighting relegation for the past 2 years. I just hope that if they don't get promoted this year that they do actually take a step forward.

Same mate we need some Yorkshire clubs in the PL.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #140: Mar 17, 2017 08:17:18 pm
      He has to be the worst keeper I've ever seen at timing their run out and diving for the ball.
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #141: Mar 18, 2017 08:54:38 am
      He has to be the worst keeper I've ever seen at timing their run out and diving for the ball.

Can you elaborate? I guess you mean when it's rolling on the floor?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #142: Mar 18, 2017 09:04:17 am
      Can you elaborate? I guess you mean when it's rolling on the floor?

When the ball is played in behind the defence, he charges out into no man's land but then gives up half way and then flops to the floor or dives feet first. He never gets anywhere near the ball.

The amount of goals they've conceded this season where Ward has made the striker's decision for them is unbelievable. I honestly think it's happened whenever I've watched them this season.
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #143: Mar 18, 2017 09:28:21 am
      When the ball is played in behind the defence, he charges out into no man's land but then gives up half way and then flops to the floor or dives feet first. He never gets anywhere near the ball.

The amount of goals they've conceded this season where Ward has made the striker's decision for them is unbelievable. I honestly think it's happened whenever I've watched them this season.

Ahhh okay, that's quite an easy skill to change though, I'd still like to keep him as a back up!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #144: Mar 18, 2017 02:27:28 pm
      Ahhh okay, that's quite an easy skill to change though, I'd still like to keep him as a back up!

Why? Shouldn't we look to get better keepers?
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #145: Mar 21, 2017 09:16:29 am
      Why? Shouldn't we look to get better keepers?

As a back up Ward is more than good enough! One bad skill doesn't mean he isn't good enough.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #146: Mar 21, 2017 10:15:35 am
      As a back up Ward is more than good enough! One bad skill doesn't mean he isn't good enough.

He'd be OK if our starting keeper was De Gea or Lloris. The fact that our starting keeper - either Mignolet or Lloris - is inconsistent means that we'd need a better backup than Ward for when the starter eventually gets dropped.

As you can tell, I'm not the greatest fan of Ward :D.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #147: May 17, 2017 10:29:29 pm
      Looks like Danny's been studying Dudek's penalty antics - shaking the bar and wobbling forward off the line. Great to see Huddersfield through. Bet Klopp's delighted!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #148: May 17, 2017 10:30:23 pm
      Well done Danny lad.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #149: May 17, 2017 10:35:28 pm
      I've made my opinions of Ward known in recent months but thought he had a blinder tonight, made some crucial saves to keep Hudd in the game.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #150: May 17, 2017 11:12:44 pm
      I've made my opinions of Ward known in recent months but thought he had a blinder tonight, made some crucial saves to keep Hudd in the game.

:action-smiley-035: :action-smiley-035: :action-smiley-035:
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #151: May 18, 2017 12:57:20 am
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #152: May 18, 2017 01:54:10 am
      Watched 2nd half and pens. Cracking performance. Legs,made himself big,fingertip saves.....then 2 penalt saves. Come on home Danny.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #153: May 18, 2017 10:06:58 am
      Watched 2nd half and pens. Cracking performance. Legs,made himself big,fingertip saves.....then 2 penalt saves. Come on home Danny.

He should go out on loan again next season.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #154: May 18, 2017 03:06:20 pm
      He should go out on loan again next season.

I'd let him stay at Huddersfield for now if they still wanted him, would be good having first team experience in the prem.

Did well last night, unlucky for the Sheff Wed goal, but made two excellent saves during the pen shoot-out.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #155: May 19, 2017 10:49:04 am
      I was at Hillsborough watching the match and Danny looked very good. To be honest I hadn't checked the lineups and kinda forgotten it was our player there, until the Huddersfield fans started singing his name to remind me haha
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #156: May 19, 2017 12:30:53 pm
      I'd let him stay at Huddersfield for now if they still wanted him, would be good having first team experience in the prem.

Did well last night, unlucky for the Sheff Wed goal, but made two excellent saves during the pen shoot-out.

That's exactly what I'd do mate. It's useless him coming back here just to be 3rd choice, which is what he would be.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #157: May 19, 2017 12:31:24 pm
      I was at Hillsborough watching the match and Danny looked very good. To be honest I hadn't checked the lineups and kinda forgotten it was our player there, until the Huddersfield fans started singing his name to remind me haha

Getting about a bit aren't you mate :D
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #158: May 19, 2017 12:42:51 pm
      Getting about a bit aren't you mate :D

38 football matches attended this season, 21 of which were LFC's :D I'll reach 40 with the Boro match and the UCL final. I've seen EPL, Championship, League One, League Two, non-league, under-23s, Europa League and Champions League matches. I dread to do the maths and see how much I've spent on this, but hell, I probably won't ever have another chance to do this again ;D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #159: May 29, 2017 05:52:47 pm
      Huddersfield are in the Premier League!!!! Danny Ward saved Reading's last penalty! Wow! What an incredible achievement by Wagner and Huddersfield! FANTASTIC!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #160: May 29, 2017 06:27:05 pm
      38 football matches attended this season, 21 of which were LFC's :D I'll reach 40 with the Boro match and the UCL final. I've seen EPL, Championship, League One, League Two, non-league, under-23s, Europa League and Champions League matches. I dread to do the maths and see how much I've spent on this, but hell, I probably won't ever have another chance to do this again ;D

Honestly mate, that is some going! It's all about the memories.

I'm absolutely F***ing buzzing!!!! When I went to watch a few of their games in League One I never in a million years thought they'd achieve promotion to the Premier League. What Wagner has done in such a short space of time at that club is nothing short of miraculous.

So happy for Ward too, to make the all important save for Reading's 5th penalty must have been an amazing feeling for him.
      « Last Edit: May 29, 2017 06:31:58 pm by mcarz »

Quick Reply