Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Danny Ward (Liverpool > Leicester)

Read 66380 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Danny Ward Player Thread
      Reply #161: May 29, 2017 06:31:57 pm
      Good lad
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #162: May 29, 2017 07:43:25 pm
      Buzzing for Ward. Hero in both shoot outs.

Probably end up there permanently now.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #163: May 29, 2017 08:58:26 pm
      Danny, Danny Ward!

Was at Wembley with the Huddersfield fans. Saw them twice this season, he was penalty hero in both. Great stuff.

I wonder if they'll want to retain him as their number 1 in the Premier League? Hope that is the case
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #164: May 29, 2017 09:24:28 pm
      I wonder if they'll want to retain him as their number 1 in the Premier League? Hope that is the case

They do, I think their manager said they want him for another season in the Prem.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #165: May 29, 2017 09:29:59 pm
      Danny, Danny Ward!

Was at Wembley with the Huddersfield fans. Saw them twice this season, he was penalty hero in both. Great stuff.

So jealous mate.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #166: May 29, 2017 10:53:30 pm
      I've made my opinions of Ward known in recent months but thought he had a blinder tonight, made some crucial saves to keep Hudd in the game.

Did he not have a good season or something?

He seemed solid in the couple of games he played for us.  Definitely didn't look any worse than Mignolet or Karius.  I don't see why he shouldn't be given a chance next season.

Did he do poorly for them this season?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #167: May 30, 2017 09:33:18 am

He seemed solid in the couple of games he played for us.  Definitely didn't look any worse than Mignolet or Karius.  I don't see why he shouldn't be given a chance next season.

this forum laughed at me when I said Ward should be our number one. Well they're not laughing now. After that Mignolet spell in January costing us the  title left us scrambling for fourth, Ward gets an unlikely team promoted. He's probably the best 23 year old goalkeeper on the planet. Laugh at that guys and we will once again see who's laughing in a year.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #168: May 30, 2017 09:55:18 am

I wasn't all that impressed with him in one of those 2 games for us. He was flapping at corners and parrying the ball back into his area on some shots.

It was a bit of a mixed bag mate from what I saw and have heard about but there were some things I didn't like during the season. He seemed too cautious when it came to collecting the ball on corners, he was punching a bit too much and when he came out to close the striker down it didn't do it anywhere near good enough. He'd either wait too long to make the move off his line or he'd come out but then just stand there flat footed making it easy for the striker to score.

There were even calls from some Huddersfield fans to play Coleman instead of him after some games.

this forum laughed at me when I said Ward should be our number one. Well they're not laughing now. After that Mignolet spell in January costing us the  title left us scrambling for fourth, Ward gets an unlikely team promoted. He's probably the best 23 year old goalkeeper on the planet. Laugh at that guys and we will once again see who's laughing in a year.

Sorry to disappoint you but I'm still laughing and I'm laughing at the rest of your post too. He's not even the best 23 year old keeper at Liverpool nevermind on the planet. Why exactly should Ward be our number one? Mignolet has been superb since Christmas IMO, much, much better than any of Ward's form this season.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #169: May 30, 2017 01:24:08 pm

I am tempted to give you a +1 for making me literally laugh out loud.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #170: May 30, 2017 02:30:21 pm
      Stick with Mignolet and Karius for now and loan Ward to Huddersfield for another season.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #171: May 30, 2017 02:49:49 pm

WAIT WHAT? Mignolet cost us the tittle in Jan???

Ahah what did he persuade Mane to leave us to go Afcon and then persuade Klopp to not making any suitable signings to help fill the void left behind.

Hilarious stuff mate.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #172: Jun 02, 2017 02:12:33 am

Holy crap,this has gotta be some weird wum account no? the trump sh*te,the owen/rafa bollox and this...F***ing hell.Anyway sell Ward,better for him and we got loads of keepers.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #173: Aug 03, 2017 09:58:24 am
      Danny played really well last night. His save on the first goal was brilliant, to bad Klavan fudged it up afterward. He seems to have a really short memory when it comes to goals being scored on him and he plays with a great deal of confidence. Could end up a really nice surprise this season.
      « Last Edit: Aug 03, 2017 11:33:00 am by Breeding-Reds-In-The-434 »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #174: Aug 03, 2017 10:05:37 am
      Danny played really well last night. His save on the first goal was brilliant, to bad Klavan fudged it up afterward. He seems to have a really short memory when it comes to goal being scored on him and he plays with a great deal of confidence. Could end up a really nice surprise this season.

I like what I've seen from him, looked very good yesterday with some impressive saves.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #175: Aug 03, 2017 01:10:37 pm

Your knee must F***ing rattle like a skeleton the amount of times you knee jerk from one opinion to another.

Blaming Mignolet for costing us the title is another one of those hilarious dickhead shouts you love to come out with, when in quite a few games in the second half of the season, he actually kept us in games through some very good saves.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #176: Aug 03, 2017 01:38:45 pm
      Your knee must f**king rattle like a skeleton the amount of times you knee jerk from one opinion to another.

Blaming Mignolet for costing us the title is another one of those hilarious dickhead shouts you love to come out with, when in quite a few games in the second half of the season, he actually kept us in games through some very good saves.
      Ward>Migs. Migs is sh*te. No knee jerk. Still same opinion. I don't change my opinion after a few good games after years of bad ones. Klopp said 3 keepers competing for number one.
      « Last Edit: Aug 03, 2017 01:44:20 pm by Ribapuru »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #177: Aug 03, 2017 01:46:29 pm
      Ward>Migs. Migs is sh*te. No knee jerk. Still same opinion. I don't change my opinion after a few good games after years of bad ones. Klopp said 3 keepers competing for number one. Mignolet has been awarded shirt number 22 you genius. Only a matter of time till Ward becomes 22 now.

I wasn't just talking about that one opinion.

Hahahaha Mignolet's had the number 22 ever since he's been at the club you F***ing dickhead!! It was the number he chose, cos Brad Jones had the number one shirt. You know a bit like Pepe Reina constantly playing in the number 25 shirt. Who's the F***ing genius now?

Karius will be our number one, not Ward, but you crack on with your crackpot assertions.

As I've said elsewhere, I can't take anything in any thread you say serious, that's how much of a divvy I think you are.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #178: Aug 13, 2017 09:28:37 pm
      Seems Ward is going to talk to Klopp, he probably will request to be loaned because he's disappointed to be last choice goalkeeper.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #179: Aug 13, 2017 09:32:49 pm
      Mignolet cost us around 15-20 points. We would have been contenders with a better keeper. He cost us 2 point in 1 game this season so far, I will be keeping a tally.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #180: Aug 13, 2017 10:30:33 pm
      Mignolet cost us around 15-20 points. We would have been contenders with a better keeper. He cost us 2 point in 1 game this season so far, I will be keeping a tally.

Absolute horseshit and you know it!! So how about up the other end of the field, when Mane was back in Africa and we couldn't hit an elephants arse with a banjo, do you think that had a little something to do with us not being contenders?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #181: Aug 14, 2017 12:10:48 pm
      Absolute horseshit and you know it!! So how about up the other end of the field, when Mane was back in Africa and we couldn't hit an elephants arse with a banjo, do you think that had a little something to do with us not being contenders?
      I don't have last season's stats, but season before Mignolet was the reason we didn't compete for a champions league spot. Before you call that h*******t, I came with evidence.

www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/04/23/simon-mignolet-could-cost-liverpool-a-champions-league-spot
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #182: Aug 14, 2017 12:25:20 pm
      Mignolet was indeed culpable of at least 6 dropped points (off the top off my head) in 2015/2016 - two in matches where we led 2-0 (Sunderland and Newcastle at home). Another 2-2 draw against West Brom was another horrific performance where he was to blame for at least of their goals. Definitely a case that Mignolet's keeping has cost this club millions of pounds in not competing in Europe and while it is a team effort I would hold him most culpable of having not competed in Europe last year.

There is no way one of or even both Ward and Karius are worse than Mignolet. There was a time when he deserved a season or so to bed himself in and develop which meant any mistake could be tolerated (in my mind at least) but rather than develop he has probably got worse and worse. Given the amount f appearances he's had at the club I'd say he's the worst player I've ever seen play for Liverpool this century. For sure, we've seen the likes of Konchesky, Aspas, Jovanovic etc play for the club but not enough to inflict any real damage on the club via their performances like Mignolet has.

If I was Karius or Ward, particularly given his reliable and excellent year at Huddersfield last season, I'd feel gutted and even a little mistrustful of Jürgen if I was behind Mignolet in the pecking order.
      « Last Edit: Aug 14, 2017 12:38:21 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #183: Aug 14, 2017 12:55:41 pm
      I don't have last season's stats, but season before Mignolet was the reason we didn't compete for a champions league spot. Before you call that h*******t, I came with evidence.

www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/04/23/simon-mignolet-could-cost-liverpool-a-champions-league-spot

F**k off you annoying bellend!!

Instead of collating stats, just go the F***ing match.

Quick Reply