Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Danny Ward (Liverpool > Leicester)

Read 66366 times
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Re: Danny Ward Player Thread
      Reply #184: Aug 14, 2017 01:33:07 pm
      This is the problem with Migs he has only iffy game and we want to throw him under the bus because of past let downs. I've been his biggest critic but he actually imo had a good bordering on very good season last year so I'm willing to give him some benefit of doubt just now and hope Saturday was one of those games but ffs Simon if the ball is there to be catched catch it what was the punching sh*t at the weekend, where's he picked that up from? And ffs stop being such a pussy with cross balls go through anything that moves to get your hands on that ball stop cowering on your line like a bi*ch
      harry_lewis00
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #185: Aug 16, 2017 06:48:51 pm
      Anyone else think Danny Ward should be given a chance when mignolet next makes an error? This guy was instrumental to Huddersfield promotion, he's shown us all what he can do, yet he's still being disregarded by Klopp. It's surely not fair on someone of his quality to not even make the matchday squad, yet not even be allowed to look for options elsewhere, such as Watford, who wanted him.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #186: Aug 16, 2017 08:13:15 pm
      Anyone else think Danny Ward should be given a chance when mignolet next makes an error? This guy was instrumental to Huddersfield promotion, he's shown us all what he can do, yet he's still being disregarded by Klopp. It's surely not fair on someone of his quality to not even make the matchday squad, yet not even be allowed to look for options elsewhere, such as Watford, who wanted him.
      I thought that last season, but Huyton wouldn't like it. I think he has fallen in love with Mignolet. If you say bad things about him you are automatically chatting horsesh*t, and if you provide proof it's a case of being an annoying belle*d. I think Klopp better check with him before giving Ward a chance. I was going to make a GIF with the word Huyton Mad on a Hulk jpeg! but I can't be bothered to apply to Disney for permission.. copyright and all.
      « Last Edit: Aug 16, 2017 08:20:25 pm by Ribapuru »
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #187: Aug 16, 2017 10:17:21 pm

Huddersfield conceded 58 goals in the Championship last season most of which I assume was past Danny Ward. Not saying that makes him a poor goal keeper but I think he's being made out to be better than he is...
      With Mignolet we can't prey on his every move, he will make mistakes. Courtois had a bit of a wobble at the weekend, Lloris has a clanger in him every so often etc etc. Mignolet will be our keeper this season bar a string of calamities so let's get behind him
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #188: Aug 16, 2017 10:58:03 pm
      Ward had nothing more than a solid season for Huddersfield last year. Not poor by any means but certainly not a great campaign. Think people's opinions have been skewed by those penalty saves in the playoffs to be honest.
      Scouser4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 630 posts | 33 
      Reply #189: Aug 17, 2017 08:56:54 am
      Huddersfield conceded 58 goals in the Championship last season most of which I assume was past Danny Ward. Not saying that makes him a poor goal keeper but I think he's being made out to be better than he is...
      With Mignolet we can't prey on his every move, he will make mistakes. Courtois had a bit of a wobble at the weekend, Lloris has a clanger in him every so often etc etc. Mignolet will be our keeper this season bar a string of calamities so let's get behind him

So why keep him on the bench when you feel he isn't good enough to lead the line.

Chelsea loaned out their keeper for 3 seasons until they thought he was ready to lead the lines.

Should be keeping for Huddersfield in the Premiership now and gaining the much needed confidence
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #190: Aug 17, 2017 04:27:17 pm
      I thought that last season, but Huyton wouldn't like it. I think he has fallen in love with Mignolet. If you say bad things about him you are automatically chatting horsesh*t, and if you provide proof it's a case of being an annoying belle*d. I think Klopp better check with him before giving Ward a chance. I was going to make a GIF with the word Huyton Mad on a Hulk jpeg! but I can't be bothered to apply to Disney for permission.. copyright and all.

Why don't you just make a GIF with the words "gobs***e Armchair Fan" as it would apply perfectly to you.

You're the total antithesis of what a Liverpool fan is you F***ing dickhead!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #191: Sep 18, 2017 01:11:20 pm
      Will start in the league cup..

Confirmed by Klopp.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,860 posts | 165 
      Reply #192: Sep 18, 2017 01:14:35 pm
      That's good to hear, hope he has a good game and makes the other two buck their ideas up, eventually we might find a decent reliable keeper.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #193: Sep 18, 2017 02:16:12 pm
      Hope he impresses and puts real pressure on the two in front of him, bet of luck Danny lad.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #194: Sep 18, 2017 02:22:37 pm
      Seen Danny play live twice last season, in the playoff semifinal at Hillsborough and in the playoff final at Wembley, he was penalty saving hero in both. Danny, Danny Waaaaard! Good luck tomorrow to the lad.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #195: Sep 18, 2017 02:46:08 pm
      In all honesty I feel more confident with Danny between the sticks than Mig & Karius.

I hope Danny cements his spot.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #196: Sep 18, 2017 06:12:55 pm
      In all honesty I feel more confident with Danny between the sticks than Mig & Karius.

I hope Danny cements his spot.

Me too homie. This news gets me hotter than 3 mice F***ing in a drawer full of wool socks!
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #197: Sep 18, 2017 06:16:14 pm
      Me too homie. This news gets me hotter than 3 mice f**king in a drawer full of wool socks!

Not that I entirely understand either hypothesis but out of interest.......what exactly is it about mice, socks and a confined space that gets you all unnecessary?

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #198: Sep 18, 2017 06:37:51 pm
      Let's hope the lad gets protection and isn't that busy
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #199: Sep 18, 2017 06:39:49 pm
      Let's hope the lad gets protection and isn't that busy

Maybe best just hoping he gets a good sleep mate.

No point pitching too high 😱
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #200: Sep 18, 2017 06:46:32 pm
      Maybe best just hoping he gets a good sleep mate.

No point pitching too high 😱

Having lovren in front of me wouldn't get me a good nights sleep
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #201: Sep 18, 2017 07:13:44 pm
      Having lovren in front of me wouldn't get me a good nights sleep

Hmmm the thought of him, Migs and Bertie fannying about behind isn't exactly a nightcap either!
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #202: Sep 18, 2017 08:58:14 pm
      Not that I entirely understand either hypothesis but out of interest.......what exactly is it about mice, socks and a confined space that gets you all unnecessary?
      ;D
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #203: Sep 19, 2017 09:48:28 pm
      Start him Saturdsy
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #204: Sep 20, 2017 12:27:01 am
      We seem to be playing a different keeper for each competition (Arsenal game aside) so unless Ward gets a run out when we enter the FA Cup, I'm inclined to say that his season is now over thanks to this defeat. Shame.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #205: Sep 20, 2017 07:47:41 am
      Lot to be liked.

Good lad Danny.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #206: Sep 20, 2017 08:03:38 am
      Impressed with him last night,did his job well,great handling,he can certainly kick a ball & catch a ball,comes off his line ( and quickly ) all these are  important attributes of any keeper worth his salt,it was just a F***ing shame that the lad had to pick the ball out the net twice,will he play Saturday ?( he F***ing should )  I very much doubt it,thinking back to what happened to Robertson after the palace game.

Quick Reply