Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Players Out

Read 10849 times
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Re: Players Out
      Reply #92: Dec 19, 2014 10:58:15 pm
      we shouldnt get rid of any players in january,i mean come on,we are barely making it with the team we allready have,BR just needs some smart backups from the market,some defenders and a good premier league striker that is used to the BPL style of play
      Flying Squirrel 39
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts | 23 
      Reply #93: Dec 20, 2014 01:08:40 am
      Total Knee Jerk thread and post(s).But,answering to the question,"with a level head and an objective perspective",in January...

Balotelli (# :mad:) We have to get the most we can out of those 16M which are devaluating faster that Venezuelan currency,use it to buy a real man and striker,which we need stat.

Can´t drop our #1 goalie after half a season of poor form and with no backup.Can´t drop Johnson until Flanagan comes back,only Manquillo left.Can´t sell 20M Lovren after just half a season.Can´t sell Allen when Lucas is the only other CDM.Shouldn´t sell Henderson,I don´t like him but can integrate into a good system when we play well,like last season.And we sure as hell shouldn´t even think about selling any strikers.None of them other than the above mentioned alleged striker and Sturridge would cover us to buy a serious one so why take em out.

Point is,as much as I would like some of these players to be gone by summer (Johnson,Allen,definately,probably Henderson),we can´t pretend to solve our problems by either offloading players or replacing them with new ones.That´s what we´ve all seen has not worked these past transfer windows.Anyone seriously suggesting to sell Lovren,for example,who everyone loved when we signed,to buy someone else that we will all love when we sign only to possibly suck and then suggest again to sell to buy another one bla bla bla ad nauseam...

We have to work on these players (Mignolet,Lovren,Moreno,Lambert,Lallana,Markovic...),you don´t invest in something and then throw it away when it doesn´t work after 6 months.The talent is there,it didn´t just dissipate.Then again,can´t go to the other extreme,as in Henderson and Allen being given game after game after season after season to show something.Let´s find a middle ground people,all passion and no objectivity gets you nowhere in business.

And did you really suggest "releasing" Gerrard?Oh dear lord... :-[
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #94: Dec 20, 2014 01:23:50 am
      Balotelli is a good buy, he's just been victim of circumstance at the club. He's experienced and he's talented. Consider for a moment if we'd secured the services of Sanchez. You'd have had four forwards in Sanchez and Sturridge as our main pairing, with Balotelli and Lambert able to offer something different when paired with one of the others. The only problem with Mario was in not signing a Sanchez or some other mobile forward and then playing him as a loan striker up front on his own and expecting him to run all over the place.

As for movement in January, we won't see much, if any. We might see Borini leave and we'll probably sign a goal keeper and if we're really lucky, we'll pick up a cheap striker with some goals in him. You might see a pre-contract agreement with Khedira but I wouldn't hold your breath on that one. Forgetting the fact he wouldn't leave Real for us, the very idea that we would offer £50 million for Benzema would require a fundamental shift in policy by FSG who show no signs of doing that any time soon.
      Canuck33
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 345 posts | 19 
      Reply #95: Dec 20, 2014 01:39:21 am
      Fair enough mate. I'll give it a go...

I'll leave the summer signings out [just to give them a season before getting rid: season of goodwill and all that].  :)

With that caveat in mind I'm going to shed only those players who haven't contributed much, if anything, to the first team or improve it, in my opinion, obviously.

* Oussama Assaidi - contributed nothing - who was it he was brought in to replace?

* Joe Allen - A tidy, neat looking, footballer. Certainly slimmer than Charlie Adam but weirdly enough, nowhere near him in tangible, positive stats. Neither fish nor fowl who isn't missed the many , many times he hasn't played and no better than who he replaced.

* Fabio Borini - obviously not in favour. Obviously hasn't contributed. Obviously not needed. Better than who he replaced?

* Mamadou Sakho - Hasn't impressed me. Hasn't improved the team. Hasn't impressed Brendan. Not better than Agger.

* Sebastian Coates - has contributed nothing. A gamble on a player with potential which hasn't worked.

* Tiago Ilori - Sadly I see this going the same way as Coates.

* Simon Mignolet - Not a patch on who he replaced. Hasn't improved the team.

* Iago Aspas  - Like Assaidi; he's brought nothing to the team.

* Luis Alberto - see above. Another false economy.

There we have it - £80m + worth of 'talent' who I'd happily take £40m for or swap for just one top quality forward, if you prefer.

Merry Christmas.  >:D

How you lasted on here for over 11,000 posts and got over a 1,000 thumbs up is total mystery to me.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,496 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #96: Dec 20, 2014 08:31:44 am
      No it's not. It's nothing more than a rational appraisal of those players who have either been at Anfield for a few seasons, or of those players bought in what most people are calling the worst transfer window in living memory. It's no more or less than that. But if some people want to get all high and mighty and torture it into something it isn't, just to appease some personal need; don't let a rational discussion stop you. It's just a discussion based on opinions.

But,answering to the question,"with a level head and an objective perspective",in January...
      I'm glad to see your disapproval of this total knee jerk thread wasn't great enough to stop you from participating.

And did you really suggest "releasing" Gerrard?Oh dear lord... :-[
      There's no need for hyperbolic histrionics. Gerrard has been poor for most of the last three seasons and he's gradually getting worse. Whether that's due to his legs going and/or being played out of position, we don't know (I think it's a bit of both but at 34 the writing is on the wall). It's also been said that his inclusion is hampering the progress of Emre Can.

Welcome to the forums; I think you're going to be popular.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,496 posts | 1490 
      Reply #97: Dec 20, 2014 08:40:45 am
      "Tis the season to be - totally unacceptable of other people's opinions - tra la la la laaa"

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #98: Dec 20, 2014 09:36:06 am
      How you lasted on here for over 11,000 posts and got over a 1,000 thumbs up is total mystery to me.

Quite a statement from someone who has less than 250 posts and only ten thumb ups,
      Stop smoking the dogshit mate and have some respect for a poster who has contributed more than you ever will and has the respect of most in here , myself included,

and what he posted above makes perfect sense, so instead of giving him a bullshit remark read it again and tell us all who you would ship out and why,

Either that or crawl back under that wee mound of dogshit you came from.

Merry Xmas  !

YNWA
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #99: Dec 20, 2014 10:22:09 am
      Me too mate; me too.   

Maybe it's because I'm not afraid to think for myself then put those opinions out for discussion, without fear of ridicule from people I don't actually know?

Or... more likely; it's because I'm not just another one of those slow-witted, simpletons who, more often than not, tend to "contribute" by posting one line comments in reaction to other people's posts? Who knows?

Like you say: a total mystery.  ???

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyhows... back on topic: I would only ever shift on players who, in my opinion, don't actually contribute to or improve the team [everyone will have their own idea who those players are but the principle remains the same]. And...

If I were King, my primary targets, each window would be top quality players. With those signed the squad automatically and naturally becomes stronger, depth-wise with room left for talented 'kids' from the youth set-up. That (in my opinion), is how you grow your squad - from the top down: not the bottom up [i.e. buying squad players in the hope they will become first XI starters].

January has the "potential" to be interesting.  :D
      « Last Edit: Dec 20, 2014 10:36:25 am by bad boy bubby »
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,496 posts | 1490 
      Reply #100: Dec 20, 2014 11:01:51 am
      You simply haven't been here long enough to know why he has so many 'likes' or 'thumbs up' or whatever they're called.

Welcome to the forum.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,496 posts | 1490 
      Reply #101: Dec 20, 2014 11:03:27 am
      Have to ask BBB what your icon/avatar things is about?

'Four more years - F**k me'
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #102: Dec 20, 2014 11:18:53 am
      Have to ask BBB what your icon/avatar things is about?
      No problem Rushy; Diego asked me the same thing: it'll save me a bit of time if I post my reply to him - here you go buddy...

Alright Diego - "4 more years" is a slogan often used in the U.S. presidential election (Nixon campaign was my first recollection).

The avatar is a slogan used in response - most likely to Obama, knowing our colonial cousins.

I have stolen it to reflect my opinion of the first 4 years of LFC's current administration.

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,496 posts | 1490 
      Reply #103: Dec 20, 2014 11:31:02 am
      No problem Rushy; Diego asked me the same thing: it'll save me a bit of time if I post my reply to him - here you go buddy...

Ah yes. I thought it was something along those lines

Thanks for the heads up
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #104: Dec 20, 2014 11:35:53 am

Suggest you use the facility that will allow you to go over 11k of the posts you are mystified about; if you need any assistance or clarification there are a multitude of forum members that can explain the finer points of said posts to you.
      There are subtleties and nuances that may take a second or how ever many examinations are required to appreciate their content, I can only assume that you have misinterpreted one of the comments because along with other people I too find your assertion puzzling to say the least.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,971 posts | 3056 
      Reply #105: Dec 20, 2014 11:38:16 am

Another pointless post 3B?

*shakes head in disappointed recognition of a lost soul
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #106: Dec 20, 2014 11:39:40 am
      Ah yes. I thought it was something along those lines

Thanks for the heads up

I'm actually thinking of changing it back to Joe Allen mate; just to curry favour with the folk who get upset when the wee man gets "attacked" in an opinion piece.

'Cause that's what I've always tried to do - curry favour with people who disagree with me; like I could give a F**k.  :lmao:
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #107: Dec 30, 2014 11:33:59 am
      Talking about players out, are we seriously thinking about letting Lucas go out on loan in January ? As far as I'm concerned this would be a big mistake considering the performances he's put in of late.

Rickie Lambert to Crystal Palace, would you let Rickie go and keep "mad as a box of frogs" Ballotelli here ? I know he's not the perfect striker but Rickie has shown more movement in his right nut than Ballotelli shows in his whole body.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #108: Dec 30, 2014 11:55:05 am
      Talking about players out, are we seriously thinking about letting Lucas go out on loan in January ? As far as I'm concerned this would be a big mistake considering the performances he's put in of late.

Rickie Lambert to Crystal Palace, would you let Rickie go and keep "mad as a box of frogs" Ballotelli here ? I know he's not the perfect striker but Rickie has shown more movement in his right nut than Ballotelli shows in his whole body.

Much more shocking than either of those scenarios is that I intimated a couple of weeks back that I'd look at offers over 20 mill for Coutinho. Looking like a bellend or being made to look like one is something I've become accustomed to on forums over the years, but within two weeks of a statement? Sheesh I'm losing me touch!
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #109: Dec 30, 2014 01:32:34 pm
      Players in bold should be sold/loaned.

1   Australia   GK   Brad Jones - Not good enough really, however most likely not worth selling as we are unlikely to keep Migs as a backup
      2   England   DF   Glen Johnson - Won't be sold, will most likely leave on a free in the summer
      3   Spain   DF   José Enrique - Solid squad player, worth keeping.
      4   Ivory Coast   DF   Kolo Touré - Important experience, saying that, would accept any bid around the 3mill mark
      6   Croatia   DF   Dejan Lovren - Been poor... Very poor, but I still have hope he can get back to the form he was showing last year.
      8   England   MF   Steven Gerrard (captain) - Expecting to see him in more of a coaching role sooner rather than later.
      9   England   FW   Rickie Lambert - For what we paid for him, he's done alright, never expected to set the world on fire, hasn't
      10   Brazil           MF   Philippe Coutinho - Brilliant player, should try to keep him at all costs.
      14   England   MF   Jordan Henderson (vice-captain) - Very important player, must keep.
      15   England   FW   Daniel Sturridge - Wrap him in cotton wool.
      17   France   DF   Mamadou Sakho - Finally living up to the billing. Meant to be the best young CB in the world 5 years ago, expecting more from him.
      18   Spain   DF   Alberto Moreno - Not a defender, wing back seems ideal as he has more freedom to bomb forward
      19   Spain   DF   Javi Manquillo (on loan from Atlético Madrid)
      20   England   MF   Adam Lallana - Finally looking like the player he was last year
      21   Brazil           MF   Lucas Leiva - Seemed likely to go at the start of the year. Now a must keep.
      22   Belgium   GK   Simon Mignolet - Disgrace. Sell
      23   Germany   MF   Emre Can - Can do it all
      24   Wales   MF   Joe Allen - Slipping down the pecking order, would sell him on.
      29   Italy           FW   Fabio Borini - Not worth the seat he warms on the bench. Sell
      30   Spain   MF   Suso - Torn on this one... Will most likely go for around 8 million
      31   England   MF   Raheem Sterling - Must keep.
      32   England   MF   Cameron Brannagan - Loan move would be ideal for this lad I think, needs games.
      36   Germany   FW   Samed Yeşil - Never delivered on the hype. Get rid while his name still has some value.
      37   Slovakia   DF   Martin Škrtel - Could be tempted to sell if the right bid comes in. 10 million+
      38   England   DF   Jon Flanagan - Where are you?
      45   Italy           FW   Mario Balotelli - If anyone is stupid enough to come in with what we paid for him, sell
      46   England   MF   Jordan Rossiter - Would like to see more of this lad... Loan deal could work? Not sure.
      50   Serbia   MF   Lazar Marković - Looking sharper every week.
      52   Wales   GK   Danny Ward - Would like to see him start ahead of Migs.
      54   England   MF   Sheyi Ojo - Get this lad a run out.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #110: Dec 30, 2014 01:37:00 pm
      Jones
      Johnson
      Borini
      Balotelli

Use the money to bring in a proper striker please.

Add in Migs and Allen.

Both first two choice keepers are crap.

Buy 1+ GK Jan.

Proven striker.

Anything else in the kitty a DM. ( Mascher style)

Spine of the team.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #111: Dec 30, 2014 01:42:42 pm

Careful .........

Quick Reply