Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. MOTM vs. Swansea?

Mignolet
      1 (1.2%)
      Can
      2 (2.4%)
      Skrtel
      0 (0%)
      Sakho
      0 (0%)
      Manquillo
      0 (0%)
      Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Lucas
      2 (2.4%)
      Henderson
      4 (4.9%)
      Coutinho
      39 (47.6%)
      Lallana
      34 (41.5%)
      Sterling
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 80

Liverpool 4:1 Swansea. In game and post match glee.

Read 33192 times
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Re: Liverpool 4:1 Swanswa. In game and post match glee.
      Reply #598: Dec 30, 2014 09:15:57 am
      Forgot to give the gaffer some praise. Got the tactics and team sheet spot on.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,493 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #599: Dec 30, 2014 09:37:43 am
      Lallana is our new Beardsley
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #600: Dec 30, 2014 09:38:36 am
      So no polls? Somebody is having a good night sleep too.

I can't do a MOTM poll tonight as I'm on my pad. Sorry.

But I was not expecting that result. Nice to be pleasantly surprised for once.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #601: Dec 30, 2014 09:52:34 am

The Jewel in the Crown.
      He was worth every penny . He IS a class act.

Doesn't matter whose arse or head it goes off into the net .... they all count .
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #602: Dec 30, 2014 09:57:27 am
      Daniel Sturridge tweeted: ''Just finished watching the game. Can't wait to be back playing in that team and scoring goals!! Top class performance from them''.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #603: Dec 30, 2014 10:04:29 am
      Studge may come back sooner or later, whether we get another striker in Jan or not, with this 3-4-3, it is absolutely vital we get a right wing back. Hendo's performance yesterday was an absolute delight to watch. Getting in the box, those forward runs, running with their midfield men, helping out defence and as always tireless. This lad just cannot be wasted in the right wing.

And some!!
      Cannot believe there were some on this very forum giving him loads right up to last week.

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,493 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #604: Dec 30, 2014 10:12:08 am
      The Jewel in the Crown.
      He was worth every penny . He IS a class act.

Doesn't matter whose arse or head it goes off into the net .... they all count .
      Loved the way he never gave up and closed down Fabianski - got his cake and ate it
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #605: Dec 30, 2014 10:41:11 am
      Very energetic performance and great to watch. With other teams slowly tiring, I can see us scoring some ridiculous number of goals in the 2nd half of the season.
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #606: Dec 30, 2014 10:48:49 am
      That was a much better performance and a comfortable 3 points.  I think Lallana was my MOTM, he was involved in all 4 goals, and seems to be relishing this formation. 

We look so much better with a quick player up top - our whole game is transformed from earlier in the season when everything stopped as it made its way forward.  I am not criticising Raheem in any way as he is still very capable centrally, but I am looking forward to being able to see him move wider in the three (where he has the space to be far more involved and dangerous) and with Sturridge in that formation we should have so much more bite.

It is a shame that Can is being played at the back, because I think that he looks suited to the DM role we have been calling out for.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #607: Dec 30, 2014 11:08:22 am
      Excellent, excellent game, this performance has been coming in the past few weeks and I am so glad BR is going back to the style he knows best. I know he was experimenting with the team and coming up with different formations and defensive displays, perhaps to try and improve that side of our game and get a plan B together, but attacking from the back with freeflowing midfield is his style and it's a joy to watch.

Migs: Better, but we shouldn't have to sigh with relief everytime he gets through a game without a f*** up. Still need a keeper urgently. 5/10

Moreno: Excellent, needs more work on his defending, but as an attacking WB, brilliant. 8/10

Sakho: Looks in panic a lot and though I like that he can pass, often picks dangerous passes. Becoming a solid defender and should be a regular 7/10

Can: He was a beast and shows why he should be starting every game. One of my MOTM contenders. I still think he should be a DM because he's got so much ability, but he's so good as a CB. Most would have rolled around crying after an elbow, but he took it and moved on. Hats off. 8/10

Skrtl: Didn't do much wrong tonight and probably should have done better for the goal. Love his passion, but he's a liability sometimes. 6/10

Manquillo: Doesn't offer much going forward, but did a solid job defensively and I like his deiscipline. Well done. 7/10

Lucas: Quietly got on with it and broke up play a few times. Really good DM and we need to keep him in the club. 7/10

Hendo: Central midfield is clearly his best position and apart from a couple of moments when he should have picked a better pass or had a shot, had a really good game. Like that he gets forward and he's been providing a few assists as well. Great game. 7/10

Lallana: Excellent game and really beginnning shine. Loved him last year, loving him right now, brilliant game all round. Only reason why he didn't get my MOMM is because he was quiet in first half, but awesome in 2nd. Made the goal look effortless, that shows class. 8/10

Couts: I completely understand why Lallana got MOTM, but Couts gets it for me. When he's in the mood and this confident, he's absolutely unplayable. Those little flicks, and drops of the shoulder to create space in congested midfield for a pass and the ability to take on players is what sets class players apart from very good players. Clearly benefiting from the movement and support of Lallana and Sterling. Awesome 9/10

Sterling: Wasn't at his best, but that was mostly down to being well marshalled all night. Not to mention the lumps being kicked out of him all night. Thought it was a disgrace he barely got any protection from the ref. But don't underestimate the space he creates for Lallana and Couts with his runs. 7/10

Subs -

Balo: Thought he did well with limited time. He needs to pick a pass rather than shoot sometimes, but didn't do much wrong. 6/10
      Markovic: Hope this lads gets a bit more game time 'cos he's got class. It's awesome that we have genuine options in AM, and competition is always good, but he's gonna have to fight for his place. Did really well though. 7/10

Made up for the lads. Great game and only 5 points off Champion's League spot. Great game.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,310 posts | 1521 
      Reply #608: Dec 30, 2014 11:24:06 am
      Was thinking Lallana hsd a hat trick!
      Must have had a blond moment straight after the game, forgot about moreno's tap in for the first.
      Must learn not to get too excited after great perfoanves.
      Just a mention for Sahko, not his biggest fan, but think he's improved immensely. Silly tricks aside, his composure and passing were good last night, and he's looking much more settled. Good solid game from him
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #609: Dec 30, 2014 11:37:06 am
      I just got back from the game and i have to say i really enjoyed our style last night . The constant closing down of Swansea's play by Lucas was inspiring , and Henderson's return to the midfield showed how much we need him there . And that fella Lallana what can i say but  an outstanding game from him . Rodgers needs to keep this Formation it suits our game to a T.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 523 
      Reply #610: Dec 30, 2014 12:09:48 pm
      Got into the pub just as their goal went in, so only saw from there, but really good performance from then on.

Sakho and Can look to have more confidence in their passing out of defence than our other options at the back, they actually try and make meaningful passes to players in good positions rather than just be glad to hand the responsibility to the nearest midfielder. Thought that was a big part of our sharper counter-attacking this game.

No surprise to see Lallana scoring a lovely goal, he's a classy player and I think there's plenty more where that came from.

As I keep saying, Sterling needs a rest. Would actually like to see Balo given another couple of starts up front before/during the transfer window - might be his last chance.
      Sterling can always come off the bench if we need him.

Main thing is though that we actually played with real conviction in that game, flashback to second half of last season. Keep that up and top 4 is still on.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,397 posts | 3400 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #611: Dec 30, 2014 12:47:44 pm
      Loved the bit before jonjo's og, laughing and messing with lallana, affected his concentration and showed again that his head is all over the shop. Overall a great way to end the year, onwards and upwards
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts | 60 
      Reply #612: Dec 30, 2014 12:55:40 pm
      For me best we have played since spuds,a long time,but it was coming,against utd and Arsenal, we were the better team just lacking in front of goal,thought Coutinho was immense last night,so he gets my MOTM,hopefully now we can put a run together,especially with Danny on his way back soon.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,397 posts | 3400 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #613: Dec 30, 2014 01:12:27 pm
      Danny agger was there last night and said he didn't realise how much he missed the city and the club, good to hear
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #614: Dec 30, 2014 01:17:50 pm
      Looks like BR has gone Brazilian.
      Using the Volante system, with a first and second Volante in Lucas and Coutinho has really changed our style of play.
      The 2 players mentioned will have played this system growing up, so it's no wonder they look comfortable.
      These 2 players are like a metronome for the team, setting the pace and dictating play, with the added bonus of Coutinho also being able to make the transitional runs from the centre third to the final third.

Good stuff from BR.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #615: Dec 30, 2014 01:28:53 pm
      It's Swansea, not Swanswa. Mods.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #616: Dec 30, 2014 01:31:50 pm
      Loved the bit before jonjo's og, laughing and messing with lallana, affected his concentration and showed again that his head is all over the shop. Overall a great way to end the year, onwards and upwards
      I always knew shelvey would score a goal for us again . Fair play to him .

ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Re: Liverpool 4:1 Swansea. In game and post match glee.
      Reply #617: Dec 30, 2014 02:24:06 pm
      It's Swansea, not Swanswa. Mods.

Done, and MOTM poll added, sorry for the delay.

And for what it's worth, just wanted to say:

GERRRRRRRRRRRRRRINNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNN!!! ;D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,271 posts | 6368 
      Reply #618: Dec 30, 2014 02:46:32 pm
      And some!!
      Cannot believe there were some on this very forum giving him loads right up to last week.

I can...because until yesterday he hadn't been playing like that. Same with Coutinho...he was utterly useless the last game but stepped it up last night. Not sure why they were off but if they stay "on" like yesterday we should be in good shape.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,358 posts | 1028 
      Reply #619: Dec 30, 2014 04:15:35 pm
      So question is, who do we drop from that team for Sturridge's return? Clearly he will taken Raheems place but where will he then go? Could we accommodate Sterling, Lallana, Coutinho and Sturridge in the same team? Would we maybe put Hendo at RB and drop Manquillo? Or maybe Drop Lucas?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #620: Dec 30, 2014 04:32:06 pm
      I can...because until yesterday he hadn't been playing like that. Same with Coutinho...he was utterly useless the last game but stepped it up last night. Not sure why they were off but if they stay "on" like yesterday we should be in good shape.

Henderson and Coutinho have never qualified as utterly useless as far as I'm concerned, their performance level may have fallen below what we have come to expect from those players but to dismiss them in such a way is harsh to say the least. 

Quick Reply