Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. MOTM vs. Swansea?

Mignolet
      1 (1.2%)
      Can
      2 (2.4%)
      Skrtel
      0 (0%)
      Sakho
      0 (0%)
      Manquillo
      0 (0%)
      Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Lucas
      2 (2.4%)
      Henderson
      4 (4.9%)
      Coutinho
      39 (47.6%)
      Lallana
      34 (41.5%)
      Sterling
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 80

Liverpool 4:1 Swansea. In game and post match glee.

Read 33203 times
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 992 posts | 68 
      Re: Liverpool 4:1 Swansea. In game and post match glee.
      Reply #621: Dec 30, 2014 04:44:13 pm
      Great performance from the team and finally we look near something like last season . Lallana and  couthino were superb.
      very excited to see Can develope . He's got the calmness that you need to be a great player.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #622: Dec 30, 2014 05:17:24 pm
      yes I must confess I find all the "and I can't believe some were giving such and such stick last week" a bit baffling too. Lets face it we've been pretty much garbage all season, EVERYONE has been garbage from the manager to the players so none of them can really say they didn't deserve stick.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #623: Dec 30, 2014 06:07:45 pm
      Has Jonjo scored more goals for us since he left than the whole time he was here?
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #624: Dec 30, 2014 06:09:44 pm
      Jonjo VS Emre. No holds barred. Only one winner.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #625: Dec 30, 2014 07:05:24 pm
      BR has simply used the players in the right position this time, Lallana and Cou  rampaging through the middle, near to the goal and not far away from it, we always knew he can do that very well when he was with Southampton that's where he is most effective, Sterling playing very near to the box (that's where he's most effective), Lucas very few side and back passes and fast to release the ball forward (that's what we need if we want Cou, Sterling and Lallana to be effective), Hendo playing in the middle and some nice forward passes, both he and Lucas close down the spaces well. Moreno and Manquillo bombing forward on both wings and defended well. So the winning formula for BR is he has simply played the players in the right position this time, no dilly dallying, everyone up the tempo of the game, close down the space well and some hard tackling, we defended as a team and attacked as a team.

Players find it difficult to play against us as our attack is unpredictable as last season, it could come from Lallana, Sterling, Cou, Hendo, Morkovic, Moreno or even Manquillo. No disrespect to Stevie, without Stevie's presence I felt the young lads have more courage and confidence to show what they can do on the pitch and to express their talent freely without the legend overbearing on them.

As what I have kept harping on BR, he has got a very young and talented side that he can work on many attacking options. The more attacking variations BR has, the more opposition teams will find it difficult to cope with us. Hope he continue to work on that.

The happiest thing for me is goals are coming from elsewhere in the abscense of Sturridge.

I hope BR will not revert to the old style of play and start the 2nd half of the season with his new found attacking tactics. 

The only downside is Balo even how hard he tried, he has yet to score regularly, and the signs are there that BR are bringing him much nearer to the box to be effective, as what he has shown when he was with city. With better understanding with Lallana, Cou, Sterling and the rest I;m sure he'll improve. But I hope he doesn't spend more time on the computer games than the training pitch as evident that he was talking to a Swansea player after the game about a game controller, spend more time on the pitch with some serious shooting practice that'll do.

Well done BR.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #626: Dec 30, 2014 08:46:45 pm
      I got pissed off and disenfranchised about a month ago because of he way we deviated from what made us so much of a success last season when we were playing with Lambert or Mario as the focal point to our attack.

Feeling excited again now that the Brendan has finally found a way to bring the excitement back to our game.

I've not been bored from the United game onwards watching us play (didn't see Burnley game) which is  a big plus.

If we can somehow succesfully force that style of play on teams away from home like we did last season too we could get close to 4th.

Be interesting to see who makes way when Sturridge is fit, if indeed anybody  :f_tongueincheek:

Anyway hopefully it's lesson learnt from the boss and we keep fast and creative types who can press the ball as our front options.

Sell the F**k out of Mario and with respect Lambert and pretend they never happened
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #627: Dec 30, 2014 10:18:05 pm

Daniel Agger at Anfield last night saying how he misses being with LFC.

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=47201.0;attach=27664;image
      « Last Edit: Dec 30, 2014 10:35:46 pm by stuey »
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #628: Dec 30, 2014 10:56:43 pm
      Daniel Agger will always be a legend for me. A role model of what a LFC player supposed to be and does not allow fame and fortune to get the better of him. Will always have a place in the club. I'd welcome him back one day in some form of coaching staff or backroom staff. Thank you Dagger and very nice to see you back at the club.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #629: Dec 30, 2014 10:59:05 pm
      Love that big Dane!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #630: Dec 30, 2014 11:02:13 pm

None more so than when he smashed that plastic f**ker Torres with his forearm.

redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #631: Dec 30, 2014 11:13:21 pm
      Dagger - brilliant to see him back.  Its clear LFC enters the hearts of some players.  It becomes them and they become part of it.  Great to see Daniel back - I think he'll be cheered by the fans whenever he returns.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #632: Dec 30, 2014 11:33:09 pm
      Carager-Agger-Lovren would be frikin imense at the back. quality defenders
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #633: Dec 30, 2014 11:47:21 pm
      According to the BBC Shelvey has been charged by the FA but Sterling hasn't. If that's the case then I'd feel aggrieved if I was Gary Monk.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #634: Dec 30, 2014 11:48:05 pm
      Carager-Agger-Lovren would be frikin imense at the back. quality defenders

You being serious? Agger was good but not exactly "immense" and Lovren? If you think he's immense then somethings wrong.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #635: Dec 30, 2014 11:59:57 pm
      You being serious? Agger was good but not exactly "immense" and Lovren? If you think he's immense then somethings wrong.

sorry about lovren, i still hope he will come good, but i frikin love daniel agger, imagine him can and coutinho nearby.. passing extasy
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #636: Dec 31, 2014 01:48:21 am
      According to the BBC Shelvey has been charged by the FA but Sterling hasn't. If that's the case then I'd feel aggrieved if I was Gary Monk.

Personally think Shelvey is deserving of a ban for his and to be honest Sterling should have one too, very lucky lad is Raheem.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #637: Dec 31, 2014 02:26:39 am
      Personally think Shelvey is deserving of a ban for his and to be honest Sterling should have one too, very lucky lad is Raheem.

I agree entirely.
      Canuck33
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 345 posts | 19 
      Reply #638: Dec 31, 2014 02:30:29 am

Good stuff. Great servant of the club.
      DutchLiverpoolFan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,086 posts | 61 
      Reply #639: Dec 31, 2014 02:34:19 am
      Now Skrtel is suspended. Can we see 4 at the back returning?
      Canuck33
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 345 posts | 19 
      Reply #640: Dec 31, 2014 02:38:47 am
      So question is, who do we drop from that team for Sturridge's return? Clearly he will taken Raheems place but where will he then go? Could we accommodate Sterling, Lallana, Coutinho and Sturridge in the same team? Would we maybe put Hendo at RB and drop Manquillo? Or maybe Drop Lucas?

It'll be Lucas who gets dropped with Can moving into midfield. Standard back 4 of Manquillo, Skrtel or Lovren, Sakho and Moreno. Two deep and two advanced midfielders of Henderson and Can as well as Coutinho and Lallana. Sturridge up front and Sterling in a free role.
      Canuck33
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 345 posts | 19 
      Reply #641: Dec 31, 2014 02:42:17 am

Could be. But given the form we've shown with the current formation, I think Lovren will get a shot. I think we'll go back to a standard back 4 once Sturridge is back.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #642: Dec 31, 2014 06:43:03 am

Isnt Kolo fit to start? No change in formation. Expect Can-Kolo-Sakho to be the back 3. One change I'm tempted to make would be Markovic instead of Manquillo at RWB. But will Sterling be given a break and will Borini start up top? Will Stevie come back for one of Hendo/Lucas would be interesting...
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #643: Dec 31, 2014 06:51:18 am
      don't care who plays and where, as long as they show the same pressing, passion, aggression, creating many chances as against Swansea

Agger,? nice to see him LFC is still in his heart ,as he is in ours

YNWA

Quick Reply