Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. MOTM vs. Swansea?

Mignolet
      1 (1.2%)
      Can
      2 (2.4%)
      Skrtel
      0 (0%)
      Sakho
      0 (0%)
      Manquillo
      0 (0%)
      Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Lucas
      2 (2.4%)
      Henderson
      4 (4.9%)
      Coutinho
      39 (47.6%)
      Lallana
      34 (41.5%)
      Sterling
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 80

Liverpool 4:1 Swansea. In game and post match glee.

Read 33021 times
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Re: Liverpool 4:1 Swansea. In game and post match glee.
      Reply #644: Dec 31, 2014 07:41:57 am
      According to the BBC Shelvey has been charged by the FA but Sterling hasn't. If that's the case then I'd feel aggrieved if I was Gary Monk.
      I don't think they can do anything if a referee or assistant saw it and didn't give a foul, and that assistant was pretty much 10cms away haha, unless its changed of course. But, yeah he's lucky, very lucky!
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #645: Dec 31, 2014 08:22:00 am
      Isnt Kolo fit to start? No change in formation. Expect Can-Kolo-Sakho to be the back 3. One change I'm tempted to make would be Markovic instead of Manquillo at RWB. But will Sterling be given a break and will Borini start up top? Will Stevie come back for one of Hendo/Lucas would be interesting...

Kolo is on international duty with the ivory coast unfortunately.
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #646: Dec 31, 2014 09:00:17 am
      Have to agree Henderson has been f***in garbage all season
      Last night he was excellent he usually is when SG isn't playing.

Coutinho was my  motm outstanding display.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #647: Dec 31, 2014 09:07:49 am
      First game I've enjoyed watching us for quite a while.

Even when Swansea had that little period after their goal, the lads dug in and stepped it up a gear.

Coutinho was outstanding and just edged Lallana for my MOTM. Lucas and Hendo also very good in the centre and Can looks like a lad who could play almost anywhere. Great ability especially considering his lack of fitness.

Stevie to return against Leicester then??
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #648: Dec 31, 2014 09:48:26 am
      I don't think they can do anything if a referee or assistant saw it and didn't give a foul, and that assistant was pretty much 10cms away haha, unless its changed of course. But, yeah he's lucky, very lucky!

It is also reported the linesman saw Raheem's push as a response to the pat on the head he was given by the defender. We all know the racial connotations attributed to such a gesture.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #649: Dec 31, 2014 09:59:41 am
      According to the BBC Shelvey has been charged by the FA but Sterling hasn't. If that's the case then I'd feel aggrieved if I was Gary Monk.

I wouldn't. The rules say that the FA can take retrospective action for violent conduct if the referee has missed an incident.

In Raheem's case, it would be very hard to argue it was violent conduct. It was a sending off tbh, you cannot raise your hands, but if the referee has seen it and deemed it not worthy, then the FA don't need to take any action.

Shelvey's case is different, it was a very dangerous elbow and it's right the FA should take action. The FA also take into account previous behaviour, which is rather colourful for Shelvey but Raheem's hardly put a foot wrong.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #650: Dec 31, 2014 10:33:18 am
      I wouldn't. The rules say that the FA can take retrospective action for violent conduct if the referee has missed an incident.

In Raheem's case, it would be very hard to argue it was violent conduct. It was a sending off tbh, you cannot raise your hands, but if the referee has seen it and deemed it not worthy, then the FA don't need to take any action.

Shelvey's case is different, it was a very dangerous elbow and it's right the FA should take action. The FA also take into account previous behaviour, which is rather colourful for Shelvey but Raheem's hardly put a foot wrong.

As stated Raheem was patted on the head quite inappropriately and that in itself is a can of worms, the FA no doubt take the view that penalising the culprit of the potential racist gesture was keeping a lid on it.
      Shelvey was in the frame for retrospective action all F***ing day.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #651: Dec 31, 2014 10:53:24 am
      Thank God you found a superstition because ive worn all of mine out. None of them work anymore.

Expect a winning run now.
      I've got this.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #652: Dec 31, 2014 11:05:28 am
      It is also reported the linesman saw Raheem's push as a response to the pat on the head he was given by the defender. We all know the racial connotations attributed to such a gesture.

We also know it can have no racial connotations at all, can just be a wee bit condescending to someone of short stature. 
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #653: Dec 31, 2014 12:01:07 pm
      As stated Raheem was patted on the head quite inappropriately and that in itself is a can of worms, the FA no doubt take the view that penalising the culprit of the potential racist gesture was keeping a lid on it.

Very true. It's disgusting that it goes on and I don't trust the FA to even acknowledge it, they'drather bury their head in the sand as usual. The saying goes "if you keep burying your head in the sand, someone will finger your ass", hope the FA get it good.

That aside, Raheem's going to have to grow in character and not react, regardless of how abhorrent the behaviour is.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #654: Dec 31, 2014 12:21:28 pm
      Expect a winning run now.
      I've got this.

Nice work Racer
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #655: Dec 31, 2014 04:35:01 pm
      I'd say leave it where it ended, the match is over and LFC is not pressing for action so no reason for the FA to go gung-ho on the matter. They've got more pressing issues to look at such as no favors given to the the top clubs against lesser opponents by the referee on the pitch.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #656: Dec 31, 2014 04:35:55 pm
      I won't be home for tomorrow's match to create the thread :( Hopefully I will watch the second half YNWA
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #657: Dec 31, 2014 07:35:33 pm

Looks like he's just scared the sh*t out of Lallana in that pic.

Good to see you back Danny.

Quick Reply