Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Liverpool 2-2 Leicester. In game & Post match misery

Read 44555 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Live: Liverpool vs Leicester
      Reply #483: Jan 01, 2015 04:57:34 pm
      Bunch of bottlers! As if we just threw away 2 points at home to f**king Leicester!! Disgrace of a performance.

Back to the Burnley type performance that.

2 crap 3 good wont be enough to see us make ground on 4th spot.

Questions have to be asked again why Brendan persists with Gerrard. Granted he scored the two penalties but we surely have someone who can slot them away too?

Old adage of don't fix it if it isn't broken. The difference in our midfield today was alarming.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #484: Jan 01, 2015 04:57:58 pm
      That was a disgrace.

Top 4? If you want to finish in the Top half of the table you cannot give away a two goal lead so easily!
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,519 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #485: Jan 01, 2015 04:58:47 pm
      Dog sh*te

I put that performance squarely on the Gaffer's shoulders. His insistence on playing Gerrard and thus forcing Hendo out wide and cocking up the momentum we'd gotten from our last game has just cost us an extra 2 points.

Piss off with playing Gerrard! Even with two penalties he did NOTHING all game other than to screw the ball into row z looking for a Hollywood top right hand finish in the 92nd minute, when all he had to do was drop it back in the 6 yard box to cause more pressure.

Bollocks to it all
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Liverpool 2-2 Leicester. In game & Post match misery
      Reply #486: Jan 01, 2015 04:59:17 pm
      Interesting to hear what BR has to say about this

How did we go from Swansea to this?

.... but we've turned the corner .

Brendan told us that the other day.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,788 posts | 574 
      Reply #487: Jan 01, 2015 04:59:56 pm
      .... but we've turned the corner .

Brendan told us that the other day.

We've got great technicians though
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #488: Jan 01, 2015 05:00:29 pm
      Brendan may want to reassess his "Not buying in January" speech!
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,545 posts | 243 
      Reply #489: Jan 01, 2015 05:00:30 pm
      I actually thought we had turned the corner, but no it's a roundabout and we're going back with the foot on the accelerator
      picking the same old passengers using the same old route
      Thanks for a look into how the New Year is going to shape up
      demoralised
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #490: Jan 01, 2015 05:00:31 pm
      Gerrard should not be in the starting 11. BR cost us 2 points today because of his lack of judgment. Why change a team when it just played the best football we have seen this season. Hendo should play in the middle and Lucas is the only true DM we have. I am so frustrated right now.
      How some still think that Gerrard is our best player now is beyond me...?!?!?!?! He will remain a Liverpool legend for past years performances but in my opinion he is done playing at the highest level and BR playing him is costing us dearly...
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6741 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #491: Jan 01, 2015 05:01:00 pm
      Look at all the results around us tonight, we simply had to take advantage of that but na, the lads were lucky very lucky we didn't lose all 3 points because they totally outplayed us on our own F***ing ground!

Brendan definitely has to take the blame for that performance.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #492: Jan 01, 2015 05:02:01 pm
      Maybe Stevie will leave in the Jan window and make it easier for Brendan  :f_tongueincheek:
      I don't think Brendan is Ruthless enough to drop Gerrard, either that or it was just a case of squad rotation today.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #493: Jan 01, 2015 05:02:56 pm
      Gerrard should not be in the starting 11. BR cost us 2 points today because of his lack of judgment. Why change a team when it just played the best football we have seen this season. Hendo should play in the middle and Lucas is the only true DM we have. I am so frustrated right now.
      How some still think that Gerrard is our best player now is beyond me...?!?!?!?! He will remain a Liverpool legend for past years performances but in my opinion he is done playing at the highest level and BR playing him is costing us dearly...

It's because his past performances have made them lose their objectivity. He's a liability where he plays and isn't providing what he did last season in an offensive sense.

No energy, no cover, doesn't press.

It's all fine though, because as you say "he's the best player at the club" apparently.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #494: Jan 01, 2015 05:03:14 pm
      This is squarely on Brendan for me. There was no reason whatsoever to change the team that bossed Swansea (Skrtel suspension aside). This system requires mobile CMs. So he goes and picks Lucas and Gerrard? When has that ever worked in his 2.5 years here? They're too immobile and too slow to work as a pairing. We say this every f**king time they play together.

Biggest positive for me: Moreno and Sakho on the left with Coutinho ahead. That's pretty decent and should be our left side sorted.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #495: Jan 01, 2015 05:03:31 pm
      Maybe Stevie will leave in the Jan window and make it easier for Brendan  :f_tongueincheek:
      I don't think Brendan is Ruthless enough to drop Gerrard, either that or it was just a case of squad rotation today.

gerrard wont leave.  I still don't want him to leave tbh

What should happen is what is happening with Lampard over at Mancity.  make cameos in the later game.  he comes on fresh vs tired legs and makes an impact.  Lampard scored today
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #496: Jan 01, 2015 05:03:32 pm
      Do you want a poll?
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,017 posts | 3352 
      Reply #497: Jan 01, 2015 05:03:34 pm
      F***ing sh*te, didn't even deserve a F***ing point. Two dodgy penalties and that was about all the threat we offered.

Mignolet didn't actually do anything wrong. If there is a man of the match poll, I'd be inclined to go for him.

Can after taking the plaudits against Swansea, looked very iffy today - in particular the first half.

Toure done alright apart from ending up his arse that once.

Sakho was his typical Jekyll and Hyde self. One minute looks sound, next he's a F***ing liability. Was one of the reasons for the first goal, just let Nugent (Dave F***ing Nugent for fucks sake) run away from him. Need much better and much more solid defenders.

Henderson again proving why he isn't a right wing back.

Gerrard apart from the penalties done F**k all. Getting sick and tired of this invisible skipper.

Lucas sh*te again. Let Nugent slip away from him in the first place for the goal, got passed round for most of the game and picked up his usual booking.

Moreno looked alright first half, done F**k all second.

Lallana done nothing. One chance he had he had to take extra touches rather than letting it run across his body and hitting it first time with his right.

Coutinho very good first half, invisible for the majority of the second.

Sterling for the fella we're resting our hopes upon, he done nothing. The odd decent run but it's becoming more and more clear that he's not the answer to our problems up front. He's a midfielder. And his just let Schlupp run away from him for the second goal.

Borini didn't think it was possible, but he's worse than Balotelli. The fella is sh*te and should never be near a Liverpool squad again. Can't believe he F***ing turned down the chance to leave in the Summer. We've been regretting it ever since.

Markovic touched the ball once didn't he? Free header, ten yards out and his misses the target. Not good enough today.

Lambert touched the ball once didn't he? Flicked it on only for Borini to fall over for no F***ing reason.

sh*te all round.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #498: Jan 01, 2015 05:04:01 pm
      Think our defense looked even more chaotic than usual without Skertel.  :f_doh:

crap.

HNY 2015.
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #499: Jan 01, 2015 05:04:42 pm
      I still don't understand why Javier Manquillo was dropped. The only reason I can see was to accommodate Steven Gerrard who, other than scoring two penalties, did nothing to control the midfield. Henderson had his best game of the season alongside Lucas against Swansea and then is thrown back onto right-wing-back duty - shocking.

And when Adam Lallana came off why not just stick Lazar Markovic on to keep the pace and intensity up top. Raheem Sterling was doing absolutely fine up front in closing things down and occupying their centre-backs.

The only reason I thought Gerrard would play today was to give Henderson or Lucas a rest but when they both started it made absolutely no sense whatsoever.

I just give up!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #500: Jan 01, 2015 05:06:33 pm
      I still don't understand why Javier Manquillo was dropped. The only reason I can see was to accommodate Steven Gerrard who, other than scoring two penalties, did nothing to control the midfield. Henderson had his best game of the season alongside Lucas against Swansea and then is thrown back onto right-wing-back duty - shocking.

And when Adam Lallana came off why not just stick Lazar Markovic on to keep the pace and intensity up top. Raheem Sterling was doing absolutely fine up front in closing things down and occupying their centre-backs.

The only reason I thought Gerrard would play today was to give Henderson or Lucas a rest but when they both started it made absolutely no sense whatsoever.

I just give up!

Well summed up that.
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #501: Jan 01, 2015 05:06:51 pm
      Dog sh*te

I put that performance squarely on the Gaffer's shoulders. His insistence on playing Gerrard and thus forcing Hendo out wide and cocking up the momentum we'd gotten from our last game has just cost us an extra 2 points.

Piss off with playing Gerrard! Even with two penalties he did NOTHING all game other than to screw the ball into row z looking for a Hollywood top right hand finish in the 92nd minute, when all he had to do was drop it back in the 6 yard box to cause more pressure.

Bollocks to it all

This.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,487 posts | 218 
      Reply #502: Jan 01, 2015 05:07:11 pm
      FUnny how people use Gerrard as a scapegoat still, have they not watched henderson, lucas or allen this season? they have been awful, no ifs and no buts, all 3 of those lack serious quality on the ball, it makes no difference who we play in cm, the performance will still be the same, average/ Gerrard gets us so many goals from his deliveries that he simply should be first of the lot, he had the most assists last season for a reason, without them, we would have not even finished 2nd.

The issue is a lack of quality throughout the team, we have no midfield, we need to get rid of allen and lucas and bring in a couple of quality cms who can control and defend games, henderson should be benched, he would not be starting at city or chelsea, that is the benchmark

What I found outstanding is despite playing with 3cbs, we still failed to close down shots, the manager had a poor game, by moving sterling out from the striker role, we lost our shape, sterling cost us the 2nd goal as well if people look closely at it the run of play leading up to it, no idea why he never put borini or marko on the wing.

also have no idea why henderson is still in the team ahead of a proper right back
      Redangel

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #503: Jan 01, 2015 05:08:45 pm
      Just a very disappointing performance all round. We always think we have turned the corner, but sadly it never seems to happen.
      Really thought after the last performance we would have kept the same team, bar for injuries!
      We cannot give a 2 goal lead away at home and expect top 4.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #504: Jan 01, 2015 05:09:07 pm
      Gerrard should now be dubbed hollywood balls  :laugh:

Careful.  The word Gerrard and Hollywood Balls just don't mix. Check back.

BTW. 

H.B. is never on the match thread.  Probably style shopping at the Arndale Centre .

carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #505: Jan 01, 2015 05:11:27 pm
      Avery disappointing 2nd half,not that the first was  great, but we managed to control the game
       up came the 2nd half and we were totally crap
       why borini and not lambert for Lallana,if he was injured
        2 of our on target shots were blocked by  markovic and borini
       waiting for the classic post match interview from BR

YNWA

Quick Reply