Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Liverpool 2-2 Leicester. In game & Post match misery

Read 44172 times
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Re: Liverpool 2-2 Leicester. In game & Post match misery
      Reply #529: Jan 01, 2015 06:26:50 pm
      Will be interesting to see MOTD.

Apparently Morgan was smacked in the face with the ball and didn't handle it for the pen to us.
      Yup. Ball hit him squarely in the face and it was a case of ball hitting hand for the second.

That's why I said we were extremely lucky to get a point.

Hard to believe we've lost just once in 11 games
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #530: Jan 01, 2015 06:33:42 pm
      So we're back to being sh*te again then?

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #531: Jan 01, 2015 06:34:30 pm
      So we're back to being sh*te again then?

Going by that last performance, definitely a yes.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #532: Jan 01, 2015 06:50:23 pm
      Mignolet-6
      Can-6
      Toure-5
      Sakho-7
      Henderson-6
      Lucas-3
      Gerrard-2
      Moreno-6
      Lallana-5
      Coutinho-7
      Sterling-6

Gerrard get 1 point for each pen
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #533: Jan 01, 2015 06:54:46 pm
      F***ing joke why in gods name did he change anything from the Swansea game .
      Pandering to Gerrard again ffs I know he's a legend and all that but he's being shocking all season and should be on the bench .
      This is down to Rodgers and Rodgers only....F***ing livid.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #534: Jan 01, 2015 06:58:11 pm
      The ref was are only good player today, the rest were just scratching there arses, shocking performance all around especially the manager
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #535: Jan 01, 2015 07:12:58 pm
      didnt see the game but judging by the result, i didnt miss anything ...

for me this was the day when we lost any hope in getting into top 4
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #536: Jan 01, 2015 07:36:01 pm
      Everytime Brendan tries to be too smart this happens...
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #537: Jan 01, 2015 07:41:28 pm
      I know you're the eternal optimist and all Mick but... eleven?  :)
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #538: Jan 01, 2015 07:41:47 pm
      I hate to say it but us trying to accommodate Stevie today cost us the points. We would have seen a different result had he been on the bench in my opinion.

Also, reckon Ojo should have been given a run out instead of Borini to be honest.
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #539: Jan 01, 2015 07:59:35 pm
      u
      Everytime Brendan tries to be too smart this happens...

bang on mate. My feeling exactly. Why change a side that performed exceptionally well...? What message does it send to the young lads such as Manquillo...? This was complete bullshit from BR.
      We are in the position we are now because of BR decision to play Gerrard in the DM role. I do not care if he now drops him and we start collecting more points. He will still need to answer for all the dropped points thus far this season. Liverpool is not his science lab project to experiment with. His job is put the best team to win game after game. He is not doing that. Instead he is having a kick every game trying to show how clever he is (which he is clearly not) and costing us valuable points in the process...
      I am so F***ing upset now because we have the players to do well and we are stopped by an arrogant and self absorbed individual!!!
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #540: Jan 01, 2015 08:06:57 pm
      My ratings:

Mignolet: No chance with either goal but still looks like an extra from Watership Down who's doing a bit of late night motorway wandering. 5/10.

Henderson: Poor on the day but nowhere near so bad as he has been on occasions this season. 5/10.

Can: Didn't really shine today. 4/10.

Toure: Looked in trouble on occasions but like the other defenders was having to manage multiple runners. 5/10.

Sakho: Currently our best defender by a mile. 6/10.

Moreno: A couple of trademark brainless moments, but not the worst. 6/10.

Lucas: Way off the pace and looked very jaded. 3/10.

Gerrard: He and Lucas manage to make each other look worse than they actually are which is not ideal. Like his partner, very poor. Two good pennies though. 4/10.

Lallana: Another who looked very tired to me before he went off. 4/10.

Sterling: Played like a 20 year old kid, who would have thought it? Didn't always make the right choices. 5/10.

Coutinho: Comfortably the best player on view. 7/10.

Subs: (and my stream got dodgier as the game went on).

Borini: Awful. 3/10.

Markovic: Had little impact. 4/10.

Lambert: Ditto. 4/10.

6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #541: Jan 01, 2015 08:13:33 pm
      Still seething
      Markovic - not enough time to judge but he really has to hit the target with that header toward the end.

The system worked great against a Swansea side who are much better than bottom of the table Leicester City. It was changed to accommodate a 34 year old player and as a result we were extremely lucky to get 1 point.

Seething isn't the word...Fuming more like..

If Markovic had connected with that ball 6 yards out with 8 minutes left at the Kop end and put it into the net he'd be a hero tonight..It was a perfect cross, perfect height and it was a free header.. and he missed by a mile !!.. Sitter !!

Got it in one with the Gerrard comment...

God knows what side he'll put out against Wimbledon on Monday night...

luckylane
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #542: Jan 01, 2015 08:18:58 pm
      Fuming is actually an understatement. This result is down to one thing, and one thing only Brendan zero frikin bollocks. You bring in Gerrard after best performance of the season. Disrupts the chemistry of a team playing well cos you don't want to upset one player. Your  a frikin pussy. that is all .
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #543: Jan 01, 2015 08:33:17 pm
      I have got this match recording on Match Choice at 10 o'clock after i've watched the darts.

Can anyone tell me if it is actually worth watching?
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #544: Jan 01, 2015 08:43:56 pm
      I'll take the rush of responses as a resounding no then?
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,483 posts | 240 
      Reply #545: Jan 01, 2015 08:46:25 pm
      I have got this match recording on Match Choice at 10 o'clock after i've watched the darts.

Can anyone tell me if it is actually worth watching?

yes you've got to watch it just to believe, I think we are all having a mass hallucination week in week out same mistakes over and over
      BR is meant to be a manager so manage not just pick!
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #546: Jan 01, 2015 08:49:44 pm
      I'll take the rush of responses as a resounding no then?

Watch It Mate... you have to.. just to see how disjointed we played compared to the Swansea game three days ago..
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #547: Jan 01, 2015 09:13:32 pm
      Decided to take a while and digest that. Fortunate to get the draw. I think we struggle against teams that want a fight and are up for the battle. Why? DM. Simple as, and trying not to jump on the Gerrard bandwagon, but both himself and Lucas were awful, Gerrard more so. Lazy, lethargic and no idea where to be positionally. His long passes are 1 in 10 now and put us under the kosh all the time. Brendan needs to man up, as many have said, I want him to success, playing Gerrard in that position will doom him to failure. Also, its horrible seeing Gerrard rotting in such a role. He knows how poor he is at it. Hes lost his captaincy if you ask me, which is bizarre because a DM should be best suited to command the team over all other positions.

Parts of the game I thought we came into it. Passed well and moved the ball well looking for a weakness. Coutinho was our best player again, but didnt have a great game. Good to see Sakho, who didnt excel, command the area. He was ordering the line and marshalling his fellow players well.

As a fan, you can almost guess when we are going to concede. Few poor passes and suddenly we looked shook and a few passes later we concede. Then a few mins later Toure, under no real pressure, mispasses the ball out of play and Leicester lift their game again and score a few mins later. Its shocking, we are literally our own worst enemies.... we cut ourselves and drip the blood into the sea for all to sniff.

Brendan really messed up. There was no real reason, other than Gerrards legacy, to change the starting lineup. Poor Poor decision and one he will be beaten up over.

We missed out on 2 vital points today.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #548: Jan 01, 2015 09:16:54 pm
      F***ing joke why in gods name did he change anything from the Swansea game .
      Pandering to Gerrard again ffs I know he's a legend and all that but he's being shocking all season and should be on the bench .
      This is down to Rodgers and Rodgers only....f**king livid.

Rush, Dalglish and more recently Carragher are legends too. They recognised when their time was up though.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #549: Jan 01, 2015 09:22:03 pm
      Didn't see the game, just reading through the posts though, sounds like a bad day out and we probably lucky to get a point. Still, point is not a disaster, 7 from last 9 possible isn't a terrible return.

Lucas and SG in same midfield though -- I'd never put them together, once the pace of the game ups, we're in trouble. Hendo's not everyone's cup of tea, but he offers something in the middle that neither do any more. And Manquillo can do a job at FB - why use Hendo as a square peg when we have a round one.

Hard to judge SG seeing as I didn't see the match but do feel in the last couple of months he seems to have lost more of his edge. Brilliant player and man - but nature's a harsh mistress, BR has difficult decisions to make.

And dragging out the broken record again, if BR doesn't bring in fresh options up front in Jan - realistic options - we'll struggle to be really consistent in closing out games/scoring goals.
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #550: Jan 01, 2015 09:24:56 pm
      A great manager once said let your players legs go on someone else's pitch. We lost because a players legs is going on ours.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #551: Jan 01, 2015 09:25:44 pm
      Was disappointing to see the team changed today. Gerrard and Lucas in midfield sit too deep in front of the defence and it causes all sorts of problems if teams have a go at us with pace. I don't understand why the manager persists with it.

Saying that though, there were players not performing at the level required today, going forward. Little movement at times where we needed to break quickly. Again though, having two central midfielders sitting so deep, will limit our attack.

Threw two points away by casual defending. We switched off and became vulnerable. Frustrating isn't the word.

Quick Reply