Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Liverpool 2-2 Leicester. In game & Post match misery

Read 45164 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Re: Live: Liverpool vs Leicester
      Reply #184: Jan 01, 2015 03:50:55 pm
      ;D not again FL, as long as your arms are in a natural position then intent is the only thing that comes into question. When people run or turn their arms naturally come away from their bodies it's basic physics.

The first was a bad call, the second is slightly debatable but in my opinion also a bad call as the lads arms are not raised above his waist he was turning to block the ball and that made the space between body and arm.

Yea both calls were shockers ref is having a mare of a game but we won't complain!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #185: Jan 01, 2015 03:51:31 pm
      2-0 flatters us, I think we've been rather sh*t to be honest with Coutinho the exception as he's been brilliant.

That said, I'd take a 2-0 lead at halftime every day of the week. Hopefully we can close this one out in the second half and improve our performance a bit

Moreno, Lallana and Sakho playing well also.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #186: Jan 01, 2015 03:51:59 pm
      Got on the end of a couple of favourable decisions. We're due some luck, and fortunately we took both chances and are leading comfortably.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,739 posts | 158 
      Reply #187: Jan 01, 2015 03:52:14 pm
      Countino will join team of the week in Ultimate team his price will be crazy.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #188: Jan 01, 2015 03:52:18 pm
      Any more Coutiho magic and i'll have a mess in my pants.

A Stevie G hat trick may top me off.

We havent been good. Havent been bad. 2-0 though so who F***ing cares!! :)

Emre Can and Mamadou Sakho both playing fancy. Imagine them pre-1990s as centre backs :D So many flicks, touches, runs. Entertaining.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #189: Jan 01, 2015 03:52:38 pm
      Why has Brendan changed it just to accommodate Gerrard? Hendo at wing right back when he's better in the middle, means us having to drop Manquillo.

It's caused a great imbalance. Very frustrating.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #190: Jan 01, 2015 03:52:39 pm
      In his defence he is not a winger and never will be. Playing well despite this.

i agree. he is playing well. i was just throwing it out there. against swansea, when sterling hit the post. hendo picked the pass. then there are other times, his head is down and he just crosses rather then looking up and try to pick a pass.

raheem wouldnt head too many into the net, so i thunk thats something br could fix.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #191: Jan 01, 2015 03:53:06 pm
      I think we've played pretty well TBH, it's not easy to keep turning it on when the games are coming thick and fast. We've been lucky with both pens in my view, but good sides take advantage of good fortune. From here if we can get another couple of goals it'll do the goal difference no harm at all. Time to be ruthless.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,494 posts | 2868 
      Reply #192: Jan 01, 2015 03:53:08 pm
      Performance wise that was pretty shocking, they should have scored at least once and we've not got our ourselves going at all really. 2-0 though so can't complain too much.

Definitely think we were due some luck after Mata's offside goal and the awful decisions where Flamini and Shelvey both managed to stay on the pitch against us in recent weeks. Feels good to be finally getting them in our favour!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #193: Jan 01, 2015 03:53:36 pm
      Countino will join team of the week in Ultimate team his price will be crazy.

Should have been this week. Lallana is a discard which is a shame.

His dribbling should be 95 and 5* skills, Phillipe. He is so bloody good with the ball at his feet.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #194: Jan 01, 2015 03:54:47 pm
      I'm surprised people are surprised we're playing Gerrard, he is our best player after all.

Aye, one of the best out there, found his range perfectly today, one might think he got a new year gobble off his missus or somethin. ;D

Also loving Couts, Hendo, Lallana, Moreno, F**k it, all of them.
      DanMann

• 5,802 posts | 892 
      Reply #195: Jan 01, 2015 03:55:01 pm
      Why has Brendan changed it just to accommodate Gerrard? Hendo at wing right back when he's better in the middle, means us having to drop Manquillo.

It's caused a great imbalance. Very frustrating.

So he could go and score 2 penalties...  :D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6422 
      Reply #196: Jan 01, 2015 03:55:07 pm
      ;D not again FL, as long as your arms are in a natural position then intent is the only thing that comes into question. When people run or turn their arms naturally come away from their bodies it's basic physics.

The first was a bad call, the second is slightly debatable but in my opinion also a bad call as the lads arms are not raised above his waist he was turning to block the ball and that made the space between body and arm.

No doubt the first was a bad call. My view on the second (and how I have coached my kids to play) is that you put your arms behind your back when you are defending in the box, especially expecting someone to shoot or cross and that way you don't give the ref the opportunity to make a bad call.

I'm not saying it's not debateable. I'm saying it's preventable by someone that uses their head when they are defending.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #197: Jan 01, 2015 03:55:29 pm
      Gerrards penalties are gorgeous
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #198: Jan 01, 2015 03:55:32 pm
      Obviously well chuffed with the scoreline, flatters us a bit, but not complaining.

As for the calls, we were very lucky, but at least have the merit of having stretched them at the back and were creating opportunities.

Thought we looked good in the finl third when we were running at them, always dangerous.

On the downside, thought we were horribly slow building fom the back. I get that when we're in the lead we don't have to rush, but at times we looked to be passing sideways for the sake of it, and were nearly getting caught out.

Overall, not too bad a display, and will gladly take another two penos in the second half, cheers ref.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,940 posts | 285 
      Reply #199: Jan 01, 2015 03:55:55 pm
      What a crap performance. Very lucky to be 2 up. I think both pens we're soft - I would have been screaming if on the receiving end.
      First one I thought had hit his arm in real time so just a ref error, for the second there was no way he was getting his hand out the way when hit at him from 2 yards..

Sakho and Cou have both been immense. Lallana should have taken his chance first time, and the Hendo effort at the end of the half was unlucky, but they are the only good things we've done all game.

Gerrard and Lucas in the middle of the park, limits us in my op.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,494 posts | 2868 
      Reply #200: Jan 01, 2015 03:56:13 pm
      Oh and let's take a minute to laugh at Everton.  ;D
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #201: Jan 01, 2015 03:57:02 pm
      Oh and let's take a minute to laugh at Everton.  ;D

I ain't laughing at anyone until that final whistle
      LFCexiled
      Reply #202: Jan 01, 2015 03:57:20 pm
      Performance wise that was pretty shocking

I must be in a good mood.

Leicester (along with Burnley) actually play decent footy and I hope they stay up, not likely like but there ya go.

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #203: Jan 01, 2015 03:58:13 pm
      I have arrived here now what happened exactly?
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #204: Jan 01, 2015 03:58:26 pm
      I think Moreno and Sakho have a pretty decent connection going at LWB and LCB. I really hope that's the left side of defense we see from here on out.

Also, I think Can is doing pretty well considering he isn't a natural CB. The kid can ball, no doubt about it.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #205: Jan 01, 2015 03:59:13 pm
      I have arrived here now what happened exactly?

Two pen's mate one deffo not and one deffo (for me) a pen.

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,545 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #206: Jan 01, 2015 04:00:31 pm
      A really good spirited performance, they've been at it all half and haven't given an inch. Some encouraging individual performances and very unlucky not to have come out of that half with more to show for the efforts.

We on the other hand have not been good

Quick Reply