Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Thank you & farewell Steven Gerrard

Read 60281 times
      thanks2shanks
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 291 posts | 29 
      Re: Thank you & farewell Steven Gerrard
      Reply #460: May 16, 2015 08:44:07 pm
      What makes it so hard to see him go is the fact he was with us so long - and always doing dramatic, thrilling things to push us towards the places we need to be. A truly inspirational figure whose impact has been immense.

Thanks a zillion for all you've done to make us proud and happy, Stevie G. Don't stay away too long, mind...
      Keldo
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 71 posts |
      Reply #461: May 16, 2015 08:52:02 pm
      Said it before....Say it again....

Defo the best lfc player to grace anfield

A true legend

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #462: May 16, 2015 08:54:18 pm
      Said it before....Say it again....

Defo the best lfc player to grace anfield

A true legend

Having seen the very very best I should be able to give you a good arguement but in all honesty this lad is actually head and shoulders above the very best we have ever seen.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #463: May 16, 2015 09:13:41 pm
      Thank you Stevie. Best of luck in LA and hopefully you'll be back at the club soon in some capacity.

It's been a pleasure watching you, the effort and passion you've shown over the years have been an inspiration to us all.

The day I had the chance of watching you lift a trophy for LFC at Wembley has just gained even more significance, knowing now that it was your last trophy as LFC's captain.

YNWA
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #464: May 16, 2015 10:19:38 pm
      Professional sport is polluted nowadays with greed and hypocrisy. I truly believe Gerrard is and was one of the very few examples that put the love for his team above business for he had plenty of opportunities to make it richer and more successful with other teams. Instead he chose rather to lose with Liverpool than to win with Real, Chelsea or Barca. That player and his legacy is more valueable (to me) than No. 19 or No. 6.
      « Last Edit: May 16, 2015 10:43:13 pm by Pippen »
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #465: May 16, 2015 10:29:41 pm
      We may be divided over many opinions, but one we all share is that man Gerrard is irreplaceable. One of a kind! Going to be utterly missed. Still can't believe the time has finally come...
      bobobobo
      • Forum Ian St John

• 439 posts | 20 
      Reply #466: May 16, 2015 11:08:59 pm
      My growing up has coincided with watching SG's finest hours, I've grown from a boy to a man watching him, what a role model. The best! Good luck Stevie - come back soon and get your premier league medal as player-manager!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #467: May 16, 2015 11:57:43 pm
      He'll be back on loan.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #468: May 17, 2015 12:02:06 am

No he won't, not if his comments on MOTD are anything to go by and he's right!
      KobeWorst
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 458 posts | 12 
      Reply #469: May 17, 2015 12:02:52 am

MOTD interview hints at a 'Gerrard returns on loan as savior' come Dec 2015. All depends on wether he gets the buzz he craves at L.A.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #470: May 17, 2015 01:24:42 am
      Living Legend.

Hasn't hit me yet. Don't think it will. Just a bit numb.

Steven Gerrard

No. 8

They should retire that number.

Nobody will live up to the expectations of wearing that numbered jersey. It wouldn't even be a fair fight.
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #471: May 17, 2015 01:46:35 am
      Gerrard was old school. He never doubted Liverpool belong at the very top and tried to carry on the winning mentality from the glory days. The future needs new winners to inspire the team, but I don't see any in our squad.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #472: May 17, 2015 01:47:41 am
      Having seen the very very best I should be able to give you a good arguement but in all honesty this lad is actually head and shoulders above the very best we have ever seen.

Very drunk so excuse the off toppic chat but enjoy the off season mate have a good summer .
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #473: May 17, 2015 08:47:02 am
      That was a truly a great send off.  Knew it was going to be hard but man it was worse than that.

Torres, Suarez alonso and co.... epitome of puppy love... This fella hold's a place in my heart forever.

Have an 11 month old boy (who subconsciously adopted Liverpool as his future club) middle names stevie G and every jersey I ever buy him will have Gerrard 8 on back regardless of future puppy loves.

Love you Steven.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,326 posts | 773 
      Reply #474: May 17, 2015 09:02:17 am
      Truly great player & servant to the club, Feel our number 8 will never be replaced, in this modern era. Very few players put the club first before their own ambitions. Well done Stevie.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #475: May 17, 2015 09:09:32 am
      Emotional day yesterday and only really hit home on the journey home from the game.

He leaves a massive void at this club and with the state of things on and off the pitch it just doesn't seem right at this moment.

Never thought anyone would replace Kenny as our greatest player but have to admit, Stevie has.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #476: May 17, 2015 10:56:43 am
      We WILL miss you Stevie. YNWA
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #477: May 17, 2015 12:00:37 pm
      End of an era, good luck Stevie in your new venture, you have given me some of the most thrilling moments i've ever witnessed in football.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,057 posts | 546 
      Reply #478: May 17, 2015 12:38:58 pm
      Seems about 2 weeks ago that my mum and dad asked me if I'd seen that new young fella coming through at Liverpool - "Gerrard, looks like he's going to be some player".

Amazing that it was 17 years ago.

Well for once my mum n dad were spot on about football.

Some player.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,973 posts | 5032 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #479: May 17, 2015 01:03:17 pm
      Said it yesterday, Stevie G will be spoke about in years to come by fathers and grandfathers alike, there  exists some very famous legends of the game form different parts of the world including Pele, Beckenbaur, Zidane, and many more too many to mention, who are spoke of today by our elders, it is my belief that Stevie sits very comfortable amongst those famous names,

Admittedly I shed a tear or two yesterday both in joy and sadness, like others have already mentioned we won't know how much we will miss him until next season, that's the sad part, but what a absolute privilege it was to witness the G man both live and on TV down the years, LFC have been blessed with many world class individuals over many decades but none stand above Steven Gerrard,

It fills me with pride when I think of the goals he has scored, the goals he created and of the many many times he single handedly dragged us over the line, he has been our captain fantastic, a man who will never be replaced, he is a great leader, a brilliant role model, the ultimate professional, he's achieved all this yet he has kept his feet firmly grounded, thank you Stevie, for all those unforgettable memories that will last a lifetime, your career with LFC are now part of the folklore and history of our famous institution,

Steven Gerrard, "The best there is, the best there was, the best there will ever be".

YNWA
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #480: May 17, 2015 01:08:38 pm
      Missed a day at football yesterday as I was at the bikes all day and it over run so only caught the highlights and it seemed like the supporters gave him a proper send off.

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #481: May 17, 2015 04:20:39 pm
      It's such a weird feeling knowing that in August when the new season starts Steven Gerrard will not be a part of it. I just can't wrap my mind around that because Stevie IS Liverpool FC in a lot of ways. Sometimes in life, it's nice to start fresh and on a blank page, but it certainly does feel like there's a big hole in the club.

Since I watch MLS every week, it's not really goodbye for me. I'm still gonna get to watch Gerrard playing every week for the next two years at least, albeit him wearing a white and blue kit.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #482: May 17, 2015 09:13:53 pm
      Said it yesterday, Stevie G will be spoke about in years to come by fathers and grandfathers alike, there  exists some very famous legends of the game form different parts of the world including Pele, Beckenbaur, Zidane, and many more too many to mention, who are spoke of today by our elders, it is my belief that Stevie sits very comfortable amongst those famous names,

Admittedly I shed a tear or two yesterday both in joy and sadness, like others have already mentioned we won't know how much we will miss him until next season, that's the sad part, but what a absolute privilege it was to witness the G man both live and on TV down the years, LFC have been blessed with many world class individuals over many decades but none stand above Steven Gerrard,

It fills me with pride when I think of the goals he has scored, the goals he created and of the many many times he single handedly dragged us over the line, he has been our captain fantastic, a man who will never be replaced, he is a great leader, a brilliant role model, the ultimate professional, he's achieved all this yet he has kept his feet firmly grounded, thank you Stevie, for all those unforgettable memories that will last a lifetime, your career with LFC are now part of the folklore and history of our famous institution,

Steven Gerrard, "The best there is, the best there was, the best there will ever be".

YNWA

Totally agree with you there Billy , well said.

The sad thing is that we don't have the next Steven Gerrard(or Jamie Carragher for that matter) coming in to the first team as the older ones retire..
      Home grown talent from the junior leagues in and around the city of Liverpool is a plenty let me tell you , i've seen it for myself !.. any position you want Brendan... I really don't understand it..
      I can remember an old interview with Sir Bob about how each year we would have to plough the field and re plant the seeds for the next season to keep everything fresh and players on their toes..

Steven has been a loyal servant to the club from the day he signed and as he said himself has been privileged to have played with and against the best players in the world and lets not forget, captained his country too..

His crowning moment for me was in Istanbul where i'm convinced that it was not only Rafa's but captain Steven Gerrard's rallying call in that dressing room at half time that instilled the belief that we could go out there and whip those Milan asses and win the cup..

When he kissed the badge he meant it..

While your out in the states get your coaching badges and get your ass back here and sort our youth policy out..

YNWA
      « Last Edit: May 17, 2015 10:07:24 pm by 6stringer »

Quick Reply