Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Thank you & farewell Steven Gerrard

Read 59538 times
      kassahun biset
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Re: Thank you & farewell Steven Gerrard
      Reply #506: May 21, 2015 04:49:02 pm
      well well well
      for me Steven Gerrard is the legend for Liverpool as player as supporter and he is the legend for every body who love and see football
      all over the world
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #507: May 21, 2015 07:04:34 pm
      Great Vid that Chris-LFC98 , you've done a great editing job there mate..

It's only when you see the quality and the power in his goals that you wonder whether we'll ever see anything like that again from a Liverpool player..

A very tough pair of boots to fill.....
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #508: May 21, 2015 07:09:29 pm
      what sort of a club will we be without Stevie. Between 2003 and 2011 he was a force of nature and whilst he was playing we always had a chance.Now we cant even keep a sniffling little runt at the club.We had legends leave before but this time we have nobody left who can fill the void.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #509: May 22, 2015 02:03:43 am
      what sort of a club will we be without Stevie. Between 2003 and 2011 he was a force of nature and whilst he was playing we always had a chance.Now we cant even keep a sniffling little runt at the club.We had legends leave before but this time we have nobody left who can fill the void.

I wish wish wish other fans would emphasise the importance of the Academy. In today's headline grabbing, multi million pound transfer world, it's easy to forget the importance of the Academy in producing the backbone of a successful team. Producing local heroes gives the fans that connection as the local scouse lads died in the wool passionate instincts provides empathy between fans and players which is far and few between in today's football.

If Gerrard left and there was a vast swathe of local lads coming through, I wouldn't feel so bad as I know we would feel safe with a new bunch of local blood, but because he's leaving, it feels like a rudderless ship and a club lacking identity primarily because of the lack of homegrown players.

With Flanno injured and Rickie probably leaving, next season will surely be the first year in Liverpool's history that there is no Scouse lad in the side.

That is a terrifying prospect, and for the sake of the club's future direction and the backbone and passion that local blood gives us, we really really need to be doing all we can in getting our youth up to the highest quality standards with the right coaching and right methods.

I'm encouraged by some of the coaching ideals and experience of our youth coaches, but a good start would be to stop buying utter sh*te like Manquillo, Luis Alberto and so on and give the kids a chance.
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #510: May 24, 2015 08:22:42 pm
      Greatest scouser ever well apart from Lennon & Macca.....
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #511: May 24, 2015 08:43:24 pm
      Fair thee well Stevie. Enjoy your paydays in the sun :)
      Not the ideal way to wrap up after so many years, but you can leave with your head up.
      Unlike some of the other fuckwits who'll be out on their ear in the summer hopefully.
      Will be interesting to see our first XI on day1 of next season, long summer ahead.
      Gonna miss seeing you in the red shirt ! Take care.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #512: May 24, 2015 10:37:11 pm
      Nice that he scored in his last game. Was happy for him that he did.

I turned off the TV as soon as he walked through the tunnel.

Did we atleast give the Man a carry off on some lads shoulders through a guard of honour?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #513: May 24, 2015 10:47:14 pm
      Greatest scouser ever well apart from Lennon & Macca.....

what about Cilla?
      He has done so much for this city and his work and support of Alder Hey childrens Hospital is just outstanding and a reflection of his stature as a decent human being.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #514: May 24, 2015 11:10:06 pm
      Fairwell and thank you Mr Steven Gerrard what a footballer what a star right up thier with Rush Dalglish Souness Keegan Emlyn Hansen Callaghen Fairclough Kennedy Neal Fowler Paisley Shanks F***ing Legend .
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #515: May 24, 2015 11:48:43 pm
      Goodbye for now Steven, come back soon :)
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,351 posts | 1630 
      Reply #516: May 25, 2015 12:35:58 am
      To the very end he strides through midfield and slots one home and yet there are still some on here who questioned his place in the team this season there is no one with the panache skill or drive left even when we getting twatted to score that goal today now thats what a midfielder should do .
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #517: May 25, 2015 01:03:26 am
      To the very end he strides through midfield and slots one home and yet there are still some on here who questioned his place in the team this season there is no one with the panache skill or drive left even when we getting twatted to score that goal today now thats what a midfielder should do .

I question it and stand by it.

Just because he scores a goal in a game that has long since been lost doesn't mean he should start week in week out.

He has been used wrongly and selected to the detriment of the team.

TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #518: May 25, 2015 08:08:08 am
      Imo the main problem of Gerrard this season was not his age but his morale. I don't think he suddenly lost his legs, but since the slip he hasn't been the same player, and being said he was going to become a spare player only finished to destroy his confidence. Also add to that having no mobile player upfront able to click with him for most of the season.

I expect him to make LFC regret to have got rid so fast, and wouldn't be surprised if we end doing a Henry loaning him back for a month or two next year.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #519: May 25, 2015 09:00:00 am
      Imo the main problem of Gerrard this season was not his age but his morale. I don't think he suddenly lost his legs, but since the slip he hasn't been the same player, and being said he was going to become a spare player only finished to destroy his confidence. Also add to that having no mobile player upfront able to click with him for most of the season.

I expect him to make LFC regret to have got rid so fast, and wouldn't be surprised if we end doing a Henry loaning him back for a month or two next year.

you are so right mate he has looked a shadow of his former self and it is for me the realisation that this was going to be a terrible season.
      Great players need other great players around them to get the best out of them.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #520: May 25, 2015 09:06:15 am
      you are so right mate he has looked a shadow of his former self and it is for me the realisation that this was going to be a terrible season.
      Great players need other great players around them to get the best out of them.

Mind you John playing with that shower of sh*te masquerading as footballers would take its toll on any good player. As much as Stevie loves the club I bet he is glad to get away from it at the moment.
      « Last Edit: May 25, 2015 09:23:24 am by Billy1 »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #521: May 25, 2015 09:10:42 am
      Mind you John playing with that shower of sh*te masquerading as footballers would take ifs toll on any good player. As much as Stevie loves the club I bet he is glad to get away from it at the moment.

I think he will feel relieved at this season being over.Just seen Thomo saying that having seen the squad on stage at the Awards he worries about Liverpool for next season we have no quality and no personalities.Shocking for Stevie to have to endure this.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,351 posts | 1630 
      Reply #522: May 25, 2015 09:13:07 am
      I question it and stand by it.

Just because he scores a goal in a game that has long since been lost doesn't mean he should start week in week out.

He has been used wrongly and selected to the detriment of the team.

So because the game was lost he should have just layed down is that it ? Have no problem with anyone questioning his involvement  but did we really have anyone better this year , and like you I think he was mis handled throughout the season  , he proved yesterday he could still breakthrough and score why oh why didnt we try him further up during the season we wasnt exactly smashing the goals in , at least he knew where the onion bag was .
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #523: May 25, 2015 09:25:49 am

... and ends up the top scorer for the season.

The end of an era .
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #524: May 25, 2015 12:20:19 pm
      Chelsea carried off one of their heroes who couldn't lace Stevie's boots.

Our lads brushed Stevie away without a second thought.

F***ing superb lads. Be proud.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #525: May 25, 2015 12:50:37 pm

it sort of reflects the fact this isnt a "team" but a collection of individuals.  We have absolutely no leaders left in this squad
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #526: May 25, 2015 12:52:19 pm

They had an opportunity to at least redeem the shambles of his last appearance at Anfield.

Instead they let him finish in the worst manner possible, they should hang their heads in shame, can't believe his career with us ended in such a fashion.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #527: May 25, 2015 12:59:11 pm
      what a career what a man what a loss
      « Last Edit: May 25, 2015 01:18:26 pm by waltonl4, Reason: add photo »
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #528: May 25, 2015 03:13:31 pm
      When I first started following Liverpool closely, Stevie was a young man around my age whom had just got the captain's armband.

Could have left the club on a couple of occassions but did not let the money or the success of trophies turn his head, and instead, remained with his boyhood club - something which is very rare now, especially when the team he is playing for weren't always winning.

Stuck through the think and thin, the ups and downs with the hope to drag the club back from the dead. Has brought so many memories to us.

Never got the privilege of watching King Kenny play but Stevie is currently my favourite Liverpool player of all time and the best to me, to have don the red of Liverpool.

Though my head tells me it was better for him and Liverpool to move on but my heart keeps telling me that deep down, I will always miss him around Anfield. Look forward to seeing him return in any capacity in future.

Steven Gerrard - A local lad. A fan. A supporter. A captain. A leader. A legend. An inspiration. One of a kind.

Quick Reply