Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Liverpool 2-2 Leicester. In game & Post match misery

Read 44398 times
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Re: Liverpool 2-2 Leicester. In game & Post match misery
      Reply #575: Jan 02, 2015 01:30:09 pm
      Losing a two goal lead at Anfield is a bad day at office period.Losing it so tamely to the bottom club is utterly infuriating.Regardless of whom BR picked - this one is on the players

The players comment is something I agree on, a lot of them look jaded, lethargic and disinterested. Even the celebrations didn't have the same vigour. Ok, Leicester had an extra day to recover, but so what? We made them look competitive when they're a bottom of the league club. Very frustrating.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #576: Jan 02, 2015 03:48:38 pm
      Quote from DutchLiverpoolFan
      No passion, no desire, no working. Absolute nothing.

Gerrard was bad. BR should use him like Lampard. The last 15 minutes in a CAM role.

In short, we weren't good enough. I think we've 40% of the right players to become a regular top 4 side. But will this happen under Rodgers? No, I think he isn't good enough.

Maybe I was watching a different game, but we looked comfortable until 2-1. If we scored a few seconds into the second half, it would have been a comfortable win. But we didn't, and the last half hour ended up as a bit of a shambles, hoping rather than expecting to win.

Gerrard is played because the man has pulled games out of the bin for us this and many other seasons. In this one he got us a point. Next year, those who want him out will get their wish, and like with Suarez, only then will we miss his contribution like on the days when we needed it.
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #577: Jan 02, 2015 04:22:58 pm
      "Gerrard is played because the man has pulled games out of the bin for us this and many other seasons."

Please name one game this season where Gerrard "has pulled a game out of the bin for us".

It looks like Brendan might be as romantic as many are on this forum.

Unfortunately that is not how successful teams are built nowadays... We have to honour our legends but always make sure that the best possible team is picked to destroy the opponent day in and day out. I would argue that Brendan blindly selecting Gerrard has had more negative than positive effect to the team but also to Gerrard Legacy.

Gerrard should not be remembered (and will not be remembered) for this season anyways. So why play him when he is out of form...? It does not do anybody any good. What it is doing is costing us valuable points and the CL spot which will be a loss of $40M. Given that our opponents (Mancs) will likely take our spot this year it will mean a net $80M differential. And God knows we can use that money to further invest in our squad.

I find this whole thing very frustrating because I believe that we have the squad this year to finish top 4!
      Flying Squirrel 39
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts | 23 
      Reply #578: Jan 02, 2015 09:00:17 pm
      Not our best game but we had it,at least for most of the game.Those who talk about Leicester being in a low position are deluded about what league we are in.Are they not supposed to be able to play good?Are they not supposed to fight back?This is the most competitive league in the world,I have seen wonder games from top 4 and bottom 4 teams for seasons.This one alone we have seen it recurrently,bottom teams tying or winning against the team that was supposed to win.That said,are we supposed to win against teams fighting for relegation? Hell yes.Is it easy?Hell no.We did not go out 100% but seeing those 2 goals again...those were class goals.You can´t blame every absolute thing that goes to the bottom of the net on the goalie or defense.Sometimes they are just great goals.I believe this was the case.The 3 points were a must but we just need to continue our unbeaten run and get better.Just remember,a cornered wolf will always fight like hell.Or a fox  ;)
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #579: Jan 05, 2015 12:13:12 pm
      Swansea was arguably our best performance of the season. Can't believe BR changed the team. I'm sick of seeing him swapping and changing players and formations.

It's an unwritten rule of football at all levels, you do not change a winning team.

2 points dropped here and a dent in our CL hopes. So frustrating because we would be just 5 points off Southampton now and up the arses of Spurs & Arsenal.

I hate comparing us to a club like Chelsea, but look at them this season. Everybody can name their starting 11 - Courtois, Ivanovic, Terry, Cahill, Azpilicueta, Matic, Fabregas, Hazard, Oscar, Willian, Costa. They play their strongest team week in, week out with a change here and there to assist with suspensions or injury. From day one of this season, Chelsea are the only side in the league who have played and looked like a team.

Brendan needs to find out his strongest 11 for Liverpool quickly and F***ing stick with it.

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #580: Jan 06, 2015 10:25:12 am
      Not sure if this has already been posted, apologies if it has. But this is a great read. From the guardian.

A Liverpool fan who came to the rescue of two Leicester City supporters after they were left stranded after a match has been inundated with praise and says with all the offers of free beer, he is unlikely to go thirsty all year.

The man came to the aid of the teenager and his 10-year-old nephew, who had missed the last train from Liverpool after being taken to the wrong station, and had nowhere to stay overnight, giving them money for a hotel and a taxi after reading of their plight on Reddit.

The sixth-form student resorted to posting on the internet discussion website the evening after seeing his team draw 2-2 with Liverpool on 2 January.

Using the name LCFCRyan, he explained that he had been charged more than £54 to go to a railway station near Liverpool airport instead of Lime Street station, and then, with no money left, had been forced to walk to the city centre with his nephew and now had nowhere else to go.

He posted on Reddit in the hope that someone could suggest an indoor public area where they could spend the night, writing: “I’m in a shitty situation right now, mainly because of myself, lime street station has just closed so we don’t know where else to go ... I was wondering if anybody knows any indoor public places we could wait until then? It’s freezing and I don’t want to be walking around with my 10-year-old nephew at night.”

Soon after, Reddit poster OfficePlum wrote: “Wait near the main entrance to Lime Street (the entrance facing the big TV screen) and I’ll give you the money for a hotel room and a taxi so you can get there safely. I’ll be there in about 15 minutes.”

A relieved LCFCRyan replied: “Wow, thank you so much. I really don’t know what else to say we are walking past the art gallery now and should be there soon ... Duck me, I was not expecting that.”

Wary of being scammed, the good samaritan went to the designated meeting spot with no money to check on the poster of the original message, before going to a cash machine. Having handed over the money, he wrote: “It was the least I could do for you both. Shitty taxi drivers like that give the city a bad name. Have a safe journey home.”

The next day, LCFCRyan thanked his saviour again: “I just want to tell you how thankful myself, my nephew and my family are. My sister who is also the mother of my nephew is driving up to Liverpool right now and I don’t think she’ll be letting me take him on another trip soon. In all seriousness I don’t know what we would have done if it wasn’t for you and I personally will never forget your generosity.”

In the days that followed, OfficePlum was bombarded with praise from other users, and took to the site again to further explain the story. “I did not expect this to blow up like it has done. I was just doing what I would hope someone would do if I or anyone else faced the same scenario those two lads were in,” he wrote. “Thanks to everyone who has sent messages to myself, with all the offers of free beer and drinks I don’t think I’ll be going hungry or thirsty any time soon.”

He explained that he had met the pair and decided “that nobody would have a kid stand in the freezing cold rain just for the sake of the price of a hotel room”.

He added: “I didn’t bring any cash with me just in case I was about to get robbed, so I told them that I was the guy from Reddit and that I was going to go to the cash machine to get them some money so they could stay in a hotel until someone picks them up ... gave them the cash, the addresses of some hotels, numbers of all the private hire firms in Liverpool and my mobile number just in case they needed any more help.”

The Reddit poster had created his only profile the day before, namely, it appears, to get advice about going to the match. “I managed to get some tickets for me and my nephew for our game tomorrow and I was wondering if anyone has been to Liverpool before?” he wrote. “Any tips or information would be appreciated. I’m super nervous taking my nephew to his first away game and I don’t want to end up messing something up.”

After being helped by the Liverpool supporter, LCFCRyan told the online community that his sister had pledged twice the cost of the hotel to a local homeless charity and his parents had made a donation to Hillsborough campaigners.

As for OfficePlum, he has been offered dinner and drinks in places as far afield as Canada, Toronto, Sydney, China and New York as well as the dubious pleasure of being taken to a Leicester City game.

“I’m just happy they’re home safe and well,” he said. “They’ve invited me down to stay a weekend and watch a game sometime soon, so I’m looking forward to that.”
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #581: Jan 06, 2015 09:21:35 pm
      Swansea was arguably our best performance of the season.

3-0 win vs Spurs was better.

Quick Reply