Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Arsenal - Any watch them?

Read 3643 times
      White
      • Forum Markus Babbel
      • Started Topic

• 73 posts | -1 
      Arsenal - Any watch them?
      Oct 23, 2007 09:51:50 pm
      They were sheer class. You have got to put in account the opposition were very poor but still I loved it. Great games, wonderful football, the highest level. Fabregas is genius and Hleb was class aswell. The whole team were great. But Fabregas is on a new level.

:f_steam: Praised Arsenal too much for this month.
      « Last Edit: Oct 24, 2007 12:02:30 pm by White »
      Sarah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 484 posts | 16 
      Re: Arsenal - Any watch them?
      Reply #1: Oct 23, 2007 11:08:13 pm
      Are u liverpool or Arsenal fan  ??? :P
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #2: Oct 24, 2007 12:25:07 am

I think you can respect a good team when you see it. Arsenal are a club you can't really hate, they're not like Chelski, the Mancs, or the bluescum. I respect what Wenger's done with the youth program and wouldn't begrudge them victories, except if it was at the expense of us of course.

They play very good football and it's nice to watch their matches when they're on form. Can't really say a bad word against them, although I swear if any of my arsenal fan mates go on about the cup defeats last year they'll get a jab to the face... :)
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #3: Oct 24, 2007 09:04:27 am
      they remind me of our 88-90 team a bit they can pass teams of the park. They've come along way since the "1 nil to the arasenal" days
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #4: Oct 24, 2007 10:27:04 am
      I've gotta hand it to them, they are some team & what a performance last night.

Fingers crossed they've got their good performances out of the way now & they'll play sh*te against us ;)
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #5: Oct 24, 2007 10:40:45 am
      Fingers crossed they've got their good performances out of the way now & they'll play sh*te against us ;)

If only I bet they'll be well up for us now and I gotta admit im shitting it now based on their current form to ours, then again they do seem to be favouring Almunia alot and if we can somehow break through the back four we might get lucky.  Hopefully Torres will be passed fit too now that he has been rested for another week.

It would be interesting to hear what a Gunners fan's view is on this upcoming fixture though :)
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #6: Oct 24, 2007 10:56:23 am
      It would be interesting to hear what a Gunners fan's view is on this upcoming fixture though :)

I haven't asked any, but TBH I can't see them worrying about anyone the form they're in at the moment.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #7: Oct 24, 2007 11:03:50 am
      I haven't asked any, but TBH I can't see them worrying about anyone the form they're in at the moment.

Your right they look really good, my mom is a Gunners fan maybe I'll ask her.
      U-Borat
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 398 posts | -38 
      Reply #8: Oct 24, 2007 11:37:39 am
      I think this will be our true test- A win...or a very solid looking draw will bode great things to our Premiership aspirations.
      White
      • Forum Markus Babbel
      • Started Topic

• 73 posts | -1 
      Reply #9: Oct 24, 2007 12:10:24 pm
      I am a football fan aswell as a Liverpool fan. I ejoy watching the game. And Arsenal played it perfectly.
      Fabregas is just unbelievable.

Anyway we need Torres fit for this game. I love KUyt but i don't think he will be good enough to get past Toure or Gallas. But Torres nd Kuyt would do. I seriously would not mind Crouch for this game.
      Also on the wings we need pace because Sagna?Eboue and Clichy are QUICK. If we dare put Riise onthe left I will just give up. We need a force from midfield. I do think Stevie and Xabi can defo compete against Cesc and Flamini. I wouldn't mind Mascherano but i think Alonso can do the job also offer s more going forward. We need to match them in creativity aswell. Obviously the normal back four. But i would like Arbeloa on the left if he is fet or Arelio if he is fit. Both are very good at link up and can cross. And can defend.I don't want Riis eplaying. Heb will will rape him. I am delighted RVP is out. But i think Agger is needed both Ade and Walcott if they play are wuick. Carra is obviously needed.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #10: Oct 24, 2007 03:23:12 pm
      They are looking good time to bring them back down with a bump on sunday.
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #11: Oct 24, 2007 04:11:33 pm

My brother's an arrogant arsenal  fan and he's highly confident that they're gonna hammer us. Yes they're playing good football, but they're not untouchable,just look at how they've played : the likes of prague ,derby and such and the next level of teams : bolton who they struggled to break down for 70 mins and blackburn the game they drew and should have lost, they haven't been tested yet. With all due respect we're in a completly different league to them.

Look at their recent league history at Anfield (4-1,1-0,2-1) and theirs no reason we can't take them down a peg or two.Compare the two teams from last season the lost henry ( their scare factor) and we got torres( our scare factor) so we can definately do it.

We'll just put mascherano on fabregas and that will stop them,he's the heartbeat of the team,and with van persie injured they have only adebayor and eduardo/walcott up front -- nothing we haven't seen before--.I'll gonna go for a 2-0 win for the  Redmen.  YNWA

Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #12: Oct 24, 2007 04:16:18 pm
      I'm gutted I didn't go to watch the game to be honest! Arsenal can play excellent in games and they are just brilliant to watch. Looking forward to all the goals tomorrow on SSN, as I'm out tonight for our game!
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #13: Oct 24, 2007 04:21:04 pm
      I think their'll be a few more season tickets for the emirates wanted. FFS pack it in they won nothing for the last two seasons and they'll win nothing again this year,despite how "brilliant" their playing  at the moment.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #14: Oct 24, 2007 05:04:38 pm
      I think their'll be a few more season tickets for the emirates wanted. FFS pack it in they won nothing for the last two seasons and they'll win nothing again this year,despite how "brilliant" their playing  at the moment.

We're not talking about the last two seasons, we're talking about how they are playing at the moment and put the teams they've played so far aside... they're playing brilliant football that is brillaint to watch.

It's not that we don't believe in our own teams ability, we all just admire great football. We aren't really playing brilliant football as of yet, although I think it'll come soon enough. I'm still quite confident we can come out of our game with 3 points though.
      « Last Edit: Oct 24, 2007 05:07:07 pm by paulrobbo »
      scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #15: Oct 25, 2007 10:45:54 am
      I've said for years that Arsenal play the most attractive brand of football....It's classy, exciting, full of flare...and never boring to watch....They look dangerous on the attack, and punish sides for errors...i think we should take a leaf out of their book.... 'TAKE NO PRISONERS!!!!!'
      curse
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 117 posts | -1 
      • Torres = GOALS!!
      Reply #16: Oct 25, 2007 04:21:53 pm
      The beautiful game needs a beautiful team and they've found it in Arsenal pity lfc can't play like tht someone compared our playing style to sh*t on a stick

Quick Reply