Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

What are they doing at Melwood?

Read 6737 times
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Re: What are they doing at Melwood?
      Reply #23: Jan 07, 2015 01:03:13 pm
      Could it be that the players are on mediocre wages but are highly incentivised in bonuses that is resulting in low morale and motivation at the training ground?

Could the coaching staff be inadequately compensated which results in a lack of motivation at work?

Results and performances don't lie. If you had trained hard and in the right way, you would yield results. If a kid studied the right way, he or she would do well in exams. I'm beginning to think that they are not motivated to work hard at Melwood. Garbage in, garbage out.

Could be due to compensation.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6355 
      Reply #24: Jan 07, 2015 01:10:56 pm
      Could it be that the players are on mediocre wages but are highly incentivised in bonuses that is resulting in low morale and motivation at the training ground?

Could the coaching staff be inadequately compensated which results in a lack of motivation at work?

Results and performances don't lie. If you had trained hard and in the right way, you would yield results. If a kid studied the right way, he or she would do well in exams. I'm beginning to think that they are not motivated to work hard at Melwood. Garbage in, garbage out.

So the players didn't agree to the contracts that they are on? They aren't indentured servants.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #25: Jan 07, 2015 01:26:53 pm

It's more likely that we have had a big influx of new, young players who are taking time to bed in and get to grips with how BR wants the team to play.
      We saw it in his (BR's) first season, we're seeing it again now.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #26: Jan 07, 2015 01:50:52 pm
      It's more likely that we have had a big influx of new, young players who are taking time to bed in and get to grips with how BR wants the team to play.
      We saw it in his (BR's) first season, we're seeing it again now.

That's the one. As simple as nearly half a squad of new players getting used to a new squad, new home in a new city, a new team ethic and a new style of play.

As usual though the thread descends into finger pointing.

How dare they have fun in training? They should be punished severely, minimum made to play murderball or stretched on a rack till they can head a ball properly.

Have patience, we will 100% get back to poetry in motion. If it ain't happening fast enough then maybe sit on your hands until it does.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #27: Jan 07, 2015 02:07:34 pm
      That's the one. As simple as nearly half a squad of new players getting used to a new squad, new home in a new city, a new team ethic and a new style of play.

As usual though the thread descends into finger pointing.

How dare they have fun in training? They should be punished severely, minimum made to play murderball or stretched on a rack till they can head a ball properly.

Have patience, we will 100% get back to poetry in motion. If it ain't happening fast enough then maybe sit on your hands until it does.

Wouldn't the wheelchairs F**k up the playing surface?

ahhh, now I see why BR was complaining about the pitch.
      Well, it's his own fault if he's got the players playing murderball
      ;)
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #28: Jan 07, 2015 03:16:12 pm
      I may sound blunt and will enrage a few here, pardon me, I've been asking the same question since the beginning of the season. I stick to my opinion we  have a squad not any better or worst than utd but the our coaches are sh*t. We have near perfect short 3 to 5 yards passes, and I'm sure they spend hell lot of time practicing that but movement of players around and into the boxes are nothing but miserable, not to mention the quality of shooting. It takes a top coach to be able to identify those moves and different combos among players, sadly I'm not sure whether BR and the coaches have those qualities. When we play the way during match day as if the players don't know each other and just got off the coach only tells us one thing, the method and quality of training is sh*t and is certainly not world class and not done by world class coaches.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #29: Jan 07, 2015 03:27:13 pm
      I may sound blunt and will enrage a few here, pardon me, I've been asking the same question since the beginning of the season. I stick to my opinion we  have a squad not any better or worst than utd but the our coaches are sh*t. We have near perfect short 3 to 5 yards passes, and I'm sure they spend hell lot of time practicing that but movement of players around and into the boxes are nothing but miserable, not to mention the quality of shooting. It takes a top coach to be able to identify those moves and different combos among players, sadly I'm not sure whether BR and the coaches have those qualities. When we play the way during match day as if the players don't know each other and just got off the coach only tells us one thing, the method and quality of training is sh*t and is certainly not world class and not done by world class coaches.

I think the crux of the matter is more to do with signing the wrong players to match the system being coached every day. We didn't have any problem with movement and combos last season the difference now is with Danny out and Luis gone we are missing players key to making the style of football being coached successful. I speak from an offensive coaching perspective. Our defensive coaching is clearly not working and never has.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #30: Jan 07, 2015 03:35:26 pm
      Wouldn't the wheelchairs F**k up the playing surface?

When we played it school you sometimes ended up in a wheelchair but that was a while before it was a paralympic pursuit.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #31: Jan 07, 2015 03:41:13 pm
      When we played it school you sometimes ended up in a wheelchair but that was a while before it was a paralympic pursuit.

ahh, right.
      We called it mat ball, because there was a mat at either end of the gym, and the object was to get the ball on the mat.
      No other rules.
      There used to be a lot of lads lying down. I assume they were having a rest rather than recovering from the smack someone had just given them.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #32: Jan 07, 2015 03:46:03 pm
      Yes, it makes sense to say the wrong players for the wrong system and coaching while the manager and transfer committee to be blamed and I'm not going to get into who's to be blamed more, it was debated at length already. Nevertheless, I'd believe a top class coach would be able to make mismatch signings as effective as possible, making best use of their strengths. Take for instance, when we have a Lambert on the pitch we need a Manquillo to provide the crosses, not Hendo on the wings. When Balo is on the pitch we need a Lallana to play alongside him, not as a lone striker. Trying him out as a lone striker after 2 games a top class coach would be able to see that it's ineffective and need to switch tactics.

Even during during his Man City time Balo was never a lone striker, he has an Aguerro or Dzeko beside him, doesn't our coaches study his past games?

There're so many combos that we can work on, but our tactics is so one dimensional. Could it be the quality or the lack of experience in our coaches? Or that they're mid-table quality coaches?

Many here have said before Suarez has actually make us look and played so good. I refused to believe, but looking at what happened so far this season, I gotto agreed I was wrong. Having Suarez on the pitch, the opposition defence simply can't read our game, don't know which direction Suarez is going to attack them. it could be from the left, right, centre or coming through nowhere. We were simply unpredictable as Suarez was given the freedom to roam. I'd simply put it as Suarez coached the team to play in an unpredictable and highly effective manner and I'd go to the extend to say he coached the team instead of the coaches coached him.

adelaide red
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      fast fwd 5 years
      Reply #33: Jan 08, 2015 03:57:59 pm
      I've been following the reds for 30 yrs and as an ultra runner have many hours out running and at some point in every run my thoughs turn to football,i then find myself feeling low angry depressed because of the way were playing this year so  not the mindset you want training 20 mile.

To counter that I think of the way the u18/19 team play and and if only the first team could play with the same style and organisation with two proper holding mids in pedro and Jordon and the pace and skill out wide with kent and Wilson.

Ojo and Jerome the same pace n skill and for me canos is the best of them all.

I know not many come through and make it but imagine if this team could produce what they r now in the premier league in 5 years time. Add sturridge sterling lazor and ibe  what a team that could b to watch every week. That thought gets me through the 3hr run
      « Last Edit: Jan 08, 2015 04:41:21 pm by JD »
      ruthcity
      • Started Topic

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #34: Jan 13, 2015 09:32:08 am
      What if players or staff in our squad get distracted? Wouldn't it affect their training and overall performance? People working in football business are after all very human and well paid. Below is an example that these people are just not perfect. And it happens... They drag their feet to training and can't wait to get back to the thing they are distracted about.

They are less likely to be your expensive world class players.

After a few high profile mistakes which saw David James earn the nickname of Calamity James, the Liverpool goalkeeper had a silly excuse for his bad form. He said he was addicted to playing on his PlayStation and consequently was not getting enough sleep. This is the kind of reason a 12 year-old would not do their homework, and not expected of a professional and International footballer.

http://live4liverpool.com/ten-of-the-most-ridiculous-excuses-in-world-football/attachment/david-james2

Quick Reply