Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Gonzalo Higuain (Napoli)

Read 40784 times
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: Gonzalo Higuain
      Reply #23: Jan 13, 2015 08:26:51 am
      Hahahahahahahahaha

That's what I thought when I saw this one
      You're not alone Scott. If Higuain is the answer then what was the question: who, in Italy, is an even worse fit than Mario?  :-\
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #24: Jan 13, 2015 07:36:31 pm
      You're not alone Scott. If Higuain is the answer then what was the question: who, in Italy, is an even worse fit than Mario?  :-\

Hey dude, not sure we're on the same page! I'm laughing because someone genuinely thinks we might splash 30 odd million on a player in this window. I haven't really seen enough of the lad to have a full opinion, looks decent enough from the bits I have seen mind.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,418 posts | 3413 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #25: Jan 13, 2015 08:57:00 pm
      What's
      He would be a Soldado.

No thanks.

what do you base that on ?
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #26: Jan 14, 2015 06:46:34 am
      Hey dude, not sure we're on the same page! I'm laughing because someone genuinely thinks we might splash 30 odd million on a player in this window. I haven't really seen enough of the lad to have a full opinion, looks decent enough from the bits I have seen mind.
      Gotcha...  ;D

To be honest the 'price' never entered my mind Scott - he'd either be good enough or not (irrespective of cost) and I don't believe he is.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #27: Jan 14, 2015 06:51:17 am
      Mehhhhh. I guess i would be hopeful he could be a big hit with us but I wouldn't bend over to sign him.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #28: Jan 14, 2015 07:00:16 am
      Higuain is even slower than Lambert.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #29: Jan 14, 2015 07:24:11 am

He really, really isn't. It's nearly impossible to be slower than Lambert.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #30: Jan 14, 2015 09:06:06 am

You're actually comparing Higuian to Rickie Lambert? :roll:
      LFCBosnia
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 353 posts | 12 
      Reply #31: Jan 14, 2015 09:24:48 am
      He's nowhere near 30 milllion pounds as suggested. For that kind of money We can get Lacazette...
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #32: Jan 14, 2015 09:26:27 am
      He's nowhere near 30 milllion pounds as suggested. For that kind of money We can get Lacazette...

Proven goal scorer at the highest level with a 1 in 2 game goal ratio entering his prime. I think £30 million is about right.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #33: Jan 14, 2015 02:48:36 pm
      Proven goal scorer at the highest level with a 1 in 2 game goal ratio entering his prime. I think £30 million is about right.

That and it is the January window.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #34: Jan 14, 2015 04:14:55 pm
      Read this in the Express through a link a couple of days ago...

:lmao:

Rafa Benitez INSISTS Liverpool spend £30m on Gonzalo Higuain to consider Anfield return

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/551080/Liverpool-Brendan-Rodgers-Rafa-Benitez-Gonzalo-Higuain

I know I should not pay any attention to this sh*t rag :D
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #35: Jan 14, 2015 04:21:24 pm

Rafa Benitez INSISTS Liverpool spend £30m on Gonzalo Higuain to consider Anfield return

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/551080/Liverpool-Brendan-Rodgers-Rafa-Benitez-Gonzalo-Higuain

Cheers mate, I needed that  ;D Sometimes you need a good giggle
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #36: Jan 14, 2015 04:24:00 pm

Straight swap with Lovren.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #37: Jan 14, 2015 04:40:09 pm
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #38: Jan 15, 2015 04:26:54 am
      Higuain is pure class, can't really see how people would spin this to be a negative signing.
      LFCBosnia
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 353 posts | 12 
      Reply #39: Jan 15, 2015 09:14:44 am
      Higuain is pure class, can't really see how people would spin this to be a negative signing.

Well, We got Sturridge coming back from injury and despite of lack of goals from Balotelli and Lambert they could still come good when we once again have a Sturridge impact on the field. That means more creativity and more chances. Would be better to spend that kind of money on a proven midfielder to replace Gerrard. If we sell Balotelli and Borini then it would make sense...
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #40: Jan 15, 2015 11:19:36 am

Watching them both play and drawing parallels in their movement, speed and vision which tell me neither would cut it in the PL.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #41: Jan 15, 2015 03:49:38 pm
      Higuain is class. Would be a great signing.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #42: Jan 15, 2015 04:05:15 pm
      Higuain is class. Would be a great signing.

He sure would mate. But his agent (who is his brother) just publicly stated he has received no contact from Liverool and Higuain will be staying at Napoli until at least the Summer.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Gonzalo Higuain (Napoli)
      Reply #43: Jun 29, 2015 08:47:34 pm
      Sketchy source, but it's silly season so why not....
      http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/587559/Liverpool-Chelsea-Arsenal-Man-Utd-Nathaniel-Clyne-Gonzalo-Higuain-Transfer-Gossip
      Gonzalo Higuain demands Napoli accept Liverpool bid as Nathaniel Clyne undergoes medical
      GONZALO HIGUAIN has told Napoli he wants to join Liverpool, according to reports.
      By Anthony Chapman
      PUBLISHED: 10:51, Mon, Jun 29, 2015 | UPDATED: 10:56, Mon, Jun 29, 2015

The striker has been linked with a move away from Italy this summer following the club's failure to qualify for next season's Champions League.

Rafa Benitez also stepped down as manager in order to join Higuain's former club Real Madrid, and the Argentina international looks set to follow.

Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea are believed to be interested, but Italian newspaper Sport Mediaset claims that Higuain has pleaded with Napoli to accept a bid from Liverpool.

The Reds are on the look-out for a new forward after failing to replace Barcelona-bound Luis Suarez last summer.

Brendan Rodgers has already signed Burnley's Danny Ings on a free transfer while also wrapping up deals for Manchester City's James Milner and Hoffenheim's Roberto Firmino.

Southampton's Nathaniel Clyne has arrived on Merseyside ahead of his Anfield switch, and Higuain could be the next big name to link up with Rodgers.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Gonzalo Higuain (Napoli)
      Reply #44: Jun 29, 2015 08:51:10 pm
      Sketchy source, but it's silly season so why not....

Gonzalo Higuain demands Napoli accept Liverpool bid as Nathaniel Clyne undergoes medical
      GONZALO HIGUAIN has told Napoli he wants to join Liverpool, according to reports.
      By Anthony Chapman
      PUBLISHED: 10:51, Mon, Jun 29, 2015 | UPDATED: 10:56, Mon, Jun 29, 2015

The striker has been linked with a move away from Italy this summer following the club's failure to qualify for next season's Champions League.

Rafa Benitez also stepped down as manager in order to join Higuain's former club Real Madrid, and the Argentina international looks set to follow.

Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea are believed to be interested, but Italian newspaper Sport Mediaset claims that Higuain has pleaded with Napoli to accept a bid from Liverpool.

The Reds are on the look-out for a new forward after failing to replace Barcelona-bound Luis Suarez last summer.

Brendan Rodgers has already signed Burnley's Danny Ings on a free transfer while also wrapping up deals for Manchester City's James Milner and Hoffenheim's Roberto Firmino.

Southampton's Nathaniel Clyne has arrived on Merseyside ahead of his Anfield switch, and Higuain could be the next big name to link up with Rodgers.

Napoli have said that they want his release clause or they won't sell. That's about 60m, I highly doubt we'll pay anywhere near that.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Re: Gonzalo Higuain (Napoli)
      Reply #45: Jun 29, 2015 08:54:15 pm
      Napoli have said that they want his release clause or they won't sell. That's about 60m, I highly doubt we'll pay anywhere near that.

True, but what are teams going to say? Well his release clause is 60m but we'll take 30m? :D

I'd say if there's even an ounce of truth to this, it may take the player putting in a transfer request.

Quick Reply